What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you even OGKB 2.0 Bro??? Let them eat Cookies!

Bmac1

Veteran
Im seeing a bit less filling out under the LED as well and I think its the intensity. Some of the buds 2-3 nodes down are bigger than the tops despite no visible signs of light stress. Its better in my second run but ill go a bit higher still for the 3rd.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I cant say it the leds. I ran glue and stardawg next to it and had massive buds. But i will say my biggest nugs of it have come from a semi sog with minimal superceopping under cmh. I think i just didnt cleanit up enough on this one.

Robney

Glad to hear you're liking her Sturgeon. I figured since you were always running the forum cut it would be interesting to see what you think. Do you like the 2.0 more or will the forum cut forever be your favorite?

I also don't think it's the LEDs. One of my nicer 2.0 bushes with larger tops came from under one of the hlg quantum boards. It's not the best photo, but here she is

ogkb-2.0---plant-shot.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	ogkb-2.0---plant-shot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	17867795

It's like other cookie cuts like forum, they're sensitive to light and they prefer lower intensity light. Even though LEDs are running at a lower wattage, they can still put out really intense light. I think with cmh or hps you'd see tops suffering from heat stress so you'd know to keep them lower. With LEDs that same heat isn't there, so now you're just seeing what the intensity alone is doing.

Though I do think the 2.0 doesn't really like to be bothered too much before hitting flower, but I'm not sure if that's just me or if other people are seeing the same thing. I'm still trying to see what to do to get her to work optimally. So far veg for a long time into a big bush and then keep further from the light seems like the best bet, but let me know if anyone else is finding better success with a different path.

Regardless, she's def some of my favorite smoke. I actually like it a bit better than the forum when I had the forum cut too: better yield, I felt the cookie flavor was more amped up, and the high was just stronger. Don't get me wrong, I love the smoke from forum too, and wish I still had the cut, but I'm glad I still have the 2.0 here. Got another lil bush under some LEDs right now so my cookie jar won't go empty for a while.

Hey Chunky! You ever get around to doing anything with the wedding cake cut? I'm looking for something like it in seeds and I figured you might have hit it with the cookie boi or something. Or maybe a 2.0 reversal??? I'd be pretty interested in some 2.0 reversal stuff if you're still putting out beans. Hope you're doing well man!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
........Hey Chunky! You ever get around to doing anything with the wedding cake cut? I'm looking for something like it in seeds and I figured you might have hit it with the cookie boi or something. Or maybe a 2.0 reversal??? I'd be pretty interested in some 2.0 reversal stuff if you're still putting out beans. Hope you're doing well man!

actually my gromie had a pack of Triangle Mints that he grew out and hit the cake with it so I guess you can call that a backcross, I got a few zips of the flowers from him and found 300 seeds from that and when I grew them the first time a while back
Click image for larger version  Name:	cake bx.png Views:	0 Size:	613.5 KB ID:	17867979
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
​ the girls looked really nice. didn't find a better example than the WC clone but the flowers were dope. I'm running another 30 of them now.

this was the pretty-est one from last run.

I'm hoping to have time to reverse some girls this summer, the '92 OG and Josh D are the cuts I want to play with 1st, they are my favorite flowers now along with the cake and Mac1.

going to shower all my current gals with cookieboi pollen again soon...

got seeds from cookieboi x SSH, Durban, Chem sis, headband, ECSD, 2.0, Glue, the three, and a couple others all going now, some are already outdoors hardening off in my now 40-50 degree temps, lol.
babies.JPG

the cookieboi crosses from OD last year got pressed into some tasty rosin recently...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
patch may 26.jpg

Another season, Clones are ECSD, OGKB 2.0, Durban Poison, Josh D OGK, '92 OGK, SFV OGK, Tahoe OGK, HeadBand, Platinum OG,
Grease Monkey, Geisel, Gusherz, Runtz, Mac 1, Gelato #33, SC Blue Dream, Forum GSC, Wedding Cake, Geisel, AC/DC, SKVA and
a couple others that I'm grabbing next week.

a tilled.JPG

compaction.JPG

patch after storm.JPG

One Patch down, three to go, + dep.

a few of the seed starts,

92 OG x (Blueberry x Triangle Mints), Josh D OG x (Blueberry x Triangle Mints), Mac1 x (Blueberry x Triangle Mints)

seed starts 6.20.21.JPG

Tynehead Tom

right on brutha!
been looking forward to your show this year.
I'm confined to my greenhouse but I still got your gear growin :)
OGKB 2.0 is in a 18gallon rubber maid tote and I'll flip her on July 4rth and have one Dubble Baked female from seed that starts light dep tonight !.
She has fantastic structure and the stem rub is strong and sticky. I'll get some pics once I can single her out in that group of plants.
I got all the girls from seed to a good 20inch tall and real nice branching before putting them out in 7 gallons this year. Over 24" now and ready to flip!
Season goes way fast up here at 52 north in Western Canukistan :D gotta get my light dep game on!

best of luck for your season man!

20210621_144605.jpg
I've got 2, maybe 3 female Poison Breath running outdoors this season. They are in the left column in the pic. The crinkly-leafed one has been like that since sprouting, she/he's the only one I'm waiting to show sex.
-PeaceNTrees

Tynehead Tom

Whats going on Chunky?
No grow show this year or are you posting elsewhere these days like a lot of people seem to be?
Here's a nice super stanky Dubble Baked from seed. Really strong sweet n sour gas coming off this girl. The Sour Dub really shines through and dominates this girl.
She is in the last week in the greenhouse..... chopping on the weekend most likely

08-21-2021 Dubble Baked pic 1 - Copy.jpg
08-21-2021 Dubble Baked pic 2 - Copy.jpg

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
crowded 8-21-21.JPG
oh I;m showing, health has been poor. way behind in keeping up with the plants this year.
tested and mineral balanced ala slownickle this spring and growth is way better.
the overgrow is real.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
only watered once this year, crazy rain here this year... plants digging it but buds wont..
full patch 8.14.21.JPG

RUNTZ
RUNTZ 8-21-21.JPG

SFV OG frost
Frost 8-21-21.JPG

...CR500AF...

(I was responding to a post on the first page, this site can be so frustating without the go to the last page option..!)Well done...:)

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
big girls are in their cages now another 10 or so smalls left to support. last weeks rain did this.
down in the dew.JPG

repaired and banging again.

on her feeet again.JPG

made another patch this spring for my seed plants and it got flooded heavy the week after prep and maybe 5 times since. plugged it with 10
of about 70 females I had ready first dry-ish day in july. 2 ECSD's and 10 Mac1 x (Blueberry x Triangle Mints). it's been too wet to plant ever since.

last week she went under again...
flood.JPG

my clone patch is banging hard in spite of the rains. now with wire cages to lift and separate...

the small ones. mostly ECSD.

peanut gallery 8-24-21.JPG

end 8-24-21.JPG

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Some 2.0 close to getting the chop. She came out right this round now that ive switched back to my normal nutrients.

Attachments

• photo2066503.jpg
    photo2066503.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 30

Happy Times

Whats going on Chunky?
No grow show this year or are you posting elsewhere these days like a lot of people seem to be?
Here's a nice super stanky Dubble Baked from seed. Really strong sweet n sour gas coming off this girl. The Sour Dub really shines through and dominates this girl.
She is in the last week in the greenhouse..... chopping on the weekend most likely

lookin good TT

light dep greenhouse? Pretty early for an outdoor harvest!

Tynehead Tom

lookin good TT

light dep greenhouse? Pretty early for an outdoor harvest!

yup, light dep greenhouse. It's the only way I can grow these kinds of genetics under the sun in my region. I'm at 52north, 3000ft elevation so summer is very short. This morning it is a scant 3celcius outside and we had frost monday morning already. All my plants get moved into the shed at the back of the greenhouse for their 12/12 cycle. I start putting them out at 8am and start putting them to bed at 7:40.
Takes about 20 minutes to move all the plants. Less now as I just harvested another 9 plants last night. I did my garden in 4 groups that started light dep 2 weeks apart . Group 1 is already harvested and in the jars, group 2 came down last night. The Dubble Baked will probably get another week if I can manage it without seeing any signs of bud rot. I also have an OGKB 2.0 that in an 18gallon rubber maid tote that has a few weeks to go yet.

here's a pic i took yesterday morning that shows the light dep shed at back of greenhouse. This pic was taken before I harvested the 9 plants in Batch 2
Click image for larger version  Name:	08-25-2021 garden shot - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.0 KB ID:	17928178

Click image for larger version  Name:	08-25-2021 OGKB 2.0 - Copy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.7 KB ID:	17928179

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tynehead Tom nice work … How do you utilize the shed ? do you manually bring them in and out ?how do you control humidity and stuff like that so on and so forth I’m curious

Tynehead Tom

Tynehead Tom nice work … How do you utilize the shed ? do you manually bring them in and out ?how do you control humidity and stuff like that so on and so forth I’m curious

My set up is pretty ghetto but it works for me. Yes I manually move the plants into the shed at night . It's hard to see but the greenhouse attaches to the building and the first 6 feet it black/white poly with plywood roof and then you go up a small ramp into the shed. It was pretty packed in there up until last night when I harvest 9 more plants. That first 6feet of blacked out area fits a plant in an 18 gallon tote , 1 on each side of the ramp and the rest of the plants go in the shed. I removed the door off the shed as it isn;t needed. The blacked out area has a drop sheet as a "door" that I roll up in the morning and down in the evening and it makes it totally black in there. In the roof of that 6 foot area is a 450CFM inline fan that sucks the air from the dark area at night and the dark area has lightproof passive intakes. The fan runs 24/7 and it blows thru silver 8 inch ducting that runs all the way along the roof of the greenhouse and blows outside basically above the doorway. There fresh air holes at the doorway end covered in bug screen and a big fan blowing down the length of the greenhouse towards the back where the exhaust fan is.
So far it has worked well for me in my short season but it is as basic as it gets hehehe

Latest posts

Latest posts