What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dr Watt's Grow Diary

Dr Watt

Who What
BUBBLEGUM

BUBBLEGUM

The Good News is that this happened with 12 hours >>>

picture.php

and progress is being made in each box >>>

picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Me Mits and Gloves to Handle the Wire

Me Mits and Gloves to Handle the Wire

This may seem off but please bear with me.

In society some people engage in Anal Sex, one book I read said it was 20%.... Why ? Answers below are why it feels right - due to frustration, confusion > in-ground stupidity >>>

(The Guardian https :// www.theguardian.com/ lifeandstyle/2008/mar/01/diy.homes13 ) >>>

Quote that confuses : "L1" is the terminal to which the neutral core wire is attached - the blue wire (traditionally black, before the change). "COM" or "Common" is the terminal to which the live core wire is attached - this is the brown wire (formerly red)." The 'article' then tells who all this should be connected to the earth....

Core Quote Shite : "COM" or "Common" is the terminal to which the live core wire is attached

Dr Watt Answers : The Guardian has misused the nomenclature to mean COMMON live. Normally, COM is the common return and it 'can' be live depending on device return to grid. It is common because all lights/pumps etc are all common (wired together) at their backside !!! back to the grid

Common People > Pulp

https://youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Lit by Watt

Lit by Watt

Well Howdee my fellow Grower(s) and readers. How dee !

First there was Art by Watt now get this :

LIT by Watt

That's right Litigation by yours truly Dr Watt, me.

The forum is VCAT, the victiorian civil and administrative tribunal.

The item is a $50Aud Quartic Timer. Here is the email to and fro after my product return request :

Hi Dear, Thanks so much for your contact.really sorry for the inconvenience.could you please send us some pictures or a short video of the defective product? we will report your problem to our technician to see if they could solve your problem.and then give you a right solution as soon as possible. Please check the picture we attached to find our mailings address. Best Regards,

So I sent this picture :

It has been packed up - unwired ..... I have tested it already and they should check it out when they receive it. They have the illusion that I need to supply a photo to return the goods - I do not !

AND THEN THEY WANTED A MOVIE !

Hi Dear, Thank you very much for your fast reply. is it okay for you that show us some picture of no output Poles A and C and no Relay light works when you Pluging in ? we will arrange the new shipment for you right away after we received your pictures. Best Regards,

I replied as follows to their MOVIE REQUEST :

I am initiating proceeding in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. This is a Legal Court in the State of Victoria, Australia.

My claim is for $103.50.

I contend and can prove that you have breached both Victorian Consumer Law and the Commonwealth of Australia's Trade Practices Act.

You may settle this matter now and avoid a negative Court Judgement.

Dr Watt
email@bigpond.com.au

Guess what their reply was ? >>>>

So sorry for the inconvenience.is it that okay for you if we reship you a new product for a replacement immediatetly ? and if it is possible,could you please provide us a short video of the defective product when you have free time?

Another Movie request so I replied >>>

Please inform me of Inkbird Australia : Email, Phone Number, Company Name, Australian Office Address, and Australian ABN if applicable
Will you be using a Lawyer at the VCAT hearing ?
These are all requirements of the VCAT hearing so that they can contact Inkbird. You will be held to account for failure to provide the above information.
Naturally, as business is conducted in Australia, only English speakers both here or in China are acceptable.
Thankyou.

and then they said (abbreviated) :

you want to return the product to us is it right ?
And you sending this message to let us know that provide you a return address is it right?

so I replied >>>>

I am initiating proceeding in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. This is a Legal Court in the State of Victoria, Australia.

My claim is for $103.50.

I contend and can prove that you have breached both Victorian Consumer Law and the Commonwealth of Australia's Trade Practices Act.

You may settle this matter now and avoid a negative Court Judgement.

to which they said :

if we reship you a new product for a replacement immediatetly ? and if it is possible,could you please provide us a short video of the defective product when you have free time

again with the movie requests, so I replied >>>

Dear Inkbird trading as gooasis on ebay,

Your offer of a replacement piece is rejected.

My claim is for $103.50 Australian.

Please inform me of Inkbird Australia's : Email, Phone Number, Company Name, Australian Office Address, and Australian ABN if applicable

You will be held to account for failure to provide the above information or, in any other way, if the Tribunal decides that you are obstructing.

so they sent this :

you want to return the product to us is it right ?
And you sending this message to let us know that provide you a return address is it right?

to which I replied :

You have not provided me with InkBird's Company details (Australian Address, Name, Email, Phone, ABN) this is required by the Tribunal so they can inform you when to appear at the court.

For your convenience a copy of the original emails are included in this email and appear below.

Phew, luckily some categories of residents of Oz are VCAT fee exempt. Funnily one exempt category is Prisoners in Jail. Amusing.

THE ENVELOPE USED TO SENT THE QUARTIC TIMER HAS A "IF NOT DELIVERED" RETURN TO INKBIRD, CHULLORA, NSW (which is there warehouse and incidentally on the us site they claim Mexico, Germany, Australia has Warehouses).

Without this return address you could never "find" the retailer, in no small part, due to Ebay's site and protection of the seller which has become absurd. For instance, bad reviews aren't posted, I have tried. The mini motherboards timers came form Bee Studios and you can only speculate :

1. Selling broken stuff on ebay that they got "free if you pickup"

2. Larger scale rip-off or even Industrial product flooding then it becomes a corporations and trade practices offence >>>> from consumer protection law to the Corporations Act >>>>

and one thing is certain !!!

a company HAS TO PROVIDE ITS TRADING NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS :laughing:

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
.... u may wonder why I informed them so many times about the VCAT .....

the Ebay email history didn't include my threats to sue ! Either 'cos they were in reply, in reply in email outside Ebay, or trailed off the bottom of the email history list.

So it goes like this: They ask for a MOVIE then I tell em the court thing, then they say again, then I do, then I do again in reply later when it isn't in the email history 'transcript'.

Cheers and my Tray is booming BIG HOPES ONCE AGAIN (X10)

photos loaded in ICMAG and ready to go !!!!!!!

Dr Watt

Who What
Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th, I HAD to DO something to mark the occasion, so I sent this to the other side >>>>

"I'd like to have this Quartic Timer audited by an Electrical Engineer because I think the product is incomplete. This will cost $100 AUD.

As the Tribunal has the power to award me (the Plaintiff) $ for expenses related to the case it follows that if you were to offer me $103.50 now I could not accept it.

If you offered me $203.50 I would have the device audited and continue with the motion in the Tribunal. The VCAT Tribunal and the Australian Competition and Consumer Conmmission need to have these cases brought to their attention.

I will be submitting my VCAT application by Monday 16 March 2020.

I remind you that as an entity conducting business in Australia you must provide contact details so the tribunal can communicate to you.

Yours Sincerely,

Dr Watt."

Dr Watt

Who What
Wiring Diagram > COM is LIVE !

Wiring Diagram > COM is LIVE !

They finally give the wiring diagram showing unconventional wiring. I assumed The Timer Device would split a single live internally, this reduces external wiring.

The fact is you need to split the wall Live into two and wire 2 x live wires to this device.

Anyway here is the shit they wrote to me :

Hi Dear,

So sorry to hear that the defective of product.and we have already reported your problem to our technican which said that there is no voltage output when the relay is not connected to the voltage. it might be get something wrong with the way of wiring diagram.
could you please as follow our wiring steps to try it again? (Please check the picture we attached).

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

picture.php

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
AM I TOO SMART ?

AM I TOO SMART ?

A few days into 12/12

picture.php

7.5 weeks PPPlantlet
picture.php

Always good resin with PPP and strong !
picture.php

I could believe this will go big (for the tenth time .......

Amusingly tasted the rez and the dreaded rotten wood bitter taste was there. What thought the Watt, sure enough a Cheese 3 at the back is rotting pretty good.

I'm sticking with it 'cos it is doing well up top and I got a good yield with a NL Auto that did the same thing. Some plants pick it up and some don't. The symptom is a brown wood at the stem base, it's better green and waxy, that gets sodden. Definitely a risk for other plants.

picture.php

Regarding the Timer. Seeing that I now have a working timer and a full refund I cannot take this matter the the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT), my matter was going in the Civil section.

The total failure of Inkbird Company to give address etc is completely completely contary to the Corporations Law - straight off. It applies to people as well - but only sometimes - for instance you HAVE to give your name and address to Police.

So we come to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). It is not a court. It brings lawsuits against companies for failing to comply with the Trade Practice law (now renamed to The Competition and Consumer Act 2010).

So this ACCC takes in complaints and then, District Attorney style, sues Companies in the Federal Court of Australia (which is the do all court for non states) - where penalties are handed out.

Here's the complaint form page at the ACCC site.

https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/report-a-consumer-issue

Should I report these guys for being SO SMART !

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
Am I an Ace ?

Am I an Ace ?

Well, my hopes for a 10th time may be just started to be dashed. My REZ has gone CLOUDY ! after applying 3-4 drops of Rootex per ready to bloom plant around 12/12 ..... Rooted ?

I don't think 3-4 drops per sized plant is too much.
I don't give much B at this stage so this is one idea.
Two times occurred during marked increased light.

Third time is current Tray @ 4wks. They too have been fed more Pt A prior to now. I am giving 15ml of Canna Flores B onto a 20sqft tray full of dark green plants. The light has remained constant here.

Last component is in all instances there is a very high pH. Now, different food inputs can either increase or decrease pH but most growers use pH down (phosphoric acid), so you could say, for most home growers, that Rez pH corresponds to pH down inputs. Did you know that plants store Phosphorous ?

Current crop (last photo @ 7.5wks), around 12/12, and all the roots outside the net pots turned brown and the rez went cloudy. I stuck with the rez, gave some pricey monochloride to be safe, and the plants cleaned up the water to clear within 10 days. In the current fiasco on the Tray AND in Box A it happening within days could be some pathogen also. Toughie.

Hey ! I also filed a complaint with the ACCC, does this make me an ACE ? Well, it is rare we bother to put 10 hours into such a matter ..... it will take less time NEXT TIME someone is TOO SMART ! :TREE:

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
TWO LIVE !

TWO LIVE !

To anyone who "READ THE THREAD" :

Terminal Arrangement

The diagram shows that the Com (port) between the NO NC (not on, not closed) is LIVE !

Either the exception in play or I was wrong !!! Me wrong ????

Reason is that the live goes into THE relay which reduces internal wiring and running a second live powers the Stop Halt Start functions .... imo >>>

anyway this wiring is now external.

Running Sestos timer : controls are excellent - you don't have to scroll, and the device is small ...

COM is LIVE !

Dr Watt

Who What
Down Down Down!

Down Down Down!

A wardrobe full of Super Skunk and Cheese :

A box full of Cheese :

Bubblegum. 18 days since germination, they have been slow in RW. I put them under the dome and they have lived and grown roots. Today, wrapped all 8 pots in freezer bags. They will have to live without humididome because I've got more PPP cuts to do.

This is The Tray or The Wall, 20sqft of Duralex tray, 6 PPP Plants and 2 Cheese @ 5 weeks and 1 day 12/12. I have just finished giving them the last of Part B food and two days medium rtx the pH has fallen from 7.0 to 6.0 with just the pH input to correct 1 litre of water. My mineral solids are at 1700 - high i know. I added 42 ml of Cali Magic in the theory that all the B has ready N to work with - plus there is Calcium in it. Problem is the plants are dark - but if the 16+litres of water added already don't work then I'll drain the rez. The last rtx was 3 days ago, in a mas or more mood, i gave them more today ......
picture.php

Who ?

What ?

Last edited:

Dr Watt

Who What
I drained the Rez.

At least my ppm is now 700 not 1700. I've added Pt A (N+Ca) at this stage when I'd underfed but never to influence pH up. I expect it will require an longer cure to improve taste..... I am hoping they grow massive and use it all up ! :tree:

Dr Watt

Who What
Super Skunk Tall wit Balls

Super Skunk Tall wit Balls

My tall pheno SSK is male. The plant is sparse in limb and stretchy. It looks like a strong budder. I've got a clone and get help with pollen. Budding this plant will only yield pollen too early.

Of the other two one is going gigantuam and the 2nd swelled with many thick risers and it has stopped stretching. So my SSK Pheno 1 looks like a manageable producer of bud !

Here's the male.
picture.php

Dr Watt

Who What
Is this Keep Going ?

Is this Keep Going ?

G'day,

picture.php

and in the respectable jungle >

picture.php

This is at 6 weeks so I am happy..... and a case of this from that >>

@ 10dys : Cheese 3 and 2 Super Skunks. Both Super Skunks seed plants are a bit tall, one more so.

Pre Bloom Cheese 3. There are 6 plants in 6ft there.

The msnl bubblegum (center) have lived. They will now thrive. I've found CaNit and pH down works and quickly. Also in there is : 1 Super Skunk (i got rid of the tall one), Cheese3 Mother that keeps growing, so far it is still youngish, and 2 phenos of PPP - my keepers. In the Cloner lots of PPP and Super Skunk mother copies.

Cheers.

Dr Watt

Who What
My Big Eye : Their Big Photo

My Big Eye : Their Big Photo

Here's my "A" closet. The Super Skunks are left front and right rear. They are looking similar now. The left one looks thicker with different smell.

I think this might be my best gram/watt return and they look huge to my eyes at 7 weeks..... but in photo they don't look 'BIG'. Had them on water with little pH down, 5ml calimagic yesterday, and a huge dose of rtx, with tiny bit of pt B. They are drinking about 5 litres a day - 8 plants 20 ft. They are getting watered now every 30 minutes - with one 4mm line only per plant ! They do like being less 'wet' at the feet when you match the rates but easiest is more flow. I'm still learning. I range automatic waterings from 6 hours to 20 minutes. It may be a while before I test watering times conclusively 'cos you need to be familiar with the plant and have a set grow routine. Anywho >>

The colour correction worked quite well showing the green (Coolpix s2900) :

picture.php

My bubblegum are coming along nicely.

Latest posts

Latest posts