What's new

ebb & Grow/ Multiflow controller construction

BlindDate

Veteran
Well, remove that spade and twist in with the rest of the light blue wires that you have wrapped up in all that tape.

LIFT OFF

There is power to the timer, just got out of the shower and drying my hair as we speak ahahhahahah :pointlaug

so i guess that makes it either the relays or the floaty switches ????

Also when i plugged it in it woul;dnt work then i realised i didnt have the positive jumper connected to pin 5. So i plugged in pin 5 and BAM was drying my hair. :woohoo:

Last edited:
im starting to think its really the relays!!!

or it could be the floats s they were purchased off ebay from China but i did check them up against a car battery and they kicked so i guess they work.

Only other option is the wire I used for the jumpers for the float switches. I purchased a 1mm/16 guage blue sheath copper wire from my local radio shack. I think this is not the problem because really im just extending the switches and only carrying small current through the switches to the relays.

How can i power these switches like in the photo's below??? I just want to rule out that its the float switches, if it is then it can only be the relays!!!

I like this process of elimination!!!:woohoo:

Those pictures here with the light on the battery were off the guys internet shop i didnt take these photos.

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
OK...Process of elimination, next:

Lets see if the relays are working. Run power directly from the timer pins 2 & 4 to pins 13 & 14 on the relay and see if the relay clicks. Test one relay at a time and remove all the other connections first.

NEXT:

Test the floats (one by one) in circuit. As you lift and drop the float the relay should click. Remember that you still need power on pins 2 & 5.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
:respect:
blinddate - i am impressed by the help people give others on icmag.

i give you kudos for going above and beyond the call of duty to help out our friend earl from down under.

ok just tested the relays as per blind dates instructions.

ran pin 2 timer into position 13
ran pin 4 timer into position 14

tried vice versa but nothing seems to resemeble a clicking sound. I had my ear up to it and nothing at all.

i tried the rest of the positions on the relays but no clcking or anything resembling life.!!!!

where to go from here

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
This may be a dumb question, but, I'll assume that the timer is ON when you are testing.

Pins 13 & 14 are the coil contacts. They activate the relay.

It appears that your relays are not working. Are you sure that those relays are 220 Volt coils? Give me a close up of the markings on the relay.

Last edited:
sure are, on the cylindrical yellow object inside the relay it says AC 220-240V

just double checked timer and yes timer is on and working but just seems to be be the relays i guess i cant check the floats until i trouble shoot the relays.

Here are my relays I purchased
http://www.rsaustralia.com/

ITEM NUMBER :

I am going to get this bastard to work if its the last thing i do. I like multiflow but you cant get them in Australia anywhere.

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
You don't have a cord you casn use to test the relays do you?

Terminals 13 and 14 are DEFINITLY the coil terminations (the terminals that are oriented up/down on the bottom of the relay)

You must ensure the timer is on and applying the proper voltage for the relay to operate.

BlindDate

Veteran
The pictures are too blurry to read the lettering, but I'll assume what you say is true.

As a last ditch test effort, to make absolutely sure. You can run wires from 13/14 and plug them directly into a wall outlet. No movement = dead relays

Last edited:
ok,

on the back of the relay it has the pin layout as per picture below

it says :
RH2B-U = model number
AC 220-240V
50/60 HZ

on the other side of the relays it says:

CSA Rating

RES
10A 240 VAC
10A 30VDC

GEN USE
7.5A 120VAC
7A 240VAC
7.5A 30VDC

1/6 HP 120VAC
1/3 HP 240VAC

Made in China

that is everything written on the relays

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
#s 13 and 14 are CERTAINLY the coil connections

hook up wires to each and use an outlet to test the relays, then get back to us

BlindDate

Veteran
I read the spec from the link you posted. Your relay is the right one. Like I and Crazy said, plug it into the wall as a last test.

I do have a spare cord can you give me a rough diagram on how to wire it???

cheers

i think i know but i dont want to zap myself

would the positive wire go to pin 14 and negative to pin 14???

Last edited:
yessssssssssssssss

They work !!!! i just connected the positive wire to pin 13 and the negative wire to 14 that were connected to the timer and the relays coils were flicking up and down.

i wonder why they are not working when connected with the timer.

i am going to test them through the timer aswell and ill get back

ok i just stumbled upon the right combo the relays are now working with the timer but its not pin 4!!!!! its connected to pin 3 and the relays are flicking

yippe kar yay motherfuckers its about time. :woohoo:

timer pin 2 jumper connected to relay pin 14
timer pin 3 connected to relay pin 13

BlindDate

Veteran
According to the timer drawing from the link you supplied, pin 4 is the normally open SWITCHED pin. Pin 3 is normally closed.

Last edited:
ok trying to test he float switches are per blind dates instructions but nothing is happening.

i may try another float switch just to make sure