What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EatShitake Presents: The Sexer

E

EatShitake

Quick update, folks! :wave:

Well, the little kids were flipped on Friday (11/9) and are starting their stretch. They are looking good, and I'll share a few pics once the upload problems are sorted.

:joint:

E

EatShitake

WootWoot...pics are uploading again!

Here we go, these were taken about 2 days ago, just a couple shots of the table in general:

I'll snap a few close-ups when the plants start to show a little more diversity.

Once again, thanks for droppin' in, and everybody have a safe, green day!

:joint::joint::joint:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice and clean setup ... and be carefull when choosing a Vh keeper ... , some are stretchy bastards and they like nutes ;)

have fun & good growing

Fj

E

EatShitake

Fj :wave:

I am honored to have your presence here, and to be growing out the Vh.

Thanks for stopping in! I hope to have some exciting times with this strain in the future, as much fun as I'm already having. I have seen a few pics of the mature Vh, and this would definitely be a gem in my little collection.

oaktree

wow looking great man. Do you have any plans on scroging those bad girls? I must say they're looking healthy and green. Over on my end i had to take the sprouts off the table and put them back in the dome. Almost thought of going the soil rout because we we're getting so frustrated with the table, but i think after they come out of the dome again we'll be happy with the growth. I can't believe how quickly your ladies have taken off... I'm going to ask the question most people dont have the answer too haha... what do you think you'll be pulling in come harvest, also whats the approximate flower time on those strains. I'm looking forward to seeing some flower action soon. I wish you continued success on your grow.

Peace:joint:

E

EatShitake

Heyoaktree :wave:

Thanks for the kind words. Don't fret over initial setbacks in the beginning. Chalk everything that doesn't turn out absolutely perfect up to a learning experience. The key to getting good early growth in hydro is starting with a good root structure. As long as you can keep the little early rootmass from drying out, the seedlings have enough food storage to get them growing their first sets of leaves. You don't even need to really feed them until they start to show very early signs of yellowing. You'll get better at recognizing these points as you progress in your hydro grows.

This will be a strictly SOG grow because all the plants came from seedplants that haven't been sexed yet, and I plan to cull the males from this batch. I'm looking for new moms, so I expected a wildly diverse canopy and didn't want to restrict growth/do any training so I could judge each female on her growth characteristics.

I haven't a clue on the yeilds. I've grown out DreamGoddess before and had some nice short, squat females with really fat colas. High yeild, resinous, stinky, nice tight very pretty buds! I've let her go about 60 days or so flower, and was really satisfied. The Venomhead is brand new to me, but from the few grows I've seen around here, it looks like a real knockout of a plant. Fj was right, this is an easy plant to grow and likes nutes! I usually feed on the low end and bump up from there, but so far I've noticed no adverse reactions to pretty heavy (for me) nute levels.

Here's a quote from the breeder of Venomhead:
Description:
This cross was done with 3 different Blockhead phenotypes and a Venomberry99* male .
Expect this one to be very resinated , due to the Uzbeki Hashplant heritage of the Venomberry. Venomhead grows into a medium height very branchy plant with dark green big leafes .
the sativa background of the c99 will get markable in flowering with medium to heavy stretching .

Mountain High/Fj

*Vb99=bro´s Grimm C99 (f)x DutchFlower´s Venomberry (m)

I believe the harvest timeframe is in the 65-72 day range.

So this grow won't foretell any of these plants' true capabilities. Since I have 2 strains with (potentially) several phenos of each, I'm keeping things on the conservative side to pick moms, and then I'll take it from there to see how far I can manipulate them.

Thanks for checking in, folks. I'm off to birthday dinner, and I'll get some new growth pics up in the next day.

oaktree

Happy B-day! love that quote too, i've only heard great things about blockhead... your strains sound orgasmic to me now :bow: haha

Peace

E

EatShitake

Thanks for the wishes, guys. This has been a pretty good weekend, and I'm sorry to have to end it with a trip to the office tomorrow.

Quick update. The plants are all looking nice and healthy. I've confirmed 3 male Venomheads that got pulled. I just don't have room to run a seperate male chamber right now.

2 confirmed female Vh's and I think all 4 DreamGoddesses are truly goddesses now!

I'll have some pics up when this upload problem is sorted again. (!!?!!) By that time I should know what's going on with all the rest.

Everybody have a great week! I'll stop in again before turkey day (for us Americanos). Stay safe and green! :joint::joint::joint:

E

EatShitake

Welp,

Howdy, folks! :wave:

In my anxiousness to update with some stretching-phase pics, I've found I'm being thwarted by IC technical difficulties. :badday:

So, like in the ollllllllld days of the web, I'll just fill y'all in with text for now.

Confirmed:
4 Fem DreamGoddesses (out of 4!) :jump:
3 Fem Venomheads. All 3 are of a squat nature, which is most likely the Blockhead-dominant pheno that the breeder has recommended to watch for as far as keepers go. :jump:

There is one hold-out Vh left, and I've confirmed 4 males, so not a bad start!

The plants all got flipped to FloraNova bloom formula today, as well. I think I mighta added some budblood for good measure, but I mixed everything up over birthday weekend, so things aren't quite shall we say...lucid :bashhead:

So, thanks for stoppin' in again! I'll get some pics of these stretchy lil bitches just as soon as I can!

:joint::joint::joint:

E

EatShitake

Hey folks! :wave:

Here's my impression of me posting pics lately: :spank: :deadhorse :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::YaRight: :fsu: :drum::drum::drum::moon:
:mad:
:noway:

:1help:

OK, enough shennanigans! The FINAL count on the seXXXer is as follows:

4 DreamGoddesses--->Female
3 Venomheads------->Female

Soooo...7 outta 12 have turned my way as potential keepers! :jump:

Ima gonna be taking clones of my fems shortly to start a new grow to see what these ladies can really do!

On the horizon (pretty close, actually!!!) I've got a few things that will "feed the SeXXXer":

2 "mystery" plants (either Purple Kush or White Widow (I dunno???)
7 or 8 of one of my own kustom strains dubbed "Soylent Green" based on Reeferman genetics and other pollen I collected.

Should get interesting this winter!!! :headbange :headbange :headbange

Thanks for checkin' things out! I swear, as soon as pics are available........

:joint: :joint: :joint:

E

EatShitake

OK, this is a test post of a few pics that are several days old. MAD props to NZjay for finding a quick fix to get some pics up! :joint: :joint: :joint:

So it looks like I've got a few more pics to get this updated, and I'll be back a little later. Thanks for checking in, folks, and everybody have a great turkey day!

Last edited:
N

NZjay

BAM!

sheesh they did some growing!

..one good thing about not being able to post pics i guess.. lol...

i noticed something fishy after i realised the pics i tryed to upload, were indeed uploaded and ready when ICmag had the problems fixed.
so in my attempt to do the same thing with my pics today, something clicked. (it was probably my lighter as i smoked a bowl)
So then i realised it has to be the "process" funtion..
so... if the pics are there..... and i know the link......then.....muhahahahahah!!

Last edited:
E

EatShitake

Woot Woot!!! Looks like we're back in business, boys and girls (and durty mommaz!!) :wave:

Well, not too much to report since my last post, but things are progressing if not slowly. Let me start out with a quick table shot or two for ya's:

Here's DG1

And DG2

So I've decided to try to keep a Venomhead male, for F2-ing purposes. I chose a short, squat, STINKY!!! boy to keep to do the deed at a later date. Here's his mug (sorry, but my cam SUCKS at macros---or is it me?...)

OK, so that should get us caught up for now.

But wait!!! What was that horizon I spoke lightly of a little while ago???
Oh yeah...Mystery Seeds!!!

These are either purple kush (I'm leaning in that direction so far) or White Widow. One plant is ambiguous, while the other clearly (at least in person) has fatty McFat indica leaves:

And just so y'all know, my custom cross tentatively dubbed "Soylent Green" is in it's first phase of tests:

Phew!! I hope to acquire a nicer camera at some point in the next few (several!!) weeks. That should coincide with the point of appreciable growth on all my lil ladies (and gents, if need be).

Thanks for keepin' up with my little grow, folks. If'n it weren't for your support here, I would definitely F*** this stuff up worse than pissin' on an electric fence! :bashhead: Stay GREEEEEEEEN!!! and thanks again!

:joint: :joint: :joint:

N

NZjay

thats not funny... i pissed on an electric fence when i was like 4 years old :(

my grandad who saw me said it jumped back about 10 ft.

anyway! looking good dude... finally pics are working, hopfully for good this time.
go back and edit your posts with the picture trick i showed you. they for some reason dont work now.. lol.. who knows!

Your plants look nice and healthy. I like your little sexer too, that's pretty cool.

They seem to be moving right along and look like they like their diet. I've been thinking of giving the grow formula a shot instead of using 0-5-10. Hehe, I just hope my plants grow as fast as my things to get list for the hydro store.

E

EatShitake

NZjay :wave: Oh man, I hope that I didn't "JOLT" any bad memories for ya! hehehe

Happyflolucky :wave: Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy that things are going off without a hitch so far. I aim to keep it that way, but I'm crossing my fingers anyways. I hear ya on the trips to the hydro store...always seems like there's a list to be made for something around here.

Well, so far the pic system is holding up nicely. I'll be back in a couple days with some updates. There's no sense in posting regularly when there isn't much going on this early.

Thanks for stopping in, folks, and have a great weekend!

Latest posts

Latest posts