in:
Forums > Show It! > Flower Pix > Chemdawg 101

Thread Title Search    
Click to Buy BOG Seeds!
Thread Closed
 Chemdawg 101 Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #1

Chemdawg 101

***Special thanks go to orgogliodiprovi and chemdog who helped me straighten out the story and exact details. ***

Brief background:

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled ‘chemdawg’ (now ’91 chemdawg), ‘chemdawg a’ (now chemdawg’s sister), and ‘chemdawg b’. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled ‘c’, ‘d’, and ‘e’. the ‘e’ seed never germinated, ‘c’ turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg ‘d’ was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Chemdawg Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

• 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg’s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x ’93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdawg D-based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdawg D to Sensi's Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi's Afghani and Sensi's Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as "Double Dawg." Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ's latest work to the line is a second backcross known as "Tres Dawg" which is just starting to get tested.

Rezdog of Reservoir Seeds recently released several Chemdawg crosses as part of his 'Trinity' charity auctions. The crosses included Chemdawg D x Sensi's Hindu Kush and Snowdawg x Sensi's Hindu Kush, Chemdawg D x Sour Diesel IBL, Snowdawg x Sour Diesel IBL, ChemHaze x Sour Diesel IBL and Giesel x Sour Diesel IBL.

…….

Last edited by High&Lonesome; 06-03-2007 at 09:58 PM..

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:33 AM   #2

Pictures:
'91 Chemdawg:
(wonkanobe)
(wonkanobe)

Chemdawg D:
(smokeypufmaster)

Chemdawg's Sister:
(smokeypufmaster)

Chemdawg #1:

(nspecta)

Chemdawg #2:
(nspecta)

Chemdawg #3:

(nspecta)

Chemdawg #4:
(nspecta)

(wonkanobe)

Dawg Daze:
(smokeypufmaster)

Giesel:
(ograskal)
(ograskal)

Super Snowdawg:
(smokey)

Double Dawg:
(wonkanobe)

ECSD:
(ograskal)

OG Kush:
(ograskal)

Original Diesel:

(m. steelers)

Chemdawg D x Pbud:
(jimmynitz)

(jimmynitz)

*** Thanks to everyone who helped me out whether it was with pictures or information. A lot of time and effort went into this thread so PLEASE do no trash it. If you want to talk trash go elsewhere. Trolling AND spamming have absolutely no place here as this thread is for discussion relating to the topic at hand.***

And last but certainly not least, a HUGE thank you to SmokeyPufmaster for his work making sure this thread stays on track. You rock bro!

Last edited by High&Lonesome; 06-01-2007 at 06:14 PM..

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
SmokeyPufmaster

SmokeyPufmaster has disabled reputation
What a show H&L, you've out done yourself. The info is nice and compact enough that even I can understand it. Thanks for clearing everything up.

Thanks bro.

Last edited by SmokeyPufmaster; 06-01-2007 at 01:47 AM..
SmokeyPufmaster jest offline  

Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #4

seems like you've spent a lot of time and energy compling this info, great job man....

Old 06-01-2007, 01:51 AM   #5
dogsnob
DOGSDEN

dogsnob is just really nicedogsnob is just really nicedogsnob is just really nicedogsnob is just really nicedogsnob is just really nice
very interesting

Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #6
Piffington

Piffington is a jewel in the roughPiffington is a jewel in the roughPiffington is a jewel in the rough
Wow! This should be a sticky considering how many times chemdawg's lineage is questioned. Thanks for this killer informative thread. Greatly appreciated.

Edit : woops didn't see that it was already a sticky...silly me

Last edited by Piffington; 06-01-2007 at 01:54 AM..
Piffington jest offline  

Old 06-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #7
Johnny Chimpo
Smokin' the Reefer

Johnny Chimpo is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Chimpo is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Chimpo is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Chimpo is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Chimpo is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Chimpo is a splendid one to behold
Great thread H&L! It'll be great to be able to refer back to it... Time well spent.

JC
Johnny Chimpo jest offline  

Old 06-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #8
RoastedO
No Frillz

RoastedO is a jewel in the roughRoastedO is a jewel in the roughRoastedO is a jewel in the rough
Cool compilation of Chems H&L! Im laughing my ass off right now. I was looking through the pics and I saw the Chem D X P-Bud and leaned close to the screen to see it. When I did I got this skunky waff hit my nose and I was like WTF????? LMAO! Them I realized it was an open jar nearby of the ECSD but I didn't notice till I leaned down some. I first thought... DaMN that really IS some stinky stank there.. lol

All the best,
RO

Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will be brought to the light

You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
RoastedO jest offline  

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:15 AM   #9
gratefuldawg

Sweet thread man. I picked up a pack of the Chem D x ECSD IBL, which is kinda a chem x chem cross in a way. Can't wait to see what I find. That's the one I would pick outta all the Rez Chem crosses, and it's the cheapest. Still don't understand.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:19 AM   #10
norcalikush
KUSH IS MY FAVORITE BITCH SHE DONT TALK BACK

norcalikush will become famous soon enough
thanks for the cem back ground . i just got my pack of cemdog d x sour diesel ibl i would think that cross should be fire cuz they are both from the same family. i cant wate oh boy

Old 06-01-2007, 02:27 AM   #11
HocusPocus

HocusPocus is on a distinguished road
Great info!!!
HocusPocus jest offline  

Old 06-01-2007, 02:29 AM   #12
Grat3fulh3ad
The Voice of Reason

Grat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivorGrat3fulh3ad is a survivor
Killer thread H&L, great research and easy to understand delivery... and while some of the pics do inspire the desire, RoastedO, I think the Scratch-N-Sniff™ monitor is a few years out yet :wink:...

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. ... It happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." – Carl Sagan

"There is rebirth of character, but no transmigration of a self. Thy thought-forms reappear, but there is no egoentity transferred. The stanza uttered by a teacher is reborn in the scholar who repeats the words. Only through ignorance and delusion do men indulge in the dream that their souls are separate and self-existent entities.""Our thinking is gone, but our thoughts continue. Reasoning ceases, but knowledge remains." – Buddha

Last edited by Grat3fulh3ad; 06-01-2007 at 02:30 AM..
Grat3fulh3ad jest offline  

Old 06-01-2007, 02:46 AM   #13
Breezy420
What goes here?

Breezy420 is a jewel in the roughBreezy420 is a jewel in the roughBreezy420 is a jewel in the roughBreezy420 is a jewel in the rough
Awesome post H&L. It's great to have all this info in one place finally.
Breezy420 jest offline  

Old 06-01-2007, 02:55 AM   #14

right on H&L kick ass thread man.. gonna be great to finnnaly ahve all the info in one place not a million... thanks to ogd and cd for the info.. im sure more will be added to the saga at a later date...

here's some chemdawg 4

chemd

chemXpbud

chem4 vegg

chem d veg

Old 06-01-2007, 03:06 AM   #15

wow H&L, fucking a... do you realize what you have just done!!!

the rubix cube of these uber-hyped strains has now been solved... your next project is the 9/11 conspiracy.

thumbs up!

Thread Closed