What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dustin's REZurrection Thread

love a good rez grow
4sd IMG_7832.jpg

dustin27

Veteran
Alright guys. After I get a little fire in my jars, I think I'm goin to work on continuing Rez's work on the sssdh. I did an open pollination with the sssdh ix1 (aka f2's). I'd like to grow out the f3s I made and continue inbreeding and possibly re-pollenating with the original ix1 male pollen I have (if still viable).

First though, pending my selection of males, I'm goin to breed my best phenos of sour d f2s and hopefully get enough seeds to share with seedbay. Same with the chemdog ibl f2s. I'll hit them with f2 pollen(pending male selection) and possibly f1 pollen.

Then eventually I'll get around to testing some of the hybrids I've made using rez genetics. Like the Chem x sssdh, sssdh x chem, galadriel x chem, and Huck x chem (Huck is this fruity ass funky indica I had, no known lineage, it reaked of fruityness, we called it Huck or huckleberry)

Oh, and it turns out I still have 4 original sssdh ix1 beans!

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
What's up dustin? That dank haze f2 sounds great, the mother used is actually Original Diesel, Chem 91 x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi NL). That crossed with sssdh has gotta be some fire haze!

Looking forward to the show!

Peace

Corsaire

Veteran
I also have a lot of Rez gear, glad to see another fan... :D

And your Huckleberry seems to be a nice clone, has it a relationship with the Oregon Huckleberry?

dustin27

Veteran
What's up dustin? That dank haze f2 sounds great, the mother used is actually Original Diesel, Chem 91 x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi NL). That crossed with sssdh has gotta be some fire haze!

Looking forward to the show!

Peace

Are you serious!? All I've been able to gather is that Dank Haze is DNA sour cut possibly, gotten from jah Hoover and then crossed with sssdh...my holy grail is to have all the original chemdog cuts in my garden, its cool to have a little bit of her in the genetics right now though!

dustin27

Veteran
I also have a lot of Rez gear, glad to see another fan... :D

And your Huckleberry seems to be a nice clone, has it a relationship with the Oregon Huckleberry?

I have no idea. Possibly could be related, although I've never heard of that strain which you speak of. I was gifted a cut from this old school grower and just called it huckleberry. He also gave me a DJ short blueberry clone so my comparisions leaned toward "blueberry".
From researching I'm thinking it might be an indica blueberry strain or pheno that one of the old school breeders made. I'm thinkin it was an old school DJ short creation but then he liked the sativa blueberry better and kept that one instead. (its been forever since I've researched strain history and lore and who the architects of breeding were, so I could be very wrong)

But if I'm remembering correctly, and judging on the fact the dude who gave me these cuts was old school and had other old school strains I surmised it was indica blueberry. But it smelled more like what I imagine a Cali juicy fruit might smell like. Not really blueberry. This dude had this other strain he gave me called Chemo. And I was never able to verify with pics but it sounded really close to the original chemo strain developed in a Canadian lab or something for cancer patients. And it worked. It was one of the best " smoke this and you are not moving, just stuck on the couch with numb legs" strains.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Yeah the cut jah got from Don and Aaron turned out to be Original Diesel, the supposed mother of Sour D, aka Daywrecker aka Underdawg. CSG also use it as the mother of Fuel and Diesel Dipped Cookies.

Should be a good one!

Peace

dustin27

Veteran
Ohhhh I know the lore of sour d and chemdog, or used to. Gotta re-up, but I used to be obsessed.. That's awesome! I was just posting in a different thread that the dank haze was some of the best smoke I've had and its on the top three of a few others I shared some nugs with

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome aboard Dustin!

I stay so excited that I'm about two strokes short of total orgasm, so it doesn't take much!

A little like Alice's restaurant, in that there are lots of opportunity to learn, share, and have a good time!

dustin27

Veteran
Thanks for the welcome homie! Didn't see ya posted until now.

Love this site! Only forum I use. I've learned more here than I can even explain. Made some amazing friends. Sad to see a lot of the the old homies aren't posting anymore, but I look forward to conversing with new ones!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Hey Dustin!

Great to see you reworking the old genetics, however this thread is in the wrong place ...

Seems it should be in the Grower's Forums under Strains ... so the thread gets more exposure, and you get post count credit for posting... which does not happen here in the Introduce Yourself section.