What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Exploring lunarcy phases with Apollo 11

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
My new favorite breeder Highlighter :).

Great project man. With genetics like that I'm sure you'll find yourself a few stud muffins.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL, Cg, make sure when you use the "B" word in regards to me, you include "hobby". :biglaugh:

Dr. Young, a pleasure to meet you! Awesome you're on the A11 bandwagon w/ a selected cut. :yes: Good story too! :D
I feel some collaboration in the works. ;)

A big shout-out to Rasputin for the POTM nom. :thank you:

Bi0, much thanks for your continued interest & support! :tiphat:
I never bought in to the Sub_Cool hype, so I'm unaware of what he's doing w/ the A13. I still have a tough time thinking the color comes from the A13, as A11 is a simple "next step" in the breeding.
:confused: It's def there, tho!

I dropped the ball a bit w/ the A11-GPC #2. She's @ 53 days today, and I goofed and gave her some nutes earlier in the wk. :redface:
I flushed her good yesterday. I was hoping to take her @ 8 wks, but now it'll be closer to nine.
Here's what she's looking like:
Apollo 11 GPC #2
picture.php

Here's the seeded one:
Apollo 11 GPC #1
picture.php

She's been in the tent 4 wks after the pollination. I like to give seeds 6 wks to mature, so I'll be taking her closer to 70 days.
She's @ 60 days today.

Big transition day today. I potted up the VNT's into 0.8 gal. air pots, along w/ Magic Haze #1. Day one of 12/12. :)
I watered them in w/ hygrozyme, kick start the roots after root-pruning.
Here's what they all look like :
Chaco's 'Magic Haze'

This has become my sativa measuring stick over the last 3 months.
I love this smoke, and feel it was kismet that I found two seeds w/ a sativa breeding project underway. :dance013:
I started smoking the A11 this wk. It's such an "old shoe" high to me, not as up as the haze, but not the spaciness of the haze. I'm not as apt to space doing something that I've thought of doing a dozen times while high. I'll get 80% of what I intended to do while high on the haze done, while w/ the Apollo, it'll be more like 95%.
:biglaugh:
I was jarring up the Trip #3 yesterday, and decided to roll a J just to see how seedy it had gotten. (one seed in 3 popcorn nugs)
Far from cured, it was razors on my throat, but a good elec high, moreso than A11. We'll have to see how it translates after a cure.

Here's what the Vietnamese Nah Trang x Meao Thai look like going in.

The last 3 were the tallest, and they were topped for cuts. The others I took cuts from side branches.

While I was rearranging the tent I took pics of all the players.
I killed off one of the FLT C-99's, the two were carbon copies @ this point. Here's the one I kept:
FLT C-99 @ 18 days

Finishing up, here are the Flying Tiger girls.
FT #1 @ 18 days

FT #5 @ 13 days

FT #12 @ 6 days

FT #14 @ 19 days

That's a yard, 36". :smoke:

Thanks for the continued interest! :tiphat:

Last edited:

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave:Hello HL, just read the whole thread, very interesting, beatifull gardener development ;D
Saludos and best wishes
N

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank Monk-y! :wave:

Happy to have you reading thru, nachilloo! :)

With the advent of more full-on sativa's in the flowering tent, I added some more hardware today. :D

It has a 14 Band, 3 Watt HO chip-set featuring UV + IR (a few).
Have it right over 3 of the Flying Tiger's.

Here's a shot of the boys a few days ago @ light's off.

picture.php

They should really be putting out by the weekend, I'll try and get a "dust up" shot.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats to nachilloo for the POTM win! :jump:

Keeping on in the male scheme of things, here's the Flying Tiger boys on their last night.
picture.php

I killed them all 'cept for the one on the rgt background, just left of the bamboo stake.
He had a tighter profile than the other 5, so I've kept him around a little longer.
Here he is with the two Apollo girls. Any new pistils get him, but the others did a great job too, the pollen done took! :D

Here's a shot of a sprig of the #6, the one I kept. Some of the other boys had more visible resin, but his compact profile is what I'm after. I will selectively pollinate a few branches on the Flying Tiger girls this weekend.

(This digi microscope has the tightest aperture, bums me out)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's another one, tough focusing.

As for other males I've been nurturing/abusing, my lone Apollo Trip started to hermi pretty good, so I yanked him.

Chaco's Magic Haze has been in flower 10 days or so, and the developing pre-flowers had me guessing male, so I threw him in the Trip's place.
Have I mentioned how much I love the haze I found the seed in?
F'n love it! He's in there w/ a couple of Trip & Apollo girls. They're already 3+wks in, and some of the Trip pollen did minimal damage, so I'll have to run 'em long for the seeds to develop from the haze.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the Apollo male front, I kept cuts from the 4 I bred to the Apollo-GPC.

Cuts taken were stressed (high heat [mid 80's], erratic light schedule) and all 4 hermied. They were then vegged in a normal routine for 6 wks and only one reverted back to a clean veg, the others continued to lightly put out pistils. Cuts taken from them all behaved with similar results, still throwing pistils.

So I'm only keeping the one male now. A bit bummed, but it is what it is, see how it plays out down the line...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing they weren't was sterile.
I took down the A11-GPC #1 @ 70 days.

I also took down the A11-GPC #2 @ 63 days. I worked hard to flush her out, but she hardly yellowed a leaf. Future rds. I'll be backing off the cal/mag w/ her.

picture.php

On the trim, she was leafier than my A11's, more of a indica bent to her, reminding me of the Sk1 x NL I used to grow in the 80's.
Totally different smell as well.
Gonna be fun smoking these Apollo's out side by side in the next month or so!

Be back this weekend with everything else going on.

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:jump:Graacias Highlighter, big surprise to me ejjeje... Really interested in hows is the Apollo High.. never tryed her myself..
Saludoss
n

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nachilloo, the high is very much as advertised, UP, HAPPY, & CLEAR.
What I love is the perception of clarity. You feel like a veil has lifted, and you can think more clearly, like you can foresee several moves ahead as in a chess game.
For a dumb-ass like me, it's a revelation, no matter how illusionary it all may be. :)

I took down Apollo Trip #1 yesterday @ 87 days. When I was taking down the other Trip's 2 wks ago and noticed the seeds, I pulled her out of the tent and she's been under a skylight for two wks.
I figured this would set the nanners bursting, but not at all!
She has a real diesel reek to her, none of the rotten fruit of the other Trip's, and again, she didn't color up at all like the other 3 Trip's.
picture.php

picture.php

Bi0hazard

Veteran
What I love is the perception of clarity. You feel like a veil has lifted, and you can think more clearly, like you can foresee several moves ahead as in a chess game.
For a dumb-ass like me, it's a revelation, no matter how illusionary it all may be. :)

View Image

Lol. I can also attest that the increased mental clarity isnt a placebo effect. That trip should have a much deeper / cbn type high at that many days. Or do the trips take longer because of the haze in the mix?

A11 is Absolutely less spacy and more functional than haze.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's how the Flying Tiger girls are fairing. I did some training with them yesterday, trying to achieve an espalier affect for placement around the vertical.
Here's the FT #1, the one I didn't top, along with the FLT C99 girl on left. Both were placed in flower the same day, here at 32 days.
picture.php

Untopped, she's still shorter than the FT #5 & 14 plants, and is the most resinous of the 4.
The lower right branch of hers was pollinated w/ FT #6 pollen, you can just see the white tie indicating the branch.

Here's my 2nd favorite of the FT's, the #12 @ 28 days.
picture.php

She was the plant that didn't show pre-flower pistils til she was in 12/12. Much tighter internodes than the others, she's the shortest.
You can see the lower branch w/ the white tie bent horizontally, again, a pollen recipient.

The #5 & 14 received no pollen, and if I needed room, either one of these would be disposable to me.
FT #5 @ 27 days

FT #14 @ 33 days

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Vietnamese Nah Trang's X Meao Thai's are 17 days in and I've pretty much sexed them.
Here's VNT #1 & 2, both look to be males.

VNT #3 & 4 are girls.

The three I topped, VNT #5,6,&7 all appear to be girls, one's a little iffy.

I hope to take three of these to finish, the plan being to train one on ea. wall espalier-style. :)
New territory for me!

:tiphat:

nachilloo

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uuhmm that sounds like music to my ears jejeje--> very interesting.. i do have try c99 and a few hibrids from her..never experienced the Apollo... uhmm that kind of description just love it jejej...
Saludoss and best wishes
n

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nachilloo, loving your work w/ the Punto Rojo!
Kaiki's good people, love the exotics he offers.

Would love to cross Apollo w/ the Punto Rojo, jejeje!

Besides a minor heat wave last week, everything's going well here.
I've added another 600w cool tube, as you can see here.

I have a plant coming down wednesday, but I have 6 seeded moms I need to fit in here to finish.
I'm planning on killing off the VNT Thai's I have going, and throwing their cuts in instead.
They are very jungle-y, and will need a lot of room.
I've already killed off #1,2, & 5, all males.
Yesterday I killed off #4, as she was the leggiest and not flowering as well as the others.
Here she is before I cut her down.

That leaves me with three, #3, #6, & #7.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the Flying Tiger front, the girls are revealing themselves more & more.
FT #1 is showing a lot of A11 in the bud structure. It's surprising how much A11 is showing thru, as much of my crosses w/ A11 are dominated by the other genetics involved.
Flying Tiger #1 @ 47 days

My other fav FT #12 exhibits a bit of Apollo in her squiggly pistils, and her shorter internodes nod to A11 too.
Flying Tiger #12 @ 43 days

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The two tallest Flying Tigers, #5 & #14, undoubtedly lean towards the Golden Tiger genetics.
I had a minor heat problem last wk, where temps hit 90 degrees two days in a row, causing some premature browning of pistils, but #14, the tallest plant, looked no worse for wear, and I'm attributing it to the fact that she was smack dab center under my LED.
I've since moved FT #1 under it. :D

Flying Tiger #5 @ 42 days

Flying Tiger @ 48 days

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Looking Nice!

What Apollo did you use in the FT cross in the first of the two posts? Really nice stretching going on.

Latest posts

Latest posts