What's new

Elemental True OG, Back to the Congo, Flower Bomb Kush

Back To The Congo smoke report

Back To The Congo smoke report

I almost hate to do smoke reports because I'm pretty sensitive to how much it can realistically affect a breeders and resellers bottom line. I also don't want to mislead or misguide fellow growers on a strain because I know how important it is to make the right decision on what you are going to put in your grow space. I admit though, that being a grower, I do have a bias towards growers so I'm going to be more protective of growers. Disclaimer over.
Now I can give you my stone cold lock of a recommendation. The Richard Williams Back to the Congo is the easiest recommendation I'll ever make. This is the same strain that the great ACE Seeds released as a limited edition over a year ago. It's a cross with Tom Hill's famous Deep Chunk.
I would describe it as Down Down Down to the Congo. This is the tall, single cola and for me, a very quick finishing 48 days, Congolese pheno. The sensation, which starts very quickly, are waves of deep healing, pain relieving comfort and stone that goes from the top of your head to the tips of your toes and front to back. It feels like you are getting pulled down to the ground and you feel a deeper connection to the earth.:groupwave: I know that sounds hyperbolic but that's the best way to describe the feeling the Congo gives me. I love it!
I have a shorter Congo in the room that's at day 59 and I'm thinking it's got 10 days to go. I'm hoping this is the Deep Chunk pheno which is supposed to be a killer Indica and if it has a stronger stone than the taller pheno then it must be subterranean.:dance013:

Thanks for that inspiring smoke report Evergreen,
makes me love what I do,
This season out in the swamp has some colorful phenos of the Back to The Congo, if you like I can post some pics,
Cheers, Richard

EvergreenState

Of course Richard. Post as many photos as you would like and if you would give us some tips on how to bring out the best of the Congo and what to look for, I think a lot of folks would appreciate that.

Mr. Miyagi

Beautiful! I want to do some landrace sativas and long flower sat doms one day...need to make a special room just for them.

EvergreenState

Mr. Miyagi I'm really looking forward to trying the Swazi Gold. I have 5 more of those seeds and if the three I have going this run turn out to be a straight up sativa high, then I will be looking to make some seeds the next run if I get a good male.

Last edited:

Mr. Miyagi

Heard that!

I've grown out a couple heavy sat doms... and it'll didn't turn out the way they should have.. but I also wasn't as seasoned as a grower way back, many moons ago. I'd like to give them another try.

EvergreenState

Need a little help - Day 66

Need a little help - Day 66

Had a problem with my Sun Light Supply 1000 watt Harvest Pro Elite ballast. The power cord is not seating into the ballast securely. I can wiggle the cord and the power flicks on and off. I've lost 3 bulbs because of this. I don't know if the problem is the ballast or the cord is not up to spec. and will not seat securely. Anyone who can offer me some advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not going to buy anymore bulbs until I can resolve this and I don't want to buy a replacement cord only to find out it wasn't the problem in the first place. Buying a new cord would be the cheapest way to go and I hope that would solve the problem. That maybe the way I'll go unless someone can offer a solution.
My only alternative was to use my 2 150's and some cfl's to finish up this grow. The majority of the plants look like they will finish within 10 days so I'm not concerned with them. Less light towards the end could be a good thing. I moved the big Swazi's directly under the 150's and once the others are removed, I'll be moving the cfl's directly next to the Swazi's. It's the best I can do until I resolve my ballast problem. I'm not concerned with this current setup and it will all turn out fine but it's definitely not ideal. All you can do when you get lemons is to make lemonade.
Photos of my current setup:

EvergreenState

Bangi Haze x Bubblegum- Day 71

Bangi Haze x Bubblegum- Day 71

A few photos of one Bangi Haze x Bubblegum. I have several of these girls and this one is ready today. All of the others are still flowering along with all of the other strains. I'm hoping that between 11 and 12 weeks all but the Swazi's will be done. The Swazi's, who knows. Looks like they have a month to go; so we are looking at 14 weeks, at least.
The Bangi Haze x Bubblegum are the most consistently uniform with larger buds than almost all of the others and with the lower buds being larger than most. The Elemental True OG is a beautiful plant and I'd say a classic looking plant. It appears that it will finish sometime this week with photos to follow.

packerfan79

Veteran
Where did you get the elemntals I loved that strain. Had it for 3 years, I haven't seen it offered on elemntals website

EvergreenState

Back to the Congo

Back to the Congo

Smoked half of a small joint made out of this little bud of Back to the CONGO bud, while watching the Tennessee vs. Texas A&M football game and quenching my thirst with a Red Hook ESB and Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA. I dried all the buds from this plant in my dehydrator.
I've sampled quite a few strains recently and I've begun to feel kind of bored with the sameness of the effects. Kind of blah. The Congo stands out to me, even compared to some of the strains that I've mentioned in this thread that I enjoy but need time to accurately evaluate. It's a real uplifter and I couldn't recommend it more. It's potent but deep, not frieghtening or paranoid inducing. You feel uplifted, relieved and relaxed. I hope it becomes popular and many people get to experience it.
I got my seeds at Hemp Depot. I don't know Richard Williams and I'm not affiliated with Hemp Depot in anyway. I'm an American and my orders with Hemp Depot have gone smoothly the 3 or 4 times I've dealt with them. I don't know if his seeds are sold elsewhere but I'd recommend you check to see if your favorite seed seller carries them. If not give Hemp Depot a try. I've had good luck with them and the Back to the Congo is good enough to reach outside your comfort zone and give them a try if your dealer doesn't carry them.

G

BTTC is in a league of its own. Welcome to the club.
BTW, hemp de pot has been my main place to order seeds for 16+years, but ACE Seeds is offering them too.

EvergreenState

BTTC is in a league of its own. Welcome to the club.
BTW, hemp de pot has been my main place to order seeds for 16+years, but ACE Seeds is offering them too.
I know ACE had what I thought was a limited run of a collaboration with Richard Williams on those seeds and after going to the Ace site and reading the description of their Congo, I'm not sure it's the same Congo. It could very well be the same or Richard allowed them to work with his and allowed them to create their own. Not sure how all of that went down. If Richard could clarify that would be nice and it would be nice to be able to get them at several places if they are the same.
As far as Hemp Depot is concerned, I checked my records and I bought from them 4 times, had great service and freebies every time. Placed my order and received my seeds in less than a week.:biggrin:

EvergreenState

Strawberry Cough cross.

Strawberry Cough cross.

This is a cross I made with a fem. Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough and a male Canna Sutra from Delta 9 labs.

EvergreenState

Elemental True OG Day 73 Harvest

Elemental True OG Day 73 Harvest

The resin production on this strain is outstanding. Best of the bunch. Very eager to sample this one and to be honest the one I looked forward to the most. Hopefully it is as good as it looks.

Last edited:

EvergreenState

GHS K Train Day 73 Harvest

GHS K Train Day 73 Harvest

Pleased with these also. I picked some really nice strains to grow this round. I'm really pleased with how all of these strains turned out. Smoked a small pin joint of a couple small quick dried buds and it's a great comfortable stone. It leaves your head alone except that your memory kind of goes out the window. Really, really nice comforting and relaxing stone. Lasts too. I'm going to have fun smoking this over the next few months.:smokey:

Last edited:
Back To The Congo

Back To The Congo

Hi Guys and thanks for the question.

The Ace Seeds Back To The Congo `limited release` was my stock I sent over to Spain on an invitation from Dubi and was a great honor to have them take on my stock of the Back To The Congo as a limited release which I believe is now out of stock.

The H Depot Back To The Congo is the same stock as what Ace had and Im happy to work with a great fellow Canadadian company.

This year projects are wrapping up with a big storm coming, Ive done an initial harvest of a few phenotypes and have photos in my phone Ill get onto uploading soon.

cheers
Richard

I know ACE had what I thought was a limited run of a collaboration with Richard Williams on those seeds and after going to the Ace site and reading the description of their Congo, I'm not sure it's the same Congo. It could very well be the same or Richard allowed them to work with his and allowed them to create their own. Not sure how all of that went down. If Richard could clarify that would be nice and it would be nice to be able to get them at several places if they are the same.
As far as Hemp Depot is concerned, I checked my records and I bought from them 4 times, had great service and freebies every time. Placed my order and received my seeds in less than a week.:biggrin:

EvergreenState

Hi Guys and thanks for the question.

The Ace Seeds Back To The Congo `limited release` was my stock I sent over to Spain on an invitation from Dubi and was a great honor to have them take on my stock of the Back To The Congo as a limited release which I believe is now out of stock.

The H Depot Back To The Congo is the same stock as what Ace had and Im happy to work with a great fellow Canadadian company.

This year projects are wrapping up with a big storm coming, Ive done an initial harvest of a few phenotypes and have photos in my phone Ill get onto uploading soon.

cheers
Richard
Thanks Richard for the clarification. I can vouch that these two Canadian companies are doing a great job. The Back to the Congo is a great plant that I know everyone would enjoy. I believe it is universally appealing. I can't imagine you wouldn't enjoy it. Thanks again Richard. Where are those photos you promised us? Looking forward to seeing them.
Speaking of enjoying a strain, I really enjoy the GHS KTrain. A feature about it that is unique in my experience is that lung expansion is a total nonissue. It's extremely mild on your lungs. I have pretty sensitive lungs that get easily irritated but with this strain I have no issues. It's the least irritating strain on my lungs that I've ever experienced.
On top of that is a perfect high for me. Very relaxing but with a real nice potency. It's like budduh or like Werther's Caramel hard candy. Smoooth.:bow:

Latest posts

Latest posts