What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Grow Diary

Dr Watt

Who What
Nutty

Nutty

I didn't stick with Barney's Blueberry OG due to crowding. These plants are like BB/Critical x Blueberry .... and the smoke is a SUPERIOR quality high that does lack a bit of body but wins against tolerance.

Blueberry OG plant is mediumtall and all phenos produce well.... big bud, skunk phenos and a more Blueberry pheno whose leaves turned lavender. This plant was very strong, could work outside, grew taller than the other phenos with strong trunk. I'd say it is mold resistant and had no problems. It also produced large sized bud with big resin quickly. Dried bud is medium weight, medium low body effect and an excellent high ! Recommended.

Barney's Peyote Critical is a very floppy plant, with mint taste to the smoke. A darker indica that I reckon also has Blueberry genes due to the leaf decaying colours of lavender with black streaks - good smoke nice for a change. I was dissapointed with SM's Cheese freebie that is not strong enough smoke without cheese - the Peyote Critical is worthwhile.

This Dr prefers a 'Nutty' smoke like Critical Rapido Auto or this female seeds WW/BB >

picture.php

Chow for Now :wave:

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Skiing

Skiing

Whew ! watt a ride. It is snowing downunder ! and Dr Watt is hearing rain fall - right now !

Growing takes a lot of time... and at the end you have a lot of personal weed. Even a f/t worker could overchuff overnight..... jeopardising their livelihood..... It is no wonder that most people should opt to buy a g/day..... ok.

Now on with the show !

IT STARTS HERE :
picture.php

THEN HERE @ 9 DYS
picture.php

THEN HERE @ 33 DYS
picture.php

THEN HERE
picture.php

AND HERE
picture.php

@ 7 weeks 12/12. The next photo should be of 6 months dried bud bringing the total time to over 10 months.

I have 36ft2 (6ftx6ft) under bloom which is actually quite moderate. Electricity is way higher than many homes - costing $10 to %15 per day and I do keep below 50kw per day... 10ftx10ft would use mo juice.

Further discussion on Gardener's Cure, real gardener's cure lasts until solution !!!! And so it is in this case : I have removed some white reflective material from the ceiling of my boxes AND I'M USING HEAT SHIELDS, now 25watts per foot, I hope this is sufficient.

Let me ski back outta frame :

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel

Weed Wheel

The Peyote Critical yields well and could be cropped at 6 weeks. No photos but I'm smoking it right now - mint taste included. It is a floppy plant but like I said it is a good yielder - recommended.

On with current progress.
picture.php

So far the Bubblegum haven't shown much. They smell of sweet catpiss, maybe, some indica style resin. The bogbubble smelt of bubblegum during the grow, not so much in the smoke itself, which was smooth.

I was just expecting BG smell in the grow, they are at 6 weeks and so may show something more. As to phenos, there is one distinctly more sativa with crinkle serrated leafs (#9), the two more indica #5 #6 have some trouble rooting but are a bit bigger @ 6wks.
picture.php

8wks 3dys
The PPP x 4 have done better than before - good lower weight.
picture.php

This Cheese (sm freebie) HAS blown up all over !
picture.php

The SSK on the Tray / Wall is late and lacks volume. It tends to overfeed and is currently chewing through some water.
picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
msnl's

msnl's

I'll venture that the Bub Gum I have will not show any Bubblegum. They are still quality plants but the buds look like they won't weigh a tonne. They are in .5 litre pots, irrigated every 15 minutes, 870/6.5, 6ml Pt B on 10 ft per day !

The pH had dropped too low a couple of weeks ago so I renewed the rez..... the reasoning is that later in Bloom the pH drops with persistance.

I do predict that the msnl Bubblegum will be a good indica style smoke, even the Sativa (which is located at the Left Rear) but there will be no Bubblegum, SURELY ! I've even thought msnl seed company may have sent the wrong seeds because it was meant to be Bubblegum Regular but all 9 plants were female !

Next I'd like to move onto MSNL's unlabelled freebies. Hope. Hope. Should I germinate these 10 seeds with hope of one special PHENO ? Should I be wary of TRICk pLANTs that are too tall and yield too small ?

Anyway, the Super Skunk that msnl writes as THE sensi Super Skunk of late 80's was bullshit. They should have said it is the Super Skunk improved with Blueberry !!!! I'll say msnl Super Skunk is a good plant, even though I haven't smoked any yet.

:skiiing:

Dr Watt

Who What

The Bubblegum has a luscious smell. One pheno is still growing with many white pistils, maybe a standout plant. I wouldn't say they root quickly. I've just given some water to up the pH, and had finished fedding, pH 6 to pH 6.5 with drop in mineral solids. Gave some rtx also to get them to do more.

picture.php

#5 BG pheno still growing >>>
picture.php

I enjoy this pheno hunt. Cant keep to many mothers in a 10ft Gen, so far the ppp have been excellent and can improve alot. The BG has a good smell :joint:

Dr Watt

Dr Watt

Who What
BUBBLEGUM

BUBBLEGUM

I'm doing the last seed run of BG TWICE !! ; just like I said....

picture.php

the larger pot is a duplicate of #5.

The A Box isn't doing well, they continued to get burnt, and due to the pH drop that accompanies excesses, I had to refresh the rez >> low mineral solids. I've upped lowering light intensity but the 4ft headroom is a limitation. I can't remove the shelf because I'd have to pull nails from a flat surface and this would damage the shelving.

Had to book into reception at the Gym and my landlords wife was working there, she recognized me and mentioned they wanted to inspect the property. They will send a letter.

I don't want to pack up the table. The table is behind the door in a room I can clear .... but not open the curtains due to Panda Planstic over the whole window (white to outside works well!). This will keep it dark and I HOPE a look into a clean room, considering it will be seen after living room, kitchen, shower with the bedroom opposite with curtains full open.

My three closet grows are cool cos they not allowed to inspect wardrobes etc and aren't interested, or shouldn't be ....... I will lock them closed !!!!!!!!! >>> better landlord says "This door is jammed" than "Whew!!!" as he sees a box full of pot.

I do maintain the garden well and have carpet 'drop mats' where I sit and at footfall locations which is recommended.

Dr Watt

Who What
Super Skunk Blueberry Swell

Super Skunk Blueberry Swell

Sending this burnt plant to the bath for 2 weeks has produced results. The tray was cropped at 9.5wks so this plant will go 12 WEEKS 12/12 !!!!!!!

MSNL Super Skunk 'mixed' pheno :

picture.php

picture.php

This plant will give at least 3oz. As I got 19oz from the table this run produced .75g/w under 2x400wHPS. I still think PPP is 'ONE BONG GEAR' ! and so this is a good result.

From Box A I"ve kept one Bubblegum Pheno (#5), it had more roots and kept flowering for longer, and could do well in a dedicated grow.

:wave:

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel or Weed Hill

Weed Wheel or Weed Hill

Cropped the msnl Super Skunk (blueberry cross) after over 12 weeks - good yield.

Female Seeds Skunk Special purchased these seeds almost 2.5 years ago.
picture.php

picture.php

PPP 1 and PPP3
picture.php

some msnl Super Skunk and Bub Gum
picture.php

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Wheel or Weed Hill continued

Weed Wheel or Weed Hill continued

and a new tray of PPP1 PPP3 (larger) over 9 Bub Gum
picture.php

as you can see the GenHydro one part grow food is working ! My attempts at amending Bloom food with CalNit lacked P ....
picture.php

Looking into dumping lots of either Calcium Carbonate or Dolomite Lime into a Drum 'o Water to up the pH.....

Almost forgot :

Two in the Pink,
One in the Brown !

Dr Watt

Who What
Weed Hill

Weed Hill

:gday:

The 3/4 of the 2.5 year Skunk Special are showing roots

I found a disused train line that had a station named Dr Watt, which is my real life name. The train line runs in Central Victoria, near to where I live now. The next news is that a Bro' of mine has just successfully tested his patent idea which is a new method using combustive force. Unfortunately, my advice licencing this for $$$ now to fund further works has fallen on deaf ears, and the fellow now is musing how to raise another $125,000 or more (i dunno) to make a final product himself, from scratch, no shed, let alone range and tech..... My 1st thought he'd want to or find himself trying to create a 'piece' using this patent idea, but I expected to sell it first for money, funnily now, it will turn into "I need money, I'll have to accept investors if the family doesn't 'lend' me the money. Well, within his family over $500,000AUD could be withdrawn and handed to him- but it wont !

BECAUSE A person who has money spare to "invest" doesn't need the income. A person who has no extra money 1. can't supply much and 2. wants returns soon. Anyway Gyp, Dr Dee this idea is worth about $200, so let's all get ready for you to help the fuck outta me tommorrow :wink: Why tell me ? Nothing actually - there is no nexus. I just expect mega bucks within a decade and a weed farm looks likely. I do want to say now, that I'd like to grow for a Weed Cafe (netherlands style) and have a friend who owns and sets up and runs Hotels Nightclubs etc ..... so my ambition is to supply 2-3 weed cafes in Melbourne when Weed Cafe's become legal. This may not require a farm - I want to stay Cottage - but this is Watt probably will happen.

Hey check this out : https://www.belushisfarm.com/ Let it load and then scroll down. Finally, I also understand what's this got to do with me ? If a venture can hit cultural narratives (for instance it tees up with cinema) then it can be so much part of where you live that it is relevant to you - I hope for FFFFFFF excellence and will have to got my F game going by drawing on my F Pedigree and experience as a child.

Dr Watt

Who What
So Easy !

So Easy !

These Skunk Special (female seeds) are 2.5 years old !!!

picture.php

I'm incubating them for humidity / warmth :

picture.php

The msnl Super Skunk (w/ Blueberry). Under scope the resin is fully mature, albeit small; I don't think it will smoke strong enough but we'll see - and I'll tell you later too :

picture.php

Buds could've got bigger but not bad yield for one plant. :

picture.php

The Tray with tall PPP x2 plus 8x Bub Gum :

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Smart(er) Cat

Smart(er) Cat

I think the family could raise $200,000 which is less than .5 mill; relatives aren't going to sell property or cash out retirement savings. Thought it sounded a bit rich - those that have to give don't want anything !!!!!!

Anyway, the msnl Bubblegum have dissapointed so far. I'd admit my conditions weren't perfect - lack of grow food and too much light early - contributed. If a plant doesn't grow out the weed can be awful !

picture.php

The Super Skunk (front) has again lacked expansion. They are on 'no' food for 7days now @ week 8. Gave some rtx to get more maybe. The BG #9 had some 'dampening off' of its leaves so I gave some monochloride :

picture.php

The last Cat stunt was another entertainment. I was busy getting annoyed at the pathetic 'weed in bag jitter' and musing on youth weed addition memes and how that scene didn't work when I scrolled to the next cat act which was a STUNT !!

Smarter looking cat fo' sure.

Chow for now
:wave:

Dr Watt

Who What
Hey guys ! Check out my new bong !!!!

picture.php

It is an AGUNG. It is a lot heavier than the 26cm Agung Teardrop and it is 8cm taller. It is named a Handgrip w/ Colour Lines but I reckon it looks like an Octopus. It is a very good bong. I put a rubber 1.5" seal so it is easy to pick up. The top looks more like a cock than my other bong. Ha Ha.

picture.php

I've used the Teardop (edit) for 1154 days

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Belushi Farm(s)

Belushi Farm(s)

The belushi farm(s) looks good. I'd be surprised if the land cost less than multiple millions, being on a river in Oregon, very picturesque. Anyway, Jim B is pulling in the media, and was in the Australian Nimbin Times WeedNews, for another big showup by him.

By his own admission he started in 2012, I'd say he knew how to grow by 2015, now is 5 years on and like most larger growers, he can grow......

which is no secret really, because if one couldn't figure it out, then you'd hire a "Head Grower" and learn from him, also if you had a lot of friends, you could get a lot of tips by word of mouth (bit quicker than Web Guess).

Dr Watt

Who What
G'DAy G'Day G'day Again

G'DAy G'Day G'day Again

I have just germed some msnl OG seeds. They look good.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a side by side of my Agung Teardrop used, as stated, for 1154 continuous days !!!!!!!!! Great bong I reckon, so easy to pick up. The rubber base is SUPER secure and probably ensures the bong will never break in hot to cold water.

A better design would be pyramid shaped bong water rez which would act as a great stand. As you can see, I do use metal fittings, I haven't gone to glass fittings 'cos I've never seen them in use and don't know how the bowl size works out. A super large bowl to smoke rough cut bud lets air through so you never finish the bong !

picture.php

Chow for now

Dr Watt

Who What
I just purchases some seeds. Good.

With seedsmen. Good.

The site accepted my card. Good.

The money was transferred to a Chinese based bank. Good.

Since then I haven't been able to use the card for any purchases !

The chinese bank account has been identified as NOT GOOD ALREADY !!!!!!

Last edited: