What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

bibi40

today batch ,

three way strains : Strawberry banana - Maestro - Skywalker Og

will try to let it dry/aged in pollen form before work it , like morrocans do :

IMG_2861.JPG

left to right :

73/25 mic - 160/73 mic - 220/160 mic

:tiphat:

bibi40

usually i let it dry like this 1 to 3 days then put in in powder by hand , then redry it before work it in final form ,
can anyone said me if it' s better to microplane it , and why , since for me it' s the same thing to do it by hand ?

thanks !

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
The thing to watch for is mould. A lump of wet hash can get mouldy surprisingly fast. I lost most of a hunk of Cheese bubble that I made to mould. The outside gets a white powder on it . . . That is why I switched to microplanning, so it would dry more efficiently. You can also just force it through a kitchen sieve. After I scoop the lump, I quickly form it into a shape and I freeze it for a day to make it easier to plane. These are all tips I got from a bubbleman/Remo video.

bibi40

The thing to watch for is mould. A lump of wet hash can get mouldy surprisingly fast. I lost most of a hunk of Cheese bubble that I made to mould. The outside gets a white powder on it . . . That is why I switched to microplanning, so it would dry more efficiently. You can also just force it through a kitchen sieve. After I scoop the lump, I quickly form it into a shape and I freeze it for a day to make it easier to plane. These are all tips I got from a bubbleman/Remo video.
i understand about the mold for sure ,
from my side i just grind it between my finger , it' s easy when it' s a bit wet ,
but if you freeze it i guess you need to do like this ,

just did that 4 hours ago and already a great color change due to dryin ,
that' s the 73/25 mic :

IMG_2866.JPG

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Here is the video I mentioned. It is bubbleman with urbanrremo (Remo Nutrients) as his assistant. It is worth a watch.

bibi40

And did you sample any? I l know you did . . . ;)
yes .... you know ... ;)

i retry the january one - Maestro auto hash - ,
i did retry the 220/160 mic with 30% Bho added ,

it' s exquisite , the bho really add power and something in the taste ,
was worried about some harsh taste when i made it , but it' s really not the case , very good .

and i did try the january 73/25 from same batch which was really strong , insane , did smoke it in the morning , and really it slowest all my day , don't smoke that before work ...
taste was good , bud lack of something , i guess few monthes of cure more will be great !

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Thats a nice coconut hashball he's pulling out of the bag.

Yup. And did everybody catch the warning . . .

warning.jpg

I don't know how he comes up with his numbers but I scoop my prime goodness out of the bag wet and never squeeze it in the bag. I squeeze the water out by slopping it on a 25u blotter on a towel and then folding the blotter over to squeeze. When I open it, it is already getting sticky and so you have to immediately loosen it and shape it or it starts sticking to the blotter and it is a bitch to work with. I wouldn't want that in a bag . . .

I shape it in rectangles for shaving.

Latest posts

Latest posts