What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopian sativa

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
That's it... that's what I told myself: refrain from drowning them. They drink little compared to crosses and expect humid/dry cycles.

Fixing droopiness due to lack of water takes minutes. Too much water, specially over prolonged time, can hurt much more.

I also have my eye on ethiopian sativa have one pack with plans of purchasing two more, good to see familiar faces in this thread I hope to see more ethiopians, Good Luck And Good Green

W

Water-

I find it much easier to get the watering and nutrients right in larger containers, in a small container a small error can be more devastating to the plant

Oddvar

Hello everybody! Greetings from Argentina! Excuse my english... This is my first message in the forum but o been reading for a long time ago. Is awesome.

I got 5 seeds of ethiopian and i got some question...
Maybe someone can help me: How much it takes to start flowering since 12/12 photoperiod? And approximately how many phenotypes and females i will found in 5 plants?

Thanks!

i think dubi reccommends 11 hours light and 13 hours dark for sativas of this type, hope this helps
it is uncertain how many males or females you will get but odds are you will get atleast one female, good luck

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
3,98m/13' according to measuring (trigonometry) camera app, tallest is Ethiopian on the right.

picture.php

No preflowers yet... :shucks:

Oddvar: Bienvenido! :tiphat: You (as neither do I with mine) cannot know. Usually if no stress, Male / Female ratio tends to be fairly balanced if maybe 40M/60F. Early life cold tend to cause more fems, while heat reverses the trend towards males I've been told.

Start 11/13 15 days from seed popping is ACE's advice for Indoors with restricted spaces.

Oddvar

3,98m/13' according to measuring (trigonometry) camera app, tallest is Ethiopian on the right.

View Image

No preflowers yet... :shucks:

Oddvar: Bienvenido! :tiphat: You (as neither do I with mine) cannot know. Usually if no stress, Male / Female ratio tends to be fairly balanced if maybe 40M/60F. Early life cold tend to cause more fems, while heat reverses the trend towards males I've been told.

Start 11/13 15 days from seed popping is ACE's advice for Indoors with restricted spaces.

Thank you Repuk for they information! I will grow in pots, not in mother earth, and i want small plants.

My original plan was bring 2 month of grow, 1 month to start flowering with 12/12 and then 3 months or more of flowering... Monsters there! Jaja thank you.
I will take your words.

Dubi, if you read this and have some commentary i will appreciat it. Thank you!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Sexing

Sexing

Having trouble to sex them, impossible to the naked eye... so just took some macros:

Ethiopian Tall
picture.php

No apparent female preflowers. Have the hunch it's a male...

Ethiopian Stout
picture.php

I think we have a girl! Look at the burnt pistol at stem left, looks like a female preflower on the right, with two white hairs?

100% macro crops, windy site... sorry for the blur.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ethiopian Tall is definitely a 4,5m tall male:

picture.php

Ethiopian Stout definitely a Female, short of 4m, has been already repotted to a 190L pot with more peat based soil + bat guano:
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello everybody! Greetings from Argentina! Excuse my english... This is my first message in the forum but o been reading for a long time ago. Is awesome.

I got 5 seeds of ethiopian and i got some question...
Maybe someone can help me: How much it takes to start flowering since 12/12 photoperiod? And approximately how many phenotypes and females i will found in 5 plants?

Thanks!

Hi Oddvar,

Glad you got some of our pure ethiopian seeds, thanks for your support! :)

The start of the flowering also depends on the plant's sexual maturity. Typically, small tropical sativas grown from seed and forced to flower too early tend to show slower their sex with a delayed start of flowering, while sexually matured tropical sativas or clones flower much faster.

Tropical sativas produce a very high female ratio (usually 70% or more), of course when they are grown in proper conditions and they are not stressed at the moment of reaching sexual maturity. Good luck!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi repuk,

Glad you finally have at least one Honduras and Ethiopian female!
Really happy for you. :)

Do you plan to transplant the female ? She would become a monster! ;)
Best wishes for the flowering.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
:thank you: dubi!

She was repotted the day I sexed her :biggrin: all repotted to 200L/52gal+ smartpots, She has greened up a lot since!

Ethiopian on the right, I'd say around 3,5m:

picture.php

Oddvar

Hi Oddvar,

Glad you got some of our pure ethiopian seeds, thanks for your support! :)

The start of the flowering also depends on the plant's sexual maturity. Typically, small tropical sativas grown from seed and forced to flower too early tend to show slower their sex with a delayed start of flowering, while sexually matured tropical sativas or clones flower much faster.

Tropical sativas produce a very high female ratio (usually 70% or more), of course when they are grown in proper conditions and they are not stressed at the moment of reaching sexual maturity. Good luck!

Ok dubi! Thanks so much!

Can you recomend me a strategy to grow small plants? 1.5 mts maximum it's possible?

I will grow in pots outdoor and i will do a manual flowering because in this place not going to mature, here the autumn is cold.

Thank you very much!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Backlight Early Flower

Backlight Early Flower

picture.php

The fototropism in this plant is really notable, 70% of the branching is at one side (better irradiation)

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Ethiopian Early Flower

Ethiopian Early Flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I see she reached the bottom soil with bat guano, little clawing.

Oddvar

Thank you Repuk! Amazing plants! I'M so excited... If i can i will grow tomorrow or in this week a few ethiopian! I salute you!: tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts