What's new

ebb & Grow/ Multiflow controller construction

Hi people,

Thought id post my thread in the hydro forum

I had to do a name change for security reasons and i like my new net handle hahaha.

well I have gathered most items for the setup and am just awaiting on my timer to arrive. This thread will continue over the next 2-3 weeks for the whole process.

ok lets gets started, I am in Australia and had to source alot of parts online to come up with the right items to make sure it works

1. RELAYS I got from RS Compnents
Item number : 2508796181
ER - Relay, Power, Midget, 10 Amps, DPDT, 240 VAC (240 Volt for Australia power standards)
2. insulated female connectors
3. Twist quick connects for connecting wires safely
4. 4 x float swithes tapped in 3/8 - 90 degree elbow pond fittings
5. 4x 3/8” UNISEALS for grommets.
6. Timer (Still waiting for delivery) DPDT 5 Terminal timer
7. Power Cord
8. 2 x Power outlet to plug pumps into

There are still a few more things to come like buckets/electrical housing box ETC but I am going to concentrate on the building of the controller first as the rest is easy as shit.

Now a question I have for multiflow growers is that my relays are numbered differently(SEE PICTURE BELOW FOR DIAGRAM). They are (1,5,9,13) and (4,8,12,14) not the traditional 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. (SEE PIC)

Here is the link for my RELAYS:

http://www.rsaustralia.com/cgi-bin/...feceeldgkidhgm.0&cacheID=aunetscape&Nr=avl:au

A Link to the PDF Relay selection Guide (MODEL 2H2B-U):

http://docs-alliedelec.electrocompo...ec-Corporation_Industrial-Control_8143036.pdf

Now is there a difference between the numbers how will I know from kryptos controller construction thread which ones to plug them in at ????

Will post more soon

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
What are all those electronic float valves and relays for??? Why don't you just use a timer and pump into the control bucket thru a mechanical float valve?

Like this:

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Earl, the relay layout *should* be the same. My suggestion would be to buy relay "bases" that would be labeled the same as Krypto's relay layout

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
BlindDate: Because he wants to build Ebb & Flow buckets, not DWC, therefore he needs the system to flood and drain on a cycle several times a day and needs it automated. Refer to Krytonite's controller thread for more details

piss off blind date!:moon: i am here for advice on how to make my controller, not listen to trash about toilet floats and shit. If i did want that I would be growing POT in my toilet cistern in my bathroom, and whilst taking a dump i can pull some nugs off and smoke some. IDiot!!:yoinks: :yoinks: :fsu:

my timer came in the mail today will be updating very soon.

Also going to the shop tomorrow to pick up my ABS plastic enclosure for all the electrical. :

Last edited:
imnotcrazy said:
Earl, the relay layout *should* be the same. My suggestion would be to buy relay "bases" that would be labeled the same as Krypto's relay layout

i think your right imnotcrazy, from looking at my relays and pictures of the radio shack ones they seem the same and look the same but im on Australia and need 220/240v relays as per our electrical here down under.

also what are relay bases>>> im not familiar with that?
:pointlaug

Heady NUGs

10513CONTROLER_SCHEMATIC.JPG

Well, I looked on Radio Shacks site, and can't find the schematic for our relay, and I don't have one on hand to look at either. If someone can find the schematic, it would be easy to match up the pins on your Aussie relay. I will keep looking. I am not familiar with that "box" sign between your 13 and 14 pins, anyone know what that means?

Blind Date.... floats are more reliable at measuring water level than timers. As the roots grow and fill up your flood container, there is less room for water, this is when a timer would either overflow your container or would have to be adjusted. Its hard to find timers that are in increments smaller than 15 minutes as well. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

BlindDate

Veteran
piss off blind date! i am here for advice on how to make my controller, not listen to trash about toilet floats and shit. If i did want that I would be growing POT in my toilet cistern in my bathroom, and whilst taking a dump i can pull some nugs off and smoke some. IDiot!!

I would say that you are the "IDiot" for going to all the trouble when a simple float valve in your controller bucket will do the exact same thing.

Heady....The timer turns on a pump that is inside the reservoir. This pumps nutrients to the controller bucket through a float valve in the controller bucket. The amount of time that the pump is on does not matter so long as it's long enough to fill the controller and all the grow buckets.

C-mon, you guys can't be that stupid. Think about it. All you are doing is pumping water from the reservoir to the controller bucket and back. All you need is 2 pumps on timers that alternate.

Last edited:
BlindDate said:
I would say that you are the "IDiot" for going to all the trouble when a simple float valve in your controller bucket will do the exact same thing.

Heady....The timer turns on a pump that is inside the reservoir. This pumps nutrients to the controller bucket through a float valve in the controller bucket. The amount of time that the pump is on does not matter so long as it's long enough to fill the controller and all the grow buckets.

C-mon, you guys can't be that stupid. Think about it. All you are doing is pumping water from the reservoir to the controller bucket and back. All you need is 2 pumps on timers that alternate.
well i mist be stupid then

ok here we go!:dueling:

Just got my timer and plastic box. I have rigged up the auzzie electrical outlets s shown in the pics.

ok Australian electrical wiring =

brown = live/positive
blue = negative/ nuetral
Green/ Yellow = earth

the circualar hole for the timer was a little big for the face of the timer but still looks ok, but i guess we are not here for looks are we ? No we are not!~:woohoo:

just about the rig up the electrical cord to the timer and test the power outlets. wish me luck!:yoinks: :yoinks:

Last edited:
Chester Drawers said:
looks great dude, and you wont need toilet paper, ROFL

hahahaha yeah i think blind date is onto something, ganja growing in your toilet cistern with organic nutes. :laughing:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts