What's new

Eagle 20 PM Killer, Cancerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
1 - Myclobutanil residues in cured tobacco leaves 21 days after the last treatment ranged from 0.85 to 3.27 mg/kg.

2 - So...I guess it is safe for tobacco---they use it evidently

3 - 5 day foliar half life, 90% gone in 21 days

I just don't know if that's going to cut it for people who choose to use cannabis over prescription drugs that have been "proven" to be "safe"

I wonder how many people have used it incorrectly (stoner logic, the more the better) and how many people would question their choice id they knew about the occurrence of residues?

Check out other half lives...some are 900 days plus, like imidacloprid (used for root aphids). But on the scale of things, 91% gone in 21 days, means that how much is there at 65 days...harvest? On the leaves sprayed...probably little to none, on the buds...probably zero since they were not formed and did not exist at the time Eagle was sprayed.

Check out half lives!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and if your rhizosphere is so biologically incomplete and environment so imbalanced you even get pm that is on you

if you don't understand that statement means once again that's on you

anyone that can dislike this comment has ZERO knowledge of what causes ANY plant to grow and thrive.

dude is sharing some truths with you and some buck up and get offended.

¡que es lo que es!

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out other half lives...some are 900 days plus, like imidacloprid (used for root aphids). But on the scale of things, 91% gone in 21 days, means that how much is there at 65 days...harvest? On the leaves sprayed...probably little to none, on the buds...probably zero since they were not formed and did not exist at the time Eagle was sprayed.

Check out half lives!

I have eagle on my shelf...not a hater or liar. But...

understand systemic ... it is present, always...it's kind of the point.

dank.Frank

Norkali

EXACTLY...that is why I look at "half life" data where possible. It gives me an idea of what I can expect.

My rationale is--I spray the leaves in veg, by the time I harvest, most of the veg leaves are long gone and I am looking at buds...which did not exist in veg. Why...cuz I run 2 killer stains, and the sativa strain never has PM, but the indica strain is the top dog at the collective, but can be a "PM sponge".

Bubba or Master....? :biggrin:

odogyouknow

I just went back and read the first 5 pages or so of Krunch's thread on the panacea that is E20

Fuck'n scary how many people claimed to buy the shit straight out and then ask how to use it. One guy asking if you can use it every 7 to 10 days, one guy saying he sprayed his moms, clones, and flowers, one guy saying"i'm about 2 uz dis, etc.

Even the best guess the the op was it sticks around for 30 to 45 days... 33% each way.

I can't imagine how many people bought it because of that thread, literally 4 or 5 people in the first 4 pages of a 60+ page thread said they just ordered it.

I think when informed and careful people who know what they're doing use it I think it's ok @ 1-2ml/gal.... but I doubt half the people that bought it can even reliably measure out 1 ml for a gallon to foliar clones. I just have this mental image of kids pouring as small of a bottle tip as they can into a gallon, getting results and being stoked for all their future grown to use it

@ 1ml/gal I probably would use it if I thought I would have a prob.. but be careful

odogyouknow

THIS IS THE TYPE OF SHIT GOING DOWN

with all the people i have helped personally and on here, not one has killed there plants with eagle 20. even a kat who read the label and used 60 ml's per gallon, did not kill the plant, but it did mess up for a moment....

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

avant gardener

Veteran
now correct me if i'm wrong, but i didn't hear anyone in this thread or krunch's suggesting that eagle is harmless or that it should be used carelessly or that you should rub it on your chest. i won't resort to chemical warfare unless i can help it—not because of some nagging sense of guilt over the environmental ramifications my 50ml of fungicide are going to have on the biosphere, but out of a sense of pride in my craft.

the best defense is to control environmental factors so there's no need for final solutions. that said, it's not a perfect world. and if you think i'm going to stand idly by and lose an entire grow to this pest or that when i can load up the sprayer and fix it, you are terribly mistaken. if you hold your hippie-dippie new age eco-ideals so dear that you're willing to let a fungus or a bug ravage your harvest before you'll use chemicals, that's your prerogative. if you'd rather let yourself starve than kill an animal in the wilderness, that's your prerogative too. just realize that i think you're stupid.

i just threw ridomil in my res today. i don't feel good about it, but it doesn't sting nearly as much as a failed crop.

G

greenmatter

I just went back and read the first 5 pages or so of Krunch's thread on the panacea that is E20

Fuck'n scary how many people claimed to buy the shit straight out and then ask how to use it. One guy asking if you can use it every 7 to 10 days, one guy saying he sprayed his moms, clones, and flowers, one guy saying"i'm about 2 uz dis, etc.

Even the best guess the the op was it sticks around for 30 to 45 days... 33% each way.

I can't imagine how many people bought it because of that thread, literally 4 or 5 people in the first 4 pages of a 60+ page thread said they just ordered it.

I think when informed and careful people who know what they're doing use it I think it's ok @ 1-2ml/gal.... but I doubt half the people that bought it can even reliably measure out 1 ml for a gallon to foliar clones. I just have this mental image of kids pouring as small of a bottle tip as they can into a gallon, getting results and being stoked for all their future grown to use it

@ 1ml/gal I probably would use it if I thought I would have a prob.. but be careful

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

you got us all figured out.:biggrin: kind of hard to even take you seriously at this point.

odogyouknow

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

you got us all figured out.:biggrin: kind of hard to even take you seriously at this point.

Well, I hope you do take some of the shit others posted in this thread seriously, cause it ain't no AN stuff where you can fudge by an ounce or two.... although I'm sure some think of it that way...

Quote Workers exposed to myclobutanil have reported symptoms such as skin rash, allergic dermatitis, itchiness, nausea, heachache, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, nosebleed, and eye irritation (CDPR).

AND.. that 60 ml/gal was a quote from the other thread.

odogyouknow

now correct me if i'm wrong, but i didn't hear anyone in this thread or krunch's suggesting that eagle is harmless or that it should be used carelessly or that you should rub it on your chest. i won't resort to chemical warfare unless i can help it—not because of some nagging sense of guilt over the environmental ramifications my 50ml of fungicide are going to have on the biosphere, but out of a sense of pride in my craft.

the best defense is to control environmental factors so there's no need for final solutions. that said, it's not a perfect world. and if you think i'm going to stand idly by and lose an entire grow to this pest or that when i can load up the sprayer and fix it, you are terribly mistaken. if you hold your hippie-dippie new age eco-ideals so dear that you're willing to let a fungus or a bug ravage your harvest before you'll use chemicals, that's your prerogative. if you'd rather let yourself starve than kill an animal in the wilderness, that's your prerogative too. just realize that i think you're stupid.

i just threw ridomil in my res today. i don't feel good about it, but it doesn't sting nearly as much as a failed crop.

Well, I'd say using 60ml/gal is practically rubbing it on your chest!!!!

+ no hippie - eco ideals here Pig hunt, abalone dive, eat my chickens eggs, and buy thick thick cut rib eyes all year. just plain old main problem with product is reproductive/endocrine system harm...

It's not that the studies clear this shit based on relatively lo ld50 in rats.... it's the fact they have to do the studies in the first place

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Bubba or Master....? :biggrin:

Now that is a real good question...as stories go, (how much credence should I give???), the indica I have is the same one favored by rapper Dr DRE...and supposedly was from his "garden". The strain name is "DRE OG"...or that is what the collective calls it.

It seems the earth, stars, planets and my karma were all aligned--cuz the cuts were 5 days old and came to me frozen; two thirds survived after the normal voodoo ritual (mumbo jumbo words, twirled chicken bones, dash of blood, toe nails from 2 lizards, and salt tossed to the four corners of the earth).

The result is an beauty indica with a strong musky, citrus aroma/flavor that reminds me of the King Kush...but not really. Very very very potent at 65 days. It seems that only 2 collectives in So Cal have this cut....the other collective calls theirs "DRE Day OG", but I have yet to sample same. She is a fast grower (easily inch a day in veg) and doubles/triples in flower. Can you say Amazon lady?

Funny...cuz, for years--I grew ANYTHING BUT OG; but it is what it is.
Cheers!

S

SeaMaiden

EVIDENCE.....

Cold Hard EVIDENCE.....

WHERE IS IT?

OH! Dont Have It?

Hard To Believe What Someone Just Says, NEED EVIDENCE...

EAGLE20 IS RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING POWDER MILDEW IN THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF GROW ROOMS, SAVING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS IF NOT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN WASTED PRODUCT....

Single Most Effective Powder Mildew Killer Out, WINNER......
Still not a word about its ability to cause fungi to develop resistance, eh?

Cancer isn't the only thing we need to concern ourselves with. Resistance is another big issue, and it's discussed on the label, as I've posted now TWICE. Yet no one seems to pick up what I'm putting down here.

Keep using it indiscriminately and say hello to the Borg version of PM.

Oh, and folks, please, if you're going to use a substance that normally requires a special license to buy, PLEASE READ THE LABEL. If people read the labels they wouldn't be asking those damned "How much do I use?" questions.

G

greenmatter

Well, I hope you do take some of the shit others posted in this thread seriously, cause it ain't no AN stuff where you can fudge by an ounce or two.... although I'm sure some think of it that way...

Quote Workers exposed to myclobutanil have reported symptoms such as skin rash, allergic dermatitis, itchiness, nausea, heachache, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, nosebleed, and eye irritation (CDPR).

AND.. that 60 ml/gal was a quote from the other thread.

nobody said this stuff is a toy.

you seem to want to believe that we are all spraying this stuff twice a week, at 6000% dosage, next to a river, on flowering plants, while we wear shorts and sandals. and of corse that none of us are capable of reading or thinking on our own.:)

i spent lots of time reading about this stuff before i bought it, and only had to use it one time. it is a chem so i went a little overboard on doing things the right way as far as protection and disposal,and had the crop tested. this stuff is not anybody's first choice, but it works.

AND ....... i don't think i mentioned the 60 ml/gal thing.

but your posts have given 4 out of the 10 symptoms you say are caused by eagle 20 ....... and a negative rep that i think is directly related to dealing with doom cryers and zealots :tiphat:

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Still not a word about its ability to cause fungi to develop resistance, eh?...

SeaMaiden--the concept of "fungicide resistance" is old, universal, and would be a gross mistake to think this is unique to Eagle 20. Please you google "fungicide resistance" you will find a wealth of knowledge...and all will have a common thread: To rotate from one product to another does not achieve the goal; rather, one must rotate "mode of action"...which is what those instructions refer to.

A good primer on Fungicide Resistance is here: http://pods.dasnr.okstate.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-2317/F-7663web.pdf

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
SeaMaiden--the concept of "fungicide resistance" is old, universal, and would be a gross mistake to think this is unique to Eagle 20. Please you google "fungicide resistance" you will find a wealth of knowledge...and all will have a common thread: To rotate from one product to another does not achieve the goal; rather, one must rotate "mode of action"...which is what those instructions refer to.

A good primer on Fungicide Resistance is here: http://pods.dasnr.okstate.edu/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-2317/F-7663web.pdf

You dont have to do that with sulfur :ying: Powdery mildew cannot build a resistance to sulfur. :ying:

Its nice not having to spray my plants :tiphat:

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
http://extension.umass.edu/floriculture/fact-sheets/powdery-mildew-diseases-ornamental-plants

Fungicides with the active ingredients propiconazole (Banner Maxx), myclobutanil (Eagle, Systhane), triadimefon (Bayleton, Strike), fenarimol (Rubigan), thiophanate methyl (Cleary's 3336), potassium bicarbonate (Armicarb, MilStop), or sulfur are registered for Powdery mildew control on ornamentals.

The Powdery mildew fungi can develop resistance to any of the fungicides, except sulfur, listed above so be sure to alternate fungicide applications among chemical classes.

:ying:

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Funny how they say, there is no resistance to Sulfur.....

Yet EVERYONE has to REAPPLY it.....

been years since i needed to use ANYTHING to battle Powder Mildew, i killed it with Eagle20....

G

greenmatter

You dont have to do that with sulfur :ying: Powdery mildew cannot build a resistance to sulfur. :ying:

Its nice not having to spray my plants :tiphat:

sulfur is wonderful stuff and it IS 100% effective against the spores that spread PM

but it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stop the organs of the PM that produce the spores. so at the same time it is exactly 0% effective at actually solving the problem.

if i lived in an area where the PM kept coming back because it was everywhere i would ditch the Eagle 20, but if you live somewhere where PM is something you have to kill one time and be done with it i just don't see the issue ........... i know sulfer makes herb taste like shit, so i kind of wonder if it's a whole lot better for you over time than Eagle 20's silver bullet is

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
lol second ingredient is the petroleum distillate naptha

its for ornamental plants only

if you put this shit on your flowers and sell em your worse than big tabacooo

WHY?!?!

cause at thousands of dollars a pound there is no excuse to take shortcuts that can effect peoples health

if you need eagle20 to keep PM of your plants you failed BIG TIME
Weird my brotha....that's hardly fair to say. I've gotten PM before and I tried numerous different strategies to eliminate it.....I changed the air flow, the humidity, I used Green-cure, milk, UV-C light, all sorts of sprays and potions and powders.....and got NO RESULTS.
1x application of Eagle eliminated something that was practically impossible to eliminate and removed a problem that I had experienced for months.
That PM almost made me totally stop growing. How'd I get the PM: simple....I was loose with accepting cuts from folks. Folks that most assuredly had the mildew.

Anyhow....all of these over the top chemical solutions are most certainly carcinogenic, probably teratogenic and absolutely can be mutagenic. There's no ifs ands or butts about it. You aren't supposed to ingest the stuff, and if you're gonna spray it on your plants, they better be in the vegative state.....furthermore....if you do use 'em....it should be a few generations of cuts and veggies grown out before attempting to flower.

That's the montage I used and it worked miracles. I literally never had to apply Eagle again after the first round. I can also pretty much quote my experience with Avid and spider mites as the same......used only in vegative growth......took many precautions....then took a long time to get back to flowering.

Both times I whooped the ass of whatever was ailing my plants.

Anyway, I understand implicitly why folks are equivocal about using these sorts of solutions....but I was done with the bandages and had done practically everything else prior to using these final solutions.

I'm glad I did, and would certainly consider using them once again if required. I would do so with open eyes, ears and with the foreknowledge that it's a serious thang that needs to be handled in a very professional manner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.