What's new

Fireknot farm 2016

Here are the soil results and recommendations from LL.

Site 1 is the coot's mix
Site 2 is what I grabbed out of one of my holes

It didn't occur to me at the time that perhaps I should have done more than one test on the coot's.

VyrWxhch.jpg

4EF7xkS.png

Thanks, I dont know too much about this yet, yours looks like its more on point?

I got tons to do today, just woke up, and am going to try to figure this out later.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
When are you going to release the first round of swkirskiis on the seedlings? Or do you have other plans to keep them bugfree

They were released I think like 6 days ago. I've tried to find them with my scope but my eyes are getting old, I dont see shit, will upgrade scopes next month. Its been mostly over 70%rh with dips down to 63 and 65. Still not seeing damaged leaves. I think I might see a small area of affected pistils. If it spreads or gets worse its back to the essential oil mix and pfr-97.

One of my t5's needs ballast repair it looks like. I'll monitor seedlings daily if I see anything off I'll probably dillute the mix to 7ml/g try that see how it does. I'll get more swirskiis next month.

Something I'm trying my wrap my head around here..

My water analysis (previous page) says ph 6.2. My meter says 5.6. This must account for the 1 week drift between here and the lab? (Just calibrated with 4 and 7)

Should I be phing my water to 6.5 to make it easier on the seedlings?

plantingplants

I would give them what you'll be giving them as adults. This is completely anecdotal but I've seen young plants that have been given pHed water go into pots and watered with high pH well water and they were not happy next to the plants that were raised with the well water.

I would say you want to weed out any plants that don't respond well to what you'll give to them as adults, so give it to them now. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not a seasoned cultivator.

Thanks for your input. Last 2 waterings were straight from the well...but this just feels wrong to me...I think as adults it wont matter especially with a cover crop planted and mulched. I would think the little ones would maybe need some help out, 5.6 seems really acidic for soil, but I'm totally new to this.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Something I'm trying my wrap my head around here..

My water analysis (previous page) says ph 6.2. My meter says 5.6. This must account for the 1 week drift between here and the lab? (Just calibrated with 4 and 7)

for seedlings I always shot for straight 6...(shrug)

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would give them what you'll be giving them as adults. This is completely anecdotal but I've seen young plants that have been given pHed water go into pots and watered with high pH well water and they were not happy next to the plants that were raised with the well water.

I would say you want to weed out any plants that don't respond well to what you'll give to them as adults, so give it to them now. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not a seasoned cultivator.

this actually makes sense..looks at it this way..IF you have vigorous growth in your seedlings (never mind what your PH level is) in a FEW of them...THEIR your keepers for mothers, planters...etc....just my $.02...NOW...this is hard to do when you pay $140.00 for a 10 pack of seeds......I make my own so I have literally BAGS of them lol

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought the new moon was today???

I've always noticed the lunar cycles effects on life. My sister thinks I'm nuts whenever I bring it up. I just mention how firefighters doctors nurses etc will all agree...the data is there...full moons are freaky...

You live too long in a city...or sober... and it will fuck with your head.

THAT might explain whyI've been the way I've been for the last few days lol

Out of 200 I'll pick somewhere between 20-99 depending on what Heisenberg says.

I think I'll water my seeds with the 5.6 ph well water unless they look like shit then intervene...feelsweirdtho...

Blame the moon.

plantingplants

Out of 200 I'll pick somewhere between 20-99 depending on what Heisenberg says.

I think I'll water my seeds with the 5.6 ph well water unless they look like shit then intervene...feelsweirdtho...

Blame the moon.

As I understand it, soil has a certain amount of buffering capacity, so just check your soil pH throughout the season. It may become more acidic but I've seen plants in >200 gallon pots do just fine with 8 pH water over a whole season. With the same soil over multiple seasons, I would definitely keep an eye on the pH.

leadsled

Looks like a logan lab soil test and then a soil amendment recommendation. Did you post up the water test results somewhere?

Gotta love the water filters. There are doing there job.

Latest posts

Latest posts