Well we're through to the 1/4 finals.

EPL: Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: Roma
Bundesliga: Schalke
Süper Lig: Fenerbahçe

First time a single league has had four 1/4 finalists. :D

_44485418_torresgol_getty.jpg

And a little tribute to the best striker in the world at the moment.
27 goals in his debut season in the epl, including 5 in the champions league. :yes:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I feel sorry for managers at Inter - always under pressure.

Mancini reveals Inter quit plan

Roberto Mancini
Mancini has guided Inter to two Serie A titles
Inter Milan coach Roberto Mancini intends to leave the Serie A champions at the end of the season.

Mancini, 43, revealed his plan to leave Inter after their Champions League exit at the hands of Liverpool on Tuesday.

Fernando Torres's second-half goal gave Liverpool a 1-0 win in the San Siro and a 3-0 aggregate victory.

Only last week Inter president Massimo Moratti described Mancini as the best coach in the history of Inter along with Nerazzurri legend Helenio Herrera.

"I know I still have four years to run on my contract but the next two-and-a-half months will be my last guiding Inter," said Mancini.

"I've told the lads and it's right to tell everyone. It's a decision I've taken and has nothing to do with this defeat."

Mancini took over as Inter coach in 2004 and led the club to the Serie A title in his first two seasons.

The first title was only won after Juventus and AC Milan were demoted and deducted points due to a match-fixing scandal.

Inter currently lead Serie A by six points from AS Roma and are through to the semi-finals of the Italian Cup.

Earlier this season Moratti reportedly held talks with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, though the club and the Portuguese denied it.

Last season Inter also exited the Champions League at the first knockout stage.

G

Jack Crevalle said:
A broken leg is one thing, what about Ronaldo Fenomeno? His career in Europe is over for sure...

And about that "unintentional" leg break, there's no excuse Sammet, they get paid big bucks, and know exactly what they are doing, that guy is a moron and deserves to get suspended for a few games, that was downright ignorant, he could easily have pulled his leg back, he was too late and destroyed the guys leg with an ignorant and almost criminal strike to the poor dudes shin.

yeaj i pretty much agree, it seems okay to excuse Taylor because he probably didn't mean to snap Eduardo's leg, but at the same time the man gets paid thousands a week and gets payed to play at the very highest level with the miniaml amount of mistakes. his tackle is a scar on the game and he should be banned for being such as shit footballer. i blame the refs mor though, i don't want to see the game turn into how it is in other leagues where diving gets rewarded but when players use brute force to cancle out skill then it ruins the game and should be dealt with harshly.

so theres 4 English teams in the last 8. AC out as i predicted, they're a spent force.
United and Roma again, how starnge is that. Pool and Arse go against eachother, bet UEFA couldn't imagine an all English Semi-Final.

Last edited:
J

Jack Crevalle

Where's Mr N? I guess Barcelona may be swooned by Inter's offer to trade Ronaldinho for Adriano at the middle of the year? He better pick up his game. Awesome goal by C Ronaldo yesterday on Roma, I was watching the ball fly through the air when out of nowhere he comes flying and heads the ball so hard it was ridiculous, very nice.

G

Well, Adriano is a dead loss, out of shape, un-motivated, I doubt he will get another big money deal anywhere. Ronaldinho needs to either retire or sort his head out, he's ot of shape and un-motivated too, says he has depression, but basically he hates trainign and staying in shape and prefers to live like a playboy.

Robinho has cleaned up his act a little, but Ronaldo, Robinho, Adriano, Ronaldinho, what is is with Brazilian strikers being massively talented but fat and lazy? Then you have the plain crazy Brazilian forwards like Eduardo (El Annibal) and Rivaldo. Makes you reminiscent for the days of Romario!

Cristiano Ronaldo is simply on another level from all other players at the moment, his confidence is such that he will try anything, the back heel against Villa last weekend was simply one of the smartest goals I have ever seen, and the backheel to setup Rooney for the fourth goal would have had a Cantona or Zidane turning green with envy. Rooney and Tevez are playing great too, they are examples of great players and right at the top of the game right now, but Ronaldo is something else, a genius that transcends what other players are capable of, it's like watching George Best in that you can clearly see that he is head and shoulders above everyone else.

I have to say though, I've never seen a player who has adapted to the English game and become an established player as fast as Anderson has, Paul Scholes may have to retire a year or two earlier than he planned cos Anderson is such a good player at 19 that he is gonna be first choice attacking midfielder before long.

In any other year, Fernando Torres would be the clear choice for player of the year, but this year, he hasn't got a chance of winning, no-one has been close to Ronaldo, and to be honest, apart from Fabregas and maybe Hleb and Essien, all the other top performers this year play for Man Utd.

To destroy Villa 4-0 (and it could have been a lot more) by playing the most attractive, free-flowing display of attacking football in recent memory then to go to Rome and play with a totally different formation and style yet walk through the game and win 2-0 (again, could have been more) shows that Utd have matured rapidly since last year when they attacked with great verve but couldn't adapt to the slower, more tactical European game. Anderson was pure class again and Scholes, Carrick and Anderson in midfield looked so at ease with the ball and very tight and compact when they didn't have the ball.

12 months ago if you asked me if I would want Utd to play Barcelona in the European Cup I'd have said no, I'd prefer an easier draw, this year, I say bring it on, we'll score goals for fun against Barca's leaky defence!

I remember the first time my dad saw Maradona play, his comment was 'George Best was a lot better' and he said the same thing about Ryan Giggs, but after the Roma game last night, my dad said 'that lad is as good as Duncan Edwards' and my dad is adamant Duncan Edwards was the best footballer who ever kicked a ball, George Best being the second best, he only rates Pele joint third with Bobby Charlton,. but he is from Manchester, after all! He also said Carlos Tevez reminds him of Denis Law, which is high praise indeed.

My dad always says he feel lucky to have watched the glory days of the Busby babes and Best, Law and Charlton, I reckon I'm even luckier cos I watched Giggs, Scholes, Becham, Butt, Nevilles etc. in the 90s and Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Nani and Anderson may well eclipse the Best, Law Charlton years.

In 1968 Utd won the Euopean Cup, a young George Best tore Benfica apart in the final with his skills and scored a goal, fulfilling the dream that was shattered at Munich 10 years earlier. 2008 is the 50th anniversary of the Munich Disaster and I would not be the slightest little bit surprised if Critiano Ronaldo doesn't emulate George Best and win the Cup for Utd, it would be the perfect poetic justice for those young lads who died on the runway.

bbabes2.jpg

Duncan Edwards is on the left end of the line, look at the size of him, legs like tree trunks, and that was 1958 before dieticians and weight lifting, this team ate steak pies for lunch before the game! Duncan was 20 then, and he was the same size when he made his debut at 16! They called him the man-boy... Bobby Charlton is 5th from the left, Bill Foulkes, 7th from the left.

_44169207_charlton_eurotrophy416x300.jpg

Ten years later and Bobby Charlton lifts the European Cup, that's Bill Foulkes again on the far right...

img_3.jpg

best3.jpg

best8.jpg

Oh yeah, George could leap like a salmon to score headed goals too, just like Ronaldo against Roma last night:

BESTJUMP.JPG

BTW, the Arsenal player in the air is current Sky Sports pundit Frank Mclintock.

p1_ronaldo_0601.jpg

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spot the United fan.... :rolleyes:

I agree though, Ronaldo is the best player in the world at the moment and United are lucky to have him. Still he won't win you ol' big ears in Moscow, it's on it's way back to Anfield :smoke:

Last edited:
J

Jack Crevalle

Well, Adriano is a dead loss, out of shape, un-motivated.I doubt he will get another big money deal anywhere.

He plays for Sao Paulo, he is their main striker. Sao Paulo is in the Libertadores and State tournament and he is scoring at least a goal in every game. I think you are not following his career, what you said makes no sense. He was un-motivated in Europe, that everyone knows, he's like 22 or something. He's young and needed to come back to Brasil for a few seasons and get with a few Brazilian hotties and eat some good home cookin' for a while..He's becoming an idol in Brazil, and getting the popular recognition at the stadiums, something that he was not able to do when he was prematurelly sold by Flamengo, who discovered him. You will see him again. Don't worry..I'll go further, he may even get traded for Julio Baptista and end up in Real Madrid next year, just watch LOL!

Ronaldinho needs to either retire or sort his head out, he's ot of shape and un-motivated too, says he has depression, but basically he hates trainign and staying in shape and prefers to live like a playboy.

Are you talking about Ronaldo Fenomeno or Ronaldinho Gaucho? If it's Fenomeno, he is injured for at least a year, maybe more, he is screwed.Ronaldinho is very talented at Futsal and outdoors, if he's depressed and unmotivated, why would you decide he's not?

Ronaldo is something else, a genius that transcends what other players are capable of, it's like watching George Best in that you can clearly see that he is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Really? hmm I wonder why Kaka is the one that got all the awards LOL! Just because he's in his best phase ever, doesn't mean he will deliver. He needs to win some major International titles and do some more in my opinion, the English league is not the best IMO...

One thing I will agree with you, and was reported in the latest THE SUN poll-
Ronaldo is the fattest, best player baller of all times!

Last edited:
Definately not a penalty kick. With the eagerness of the ref to reward them so quickly, I'm suprised he didn't kick it into the net himself...

First play after arsenal's goal..BANG...pk...

I feel for the gunners...they deserved more.

But,the babel run was impressive.

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think it was a proper pen - however the ref made it clear early on that he wouldn't tolerate much contact.

Including the premiership game in the between, Arsenal just couldn't beat Liverpool over 3 games.

M

Mr. Nevermind

Jack Crevalle said:
Where's Mr N? I guess Barcelona may be swooned by Inter's offer to trade Ronaldinho for Adriano at the middle of the year? He better pick up his game. Awesome goal by C Ronaldo yesterday on Roma, I was watching the ball fly through the air when out of nowhere he comes flying and heads the ball so hard it was ridiculous, very nice.

Im here, waiting for Barca Vs Man U. Sorry i been busy and away. Good games this weekend. watch pato for Ac milan this weekend

Nevermind

J

Jack Crevalle

Im here, waiting for Barca Vs Man U. Sorry i been busy and away. Good games this weekend. watch pato for Ac milan this weekend Nevermind

What's up man great to see your around. I've been following the Libertadores fun and the Carioca tournament in Rio. Flamengo is about to whip some ass again...I'm on it with Barca, they better go all the way. Fuck those crappy English teams !!!

:headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange :headbange :laughing:

BTW- What is everyone's take on Pele's idea about drug and steroid users loosing their titles. I'm all for it. Many athletes including Marion Jones lost their medals and honor, even went to jail. After all, they cheated and are the worst example for kids, athletes and fans. What makes me so adament about this is having to watch Maradona scorn and make fun of his adversaries and Fifa officials about his conquests under the influence steroids and how no one busted him on many conquests while cheating, be it using his hand or using performance enhancing drugs. The guy was even ejected from a World Cup for Ephedrine use etc.. Why does he get away scot free and people still look up to him? Is it pure hypocrisy or is Fifa a half-ass Federation?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts