What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Erdpurt Crosses in the North

gorilla ganja

Again the PCK X Erdpurt had some troubles 3 of the 6 were mutants.

picture.php

Hopefully I can keep this batch alive long enough to see which ones will finish.
They were put into 15 gallon/ 56 litre fabric pots filled with coco and native soil mix with time release fertilizer and about 4 cups dolomite lime in a swamp. This is my first time using this method so wish me luck.

Some flower pics from the area.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

The English Cut

Good to see you haven't given up on the PCK x Erdpurt gorilla ganja, I hope they're doing well for you out in the swamp.

Here are a couple of pics of mine from today, she's grown out of any deformations in the leaves and looking pretty healthy now. Stem smells really strong but very earthy Afghan rather than fruity Pakistani smell. Super dark stem and branches as you can see.

Last edited:

The English Cut

I've got a couple of Bubba Kush x Erdpurt in the same spot and they're looking and smelling really nice too.

However in another spot, one of the (Bubba Kush x Hash Plant) x Erdpurt and one of the Bubba Kush x Erdpurt have started to flower. It's a slightly drier spot but it's been pretty wet weather recently so I can't really see drought-stress as a cause. Everything was moved outside at the same time, over 2 months ago so I don't think photoperiod should be an issue either. A bit of a mystery to be honest...

on the left, (BKxHP)xEP, right BKxEP

These plants are both pretty small and won't yield much so I'll probably pull them up and replace them with something else unless they show signs of re-veg in the next 2 weeks. Very glad indeed the others are doing well. Peace, TEC.

The English Cut

Here's one I haven't shown yet. I'm really liking this Black Domina x Erdpurt, I only germinated one of these due to space issues, it went into soil 10th May and then mid-June transplanted to this 45l no-till pot (This will be the 3rd crop from it, last year I harvested an early auto crop from it, after that it had the Malawi x PCK in it, all the same soil, undisturbed, just harvesting by chopping the plants at the base and top-dressing manure/worm compost between each crop)

She seems really very happy and healthy here, this last week she seems to have started to stretch a little, I wonder if it's a sudden growth spurt or if she's about to go into flower. I'm guessing it's just that she'd settled in properly because I'm not seeing any pre-flowers yet. Really looking forward to see what this one can do, smells bloody lovely.
Big thanks to dubi :thank you:. Peace, TEC.

gorilla ganja

Thank you for posting pics and info Tec.
Did the PCK X Erdpurt always have the dark stem or grow into it. None of mine seem to have that.
Hopefully I get some early flowering ones like yours. Interesting if it may be environmental or pheno related.

The BD X Erdpurt of the 3 sisters is definitely my favorite. Nice smell like you say and the branching is insane. She responses well to training.

Looking forward to see the new batch grow up as it will be a better test. More numbers and healthy ones. The 3 sisters had a very rough start.

Thanks again for posting here Tec it's nice to see how the plants grow with proper care and attention. I apologize in advance for the stress and less than idea conditions mine will be put through.

Speaking of which, the babies took to the outdoors nicely after their transplant. No stress from being brought from low light to full sun after a week.

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

BK X Erdpurt

picture.php

BK/HP X Erdpurt

picture.php

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

Peace GG

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

3 Sisters update.
Some very nice growth the last couple weeks.
They all seem to like the low stress training. Just some simple tying down of the tops to force side branch growth. The Pck X Erdpurt and BK x Erdpurt had little side growth 2 weeks ago. These pics are after a pruning of some fan leafs and bottom growth.

BK X Erdpurt

picture.php

picture.php

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

picture.php

gorilla ganja

And the PCK X Erdpurt which has pretty much grown out of the weirdness it had. Still a little bit of leaf twisting but growth seems to have picked up.

picture.php

picture.php

Hope everyone is having a great season.

Peace GG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've got a couple of Bubba Kush x Erdpurt in the same spot and they're looking and smelling really nice too.

However in another spot, one of the (Bubba Kush x Hash Plant) x Erdpurt and one of the Bubba Kush x Erdpurt have started to flower. It's a slightly drier spot but it's been pretty wet weather recently so I can't really see drought-stress as a cause. Everything was moved outside at the same time, over 2 months ago so I don't think photoperiod should be an issue either. A bit of a mystery to be honest...

on the left, (BKxHP)xEP, right BKxEP

These plants are both pretty small and won't yield much so I'll probably pull them up and replace them with something else unless they show signs of re-veg in the next 2 weeks. Very glad indeed the others are doing well. Peace, TEC.

Morning The English Cut :)

Beautiful hashplants! Thanks for sharing your progresses of the new ErdPurt fem crosses.

Yes, these new ErdPurt hybrids are designed for being early finishers that can be grown in northern latitudes and finish properly! Strains that start to flower in August will typically finish in October. ErdPurt and ErdPurt dominant hybrids should start to flower earlier (around July or before) so they can finish outdoors in late August/September.

Early flowering traits outdoors means shorter growing time, there's no way to avoid this. But certainly they will grow longer in northern latitudes between 45-50º latitude, where the days around late spring and early summer are much longer than here.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi gorilla ganja,

Thanks for sharing yours too! :)

Usually pure indicas tend to focus their energies in the main cola so they are a bit slow to react to pruning. I'm glad to see yours already producing good branches, looks like they are stretching, probably a sign that they want to start flowering soon.

The English Cut

The sisters are looking very nice gg, definitely more branching than I've achieved on mine through pinching-out, I reckon it was worth the effort of training them. I will try something similar next time.

Morning The English Cut :)

Beautiful hashplants! Thanks for sharing your progresses of the new ErdPurt fem crosses.

Yes, these new ErdPurt hybrids are designed for being early finishers that can be grown in northern latitudes and finish properly! Strains that start to flower in August will typically finish in October. ErdPurt and ErdPurt dominant hybrids should start to flower earlier (around July or before) so they can finish outdoors in late August/September.

Early flowering traits outdoors means shorter growing time, there's no way to avoid this. But certainly they will grow longer in northern latitudes between 45-50º latitude, where the days around late spring and early summer are much longer than here.

Hi dubi, thanks for the kind words. As you can tell, I completely underestimated the earliness that the Erdpurt would bring to these crosses. Having grown PCK, BKHP and some other Bubba Kush variants outdoors before, I thought I knew what I was dealing with! I never expected to see flowering in june though(one of the BKHP x EPs). I think with hindsight I ought to have started them earlier, potted-up more often and got them outdoors into the ground at the earliest opportunity to get maximum vegetative growth. Next time!

At this moment they're all flowering, bar the Black Domina x Erdpurt which was started nearly 2 months later anyway. The two that are furthest on in flower were under threat of removal but now I'm reconciled with the idea of harvesting something very early so instead I decided to 'underplant' them with some new ACE sativa hybrids I started at the same time as the BDxEP (May 10th) so at least after I harvest the Erdpurt crosses, the holes won't be sitting idle. What kind of harvest l'll get from the sativas is anyone's guess but at least I'll have tried!

Bubba Kush x Erdpurt with Malawi x Panama behind

(Bubba Kush x Hashplant) x Erdpurt with Panama x Malawi behind

I also grabbed a quick pic of the PCK x Erdpurt as I was passing, she was looking so nice, surprisingly tall at 1,30m while all the BKxEP & BKHPxEP are standing around 80-90cm.

All are smelling really nice from rubbing the stem, mostly leaning to the afghani side of things, The BKHPxEPs are the most interesting smelling, spicy, earthy, perfume and fruity, while the PCKxEP has touches of vinegar and fruit on top of the earthy afghan smell. Peace, TEC

gorilla ganja

Thanks for stopping by dubi.
Can you tell me if these crosses share the same Erdpurt males as fathers or were different males used for the different hybrids?
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 1 or 2 of these hybrids will finish properly for me. My micro- climate is not the best as I often see people at the same latitude that go several weeks longer than I can usually here.

The English Cut, thanks again for posting your plants and sharing your experiences with them. They are looking great.
You should try the training next time. Tied the tops down and boom branches everywhere. Just did it for 2 weeks. Going to let them grow on there own now and have stopped training.
what latitude are you at? Just curious if that is why some have started flowering so early for you. I am hoping mine start flowering soon.
Good idea with the double plant. You must be south of me to be doing the sativas. I wish I could.

Cheers GG

The English Cut

Hey GG.
I'm at 43ºN but it's a very humid climate here too, fortunately the winters are mild and my grow only gets frost on the very worst winter days. Lots of rain, though the last few years have been fairly kind during autumn with dry weather and south wind which keeps things dry too, often the dew is just as much of a problem as the rain.

The Malawi & Panama crosses are an outside bet for me, I've not grown anything that late-finishing here before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dry autumn! If these do well then next year i'll be trying some zamadelica or golden tiger. Desperate to try them.

Still not sure what triggered the early flowering. Since it was only 2 out of 8 that started blooming early, I guess it must have been genetics combined with the plants becoming a tiny bit rootbound before I transplanted them into a fairly dry spot. A bit too much stress and the plants that are more genetically predisposed to flower early did just that. Just a semi-educated guess! Peace, TEC

The English Cut

first flowers

first flowers

This is a Bubba Kush x Erdpurt (first pic) and a BKHP x Erdpurt flowering away happily. Very sticky and smelly.
picture.php
picture.php

With the BK x EP there are definitely 2 phenotypes - green and purple. The green ones seem to be more vigorous and, for me at least, smell more appetising.

gorilla ganja

Looking great The English Cut.
I wish mine were starting to flower. They should be really root bound, require water twice a day. They are filling in nicely and have some nice smells that I won't try to describe as I don't have much of a nose. I'll leave that to you The English Cut, you do a good job describing the smells.

3 sisters

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

BK X Erpurt

picture.php

The PCK X Erdpurt still is growing weird. I thought it was growing out of it but new growth has misshapen leaves from what was main top. From the picture you can see the bottom branch after training has actually taken over as the dominate main stem.

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
First pic, preparing garden with the new ErdPurt crosses.

Second pic, Bubba Kush x ErdPurt starting to flower with natural outdoors photoperiod in late July.

Attachments

• EP crosses in mid June.jpg
    EP crosses in mid June.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 42
  • BKEP flowering July.jpg
    BKEP flowering July.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 41

gorilla ganja

Some great looking plants there dubi.
Is the Bubba Kush x ErdPurt the first of the hybrids to start flowering for you?
What size pots are you using?

Peace GG

gorilla ganja

Thanks for stopping in rockymountainJ. There should be some nice hybrids here for your altitude and attitude :biggrin:
I wish I had a nice set up like the one you have up on the mountain.
Which by the way is looking great.

I tried to get an update here last week on the swamp grow. As I was working out there an electrical storm rolled in. I'm usually pretty calm with stuff like that, but this one was down right scary.
The lightning and thunder was right above me and I ran out of there as fast as I could. Then a heavy hail started as I was half way out.
The size of a pea with some bigger stones. Hopefully the plants didn't get beat up to much.
It seems we get some sort of frozen water from the sky almost every month here, even in mid summer.

picture.php

The Erdpurt hybrids were looking pretty good. I will try and update soon.

Peace GG

gorilla ganja

3 sisters update

Well the stress continues for the 3 sisters.
Due to my buddies paranoia and a landlords inspection. It was decided to transplant them out of the nice cozy green house.
They were put into some near by woodland. As you can see they were transplanted on there sides to keep the height down. In a couple days they should bend back up but be a lot shorter than they were.

It looks like the BK X Erdpurt and the BD X Erdpurt are starting to flower. Looks like the stretch is over and they are starting to tighten up on the top. Not many actual flowers forming yet so I may be wrong.

The tallest was the BK X Erdpurt at about 4 ft.- 1.2 meters.

picture.php

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

3 Sisters on there sides after transplant into native soil.

picture.php

Peace GG

gorilla ganja

Swamp update time:

The weather has been wet, wet, and wet. The weatherman said we had 3 times the average rain in July. Also since the beginning of June about 65% of the days we have had rain. Which is unusual for us here. It's really kind of funny because the reason I decided to try the swamp was last year we had the driest summer in 50 years.

Anyway the plant's survived the hail storm last time with no damage I could see. They all look healthy despite the fact that some of the fabric pots had water half way up the sides. And I was worried they might dry out with this method, lol, I guess there is still time.
A few plants had animal damage on the bottom branches.

BK X Erdpurt

picture.php

BD X Erdpurt

picture.php

BKHP X Erdpurt

picture.php

picture.php

PCK X Erdpurt

picture.php

Peace GG