What's new

D's gone hunting.........

Mister_D

Veteran
I like any crew where I can act like a dick

After all, if y'all accept me for being me.. :comfort:

No crew is complete without a high Hawaiian :biggrin:

Besides, if we all stood around and complemented each others cock size instead of ridiculing them, we'd loss that motivation to prove who's is actually bigger :laughing:

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Yo man, I never saw a thread for you in the vert section which is pretty much the only place i hang out...Anyways, even tho this is old, i love what you're working with over there. That sweet tooth looks phenomenal!

Classic Seed Berry IBL is a little dark. Was she sensitive to N?

Do you have a current thread that I can stop by and check out?

D

DHF

Yo man, I never saw a thread for you in the vert section which is pretty much the only place i hang out...Anyways, even tho this is old, i love what you're working with over there. That sweet tooth looks phenomenal!

LOL.....This IS his current thread Dabs......:moon:.....

Updates ?........

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

Mister_D

Veteran

Inbred DJ short blueberry line, so ya she's a lil sensitive to just about everything :biggrin:. Excellent strain though, very well bred.

This is it buddy :laughing:. I do have the next crop of seeds getting ready to head to flower in the next week or two. So I guess I'll probably start updating here next week. Got the ppk project underway also, probably should share that at some point too :laughing:.

LOL.....This IS his current thread Dabs...........

Updates ?........

Peace.....Freds..........

Ya I know I know, ole D's been lazy..... Next week I'll share some things :tiphat:

Thanks for trying the DSD freebies. Hope you enjoy them and would love to see pics if you have any.

I did thoroughly enjoy them :biggrin:. Sadly neither one of my keepers would reveg for me, so alas their gone. Wouldn't happen to have any more of those kicking around would ya? PM me if it's possible to acquire some. Sorry no more pics than what's in the thread already.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great proving grounds bro...

Having short term memory I keep forgetting about this show... Glad It pops up once in a blue...

I always seem to add a little something to my own thought process after being in here awhile..
Now if I could just keep it in there... Puff,puff....:biggrin:

At the cup.
Dj Short spoke about bring out the purps in the flowers by lowering the lights off temps and raising the lights on temps for a period of time...

Im coming up on day 40 myself and am going to give this a try:

AC on all day set for 65 and once lights on let it go to 83-85 for 10 days....

Right now my temps are 70/74 off - 76/78 on

Im wondering if you have heard of this concept and if so have you tried it out ya self ?

Seemed to me the high heat really brought out the colors in my last run and want the same without the stress of the straight heat...

Mister_D

Veteran
Just a little update today as I'm not feeling well. Somewhere around new years I popped another round of seeds. Due to some things outside of my control they have had kind of a rough life so far. Almost all are 100% healthy again now. Topped all but the smallest of them last week as I plan to do a bit of scrog with these. Flowering will likely start later this week.

This is the veg table as of a few days ago. The largest plants are nightmare diesel and chemmy jones mothers. Seedlings consist of:

- On the Table - most of these are sexed females.
Con Chem - Connoisseur Genetics
Pepe La Chem - Gage Green Genetics
Bluebonic - Spice of Life Seed Co.
Blue satellite - Spice of Life Seed Co.
Sweet Tooth - Deluxe Seeds

- Still in cups
Mr. Nice X Mystery - Ganja Rebel Seeds
Sour Nevada - Reservation labs
Chemmy Jones X Destroyer - My own pollen chucking
Berry Sour Creame - 40 Amps seeds
Lights Out Kush - 40 Amps seeds

picture.php

Built a scrog screen out of 3/4" PVC and hortitrellis for the ebb/flow table in the seed room. Still need to clean the table.....

picture.php

Aside from the seeds, the berry sour creame keeper from last round is starting to reveg finally.Gives me this.......

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

continued......

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
picture.php

Then I waited for what seemed like ages for this to happen overnight.

picture.php

Then it did nothing for another month....... finally last week this happens.

picture.php

I think she was so happy to be alive she started crying :biggrin:

picture.php

One of the few times I've seen sap on herb plants. Cool looking stuff.

I have another round of seeds in cups (I'll edit in the strains in a bit, forgot the list in my vehicle), and ~50 sweet tooth clones, plus a few strawberry DD, romulan, and chemmy jones. All nearly ready for transplant into the rack room.

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
SWT keeper looks bomb - big tall spears! :woohoo:

Ya she's pretty decent all around :biggrin:

Lol current my ass =D

JK, but seriously. Pics or it never happened.

Current now init' :biggrin: with pics as requested :tiphat:

Having short term memory I keep forgetting about this show... Glad It pops up once in a blue...

I always seem to add a little something to my own thought process after being in here awhile..

At the cup.
Dj Short spoke about bring out the purps in the flowers by lowering the lights off temps and raising the lights on temps for a period of time...

Im wondering if you have heard of this concept and if so have you tried it out ya self ?

Seemed to me the high heat really brought out the colors in my last run and want the same without the stress of the straight heat...

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/8XVIcTK.jpg"]View Image[/URL]

Lower lights off temps definitely brings out the colors. Never attributed high lights on temps to bringing out colors though. If DJ says it's so, that's enough for me to test the theory at least. Did he mention any loss in quality as a result of the higher than normal temps? How about humidty, was that also raised to compensate for the VPD? Those would be my main concerns/questions.

D

DHF

At the cup.

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/8XVIcTK.jpg"]View Image[/URL]
AD.......I`ve only been screamin that same shit for yrs and yet you`ve never read any of my posts on said subject ?....:moon:.....but....

The ONLY way ta do it without fuckin with late swellage is to wait till the last 10 days or so strain dependent , and jack the heat up lights on to make em pump more resin as a survival mechanism , and then to drop temps to assist in killing off chlorophyll stored so the colors will come on out from the inherent anthocyanin in EVERY dope plant strain dependent on how much they`ll color up though.....now.....

Pretty sure I posted that shit again not too long ago in the side by side experiments category when I said you raped yo bitches too much in the defol thread , but it was in the other thread next to it on drying in the dark or light if memory serves on my old ass....

Guess it takes DJ fuckin Short to scream it before folks actually listen to time tested and proven "Freds techniques"...LOL....anyways.....

There`s my boy with updates....Always showin off Dbro......Sorry ta hear yas ain`t doin too well here lately my buddy.....Take it slow and feel better....and.....

Roll on....Freds....:ying:

Mister_D

Veteran
AD.......I`ve only been screamin that same shit for yrs and yet you`ve never read any of my posts on said subject ?........but....

The ONLY way ta do it without fuckin with late swellage is to wait till the last 10 days or so strain dependent , and jack the heat up lights on to make em pump more resin as a survival mechanism , and then to drop temps to assist in killing off chlorophyll stored so the colors will come on out from the inherent anthocyanin in EVERY dope plant strain dependent on how much they`ll color up though.....now.....

Pretty sure I posted that shit again not too long ago in the side by side experiments category when I said you raped yo bitches too much in the defol thread , but it was in the other thread next to it on drying in the dark or light if memory serves on my old ass....

Guess it takes DJ fuckin Short to scream it before folks actually listen to time tested and proven "Freds techniques"...LOL....anyways.....

There`s my boy with updates....Always showin off Dbro......Sorry ta hear yas ain`t doin too well here lately my buddy.....Take it slow and feel better....and.....

Roll on....Freds....:ying:

Shit freds I've been reading your posts FOREVER, and this lil tidbit has apparently never soaked in :booked: Damn near 20 years later and you're still teaching me things, :respect: bro :friends:. On the flip side of not feeling good. I feel damn good considering some prick t-boned my car at about 30 MPH. Though sadly that's still a far cry from 100% :moon:. Putting the sour bubble and chemmy jones through the pain test however, so it's not all bad.

Last edited:

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya she's pretty decent all around

Current now init' with pics as requested

Lower lights off temps definitely brings out the colors. Never attributed high lights on temps to bringing out colors though. If DJ says it's so, that's enough for me to test the theory at least. Did he mention any loss in quality as a result of the higher than normal temps? How about humidty, was that also raised to compensate for the VPD? Those would be my main concerns/questions.

That was the problem,he gave an idea and no details...
AD.......I`ve only been screamin that same shit for yrs and yet you`ve never read any of my posts on said subject ?.........but....

Roll on....Freds....

The man in the know...Nice!
Thanks fed... Solid nugs o knowledge...
One way or another if read, it never clicked...
I get a little 1 track frame of mind and if in the defoliating thread im not thinking colors..lol
I've been wondering about the colors that came off my last run and was pretty sure it was due to the heat... I had not gotten around to investigating the theory but imagined Id come across a little DHF wisdom on the subject...

Thanks for saving me a thread search or 2...:dance013:

Soooo....
I might be taking a little far ? A little early...lol

So no need to play with temp day 40-50... Good to know...
Waiting till more like day 60-70 depending on how they look...
Then again im running seed packed buds and I believe they will finish sooner than clean ladies and no real need for hardcore colors beyond making for good pictures...

How high of temps are we talking ?
Im pegged solid at 76 lights on ATM...

Shit freds I've reading your posts FOREVER, and this lil tidbit has apparently never soaked in Damn near 20 years later and you're still teaching me things, :respect: bro :friends:. On the flip side of not feeling good. I feel damn good considering some prick t-boned my car at about 30 MPH. Though sadly that's still a far cry from 100% :moon:. Putting the sour bubble and chemmy jones through the pain test however, so it's not all bad.

Hope you feel better bro....

I tee boned at little Toyota truck with a motorcycle once...
Spiting lanes at a red light. A truck pull across lanes from a parking lot.Bam... 20-25 mph.. caved in his passenger door and flipped over the handle bars-helmet hitting his truck... The bike was crammed into the trucks side.... standing on it's own... I pulled the bike out and was able to get it over to the parking lot.Started giving info and dude was cussing me out in Spanish...No English speaking around these parts... So... I had enough and gave him john doe lis # 123fu456 and took off as I had a job interview to get ta... Handle bars pointed hard right in order to go straight... Oh the memories.... haha...

Left him with his truck looking like a crushed coke can and unable to move... Would have stayed and done right,but cuss at me in another language to boot... Ain't got time for that shit.... Varoom ...

Feel better bro and damn those are some beautiful ladies you gots...

D

DHF

My old ass can`t send said post from side by side experiments category to here due to my puter illiteracy cuz I just tried , so just go look at the thread drying in light or dark Dbro...

It`s a little more in depth for the cat I was tryin ta help , and explains how I learned that it works , well over 32 yrs ago ....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

Mister_D

Veteran
My old ass can`t send said post from side by side experiments category to here due to my puter illiteracy cuz I just tried , so just go look at the thread drying in light or dark Dbro...

It`s a little more in depth for the cat I was tryin ta help , and explains how I learned that it works , well over 32 yrs ago ....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

On my way to check it out :tiphat:. Back from reading with a couple questions. You just say "raising the temps" How much were you raising the temps? What about humidity? Any change from the normal 50% or less for the end of flower? Anything else special that might have been going on?

Last edited:
D

DHF

On my way to check it out :tiphat:. Back from reading with a couple questions. You just say "raising the temps" How much were you raising the temps? What about humidity? Any change from the normal 50% or less for the end of flower? Anything else special that might have been going on?
I never was able to get my RH below 50% Bro....

Maybe 45% in full winter on the finishing rooms , but where you are droppin temps AND RH lights off could possibly be more of an antagonist to assist in chlorophyll degradation right before Harvey than how I was able to torture em , but it`s in the doin and sein right Bro ?...

I will say this....KNOW how much yo bitches are supposed to produce each run consistently , and note their full swellage before chop so once you attempt departures away from the norm in ambient temps.....

This way you`ll know the FIRST time you torture them bitches in late bloomage if it affects your bottom line returns , but I`d imagine the difference in weight if there was in fact a difference , could possibly be offset by increase in price for the increase in terpene and flavor profiles with chlorophyll all but gone BEFORE the proper dry and cure process....

Them Podunk-ville rednecks that got my shit never knew how good they had it for all those yrs.....LOL...anyways....as I said in that other thread.....

KNOW yo bitches and be able to dial all variables of environment before torturing plants to kill chlorophyll on the vine before end of cycle....

I know you`ll have no problems Dbro , but the caution signal`s for all else that wanna attempt intermediate grower skill techniques without knowing about perfect environment and full knowledge of each strain`s requirements for full dialage......

Peace....Freds.... :ying:....

Edit:....Lights on temps were raised by turning down speed controllers on intake fans , and letting the dehuey`s inside the grow areas as extras turn on and get shit in the low 90`s and lil higher season dependent....sorry I missed that .....but if they started acting up , I`d dial temps back....all about doin it and seein first hand...once done , you can employ the shit every run IF you monocrop......

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
I owe you some rep as usual freds :respect:. I'm going to play with this idea once I'm a bit more dialed at this spot.

D

DHF

My dehuey`s were mounted "thru-wall" where all heatgain stayed outside the fliprooms , so closing the hatch and setting em in the corners sideways made for easy heating the rooms up Dbro.....

As stated above and in that other thread , do all temp raises and lowerings gradually every 12 hrs cuz as you well know , some strains are more temp sensitive than others....anyways....

Just something ta play with when yas get bored....Sorry bout the idiot t-bonin that ass......Heal fast my buddy.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:....