What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Attempt at indoors - Coco

F

Father Time

High,
well,i have just compleated a room and its basically ready to fire up,with something in it. :woohoo:

i took some White Widdow X Bybblegum cuts and put them into the hame made cloner,into a little vege chamber with 3 x 4' fluros across the top.

thay took 10 days but finally got good root started. :woohoo:

i moved them into a ix of Coco/perlite 70%/30% and put them back under the fluros after watering them wiht microbail rootzone conditioner.

2 day ago i gave them their first watering wiht A+B Canna Coco Nutes,i have spent a good while reading the unofficall thread and just mixed up (after an initial stuffup) mild brew of nutes for their first real feed. :lurk:

this wher im up to so far anyway,will continue to document the rest of the grow here on the apperioate forums and link this page to the thread of the room build in growrooms forums.

ther is an enitr thread in the growrooms forums of the build from start of it until this stage we are ion now,just cut and past the link below in my signture to go have a look if you feel so inclined.

i have had great input from IC family members and its been their valuable advice and support that has made this all possiable.

Kindest Regards,FT :wave:

Last edited:

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey FT, are you gonna do any tissue culture in that lab of yours? LOL

What an awesome job!!! .... You gotta be doin work for CSIRO in there! hahaha

I think I'll just sit in the front row of this classroom and take notes.

Best of luck mate! :wave:
Smurf

ps... nice one with the anti-snake, anti-vermon setup!

Xtrakritical

Hello FatherTime, Looking Good over there mate!
That cloner looks to do the job quite well... for us small guys, it saves us a few dollars by building one, and do not have to buy an aero cloner! (even thos they are very sweet! lol)

I did the same with the hydroton on the bottom for xtra drainage and seems to work out well, but my choice in 2 gal grow bags seem to be too small even to finsh freshly rooted cuts.
I sliced a bag open half way thru flower and those girls were already root bound!
so next is to up to 3 gal gro bags and see how they do...

Im wondering Father Time what is your watering schedule going to be like?
Water everytime with nutes, or will you be feeding plain PH adjusted once or twice a week?
I ask because I seemed to have went too heavy on a few cuts when feeding, and burnt em pretty bad, ended up pulling em and adding new cuts in their place...
Then did it again! so everything hasnt been so peachy here, and Im still trying to get things dialed in with this new medium, and switch up in grow style...

Check back on ya soon!
Good Luck!

Xtra

F

Father Time

High all,
thanks for droping by this thread. :joint:

X-man,
as for watering schuldue mate i have no idea, :pointlaug

i mixed the A + B @ .05ml/L wich equates to not much considering 1ml/L of both A and B works out to about 0.5ms/cm :chin:

i had planned on bumping it up slowely over the next few feeds :confused:

im hopeing for advise from the guys that have achived sucess with this style of growing, :woohoo:

i sort of figured i'd just water every few days with a mild nutes soultion and maby a folier feed once a week. :confused:

Last edited:
J

jonnybgood29

with the mild solution, go ahead and use every watering, but go by weight of container to determine when to water my friend, dont want waterlogged roots!

F

Father Time

JB,
yep thats how i always water mate,usually run plants on the dryer side of the medium before watering. :joint:

ok,so next question is,what is the ideal room temps & Humidity %'S :confused:

Temp & Humidity in vege with lights on and off = ?
Temp & Humidity in Flower with lights on and off = ?

im asking this as im trying to work out lights on and off times,as the room is totally black in the middle of the day with your hand in frount of your face,so if i need to i can combat humidity proublems. :dueling: :dueling:

i think at the end of the day the best thing is to buy that bloody de-humidifyer and run the thing when ever i want to then. :bat:

but,i still need to know the above answers to my conundrum :bat: :bat:
Kind Regards,FT :wave:

Hery Fathertime
veg temps and humidity can very so i usually shoot for 75F to 80F deg or 23.8 C to 26.6C humidity 55% to 65% for veg can go as high as 75%

Flower i shoot for same temps but humidty is lowered to 55% for the first part of flower and then to 45% last part Then the last week i will drop the bottom out of it get it as low as i can wich for my garden is 20%

Nite time i try and hit a 10 degree difference from day to night for both flower and vegg Nite time humidity can rise on you so watch out for that in flower . These are what settings I try and shoot for in my garden hope it helps :wave:

Do Your self a favor and buy the dehumidifier :smile:

F

Father Time

High,
so im i the middle of the temp / Rh study and i have decided not to let it bother me and just a buy a bloody Dehumidifier.. :woohoo:

so,this leads me to my next question,what size unit should i purchase, :confused:

here's a few room specks that i assume will be a contrubiting factor to humidity levels. :badday:

room 20m/3 - 3400w of lights - 2 x 1.5AC Units - 2 x circuler fans - 2 x fans intake and exaust.

ill continue with the study tommorow with all lights running and ac units cranked and see how we go wth a full system running as well. :dueling:
Kind regards,FT :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi FatherTime

it's great to see you have started your coco grow here where it belongs, now that we have such a place, lol.

anyway, what nutrients are you using to make that light nutrient solution? if it is canna coco a+b, you can afford to up it to 1 ml per litter, and then 1 and a half.

when it comes to temps and RH, there are a couple of things to keep in mind. for the best flowering conditions, a temp of between 20 and 25 is ideal. in the best case, you will not let the day and night temps differ by more then a few degrees. if you have warm day temps and cold night temps you are encouraging mold due to the water that will get condensed inside your buds by the constant up and down in temperature.

when it comes to rh, i have found the ideal flowering rh is between 60% and 70% this makes for the best yields in my experience. the secret to avoiding mold is in the air movement just as much as the rh. once you are in the last 2 weeks i would then try and keep the rh at 50% if possible, just to be on the safe side.

for the best climate control year in and out, you are best off sealing your grow and adding your own co2. this will make it much easier for your AC and dehumidifier, then if you are permanently blowing the air out as soon as it's been dried and cooled off lol. although a dehumidifier is certainly a help in the last 2 weeks. although i get away without one myself, no ac either, just a couple of heaters for winter. but my grow changes according to season for that reason. my best harvests are in spring summer and autumn.

F

Father Time

High ,
thanks for the most valuable advise friends, :woohoo:

i'll be on top of this im sure,with such sensationl resorces at my finger tips such as experianced growers and freinds like you guys i am hardly stressing (wich is unusual for me :bat: )

and yes, i spent a lot of time reading and trying to take in the infomation in the offical coco growers thread,and made sue i got Canna coco A+B nutes to work with. :woohoo:

ill be re-poting the cuts from the smaller 1gal pots this morning into the 3 gal pots,so will mix the nutes at the advised rate for the feed before putting them into the "The Whitehouse" hahahaha (yes i know i call it something different every time :pointlaug )

but i kinda like "The Whitehouse" so that might just stick from now on. :joint:

i'll keep up-dates flowing during the day.
Kind regards,FT :wave:

G

Hey mate,
Here's a nute chart I made a while back, it should give ya a decent idea of strengths. I usually start new plants on the moderate feed, and tweak it from there.
5066Nute_chart1.JPG

As far as temps. and humidity go, what everyone else said- 24-28c and 50-70% for veg, and 22-26c and 40-60% for flower. Although it should be ok if they fluctuate out of these ranges slightly on occasion.
I don't think the temps. will be too much of a prob with your climate, or am I wrong?
But I'd definatly recommend you get a de-huey. I'd imagine it'd be already pretty humid where your at? Anyway, if ya give my mate a call, he should be able to fix ya up. I'd go with the 20L/day model personally.

"Whitehouse" eh? I like it!!!!

F

Father Time

High,
well so far i have managed to get the clones/rooted cuts out of the smaller pots and into the 3gal ones thay will spend their life in. :woohoo:

thay have been watered with Canna Coco A+B @ 1ml/l ratio,this EC's at .74 so things looking good there. :woohoo:

i was not sure about stiring the nutes into the water so i put in a bubbler and let each bucket bubble for 15minits before watering.

the rooted cuts wher no doubt happy in their little vege chamber as the roots wher great, :woohoo:

in hindsite im not sure about the weed matting on the bottom of the smaller pots as the roots had grown through it and i was forced to re-pot this a well for fear of upsetting the roots any more. :badday:

so everything is set in place to fire the room up today,im just letting the plants take in a few rays while i post this update and clean the room again.hehehe :bat:

F

Father Time

High,
Well it's done... :woohoo: :woohoo:
ther in the room the switch has been flipped and the lights are on. *insert nervous laugh* hehehehe.. :bat: :bat:

so now the buterflys have really set in as i ponder what the hell to do next,ill sit on the temps and humdiity for the next few hours and moniter. :chin:

Kindest Regards,Ft :wave:

The Whitehouse.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Lol The Whitehouse is immaculate...very clean setup...nice work....this is gonna be fun to watch....

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it looks perfect.

i was just thinking, you could put them close together till they need more space and save using all the lights in the begining?

so are you gonna hand water them?

this is gonna be a cool thread...

peace :wave:

F

Father Time

High,
well the rooms run all night without not major dramers im just messing wiht the ac units to find a nice happpy medium for the temps :chin:

it got down to 62f last night which i thaugh was a bit cold,so i bumped them up a "tad" and trying to get it sitting around the 70f.

the Rh% is sitting on 40 but that will increase during the day no doubt so will just moniter the room as the day passes.

i have drawn up a spreadsheet for the room,
noteing indoor Temp & Rh % as well as outdoor temp & RH % at timed intervils during the corse of the day.(just to help me get my head around it)

i thauhgt about putting the pots togeather in a tight group under a couple lights but... the room looked tacky and un-balanced,so it can stay this way and ill use the extra juice. :bat:

F

Father Time

High,
After a busey day monitering room temps and Humidity%'s i think im happy for the time being. :woohoo:

room adveraged out at 24.1c with Rh%51 with the lights and 2 x Ac Units @ 22c settings,while outdoor temps rose as high as 29.4c wiht Rh%85 max,but its adverage was Rh%61.

lights are out at the moment and with the 2 Ac's set on 26c the rooms holding at 24.1c still but with a Rh%78 meanwhile outdoors the Temps 28.1c with a Rh%66

i plan to water by hand for as long as i can get around the room (assumeing thay dont all die on me) but will rig a watering system up that i can just attach a pump and water form the doorway if it is needed.

look foward to any construstive comments :woohoo:
Kind Regards,FT :wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts