What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EatShitake Presents: The Sexer

oaktree

:wave: how's it going EatShitake! The plants looking mighty frosty now. Some nice new pic's. Sounds like your enjoying the new camera, i too just recieved a new camera and i have to say i was pumped about it as well. Can't wait to see some more shots from the new camera. How many weeks into flowering are you? how long of a flush are you doing? How are the VH's doing?

Peace:canabis:

E

EatShitake

oaktree :wave: Good to see you! I'm really starting to enjoy the new cam, and glad you got one too!

Let's see. Today is day 50 of flower. The DG's look like they'll go about 60 days max, so I'm gonna start flushing tonight. I've got a seperate E&F table that I made a couple years ago out of some rubbermaids. It'll hold 4 or 5 plants, so the DG's will be put into that tub later today if I have time before the UFC party I'm going to.

The Venomheads look like they've got another 2 weeks, so they'll get a res change, but I won't flush 'em for at least a week. Now I know what to expect out of these 2 strains and can plan accordingly for the next grows.

So, I'm still practicing with the cam. A few friends came by last night to jam and we tore into a bottle of 12-year old Macallan single malt. Mmmm. Got a little toasty and decided to snap a few pics after the house cleared out.

Here's one of the Venomheads. She's stretched nicely, starting to really fill in and also just starting to pack on the trichs. Check out the bulbous head on her:yummy:

And here's some holiday-season frosting from a DreamGoddess:

2 of my favorite babes: Frosty DG and a '68 P-bass for scale

So thanks for droppin' by, folks! I'll be back with an update of the buckets, crosses, and mystery plants later this weekend. I'll be a-cloning, too!:D

Have a great weekend!!
:joint: :joint: :joint:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hej hej ES ... looking very nice ... , if you got some questions regarding " photography " feel free to pm me .. , i will help you as much as i can ... :) the same is for anything with those Vh's ... :D

Fj

E

EatShitake

NZjay :wave: Thanks (I think!?!) I'm not a collector, I'm a player, but I've got a pretty sizable arsenal. I have a couple really smooth players, but this '68 P REALLY drops funk bombs! She's smoove like butter, but hits like a lead pipe full o' funk. ps...I've saved a spot on the couch for you now that you're thread-homeless:D

Fj :wave: Good to see you again! I'm still new to halfway-decent mj photography, so I don't even have specific questions yet. If you see anything I could be doing different, please don't be shy!
I'm thinking the VH's will go around 65 days or so, does that sound about right? They're jujst starting to pack on the trichs and the aromas are also developing. I can't wait to try it!:yummy:

For those of you that don't know, Fj is the breeder of the VenomHead that I'm growing, and I'm honored to have him on board here. Thanks, Fj!!

seaofvert :wave: Thanks for the good words and thanks for stopping in! I'll probably be running this same setup again as soon as this run is complete. I've got 6 more plants to sex and determine their basic characteristics and this system is working like a little olympian. I can run this in the back 40 of the room and run buckets and/or tables in the prime real estate.

RebelGrow :wave:Good to see you. I'm glad to be rounding the final turn here and have a good pull of some new strains to play with. The UFC card was pretty good all around. Liddell rearranged Silva's face a bit. Hughes should probably consider retirement but GSP did look less French and more Canadian :D

Speaking of the ufc night, I pulled a popcorn nug off one of the DG's that was looking pretty ripe. Dried it for a couple days and brought it to the fight party for a test. I'm happy to report that it was a hit (with me) and the fight fans. Unflushed and uncured, still tasted better than the A- grade stuff that showed up. So now I'm super-stoked!:woohoo:
After a flush and a couple weeks in the jars, this should prove to be pretty good! I'll prolly pull a VH nugglet next weekend for a similar test.

Alrighty....on to a few pix! Nothing too exciting, I seem to manage to get pretty tied up in the holiday season and only get a few minutes to manage the room. Here's a shot of the seXXXer before I install the seperate flush table for the DG's:

Here's another teaser or 2 of what's on the horizon. 5 VenomHeads vegging in DWC. Thought I would have 6, but that's what I get for thinking...:bashhead:

And the momma area off to the side:

So to sum it up, the test grow is winding down and will be harvested over the next 2 weeks- DG first, then VH. 5 VH buckets are vegging, to be flipped when the current test is complete. At the same time, I've got clones taken of 4 of my own crosses and 2 mystery plants. These cuts will be sexed and grown out the same as the ones that are going now. The endless cycle!!! Plus, I'm thinking of taking a bunch o' cuts of 2 DG's (#1 and #4) and filling a 3x3 table I've got laying around empty. Gonna get busy here soon!!! Stay tuned, there's plenty more to come!!

HairPiece and LoveGrease to Y'all!
:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

E

EatShitake

HowdyHowdy!!! Happy New Year, y'all! :wave:

Well, for some reason, my New Year's Eve postings were deleted. Anyone else have any oddities in the waning hours of 2007?

OK, so the holiday season winds down, visitors are leaving, I'm back at work, and things are returning to pre-holiday groove.:woohoo:Not that I don't appreciate partying with good folks from waay back and new ones alike, but sometimes there's business to attend to!!! :D

So here's a quick update. The DG's are in their DIY flush-bin, and will be for a few more days. I'm looking for white ash in the bowl! They've been on pH-ed water with Clearex, and looking good. Here's a general pic, and then a close-up:

The VH's are going at least another week. They're being deprived of N and being fed very light P/K and various additives. One of my VH's is exhibiting an odd characteristic. It's definitely the "leanest" girl (and the best smelling:D), but it looks like her buds on top are shooting out new stems. Really weird. Here's a few pics:

And here's the oddity. Anyone have any input?:::

As far as the other projects: I've cloned the 2 mystery plants for sexing, 4 custom crosses, and taken a boatload of DG clones as well as a VH or 2. I'll prolly SOG the DG's on a 3x3 table, and experiment with the VH's.

Now, for the buckets....It seems I may have fracked up a couple VH's in DWC. :bashhead: I changed nutes and decided to try some custom mixing (like an idiot!!!) and may have introduced some undesirable bacterias or something. Since they are vegging in seperate buckets, I've only affected a couple plants, but...dumbass! So I've flushed the 2 bad-looking ones, changed nutes, and dosed them with some SM-90. They don't look beyond repair, but they're definitely not healthy, and it was some sort of root infestation issue. Temps are well in check, but I was playing around with some additives that may have been beyond shelf life, so....Live and learn!....Hopefully there is a full recovery, and I can flip these bitches next weekend (they;'re starting to get big, but the root mass just wasn't what I wanted---hence the science experiments)

Oh well, I haven't run buckets in a good long time, so there's bound to be a little ring-rust, as they'd say in the pugilist's world.

So, I hope everybody had a safe New Years, and here's to clearing 2008's early hurdles and reaping the fruits of our labors!!!

E

EatShitake

Howdy folks! :wave:

Well, today was chop-chop day for the first DreamGoddess. I'll prolly chop the rest tomorrow, and the VH's will get their last nute change before their flush. Here's DreamGoddess #3 in all her frosty glory:

That's aboot it for the pics for now. After doing a little bit of research on my bucket issues, it turns out I prolly have an algae problem in a couple of the buckets that I tried experimenting with. So I stocked up on SM-90, H2O2, and some algae killer. The affected buckets will get a flush and soak in the Al-G killer mix, and I'll just hop for the best. Worst case, I gotta trash 'em, and I'll start over, but let's hope it doesn't come down to that.

Enjoy your Wildcard weekend!

:joint: :joint: :joint: :joint:

oaktree

Nice buds! lovely color and frosting! can't wait to hear a smoke report. So when are we going to see some VH chopped down? Looking great man. Keep it up, also going to be nice to see those crosses and mystery strains. Lots to look forward to.

Peace:canabis:

N

NZjay

looking great Shitake!! i need my snow boots!..

as expected, its hard to not want to grow...

so out come the plans....lol

my first time in soil! :)

inside bunkbeds. :D

Last edited:
E

EatShitake

oaktree! Thanks for the good words! I'm very satisfied with the testgrow of the DG's so far. They're all harvested and I didn't even take pics :bashhead: But I'll snap a few when they're ready to go into the jars for curing. The VH's are flushing right now. There's a few that are showing a nice little hint of color change as well. I'm stoked because they're frosting up like the DG's and they smell super nasty. A nice earthy citrus/chem smell. It's very strong and very pleasant. I'll throw up a few pics when I get a chance!

NZjay!! What can I say but you can't keep a good growin' man down for very long! Welcome back to glory, mate!

So bunkbed budz, huh? Keep us posted, cuz this sounds like a fun stealthy grow! Got any idea what strain(s) you'll be running?

Update on the VH buckets: Hideous brown algae claimed 2 of the buckets, leaving me with 3 healthy plants. :badday: The silver lining on that cloud is that my lazy ass didn't set up the veg room to do recirc, so the problem was isolated to 2 buckets. I was mixing up slightly different nute recipes trying to get maximum root mass by being mad scientist. Note to self: Don't do it again, again!!! I think I went wrong by trying to jumpstart the bennies in one mix by adding molasses, while adding hygrozyme at the same time. Thee molasses probably jumpstarted the algae colony before the zyme got a chance to get the upper hand to digest all the baddies. Lesson learned! :bashhead:

Clones are rooting as we speak here! I should be ready to run seXXXer part deux by the end of the weekend (hopefully) and will probably flip the remaining 3 VH buckets as well. Pics to follow!

Thanks for checking in, y'all!!

N

NZjay

well, i have Purple Urkle seeds, Skunk x Haze seeds, and G-13 seeds.

as much as i would love to try the others, i know how good and beautiful urkle is.. so i will probably stay with a girl i know for a while. :)

i still have to design and build a small momma room. not too sure how to go about this yet.
would love to spend minimal money on a momma ... as i just want her clones every 2 weeks... maybe ill have to fork out some xtra coin and get a decent T8 or something.

i need Khaleels advice, as he is Flouro king. lol.

test grow is over with my friend... time to really get serious huh?!

DG looks sooo damn frosty. would love to try her one day in the future!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry to hear from that algae attack ... , try to select towards the smaller/stouter VH's so you can use them in a SOG as well , and be sure to know that there is a pheno which is lacking psychoactivity , which comes from the Venomberry99 , this pheno occurs in a small percentage , we have grown about 50 Vh's and found 2 females expressing this phenotype .. , more often you will see orange and citrus flavored ones , those are mainpheno's to look for ...

good growing

Fj

E

EatShitake

HeyHeyHey!

NZjay! :wave: Looks like you're getting busy again, mate. Idle hands do no work! I'm anxious to see how the bunk turns out!

Fj :wave: Thanks for checking in! The last 2 VH's are in their final flush and will be pulled in the next day or 3. I just pulled one today. I chose the 3 shortest females out of the pack, and they all have a similar citrus aroma going on. I've got one that looks to be a heavy foxtailer. She's the least productive out of the group, but has the strongest aromas. I can't wait to chop her down and give her some cure!

OK, so here's a few pics of VenomHead that was chopped today:
VH#1

It's a little hard to see after the pics were processed, but the trichs on this plant are like peach fuzz. Really tall and skinny, and plentiful. I already tried a little popcorn bud off one of the other VH's. Very tasty, smooth, and a nice buzz that settles in pretty quick. Can't wait to try the cream of the crop after a nice cure!

The buckets are gonna get flipped later tonight, and I'll be getting busy planting my rooted clones into their new homes. So check back soon, I'll be pretty close to calling the "Second Act" of the seXXXer.

RebelGrow

hey EatShitake, do you always use mollases in the flowering stage? i tried using it but it always gummed up my float valves and i would walk in to a flooded room, pain in the ass. also wondered how long you flush your girls for. peace bro

E

EatShitake

Hey Rebel
I rarely use molasses in hydro. My hydro grows are all ionic nutes, so I never really worried too much about building healthy colonies of bennies, but this time I was experimenting to try to jumpstart some healthy root growth.

I've grown all organic in soil a few times and have played around with guano/worm teas and used molasses to feed the colonies. I can't say that my organic skills are up to par with my hydro skills- I've lost more dirt plants than hydro plants, but my organic buds are almost always smoother smoking. I don't pull the weight with soil thoug. I'm still honing my skeeelz! :D

As far as flushing, I like a solid week on some sort of clearex product. It really depends on how heavy a feeder the strain is, but basically 7 days or so.

Thanks for checking in! :wave:

chosen

Veteran
Hey, Eatshitake.... I use floranova right now. You use ionic.. Been curious about that stuff. I think that I've got a bottle laying around. I've heard that it's ph stabilized as well. NIce growing....

oaktree

Hey Eatshitake, how are those VH's holding up, looking forward to the next update. Got some DSD and Biko II clones rooting up... they're not dead yet so thats good.

Peace

E

EatShitake

Chosen- Sorry it took so long to get back in here. I think I mislead yas when I said ionic, I meant non-organic/chem. FloraNova is what I'm using, too, and I love these nutes. Very easy growing if you don't wanna or can't tinker around.

oaktree-How's it going, mang? Haven't been too active here in the last week or so :bashhead: Dramas and whatnot.
Well, I'm down to 2 VH buckets. The 2 "survivors" are doing really good, though. Been in bloom about 10 days and stretching like mad. I'm not going to continue this thread beyond just testing out new strains, though. I'll be refilling the "seXXXer" as soon as some new clones root. Like I mentioned, had a little drama (non-security/grow related) and wasn't able to devote full attention, so I lost a batch of clones. Set me back about 12 days, but I'm just down, not out! Took more clones of the crosses and my 1 mystery plant. I managed to, well...let's just say I'm down to 1 mystery plant. :spank:

On the lighter side, I, too, have some of Res's DSD to play with! Couldn't beat the price! I've grown SD ibl's before, but no other Res gear, so we'll see how good I can F these plants up!

Preliminary Post-Harvest Report:

The DG's are full-on cured right now. I'm sooo happy so far with those plants! I managed to keep 3 outta the 4 fems for moms because I still can't tell which is my favorite. They've all got this slightly rotting fruit, sickly sweet organic type of aroma in the bud that fills up the room when broken up. Y'all saw the frosty pics, so you'd be correct if you said she packs a punch! Right in the chest! A really smooth smoke and a quick ride up that lingers with you for a good couple hours. Not a couchlock stone-a nice "smoke and let's jam out on some tunes" bud. It's gotten thumbs-up from my group of seasoned testers. Sometimes I think they just like the free tests and new varieties, but at the end of the day, everyone's got smiles and good words! I LIKEY!! :rasta:

The VH's are still curing. They went a full week or more than the DG's. I've had a test smoke and am impressed with the high. It's another one that doesn't knock you over the head and make you sound dumb which I like that type of high, because I do a good enough job on my own sounding less-than-eloquent at times :D The early cure aromas have a nice citrus undertone with some hints of spice. The type of spice that reminds me of Blue Moon beer, like coriander I think. Really nice, frosty, DENSE buds! I'll be back with more in a week when I think the cure is just right for testing.

Aight, thanks for keepin up here! I'll probably not have too much going on until my next batch of clones pop, but when they do, it's seXXXer part deux!!