What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Erdpurt Crosses in the North

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by dubi.
Can you tell me if these crosses share the same Erdpurt males as fathers or were different males used for the different hybrids?

Some great looking plants there dubi.
Is the Bubba Kush x ErdPurt the first of the hybrids to start flowering for you?What size pots are you using?

Peace GG

Hi gorilla ganja,

The new ErdPurt crosses have been produced only in feminized format, so there are no males involved in the reproduction, the best green ErdPurt mother and the best purple ErdPurt mother were reversed to produce the seeds.

All the ErdPurt hybrids posted in the post #35 started to flower in the second half of July around 39ºN. The pots are as big as possible, although this kind of early flowering hashplants doesn't need excessively big pots due their short growing stage.

Did yours start the flowering at your latitude ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi The English Cut,

Yes, you can expect mainly earthy, pine, hashy aromas in the ErdPurt crosses (classic pure afghani aromas), Bubba usually brings coffee aromas too, slightly floral. PCK mother adds forest fruit chewing gum aromas to the hybrids.

I saw in other place how yours are already advanced into flowering at this time of the season, and showing nice colors and good resins :) Can't wait for your upcoming updates.

Best wishes!

gorilla ganja

Hi gorilla ganja,

The new ErdPurt crosses have been produced only in feminized format, so there are no males involved in the reproduction, the best green ErdPurt mother and the best purple ErdPurt mother were reversed to produce the seeds.
Did yours start the flowering at your latitude ?

Hello dubi,

Thanks for the info.

3 sisters update

I'm pleased to report the Erdpurt hybrids have all started to flower here at 53 latitude. Hard to say how long they have been in flower.
I'm guessing about 2 weeks. If they are approximately 8 weeks strains that will take them till mid October. With a warm fall I may be able to see them till finish.

Sorry about the bad pics. It is really hard to get an idea on their size from these pics. Because my buddy tied them down and the way we transplanted them on their sides most of the plants that where 4 ft- 1.2 m are now less than a 18 inches- 46 cm off the ground.
They are spread wide and low and if it ever stops raining will get nice sunlight to the whole plant.

BD X Erdpurt seems to be the furthest along. One of the main branches got broken off.

picture.php

picture.php

BK X Erdpurt
pics from at couple angles

picture.php

picture.php

PCK X Erdpurt
The twisted leaves continue but only on what was the main stem. The rest looks great and doesn't seem to have affected growth much.

picture.php

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

This pic probably shows the size the best. Although less than a 18 inches- 46 cm off the ground it is about 4.5 ft x 4.5 ft- 1.4 m x 1.4m

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

And a group shot. Notice how the PCK X Erdpurt at the end shown in the last pic almost disappears behind the others from this angle.

picture.php

Peace GG

G

You did a fine job training those ladies,GG!Big plants,yet very discreet.Hope the weather does you a favour!

gorilla ganja

Thanks Syd,
But it was mostly my friend at this stage. We tied them down in the beginning to stimulate some side growth. But the transplant and further tie down at this stage was mostly to hide them. I convinced him to unleash them because they are so close to the ground. I was worried about mold. Everything looks nice and healthy though.

The new shape will differently help in a few weeks as all the native vegetation dies off and the leaves fall from the trees. Them being so low, they will stick out a lot less than 4.5 ft- 1.4 m green plant in an otherwise brown forest.

Thx for stopping by.

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

wow finally found this thread hehehe
sorry man , gonna read thru and get caught up ;)

I was trying to get here via the link in your sigline but it's not workin, I get a page can't be displayed windows message.

I just a hair south of you and none of my guerilla plants made it this year, too many sever weather events at the critical time. Glad to see you managed to get your to survive !!

subb'd in for the show

gorilla ganja

wow finally found this thread hehehe
sorry man , gonna read thru and get caught up ;)

I was trying to get here via the link in your sigline but it's not workin, I get a page can't be displayed windows message.

I just a hair south of you and none of my guerilla plants made it this year, too many sever weather events at the critical time. Glad to see you managed to get your to survive !!

subb'd in for the show

Glad you found it TT.

Thanks for the heads up about the signature, Think I fixed it now.

I hear you about the weather. I lost a lot of these hybrids in the beginning due to drowning. It's a shame because I'm sure they would be a lot bigger than the 3 sisters.
The late planted swamp grow was growing very fast last time I looked. Hopefully I can update the swamp in the next few days.

Peace GG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi gorilla ganja,

I'm glad to hear yours are already flowering too, hopefully in time to finish properly at your latitude. Maybe if they were planted earlier they would also start to flower a bit earlier, it's a pitty you lost the first batch to compare.

I like the training but be careful the branches don't touch the soil after rains or the flowers can easily get mold.

Best wishes for the upcoming weeks of flowering! :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bubba Kush x ErdPurt quite advanced into flowering in late August.

Attachments

• BK x ErdPurt end of August.jpg
    BK x ErdPurt end of August.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 43

gorilla ganja

Bubba Kush x ErdPurt quite advanced into flowering in late August.

Hi dubi,

Looking very nice. How much longer do you think your Bubba Kush x ErdPurt needs before it is done. Please post some pics of the other hybrids so I can compare flowering times.
Are they all about the same stage for you? Are you seeing some nice colors in some of the hybrids?

And don't worry The 3 sisters have been released and are off the ground.
But I am testing for mold resistance, stress tolerance as well as finishing times. So far they are holding up just fine.
They have gotten no sprays of any kind and have very little insect damage. And between the frequent rains and the swamp it should be a good test for mold resistance.

I seen the 3 sisters the other day, no pics due to rain.

Happy to say they are in full on flower mode now. :biggrin:
In the last pics the PCK X Erdpurt was probably the furthest behind in flowering. In less than a week it has caught up and looks the be ahead now. It is also starting to get some purple colors already in the flowers. I'm thinking there is going to be some very nice looking plants in the PCK X Erdpurt line.

The English Cut- How's everything going? Did the sativas eat up the Erdpurt girls ? Lets see some pics please.

Peace GG

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

damn the weather here sucks eh GG?
You must be getting the same shitty weather as me I'm thinkin.
+5 at 7 a.m. this morning and snowed in the whistler mountains...... winter is coming early this year and I've even heard the cow moose calling for bulls already, 3 weeks early for my neck of the woods.
got 2x 1000watt heaters going in my greenhouse with 5 to 7 weeks to go LOL

gorilla ganja

Nice Gg!! They're moving right along!! Stack them bishes!!!

Thanks rocky, wish I could have kept them in the greenhouse.

damn the weather here sucks eh GG?
You must be getting the same shitty weather as me I'm thinkin.
+5 at 7 a.m. this morning and snowed in the whistler mountains...... winter is coming early this year and I've even heard the cow moose calling for bulls already, 3 weeks early for my neck of the woods.
got 2x 1000watt heaters going in my greenhouse with 5 to 7 weeks to go LOL

You bet TT, down to 5 C - 41 F on Monday. But then it's supposed to warm up for couple weeks after. If the weather man is right.:)
They said on the news that we never got to 30 C - 86 F all summer here.
Going to test the girls with the cold for sure.

All I ask for is a nice warm fall. Couple years ago I was putting sod down still in October, so it is possible.

That"s why we need a hardy plant for us northern growers TT. The cold night temps during the critical last few weeks really slows most strains down.

Only time will tell..

Best of luck to everyone this fall

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

The only plants in my greenhouse that seem to be developing with vigor despite the weather are the shiskaberries. They are sure hardy plants, albeit they are in a greenhouse and not exposed like your plants. Will be good to compare notes at years end for sure ;)

corky1968

Veteran
Of these 3 the BD X ERD has the best structure with lots of side branches growing strong.

The BD X Erdpurt of the 3 sisters is definitely my favorite. Nice smell like you say and the branching is insane. She responses well to training.

BD X Erdpurt seems to be the furthest along.

So my guess from earlier in this thread on post #6 seems to be correct that this cross would do the best. :)

I hope she ripens on time.

gorilla ganja

Hey Purple Jungle, Welcome to the show.

corky1968- Between the 3 sisters in the early stages the BD X Edrpurt was my favorite. But between just 3 plants it's not the best comparison. Having grown out more now to later stages it's a tough call. Really loving the Bubba Kush hybrids as well. Really all the hybrids are producing some great plants.

Swamp update time, and it's not a pretty story. But I tell it like it is.

Viewer discretion is advised.

All the plants were doing really well and flowering had begun. But it looks like mother nature has dealt a triple punch.

A huge storm went through and wrecked havoc. The water rose to extreme levels and most pots had flooded more than half way up the sides. I tried to drag some to higher ground but I'm not sure if it will help. Also slugs have had their way and destroyed about half the plants.

Bubba KushK X Erdpurt- was doing awesome and has the big bubba leaves. Some of which are the size of a dinner plate.

picture.php

Unfortunately slugs have girdled the lower stem and they won't live much longer. Look at bottom of these.

picture.php

Close up

picture.php

Really too bad these hybrids were looking nice and healthy and were about 2 weeks or so into flower.

picture.php

And corky1968 it would seem the Black Domina x ErdPurt are going to be the best tasting. At least that's what a moose thought.
I have had animals eat my plants before but rarely do they eat the whole thing at this stage. Usually they nibble a branch or eat the tops off and move on.

Whats left of some BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

gorilla ganja

You can see the high water in this picture. Just like dialing in a indoor room, I think if I cut an overflow into the abandon beaver dam I can avoid this problem when extreme storms come in future years. Or find a bigger flatter swamp with out the beaver dam.

Two of the PCK X Erdpurt changed stem color since last time I seem them. A nice reddish/purple color like was seen in The english cuts pictures.Not sure what brought on the sudden color change temps or stress.

Pakistan Chitral Kush X Erdpurt

picture.php

picture.php

Bubba Kush/HashPlant x ErdPurt
You can see at the top right of this pic a BD X Erdpurt pot that was on its side and the plants are not going to make it.

picture.php

picture.php

Ahh the life of the Guerrilla farmer. It's not all fun and games.
So all and all a really bad day. Oh but the fun continues in the next post.

corky1968

Veteran
That looks more like a beaver or muskrat who did that. :moon:

At least, the animal had good taste and just told you the other plants are not as luscious.

BTW: I don't think this flooded swamp growing thing is good.

Too much humidity will cause mold also.

Move them to high ground or make a platform above the water next time.