What's new

Erdpurt Crosses in the North

gorilla ganja

So after I visited the swamp and saw the destruction. I headed into the bush to a different spot. A small auto patch that I had going was ready to harvest so the trip was not going to be a complete waste.

After the triple punch from mother nature. She decides to finish with a knee to the groin. She can be so beautiful, but also a real bitch sometimes.

The same storm that raised the water levels so much must have had strong winds as well. It blew a tree over onto my patch. I don't think if you gave me a chain saw I could have dropped the tree as perfectly as she did.

The best way to see it is with a before and after shot.

July 25

picture.php

Sept 5

picture.php

You can maybe make out a survivor or two if you look hard.

I just sat and laughed my ass off in the forest by myself, what else could I do?

Good times.

Cheers GG

Last edited:

rockymountainJ

Damn GG!! That sucks!! Hope you can salvage a bit. Looks like higher ground may be a better option next year. Mother nature is a bytch..... keep the odds in your favor brother!!

gorilla ganja

BTW: I don't think this flooded Swamp Growing thing is good.

Too much humidity will cause mold also.

Move them to high ground or make a platform above the water next time.

Damn GG!! That sucks!! Hope you can salvage a bit. Looks like higher ground may be a better option next year. Mother nature is a bytch..... keep the odds in your favor brother!!

Yes I know, last year was a drought so i thought I would try something different. First time tying the swamp. I have seen huge monsters grown in swamps before.

I absolutely underestimated the beaver dam and water fluctuation.

Probably abandon this spot. But will definitely try the swamps again, they have some great qualities if the water level does not rise to much.

also higher ground is no safe bet either, see above pics.:biggrin:

Maybe a nice safe closest grow.

Peace GG

corky1968

Veteran
Sorry about all the bad luck this year. Guerilla growing can be fun or frustrating.

I think everybody goes thru a few bad crops before they
figure out what to do and what not to do in their area.

This is a perfect time to scout for a new location or two.

Try next time to find a location at least 5 feet above the water table. Don't hesitate to
take a saw whether hand or chain to actually make a small clearing. Even cutting a dozen
trees over time can really open an area and give you a lot more light. Dead trees have to
go as they could fall later. You don't need to cut all the trees at one time. Cut a few at a
time and pill them like a brush pile away under a big tree so it looks all natural.

I use a small bow saw (12") to customize my areas. I have a bigger one but I prefer the
smaller one as it does the job and is easier to carry around. They are quiet and handy
to have when guerilla growing. Kind of looks like this.
311BawVfyhL._QL70_.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi gorilla ganja,

I'm sorry to hear that the animals ate some of your plants, hope they are clement with the rest. Maybe you can spray them with neem to repel them, i'm sure after a good spray the plants won't be so atractive to them.

Guerrilla farming could be a pain in the ass, but some of the tastiest plants i ever had were grown organically in guerrilla style.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here are a few Bubba Kush/HashPlant x ErdPurt close to harvest.
The harvest date is expected in 10 days (mid September). The ErdPurt influence did speed up the flowering, finishing outdoors 2-3 weeks earlier than straight Bubba Kush or BubbaKush/HashPlant.

Attachments

• BKHPEP 7th September2.jpg
    BKHPEP 7th September2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 34
  • BKHPEP 7th September.jpg
    BKHPEP 7th September.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 33
  • BKHPEP 7th September3.jpg
    BKHPEP 7th September3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 35

Tynehead Tom

Maybe a nice safe closest grow.

Peace GG

bruther..... you need an ice hut grow tent hahaha the sales will start soon blowing out last years models :D

and don't feel bad, I gather from your posts and stuff that we are probably quite close to each other geographically. As you know, my outdoor plants I put on in june, 58 of them , got wiped right out before a month had passed.
Now even the greenhouse is no guarantee in our climate as I've already killed the black tuna trees for moldy stems and battling climate control to squeeze out the last 4 or 5 weeks I'm gonna need to "just" finish the rest of the plants. Fully realizing the whole escapade could be all for naught if mother nature doesn't throw us a much needed stretch of good weather. Ridiculously shitty is how I would describe this season for us and swamp, high ground, damn, the "perfect" outdoor plot planted by the best grower here would still be smashed flat planted unprotected in the forests in our region. Anything that survives this summer , planted unprotected will be a miracle LOL

gorilla ganja

Hi dubi,

Your plants look wonderful. It's nice to see what these hybrids look like with proper care and attention.

You said the Erdpurt influence sped up the flowering of the Hybrids by 2-3 weeks. How is the flowering time compared to the pure Erdpurt ? Do the hybrids take longer than the Straight Erdpurt ?

Which hybrid do you think will be the earliest for you ?

Hey Tynehead Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. It has been a tough year. More rain this season than I have seen in many years.

Ya I'm in the province next door to you. Not up in the mountains though like you.
Close to but not in them. First frost warning tonight. Then supposed to warm up for a week at least. I just hope the rain stops for the next month or so.

update on the 3 sisters tomorrow if I get a chance to upload the pics.

Peace GG

gorilla ganja

Update on the 3 sisters.
They are all flowering quickly now, and filling in nicely. Sorry for the bad pics it was raining yet again, and my camera does not take close ups very well. Despite the bad weather no mold whatsoever. To give you an idea on the amount of rain we have been getting. When I was harvesting some autos for seed I found a couple that were actually sprouting in the bud. Never seen that before.

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

BK X Erdpurt

picture.php

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

picture.php

and a group shot

picture.php

Going to be away for a couple weeks. So no updates till I'm back.Hopefully a couple weeks of sun so they can get some nice growth.

Anyone else growing these strains please post some picture for comparison.

Peace GG

orfeas

Veteran
First of all I sympathise with your unequal struggle with Mother...one can't anticipate everything...of course, knowing every aspect of your growing environment is the way... :)

Now, this BKHPxEP is almost three months old at about 120 cm has almost stalled its flowering mode...trichs are turning cloudy...looks as if she'll take the whole of September, if not longer :chin:

One thing I don't really fancy is the sparse buds on the side branches, which will result in mediocre yield...

:tiphat: Orfeas

Attachments

• P1090333.JPG
    P1090333.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 28
  • P1090335.JPG
    P1090335.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 37

gorilla ganja

Thanks for posting orfeas. Your plant looks nice and healthy.
Maybe try some training next time to bring out the side branches more.
What latitude are you at ? and when did they start to flower for you?
Did you grow the BKHP ? If so how would you compare to BKHP/EP?

Thanks again for posting here and please post a pic before you harvest.

Peace GG

The English Cut

A few rubbish photos of the three BK x EP and two BKHP x EP. I ended up chopping these back on 3rd sep, they were pretty much done, had a bit of botrytis on a couple of them, the green phenos of both hybrids seem to be more resistant and productive although one of the green BK x EP had some terrible PM issues at one point. It's been a really difficult year as far as mould in general goes, so this is not really surprising. Most impressive of all was one of the BKHP x EP which sailed through with zero fungal issues, heaps of resin and a lovely aroma.

The BKHP were marginally more frosty, BK x EP a bit larger and a touch more productive. The smells were varied, the BKHP x EP more unusual and interesting, touches of spiciness, while the BK x EP ranged from really earthy afghani type smell in one, to a more fruity sharp stink from another.

I could have yielded way more from these if i'd been prepared for the early flowering. Next year I'll super-veg them to get them nice and big before they start to bloom. These are really good hybrids in my opinion, superb for an early harvest. I'd like to see what they can do indoors.

apologies but I'm not sure which plant is which in the photo.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The English Cut

This is the really resistant BKHP x EP just before the chop
picture.php

These are of the same plant from earlier on. All my photos are in a bit of a jumble :/

picture.php
picture.php

A pic of the PCK x EP. Chopped on 9th Sep. This is earlier by some time. I ended up with only one of these after culling a couple which had mutated leaves. Next time I won't do that though, I'll see if it grows out of it, just didn't have space this year.

I'm really very impressed with this plant and out of all the Erdpurt crosses it's the only one I've kept a clone of. Beautiful colours, great structure, amazing smells, very resinous and most important for me, very, very resistant. To have really dense buds and not go mouldy is really something. It had 2 spots of botrytis where some caterpillars got busy cos I slacked off on the BT treatment. It's still drying, so I can't say much about flavour or effect but so far I love this plant.
picture.php

I have some more photos just before the chop but they'll have to wait. I'm not posting on here much at the moment because I'm really busy at work (got to eat, right?) and all my spare time has to be divided between the kids first and then the plants.

Plus I find it such a hassle to upload pictures on here, it just takes forever, between slow upload time and then my photos appear the wrong way round so then I have to rotate them in another program and re-upload them. It sometimes feels like the 90s in here as far as user-friendliness goes lol. I guess I'll have to catch up with my updates post-harvest! Peace y'all TEC

Last edited:

The English Cut

First taste of that nice BKHP x EP after only a week's cure. Great taste, still needs more cure but strong effect considering, not heavy body stone at all - quite soothing but active. Hard buds. Very smooth smoke and nice white ash despite no flush and short cure.
Great stuff dubi :tiphat:

picture.php

custom lighter made by a friend :biggrin:
spoon pipe also made by a friend!:biggrin:
Peace, TEC,

hugo23

nice crosses and beautiful plants. reminds me on my c99 x erdpurt line.
Erdpurts brings purple to everything it touch.

hugo23

Erdpurt crosses

Erdpurt crosses

(Roadkill Skunk x Deep Chunk) x Erdpurt 2011
picture.php

Hindu Kush x Erdpurt 2015
picture.php

C99 x Erdpurt F2 2015
picture.php

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks for posting orfeas. Your plant looks nice and healthy.
Maybe try some training next time to bring out the side branches more.
What latitude are you at ? and when did they start to flower for you?
Did you grow the BKHP ? If so how would you compare to BKHP/EP?

Thanks again for posting here and please post a pic before you harvest.

Peace GG

40N Aegean Coast, my friend!

Never grown any Kush before, not my cup of tea :)
This plant sprouted 23rd June and started flowering about 6-7 weeks later...I had hopes of seeing her finish before the end of September but with them trichomes still being crystal clear I see my hopes fading away... :)
Yet, the turn of the weather might speed up things a bit...

:tiphat:Orfeas

gorilla ganja

The English Cut- Beautiful pictures. That's some sticky looking bud.
Thanks for posting. I hear you about the PCK X Erdpurt it is one super nice looking plant.
I also culled a few mutants and regret it. The one PCK X Erdpurt sister stumps me really. The main top grows with the twisted irregular leaves. But all the other branches grow normal and vigorous. So you would not think it is genetic. Anybody have a guess as to what might cause this or has seen this growth before in other strains?
I wonder if I should have just topped it, so no wasted energy to the effected top?

hugo23 - Thanks for posting some of your hybrids as well. Watching some of your previous grows is what got me interested in Erdpurt hybrids to begin with. Some great looking plants.

orfeas- Thank you for the info :biggrin:

Cheers GG

gorilla ganja

Well yesterday was the autumn equinox and officially marks the beginning of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere and spring in the Southern Hemisphere. It is one of two days during the year that we all share approx 12/12 hr of light and darkness.

Being in the far North it is of great importance to find strains that will work in our short season with short nights. I like to discuss different strains and when they flower. Here is my attempt to figure out the Erdpurt hybrids.

This is just my approx. guess as to the flowering of these hybrids. Some phenos may be faster or slower and this is not a exact science.
If anyone has thoughts or sees holes in my logic please post so we can discuss further.

I can only go on what others have said on this thread.
First as we all know it is the length of darkness that triggers flowering. But for ease of discussion I will talk about the daylight hrs and will not include twilight to keep it simple.

The summer solstice is the longest day of the yr. and on June 21 the daylight was as follows for the following people.

dubi at 39 latitude -14.7 hrs
Orfeas at 40 latitude -14.8
Tec at 43 latitude - 15.2
me at 53 latitude - 16.7

As far as I can see the Erdpurt hybrids will start to flower at approx. 15 hrs of daylight. So I expect that as they reach sexual maturity they will start to flower at 45 latitude or less.At about 6-7 weeks of age as Orfeas has said. This would explain also the ones that started flowering early for Tec. For me, I reach 15 hrs of daylight on August 7. And this seems to fit as they started to show signs of flowering at about mid August.

So it would seem that it takes 16 hr or more of light to keep them in veg.

The English Cut- Your plan to super veg them to size seems like a good one. Looking forward to some monsters next yr.

So just my stoned thoughts on the matter. Would love to hear others opinions.

Peace GG

Latest posts

Latest posts