What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Attempt at indoors - Coco

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Lookin' good Father Time....how often are you handwatering? I know you mentioned letting the medium get on the dry side....just wondering how long that takes....and it will be interesting to see that interval evolve as the roots explode....

peace

G

The White House looks great! what are the lights in there 600w?
Good luck with the grow!

B

bonecarver_OG

nice one FT :D

hehe - for sure in the end of flowering rooms can get pretty filled up and sometimes it gets really messy to water the ones in the deeper corners. i used to see it as excersize since its darn close to gymnastics.

the first thing that springs to mind is the fact u are using a plate per pot - and since in COCO its far better to let some of the water drain (10-15%) - i would definetly try to get a hydro tray - like the DUMA ones. if not u will find ur self emptying those plates on a regular basis after every watering. it means a lot of work. the bigger they get - the more work it will be. :D

i you cant get a fitting trays for ur room u can allways consider using thick plastic to cover the floor - and tape it up about 15 cms on the wall. but it will also get messy with emptying the drain water.

besides that - a very nice growroom! good luck mate :D

F

Father Time

High,
Thanks for droping past guys. :wave:

VT,
today is basically only the second day in the room for the girls,so will just moniter the coco for moisture,and see how we go,possiably water this afternoon im thinking. :chin:

Neilspotshop,
mate im useing light wise, 4 x 600hps - 1 x 1000mh in the room currently,but considering fitting another 2 x 600hps.

Boneman,
yes... :chin:
i have considered the run off proublem and am presently haveing trays made for me out of sheets of signwhite ( the thin white metal sheets you see shop signs made of ) getting two trays made and will just run run-off through the wall out into the back yard. :woohoo:

Kind Regards, FT :wave:
Ps,
room temps in the Whitehouse are still stable, just not sure about the humidity with lights out,so still monitering it closely. :joint:

J

jonnybgood29

im beginning to think that the dehumidifier would be best for you my friend, and the tray idea is great, but i would run that water to a resivoir and use it to water some of your outside flowers with.... may be used up for our plants, but the other wildlife will still get a kick out of it! if you garden, i would add it to the soil of dirt youll use next year!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the cool thing about installing a watering system, is that once it's done it's done and you can run it any way you like, including automatically for a week while you take a trip or so.

also even if you were to decide to water only ever 2 days, using a timer for that would still be best as it takes a lot of potential human error out of the situation. while you might forget it, or arrive after lights out, the timer never will. which leaves you only with maintaining a healthy tank of nutrient solution. which is easy in run to waste, everything tends to stay stable ph and ec wise when there are no nutes being recirculated.

anyway just my 2 cents, you look to have things well under control.

F

Father Time

stikky,
will flip them to flower at about 24" high. (well thats the plan)

Gaiusmanius,
thanks for your valuable adivse onc again,i'd appericate you droping in from time to time just to keep an eye on me mate. :joint:

Bullseye,
you knwo what thay say mate, no falls no balls. :bat:
Knd Regards,FT :wave:

J

jonnybgood29

hey ft, if it were me, id pinch them out now and let them cook till they hit the 24" mark my friend!

J

JackKerouac

Father Time said:
i thauhgt about putting the pots togeather in a tight group under a couple lights but... the room looked tacky and un-balanced,so it can stay this way and ill use the extra juice. :bat:

Pot Feng Shui?

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great bro, just a comment on the feeding: with the exception of the 1st week which i feed 1ml per litre i give 2ml per litre of A+B the whole life of the plants....also i feed full strength Rizotonic for around 75% of veg time and then 1ml per litre till week 5 of flowering.....i would also recommend B.Cuzz coco booster and coco bloom stimulator.
The main problems i encountered with coco were under feeding and overwatering with young seedlings and clones which resulted in slow and stunted growth.....also make sure the pots are not on a cold floor because that will slow root growth.
Regarding ph I find that as long as i keep between 5.5 & 6 (with 5.7 being ideal) the plants are very happy.
If there is any thing else you think of feel free to ask, im sure i know more i just need some questions to get my mind working.
Peace

J

jonnybgood29

now remember truecannabliss, father time is a newbie at the indoor thing. dont overwhelm him with all the extras, he needs to get one or two grows in before he starts with the boosters except cal-mag. too many mixes in the pot quickly discourages the newbies...... to indoors that is!

F

Father Time

Did somebody say BOOSTERS !
ill tell you about a Booster i got today, :bat: :bat: :bat:

so...
i got one of the Ac units not draining correctly,i ... in my infinate wisdom decide to skillfully and ever so gently drill a small drain hole in the pan of the unit.

all was goin exceptionaly well, until the very end... ( yes i can hear you all laughing already :pointlaug ) and even after try sooooo hard to be gentle i manage to shove the drill bit into the raditor of the $700 Ac unit! :badday:

it starts spraying water gas an shit all in my face and 15foot into the air hissing like a Tiger Snake on steroids.! :yoinks:

so after composeing my self from this unforseen attack,i decide (once again in my infinate wisdom) that the units got to be catcus due to the massive gas leak.

so i decided to remove the unit from the wall of the room,and leave just the one going with the hole from the stuffed one,boared up until an alternative could be sourced.

all was going well until i was cutting away the sealant/filler from around the unit,i noticed i had shut the unit off but not turned the power off at the switch an un-pluged it. :sasmokin:

once again in my infinate wisdom (anyone notice a patten here) i decide to be extra carefull,as if the knife slipped and cut into the power line i culd find myself in a spot of bother. :nono:

just as i was haveing this inportant safty thaught/enlightenment, IT HAPPNED !! :yoinks: :yoinks:

i got thrown across the room, and ended up in a big ass FT mess amounghst the plants,the pain was intense to say the least,something i dont ever want to feel again. (unless im being hit wiht the paddles at the hospital :joint: )

while seeking solice,
i rang my dear friend Wallyduck up for some paitent support! :petting:

not only did i recieve that support, he told me to go (as soon as i could) to get my sore and sorry ass off to our large electrical retail outlet where a New AC Unit would be waiting for me to replace the one i destroyed. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Wally has been my closest most trustworthy friend from virtually day one, he has gone above and beyond the relms and has been my rock through these past trying 8 months (personal family stuff :badday: )

i cannot ever put into words how much his freindship means to my Family and i,but suffice to say there's much love for our Winged friend.
Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

Last edited:
J

jonnybgood29

man, sorry to hear of your problems my friend! are you ok, electricity can do some nasty thing to the body!

and yes wally is a true friend, my c99 pineapple is getting a cut for keeping, then off to the flower room once recovered for some projects ive been drooling over for a while now! do you think diesel cindy would be a good one?

glad to see you didnt end up in the hospital my friend, and remember when it comes to electricity, very few mistakes get walked away from unscathed!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
holly shit Father Time, seems like you have been haveing quite some adventures, lol.

some thing very nasty in geting those electric jolts. thankfuly i have never been thrown accross the floor but have also felt the gentle caress of an electric shock.:D

make sure you never touch the poles on your lamp plugs right after unplugging them, lol. as it can be quite nasty. it seems to take them a little while to power down and unload the currant after they are unplugged.