What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ethiopian on the right:

picture.php

Ethiopian
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ok dubi! Thanks so much!

Can you recomend me a strategy to grow small plants? 1.5 mts maximum it's possible?

I will grow in pots outdoor and i will do a manual flowering because in this place not going to mature, here the autumn is cold.

Thank you very much!

Hi Oddvar,

The most effective strategy to end up with smaller plants outdoors is easy: do a late planting. In that way you will need to take care of your plants during lesser time and you won't need to deal with pruning too tall sativas that are usually rootbounded in pots and starting to show feeding problems. I would recommend you to germinate your Ethiopians 1 month and half before the autumn equinox, the ethiopians will start to flower around approx autumn equinox.

It's also very important to choose genetics of your taste that are suitable to finish properly in your climate without the need of induce their flowering by 'manual flowering' (guess you mean bring the plants in and out every day to provide 12 hours of darkness).

Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk :)

Lovely sights of your sativas! :D 3.5 meters, my Goddess!! :D

You will be surprised of the amount of seeds you can get from a tropical sativa by doing just an early flowering pollination. An early pollination will stop the vigor of the flowering as the plant will focus lots of energies to mature the seeds instead of producing new abundant reflowerings (as you can see in the pollinated ovaries vs the non pollinayed ones). So at this point it's recommendable to increase the feeding after the pollination to make sure the tropical sativa feels she has enough nutrients to continue reflowering abundantly.

Oddvar

Hi Oddvar,

The most effective strategy to end up with smaller plants outdoors is easy: do a late planting. In that way you will need to take care of your plants during lesser time and you won't need to deal with pruning too tall sativas that are usually rootbounded in pots and starting to show feeding problems. I would recommend you to germinate your Ethiopians 1 month and half before the autumn equinox, the ethiopians will start to flower around approx autumn equinox.

It's also very important to choose genetics of your taste that are suitable to finish properly in your climate without the need of induce their flowering by 'manual flowering' (guess you mean bring the plants in and out every day to provide 12 hours of darkness).

Hope it helps.

Thank you very much for the information! : tiphat:

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Hi repuk :)

Lovely sights of your sativas! :D 3.5 meters, my Goddess!! :D

You will be surprised of the amount of seeds you can get from a tropical sativa by doing just an early flowering pollination. An early pollination will stop the vigor of the flowering as the plant will focus lots of energies to mature the seeds instead of producing new abundant reflowerings (as you can see in the pollinated ovaries vs the non pollinayed ones). So at this point it's recommendable to increase the feeding after the pollination to make sure the tropical sativa feels she has enough nutrients to continue reflowering abundantly.

Good news... the smaller kid in the house now knows, so No longer need to place them so stealth from neigbouring house, next year they'll have an all-day full-sunblast spot!

Thanks! I fed them as soon as I arrived... will feed them! hope I didn't screw it!

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Low yeild with this line, isn't it?

Got one outdoor in the ground and it's not better than yours; But the aromas, oh god, are so wild, intoxicating, i can't wait to try it, it's been so long since the last time i grew those.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Mi fault, I'm afraid...

I had two males blasting her since early to almost mid flowering.

Took too much time to repot her prior to flowering and she suffered.

This is my first time with seeded plants, but just for the volume of seeds, I think yield wouldn't have been low at all for a landrace sativa.

dugzy

It is so good to have lots of seed to play with, really good to see all your outdoor sativas this season repuk. I am dreaming of the day i can live somewhere with a decent climate

King kahn

repuk. Your plants are amazing, love the height on them bad boys/girls. I plan on throwing some Ethiopian out next year.was curious as to the date you popped your seeds.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Thanks dugzy! I have more seeds I can go through, but I find I'm always wanting to try something directly from ACE :) and already plenty stocked too!

Thanks King kahn! I popped them in May. Next time though I will be doing some LST to them, tendering trees is a no-no!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Mi fault, I'm afraid...

I had two males blasting her since early to almost mid flowering.

Took too much time to repot her prior to flowering and she suffered.

This is my first time with seeded plants, but just for the volume of seeds, I think yield wouldn't have been low at all for a landrace sativa.

Expect to have plenty of seeds germinating spontaneously next spring in the soil nearby the place your grew the seeded ethiopian, friend ;)

H

hard rain

Ethiopians at 10 weeks. I have 3 of these, and seems to be 2 pheno's. These have had a hard life. Rootbound and neglected, then a lot of brutal supercropping, bondage (root and branch). I am finding them now quite manageable indoors. Under 420 watts of LED.
These flowered quite ok under 12/12, now going 11.75/12.25.
I reckon pheno's a and b have at least 4 weeks to go but c more like 8. We will see.
Photos 1 & 2 are Ethiopian a. Photo 3, b and lastly, c, the least mature.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

H

hard rain

Ethiopian just under 13 weeks. Quite good resin for a landrace. It is really apparent under a 60x lens.
picture.php

burningfire

Veteran
what kind of aromas are you getting from these plants?

the description is really interesting to me, I want to make sure I get some of those seeds before ace stops offering them, as far as I know they are not a limited edition...

right?

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Ethiopians at 10 weeks. I have 3 of these, and seems to be 2 pheno's. These have had a hard life. Rootbound and neglected, then a lot of brutal supercropping, bondage (root and branch). I am finding them now quite manageable indoors. Under 420 watts of LED.
These flowered quite ok under 12/12, now going 11.75/12.25.
I reckon pheno's a and b have at least 4 weeks to go but c more like 8. We will see.
Photos 1 & 2 are Ethiopian a. Photo 3, b and lastly, c, the least mature.
View Image View Image View Image View Image

Nicely done, Hard Rain!

Can i ask which leds you are using and about how many square ft does the 400+watt led you mention cover?