What's new

Exploration of the Big O...Bodhi's Ae77 Cali O X's

Miraculous Meds

I had a 45 day pheno of pearl back when it won the cup. I usually pushed it to 50 or 52, when the plant was totally healthy n would let it go that long. But any kind of imperfection in the run and it was done in 45.

Besides it being a quick finisher. I always think of a few things that might cause this. Root problems, overwatering, nute/ph probs, or root bugs. Then theirs broad/cyclamen mites. Of course being pollenated. But I don't really see any signs, of any of those showing up in leaf def.

I do see the slightest sign of tip burn. Maybe this pheno is just really nutrient sensitive.

billycw

Veteran
Ollie- Thanks, that was my dilemma on when to start flushing. throwing me all off at this rate. Think I'll treat her as a 45 and see how it goes

DoubleTripleOG- thanks for sharing, pollen was my first thought too. Spent a good amount of time examining her and plants around, not seeing any signs of pollen anywhere. Thanks for your experience, helped ease the mind

Miraculous Meds- Ahh I remember the Silver Pearl, early girl, early pearl era. Some good history to dig into on those lines too. second worry was some kind of lockout but really don't think its the case. don't take clones and looked for any signs of anything in soil, not seeing any problems. Noticing all the cali o x's to be a bit sensitive to nutes. having to feed them a bit stronger even at about half strength then I think they would like having other stronger feeders on same table. Guessing sensitivity in the cali o side? Have a satsuma that's super sensitive, might hand water her next run.

heady blunts- Thanks, shes a frosty one for sure. Have a Satsuma that I think has her beat, I'll post up in a bit. Always had heard cali o was a frosty girl

billycw

Veteran
Frostiest girl so far I think is Satsuma #1. She really reminds me of my old catpiss in structure, frost and leaf up curl. Digging her and had to throw up a couple shots while I experimenting with the camera. Most orange smelling of the satsuma's so far.

Satsuma #1 day 35
series of closeups of same bud site
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

separate bud site and closeup
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ollie

Veteran
THat Satsuma also looking real good Sir,

Hopefully there will also be some swell during the week flush !

billycw

Veteran
Blood Orange #2 looking a bit beastie after a 10 day flush at day 67. That is a Gallon LK jug for size reference, huge yields. Smell is nothing but oranges.

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Blood Orange #1 taken down on day 65(could be taken at 60). Large dense spears that really had a key lime pie slushy scent while clipping. Will back off nutes a bit with all the cali o x's with clone runs,they seem to be a bit sensitive feeding pretty light. Almost ready for a early smoke report in a couple more days.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Cali O x A11g #2 day 41! I have never come across such a fast plant. I could very comfortably take her down today with no regret... Will take her to day 45, unbelievable finishing speed on her! She smells of rotting warm pineapples and will have plenty of bag appeal. She is also going to yield out nicely with multiple top shots equaling size, denser then she looks.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Miraculous Meds

Yeah that's super fast. she does look a bit wispy. I would have guessed she would be a low yielder. that's a nice bonus of decent yield with a super fast flowering time. Now if she passes the smoke test u might have something there! It looks like there is plenty of trichomes.

billycw

Veteran
Miraculous Meds- She is on the low side overall. As far as structure of buds(a little wispy looking but dense) but with her branching sativa structure she makes up for it in volume of site's and actually bulks up nice in lower light areas. We will see with end weigh in as I usually expect about 4oz per in her setup. Blood Orange #1 pulled just under 6oz. Think she will hit 3 which is acceptable given its her first run through with very little tweaking. Its all about how she smokes in the end, she has the nose for sure.

Its hard to get a good angle of all of her but here is a crooked one that got most of her in it. Cali O x A11g #2 is everything in the foreground.
picture.php

Just to give you an idea on speed, here is Satsuma #2 day 41 same table.
picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Cali O x A11g #1 day 41. I'm guessing Bodhi's A11g daddy was a quick influence as #1 is starting to finish too. I'm guessing she'll be done about day 50ish. I have found a couple sac's that seem to be sterile and/or no pollen, but only a handful. This one smells like tangerines but mixed in with a pineapple heavy cocktail fruit bowl.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Cali O x A11g #2 day 44, Again I go into flower with intentions on getting photos of everything and I end up taking a ton of pics of her. Now she's showing some nice purple hue's. Was planning on taking her at 45 but might let her go a couple more just to see her color up. Her time frames are really throwing me off being so quick. A tray at 45 days can pull 8 cycles a year, lucky to get 6 with most strains I've ever had at 55-65 days.

The warm rotting pineapple funk has just gotten stronger with flush, there is some citrus twang deep down in her funk but blends so nicely with pineapple. Can't wait to smoke her.

Anyone have a real quick girl that can weigh in, not seeing reason to let her go much more other then color. Bottom sites are finished just like tops. Digging her hard.

Cali O x A11g day 44
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
She definitely is a beauty looking plant. I hope she smokes as good too.

I am not exactly sure of the days but in my last couple diaries there was a chemsour x sscdh f2 as well as a purple dream that were both quite fast. I was caught off guard by how early chemsour #1 seemed to be finishing. I ended up pushing it closer to 60 days the first time and ended up with a lot of amber trichs and a heavy bottom, but I like those too so its all good, lol.

I took them a few days earlier the second time and still ended up with quite a bit of the amber trichs on the chemsour #1 but much more balanced than the first run. The purple dream is more likely a solid 53-56 finisher and the Chemsour was ready IMO in the 48-52 day range.

Sadly, I dont have either any more. Moved on from the purple dream but lost the chemsour#1 mom due to having the landlord around again for an extended period of time. Seems to be a common theme with me in losing nice mother plants. At least I get the harvests I need to sustain myself and the wife.

Miraculous Meds

I had a Chernobyl plant that would finish like that in 45. usually took it to 55 for more flavor, n cause there was a lot of clear trichomes. u might want to check the trichs, it might be a surprise that the trichs aren't cloudy yet, but the bud looks mature.

billycw

Veteran
I had a Chernobyl plant that would finish like that in 45. usually took it to 55 for more flavor, n cause there was a lot of clear trichomes. u might want to check the trichs, it might be a surprise that the trichs aren't cloudy yet, but the bud looks mature.

Miraculous- this is what I was curious about on quick finishers. Seems to be more clear trichs then I ever have at finish(about 40-50% clear, 5% amber and rest cloudy) but much more finished looking buds then I'm used to as well, its really throwing me off lol Think with the nice colors I'll let her go a couple more.

Bmac- thanks for the info on your quick girls, did they amber up after chop or taken at amber? Always wondered when people had really fast plants what the trichs looked like at harvest. Just ate a real questionable avocado the other night, too soon too soon:laughing:

Shcrews- Thanks, if she smokes proper will let you know:tiphat:

Bmac1

Veteran
They had a good portion of amber prior to chop and continued to amber up post chop.

billycw

Veteran
Cali O x A11g #2 Day 46 flower
Looking like 70% cloudy with 5 amber, as far as bud appearance it has looked done since day 40 just adding color. Anyone run that fast C99, curious what her trich's were at on harvest. Amazing girl so far.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts