What's new

Fireknot farm 2016

The amblyseius swirskii have been deployed @ 71%RH:smoker:

T minus 5 days until germination:bandit:

ev7nU1zh.jpg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
you are living the dream for all of us who hide indoors in shitty med states.

isn't there enough time to scrap the buggy plants and start fresh or is that for light dep or indoor?

I've scrapped approx 80 plants in the last three months learning how to ID and eradicate broad AND russet mites. You let them get to a point and they're just garbage. I'm way past that point now though I have a thriving bm free jungle and an organic ipm regiment that works so I'm stoked. I look at how much yield I lost and how much I spent on trial and error...probably 10k. Water under the bridge. I'm happy I have the skillset and knowledge to spot them and destroy them fast now.

The farm couldnt be funded without some indoor runs, its my model for getting it off the ground, I had no full season last year just trimmed my ass off. Am I overbudget? Oh yeah :)

Going to put bodhi and custom bx seeds in cups or 4x4"s with some seed starter mix on the new moon in 4 days and feel WAY more confident now. A couple weeks ago I was just envisioning my seedlings getting eaten in a matter of a day or two (could you imagine? Thats how fast they work) no way I'm going to let that happen!

Tynehead Tom

subbed , I can only watch and dream of growing huge trees outdoors to completion so am gonna follow along. I'm at near 3000ft at 51 almost 52N so the best I can get is a shrubbery LOLZ

I havent figured it out yet. Probably just going ask the shop for some organic seed starter mix. Was going to go down tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Ive got 3 bags of sunshine 4 and some excess ammendments too but am not exactly confident in my soil mixing skills yet to consider doing anything with it...especially for something crucial like seeds.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I used black gold last year, had a good germ rate (95% or so)

ideally you would use a lab-tested balanced soil but I haven't even amended my old soil yet so I might go with black gold again.

Here's what byf told me he's using:

" black gold natural and organic with small amount of my amendment mix, some biological inoculate, and Biocoat"

Awesome, thanks
Ideally...haha...I know how it goes :)

Ideally I'd already have a rockin' veg hoop and 5mm plastic ordered ready for April 1st...
Instead I find myself refashioning this old dinosaur bone of a carport thing that got left behind. :violin:

Might do the job just fine.:biggrin:

qForqwe.jpg

plantingplants

Hypercubing, any thoughts on el dorado ordinance enforcement/sheriff activity this year? I heard rumors they're pissed off because of some house invasions. I couldn't quite tell how many you're doing this year but do you feel pretty comfortable? I also heard it's complaint based here.

You are right. Dont piss off your neighbors. I considered doing 99 but I'm probably just going to end up focusing on 20 big ones this year. After all I've been thru it's hard for me to be comfortable but I'm right at the sq ft limits, have 3 scripts in a "growers collective" and there are far bigger grows 'round so I feel as comfortable as one can. Flying under the radar and getting away with it are goals of mine. I'm ready if they decide to drive up though. Good luck this season, I dig the nickname.

plantingplants

Apparently I already pissed off my only neighbor because I didn't know his property line was 20 ft past his fence. I need to find a way to appease this guy. He doesn't seem like the type to call anyone though, being a biker type. Maybe I'll give him a bouquet of dried flowers :D

B

BAKED_BEANZ

You are right. Dont piss off your neighbors. I considered doing 99 but I'm probably just going to end up focusing on 20 big ones this year. After all I've been thru it's hard for me to be comfortable but I'm right at the sq ft limits, have 3 scripts in a "growers collective" and there are far bigger grows 'round so I feel as comfortable as one can. Flying under the radar and getting away with it are goals of mine. I'm ready if they decide to drive up though. Good luck this season, I dig the nickname.

i vote 99 , :biggrin:

Excellent PR move Plants.

How do you like my GH Beanz??? Puts yours to shame bro!

It survived a mini hurricane last night!
PeP1dNIh.jpg

Yeah. 99. I need to get more soil for that in May which is "go-time" and dont know how / if it will work...maybe we'll see...if not this year then next. All my 40 yards of coot's are going toward mounds.

plantingplants

Did you buy 40 yds of coots from RE? How much was trucking? I was thinking about getting the coots lite version that Schrews gets for around $130/yd. if you go with 99, maybe consider that. I think he said it had half the amendments and used cheaper compost. I also can't decide whether to do a smaller quantity (a yard each) of coots, or mix coots with last years $50/yd soil.. And at what ratio? Makes me nervous trying to figure this out because I want to do it right this year. If only I had an extra $5-10k laying around..... :D

B

BAKED_BEANZ

looks like a place where mexicans stop before they cross the border , lol

love the spot , i,d fill that area in a heart beat . but yeah get the plant situation . whatever it takes to be safe .