What's new

Erdpurt Crosses in the North

gorilla ganja

The 3 Sisters are doing fine despite a few light frosts already.
:woohoo:
They are mold free and look healthy overall. They can handle the cold nights and cool days so far and I will probably leave them till they freeze or are covered by snow.

picture.php

The PCK X Erdpurt is doing great.
I am really impressed with the beautiful colors. This was the smallest of the 3 sisters to begin with and if you remember the story of how the sisters began they were the worst out of a batch of seed starts due to soil problems or fungus gnats. I'm sure I can get plants twice this size next season with a little work and care.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The rest of the ladies tomorrow. Late night here and I need to get to bed.

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

wow , love the colors man.
good to see the sisters going strong ;)
my interest in these varieties is growing. I'd love to cross erdpurt with my shiskaberry, I think the combo would just kill it in our climate man. Our plants look to be at a similar stage in development, I figure I got 2 to 3 weeks on the shiskaberries in the greenhouse for a fully ripe harvest.
is there a place to get erdpurt for breeding stock? Was also thinking of trying to get my mitts on the freisland/freezeland cut.
Gotta start thinking about next year :D

orfeas

Veteran
What a lovely patch to go strolling amongst them birches and colours and all... :biggrin:

:tiphat:Orfeas

hugo23

lovely plants and nice colors gorilla ganja. You are doin a great job.
Why they are so small? any special treatment?
I'm asking because my erdpurt crosses always were higher than 1,5m (4,9ft).

gorilla ganja

wow , love the colors man.
good to see the sisters going strong ;)
my interest in these varieties is growing. I'd love to cross erdpurt with my shiskaberry, I think the combo would just kill it in our climate man. Our plants look to be at a similar stage in development, I figure I got 2 to 3 weeks on the shiskaberries in the greenhouse for a fully ripe harvest.
is there a place to get erdpurt for breeding stock? Was also thinking of trying to get my mitts on the freisland/freezeland cut.
Gotta start thinking about next year :D

Thanks TT,
Erdpurt was made in the far North and would make great breeding stock for us. It's a hardy plant. As you can see from hugo23s hybrids ( he's at 49 lat If I remember) and Aces hybrids it adds color and early flowering to crosses. That's why I'm attracted to it.

Of course Ace is the place to get it. Go direct to the Ace site, some of the best service in the business. They have Erdpurt and these tester hybrids will be up soon as well I believe.

Great minds think along the same lines. I was thinking of a shiskaberry cross.And lol, already have some freisland/freezeland BX seeds waiting for next year.

Peace GG

gorilla ganja

What a lovely patch to go strolling amongst them birches and colours and all... :biggrin:

:tiphat:Orfeas

Thanks Orfeas, It really is beautiful here in the fall. Too bad it signals the coming of winter.

lovely plants and nice colors gorilla ganja. You are doin a great job.
Why they are so small? any special treatment?
I'm asking because my erdpurt crosses always were higher than 1,5m (4,9ft).

Thanks hugo23. -As far as lovely plants. It's really all genetics as I am rather rough on my testers. Thanks to Ace for picking some special plants.
They are a bit small. Look back at my thread to see the "special treatment" they received. They were the runts of my first seed run to start. They were trained down and transplanted on their side to control height and stress test them to see how they react.
It's hard to tell from these pics but they do average about 4ft / 1.2m
in real height, but are trained to be lower.

As I said above I think it would be easy to double the size of these plants next season with some proper care. Just look at dubi's pics to see what they should look like. Check in next year for some 8 ft/ 2.4m plants.

Peace GG

gorilla ganja

Time for some Black Domina x ErdPurt pictures.
She is bulking up nicely. It's a shame a main branch was broken off at transplant.
I wish I was good with describing smells, all I can say is it smells wonderful. It's surprising to me but all the hybrids seem pretty close as far as flowering time. I will have to wait to the end to decide as to finishing times.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I will update with Bubba Kush X Erdprt pics later today if I get a chance. Such a pain uploading pics on this site.
Any guesses how much time these need to ripen up dubi?

Cheers GG

Tynehead Tom

Time for some Black Domina x ErdPurt pictures.
She is bulking up nicely. It's a shame a main branch was broken off at transplant.
I wish I was good with describing smells, all I can say is it smells wonderful. It's surprising to me but all the hybrids seem pretty close as far as flowering time. I will have to wait to the end to decide as to finishing times.

View Image

View Image

View Image

I will update with Bubba Kush X Erdprt pics later today if I get a chance. Such a pain uploading pics on this site.
Any guesses how much time these need to ripen up dubi?

Cheers GG

your plants buds look about the same development as mine and I'm targettting Oct 11 and Oct 18 for harvest window.

gorilla ganja

Nice dude!! Had the first snow this morning.... haven't been to check may be ugly for me!! Good luck on the weather bro!!

Hey rocky,
Snow already that sucks. They had a freak early snow storm a couple hrs south of here 1ft/ 30cm of snow. Glad it missed me. These hybrids would be about done down south where you are even with the altitude.

your plants buds look about the same development as mine and I'm targettting Oct 11 and Oct 18 for harvest window.

I was thinking of 2-3 weeks more. Waiting patiently for both you guys to update the outdoor stuff.

Cheers GG

gorilla ganja

Some Bubba Kush X Erdpurt pics.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a beautiful Pink Thistle flower that was in full bloom in End of July.
I'm thinking of splicing some of these genes into some MJ.:smokeit:

picture.php

Cheers GG

gorilla ganja

Hard to say Azure. First time growing these. I am thinking 2-3 weeks.
I think it is slightly behind the other 2.
I may not be able to give them the time they need. It is supposed to rain for 3 days straight this weekend with near 0 C- 32 F temps.

Peace GG

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Nice to see some EP crosses! I harvested my pure EP a couple of days ago. They are the Zenseeds version from 2011. It is by far the most special plant in look and smell every time :)

picture.php

Hope you dont mind that picture :)

gorilla ganja

Hi Fibber_Magees
Nice looking Erdpurt. When do you plan on taken her down?
All Erdpurt pics as well as crosses are welcome here.:biggrin:

What latitude are you at?

Cheers GG

Fibber_Magees

Veteran
Hey gorilla,

I already took her down. I grow on 50N. She always starts flowering at August 15 and needs about 6,5 weeks to ripen. First time I have that green or silver phenotype. This one is pretty strong...in comparison to the purpleish phenos. Love the appearance of the buds

picture.php

:yummy:

gorilla ganja

I thought I would start with a picture to show what it can look like around here in the middle of October. This is why I need end of September finishers. With the long daylight hours we have in the late summer and cool fall weather strain selection is very important.

October 15, 2016

picture.php

This is to top off one of the worst years for rain that I can remember.

I ended up harvesting the 3 sisters on October 7th. They were exposed to several light frosts. And during their last week they had one full day of rain, a night low of -5 /-8 C 23/17 F and then on the 7th a early snow storm.

Harvest Day
picture.php

Despite the really rough week. I believe they were alive and if not for really low temps to follow the snow I would have left them longer. The weather can be crazy here, later this week it is going to be 14 C -57 F and most of the snow seen above will melt away.

There was no mold on the 3 sisters at all. I am happy with the results. The plants are hardy and can hold up well to insects and adverse conditions.

Although they all started to flower at about the same time. I think the Bubba Kush X Erdpurt needed another 10 days or so.
The Black Domina X Erdpurt had the hardest buds.
I liked the fruity sweet smell of the PCK X Erdpurt the best. The buds where a little looser which is not a bad thing.
They all had a nice smell and were sticky and covered with frost. (the good kind) :biggrin: This is my thoughts with the 3 sisters.

I wish I had better luck with the swamp grow so I could compare more plants. The swamp plants were all taken down early due to flooding and slug damage. Not pretty, but all will be made into canna butter for my medicine cookies.:) So not a complete waste.

All in all I am very happy with the results.
Thanks to Dubi and Ace for letting me test these. Looking forward to growing more next season.

picture.php

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts