What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EatShitake Presents: The Sexer

E

EatShitake

Damn chuckleheads all up in my piece....sheesh!!! :muahaha:

Good to see you, Blunt! :wave:

OK, so I finally switched out my MH bulb for a Hortilux HPS last night. Figured the girls are nearing the end of stretch, so on with the bloom spectrum!

Think I'ma just warm my bones over here for a few before I get into the room and snap some pics:

See y'all later!

:joint: :joint: :joint:

oaktree

Hey EatShitake looking green and healthy as usual. How long into 12/12 are you... are you still planing to take clones? and if so what's your cloning method? sorry for all the questions just trying to get some info for when i'm all set to take clones... although i think i may move away from hydro to organic soil... much easier in my opinion... or maybe i'm just having a tough time figuring out hydro... regardless i have a plan for clones, i hope it will work out. Have you ever veged under HPS?

That #2 is looking quite nice, lovin those fat ass leafs. I'm hoping it's kush of you... i'm just a big fan of kush :rasta: i have 3 tatiana kush freebie seeds popping out of some soil as we speak! going to do a little hydro to soil comparison and see what the deal is between the two, that'll up it to 11 sprouts... crossing my fingers for all females, or at least one. After rereading your thread i saw you went 4 for 4 on the DG, very nice i must say, and was it 3 for 8 on the VH? not bad either. Anyway sorry for babbling, good luck with the sexxxer... keep us posted, lets see some of those 12/12 pics!!! i know they're going to be good.

Peace :canabis:

Lucky

Hey mush head lol, sorry to tempting. looking awsome and real healthy mate. lovin it over here, keep up the great work.
Peace

E

EatShitake

Lucky :wave: Thanks for the kind words! I love them mushies of all kinds (although some not so often any more).

oaktree :wave: Thanks for poppin' in. Keep your chin up on the hydro, you'll make it happen! I like organic soil, too, but I mix it up all the time. The soil gets a little messy, but you can make just as big (or bigger) a mess in hydro, too! I flipped the 12/12 switch on 11/9, so they're just shy of 4 weeks in.

I've got clones of a few of the venomheads for future propagation of a keeper. I also kept one male of the vh's, a nice short one that was staaaaanky, and pollenated the lower buds of the vh females hoping for some stellar F2's later this next year. I have all 4 DG moms, so I'll just manage to keep them alive and keep1 or 2 as a mom depending on how they turn out.

I clone using either jiffy peat pucks or rapid rooter, depending on what's on hand at the time. Pop 'em in a 7" dome, put a low wattage fluoro tube on top and wait it out. Got my cloning skills in the 90-100 percent range, as I learned to grow mj via clones. I seem to be able to kill off seed plants at a pretty good rate.

The DG is a cross of Godbud and Dreamweaver. I don't know the genetics off the top of my head of the parents, but there is a MOD forum here with strain descriptions. DEF an indica-dom plant! That's not the biggest fan leaf I've had, but def the biggest on a flood table. There's just not a whole lotta root mass, but these plants are impressing me! For comparison, I've got big hands (9.5" from wrist to the tip of the fun finger, I can palm a basketball all day long)

Well, I've snapped a few pics tonight, as it's been a week or so since my last pic update, and it seems IC pics are down again. I'll get some updates for youse all as soon as I can, as the plants have all started puberty, and the girls have their pom-poms! The room is gettin' a lil stinky, too!!!

Thanks for stoppin' in, and I'll share the pics ASAP!

E

EatShitake

Well, well, well!!! It appears that pics are in business again!

How 'bout that Mayweather/Hatton fight? You know that ringside seats were going for about 15 grand? That, and about 20,000 Brits invaded Vegas, just to see the fight? Sweeeet!!

Okay, so here are a few pics of the sexxxer in bloom. These were taken at just shy of 4 weeks in 12/12:

TeeHee....I'm feeling pretty good about this test grow so far. Looks like the DG's will totally outpace the Venomheads by at least a week, so I'm gonna have problems deciding my flush regimen. But I anticipated this, so I won't be disappointed. It is a test SeXXXer, after all :D

I'll be back in a wee bit with more updates, and a few pics of what's new! Thanks for droppin' by, folks! This bud's for you, and I love you all!

oaktree

Nice pom pom's EatShitake :wave: They're looking great man. Any tric's yet? How big were they when you flowered them? I can't wait till they start to pack on some weight. Must be real stinky now huh. What a great smell. Looking forward to seeing future updates. Good luck on your continued success :rasta:

Peace:canabis:

E

EatShitake

Hey oaktree:wave:

Thanks, man. The DG's are really starting to frost up, but you can't tell from the pics with my crappy camera. I think I actually bought the prototype of a digital camera instead of a real digital camera. Hopefully I'll have a nice one before harvest time, but who knows?

They were anywhere around 10-12" I guess. I didn't measure them, but that's a ballpark figure. They're starting to smell a little bit. The room stays pretty clean though, I'm on carbon :) But the plants themselves- The DG's have a fruity/bubblegum smell to them. It's a familiar smell, I guess. Nothing exotic, but it's still early. The VH's have a wee bit of fruityness, with some citrus and earthy-like smells. Definitely a more exotic smell. Overall, things are going pretty well.

What I'm starting to get stoked about is the mystery seeds I sprouted a few weeks ago. I'm really starting to lean towards Purple Kush stock that I thought had disappeared. Finding those seeds felt like finding money on laundry day! That and my new cross plants are coming along. The mom was a nice spicy/stinky/earthy Reeferman strain that got some mystery male pollen from a stinky dude. We'll see what happens. It'll be my first real crossing project that I actually carry out.

I'll get a few pics of the rest of the projects going on here in the next day or so. Thanks for checkin' in folks!

:joint::joint::joint:

E

EatShitake

Howdy y'all :wave:

Well, a quick update. I apologize for the crappy pics, but I'm limited to a 1.5MP digi cam that's almost as old as...well it's several years old. It just doesn't capture the clarity up close, as I can assure you that the plants have been starting to kick up the trich production. In another week or so, I should be able to capture some snowy caps for you with more clarity. OK, here we go:

And a few mystery plants. They were showing slight defs, but were repotted yesterday in some ammended FFOF:

And 4 little custom cross, with some DreamGoddess Moms in the background:

Well, another weekend gone by. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the current crop in the seXXXer, and I'll be able to replant with some cuttings of the above youngins when the table is cleared.

I'll also start a bucket run here soon. I'll be dusting off that rig and getting that going within the next week. :D

Thanks for stopping in!

N

NZjay

yes yes yes.... yes yes yes... nooo.........nooooooo... wait! yes yes yes!

great work my friend.. they look very happy... this is gonna be a nice pull!.

E

EatShitake

Yes sir, yes, sir, three bags full, my Kiwi mate! Good to see you! :wave:

Holy SheepShit, Batman! Get a load of these roots when you forgot to look in on them for a few days!! :spank:

:muahaha:

This is gonna be a 6 bucket recirculating DWC VenomHead (#7 mom) grow!:D :D :D

I'll prolly have to branch this out into a second thread, but I'll wait and see if these lil lasses take off, first. It's been about a year (give or take) since I ran buckets, and these clones sorta snuck up on me, so until things take off, I'll post here.

They'll be vegged for a few weeks and tortured/trained to see what they can do. The veg period is just going to be in the buckets linked together without a res for the first week until I get a chance to put the whole rig together (gotta get some equipment out of storage). They'll start off under 400MH, moving up to 600MH, and then flipped under a 1000HPS. Here's a few teasers:

And here we have all the side projects...off to the side, of course!

So stick around, folks! The seXXXer is in full swing with about 3.5 weeks left. The DG's are really starting to pack on the girth. It's good to love fat chicks! :nono: The trich production overnight has astounded me! DG #4 is starting to purple up just the slightest bit, too. BONUS! I think the VH's will finish a week later, so I'm really gonna have to make a choice on the flush regimen- smooth DG smoke at the expense of smaller VH, or a slightly harsh DG to get the maximum VH buddage? What a great conundrum to find myself in!:D

Everybody have a great day, and smoke 'em if you got 'em!

N

NZjay

Oh my lord! i didnt expect that!!!!

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS!!!

wooooooo!

E

EatShitake

Hehehe...It appears as though somebody has lit a fire under my ass! :hotbounce

Yeah, when the seXXXer is harvested, the buckets get flipped. Just in time to fire up seXXXer Part Deux!:jump: And so on, and so on... I love it!:D

oaktree

Seems like you have quit the strain variety going on:rasta: i love it man, great work. The sexxxer is looking ultra sexy now. Can't wait for the update on those mystery seeds. Now you have me thinking of germing out more seeds, haha... maybe i'll do it. Keep up the good growin'

Peace:joint:

RebelGrow

hey there EatShitake! must say your work is progressing nicely and i'm impressed. stoked on seeing your own little creations come into fruitition. peace my southwestern brother.

E

EatShitake

Yo yo yo, what's up, folks! :wave:

Been away for a few days, but I'm back for the stretch through the end of the year.

Rebel-good to see you. I thought you mighta gotten carried off by gremlins or something.:D Thanks for the good vibes!

oaktree :wave: Thanks for the kindness! I like to try new strains, and there will be more in the works come next year!

Well, here's a few random shots from the seXXXer. I really wish I could capture some nice macros for you guys, cuz these girls are getting frosty! The DG's are WAY ahead of the VH's, well at least a week...They are frosting up nicely-even on the bottoms of the leaves:yoinks: I hope I can get my mitts on a nicer cam before harvest, but it'll be a close call. Always more expenses than funds!!!

OK, here we go:

I'll be back a lil later with some random veg shots of the crosses, mystery plants, and the VH buckets. Til then, everyone rock out with your....well, you get the idea.

Word to your Mommas! :joint: :joint: :joint:

hazy

Veteran
I haven't been around since page 1.
I come back and holy cow man!
Stunning DreamGoddess!

I knew you'd like DG.
Buckets going too. oh yeah.

E

EatShitake

NZjay :wave: :wave: Thanks! You've been around since my slacking start, and looks like you'll make it through my first official harvest thread! Thanks, mate!!!

eatfajitaas :wave: Thanks man! It's nice to see other people around here have an appetite and advocate the remedy in their user names!

hazy :wave: Where ya been? :D I think I've got a couple nice representatives of the DG line. I've grown a few out randomly before in soil and was impressed, but never gave her the attention I should have. Sad to see that MOD's work may go the way of so many other good breeders that have come and gone. But I've still got a few seeds left, and I'll be making a decision to keep 1 or 2 mommas from this test grow. Now don't be a stranger!!! :joint: :joint:

OK- the rest of ya's out there. Things have been a lil bit hectic with this time of year, but things will settle in a few days. I'll be back with some pics of flush-ready DG, and VH's that will go a few days longer. I'll be cloning my crosses as well as the 2 mystery plants for sexing, and I'll throw in some bucket shots for good measure.

Until then, everybody have a great holiday (whatever your particular flavor is), stay safe but party hard, and I'll see y'all soon!

Peas to All!!! :joint: :joint: :joint:

E

EatShitake

Hello Boys and Girls!! :wave:

Well, the Digi Cam Gods have shone their light down on me! I'm the proud new owner of a half-way decent cam now. I've had this crappy digi since like 1999 or something, so I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm gonna spend New Years Weekend putting this thing through it's paces to learn the ins and outs of it, and hopefully I'll have some good shots for the next phase of my grow coming up.

Until then, here are the very first shots from this cam. These are just a few random shots of a DreamGoddess that will be put into flush this weekend. Whaddya all think?

I think it's hands and fists above my old cam, and I'm totally stoked!! Hopefully it's not too steep a learning curve, as I've had some good experience with nice 35mm SLR cams in the past. I should get a lot of practice here this weekend.

So thanks for stopping in! I hope Santa was good to everybody, and y'all have a great weekend!!! Don't forget to watch UFC this weekend!!!