What's new

Do u like football/soccer?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow good piece of skill, but such a poor performance from Arsenal, they simply didn't turn up and United slaughtered them.

I reckon Milan will do Arsenal over the two legs, but United will beat Lyon. They've got some good players at Lyon but there have been rumours of troubles with Perrain at lyon and they lost at the weekend. Benzema and Ben Arfa could be a cause for concern though.

J

Jack Crevalle

Looks like R Madrid isn't the team it once was, Rome owned them, awesome game by Mancini, watch him test on Dunga's team in the near future...

Barcelona also is counting on the Magical Quartet to eliminate Celtic, Messi, Eto'o, Henry and Ronaldinho....DAMN! What a game that should be!

I hope Lyon can beat Manchester, but that is going to be hard, and I also am hoping Frenebache (sp?) will beat Sevilla, with my Idol Zico as coach, all is possible!!!!!

Last edited:
phew man utd were lucky to get that draw at Lyon,pts em in good stead with the away goal for old trafford.....they just didnt look on point at all last night, I think lyon's get stuck in approach kinda put them on their back foot a bit.

Gutted for celtic, I was happy as larry when they went 2-1 up.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woooooooooow. :yoinks:

The uefa cup is crazy.

Atletico Madrid, Villareal, Galatasaray all out.

Everton 6-1, Munich 5-1, and Benfica coming back to 2-2 were the highlights.

I reckon the Uefa cup is overlooked by many as it isn't the champions league but it does produce some tasty ties. :wave:

Edit: Shame about Celtic I agree, but Barca had too much for them.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A very nasty injury - It's Eduardo's birthday today too, I hope he makes a full recovery. I won't post any images other than this one, they're pretty graphic.

2nlsh1w.jpg

Although it's a high tackle with studs showing you could clearly see that Taylor was just too slow and there was no ill intention. Still a horrific injury which may end his career.

Edit: Arsenal are now saying they expect him to be back in 9 months which sounds a bit more promising.

Last edited:
I aint sure about the intention but I'd say that Taylor made a big mistake going in with the studs up like that.

They've got to get rid of that kind of tackle!

My boy - Eduardo - got seriously caned - and he is/was a class player. I say was because - I don't reckon that there are any guarantees with coming back from breaks.

Who was the player who had his leg snapped in the Man Utd game years ago? He never came back.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It happens quite a bit though and players come back (although not always as bad as Eduardos).

I remember Alan Smith broke his leg in two places against Liverpool a couple of years back when he played for United, is that what you're thinking of or maybe a different one?

J

Jack Crevalle

really is terrible what happened to Eduardo da Silva...so much promise.
reckon he can pull a Henrik Larsson, anyone?
Although it's a high tackle with studs showing you could clearly see that Taylor was just too slow and there was no ill intention. Still a horrific injury which may end his career.

A broken leg is one thing, what about Ronaldo Fenomeno? His career in Europe is over for sure...

And about that "unintentional" leg break, there's no excuse Sammet, they get paid big bucks, and know exactly what they are doing, that guy is a moron and deserves to get suspended for a few games, that was downright ignorant, he could easily have pulled his leg back, he was too late and destroyed the guys leg with an ignorant and almost criminal strike to the poor dudes shin.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jack Crevalle said:
A broken leg is one thing, what about Ronaldo Fenomeno? His career in Europe is over for sure...

And about that "unintentional" leg break, there's no excuse Sammet, they get paid big bucks, and know exactly what they are doing, that guy is a moron and deserves to get suspended for a few games, that was downright ignorant, he could easily have pulled his leg back, he was too late and destroyed the guys leg with an ignorant and almost criminal strike to the poor dudes shin.

I'm not excusing it, it was a poor challenge - but if you watch it in super slow motion you can see that it was a case of Eduardo being too quick and skilful for Taylor. Taylor starts from stand still and before he gets the ball Eduardo flicks it away leaving his own foot in it's place. I'm not advocating what he did, but it was just a bad accident and a result of a clumsy slow footballer, not the result of a player intending to injure another.

J

Jack Crevalle

I'm not excusing it, it was a poor challenge - but if you watch it in super slow motion you can see that it was a case of Eduardo being too quick and skilful for Taylor. Taylor starts from stand still and before he gets the ball Eduardo flicks it away leaving his own foot in it's place. I'm not advocating what he did, but it was just a bad accident and a result of a clumsy slow footballer, not the result of a player intending to injure another.

Ah, I saw the video and you are right, in slow speed it's obvious he was way slow and destroyed the Brasilian's leg, not necessarily on purpose, just terrible technique, the pics are just to gruesome!!!!!!

J

Jack Crevalle

Today Flamengo and Cienciano at Maracana, as usual , the shitty Foxen espanol will not show this game, sonafabitches!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big upset over the weekend, Atletico beat Barca 4-2. A stunning overhead kick by Ronaldinho and a motm performance from Aguero setting up a goal, scoring two, and winning a penalty.

J

Jack Crevalle

ANYONE Hear OF THE WORLD CUP OF 1978?
Fucked up story, worst scandal in football history. Argentina should be ashamed of this scandal.

Drug lords helped Argentina in 1978?

A drug cartel from Cali bribed the Peruvian national team in order to help Argentina qualify for the 1978 World Cup, claims Fernando Rodríguez Mondragón, the son of the jailed drug lord Gilberto in his forthcoming book.
At that World Cup celebrated in Argentina, the home team had to beat Peru by at least four goals in order to reach the finals on goals' difference ahead of Brazil.
The final result of the match in Mendoza was 6-0, for which Mondragón claims the Argentinians should thank his father and his uncle, who had paid off the Peruvians.
One of the Argentinian stars, Leopoldo Luque, said he and his mates did not spot anything strange in the Peruvia players' approach, except that they were very bad.
"Soccer players are not actors. When they are up to something weird, it becomes obvious very soon. In that game, we noticed nothing of the sort. We were just so much better," remembers Luque, who scored two goals, as well as Mario Kempes.
Mondragón also mentioned that his cartel attempted to sign Diego Maradona for América of Cali, but the deal failed to materialize due to superior offers that Maradona had from Europe.
"The transfer did not come to fruition, but a lasting friendship remained between both parties," wrote the mafioso's son in the book called "Son of the Chessmaster 2", after his father's nickname.

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=FkufYlBWgj4

You watch and tell me what you think....

BTW, on a different topic, anyone notice that Chavez payed the Farc 300 million dollars , no wonder they amazingly let the refugees go at his "request", same kinda shit, they said that the drug lords offered Peruvian players $50,000 each and 500,000 dollars to the coaches each and several millions to the Federation. Back in those days, that was more than a lifetime salary for them...

Sooo, that's one world cup by hand goal and one bought, that leaves them with ,hmmmmm no honest world cup titles

Last edited:
Sammet said:
It happens quite a bit though and players come back (although not always as bad as Eduardos).

I remember Alan Smith broke his leg in two places against Liverpool a couple of years back when he played for United, is that what you're thinking of or maybe a different one?

Nah it wasn't Alan Smith I was thinking of -coz he came back eventually from injury. It was some other bloke who played for Man City or Coventry or some team? I can't remember, but if you can think of the scenes where Schmeichel and a few of the other Utd players are holding their faces when looking at the injury - basically a broken bone jutting out through the skin at almost right angles to where it should be.

Anyway, there are talks of Eduardo making a full recovery in 9 months or so - so fingers crossed on that one.

So what about the result against AC MILAN last night in the SAN SIRO!!!!!!!

2-0!!! Go on!!

Sorry Jack but I've got to come back to this post:

Today Kaka, Pato and company are going to destroy Arsenal, any bets?
LOL

:D

Never underestimate the Gunners or the EPL !!! We kicked that Milanese butt in their own back yard!!!!!! Kaka - where was he last night? Oh yeah, in Flamini's pocket!

I've got to admit that was a high point for us Arsenal fans!! So I'm going to gloat a bit if that's cool with you guys!

Well, you've got to enjoy the highs!
Anyone change their minds about this Arsenal team yet?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone change their minds about this Arsenal team yet?

They sure are raising some eyebrows at the moment. And once again, all the EPL teams continue to dominate and go through to the next round (except Liverpool but they'll get the result they need in the san siro I reckon). And Spurs, Bolton and Everton are looking good in the Uefa cup too.

Shame to see Sevilla go out on pens. Just heard that Messi is broken for the next 6 weeks too, not good news for Barca. I still reckon they have what it takes to go far this season though.

J

Jack Crevalle

Today Kaka, Pato and company are going to destroy Arsenal, any bets?
LOL

They got disqualified hahaha, oh well, can't win 'em all heheh, pretty surprising, but I liked Zico's Frenerbache. That guy is such a legend, first he made soccer popular in Japan, and now taking a turkish team so far, justa wait Dopinderbong, Zico's coming to avenge Kaka, ahahahhaha,

all joking aside, Cruzeiro looked fabulous yesterday, Santos and Chivas were soso, and tomorrow Flamengo has a tough match in Uruguay against Nacional, it will be exciting and hard Brazil vs Uruguay for sure, should be awesome.

Today, Robinho and crew 2X1 over Roma is my prediction...

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, United knocked out of the FA Cup by Portsmouth and Chelsea knocked out by championship strugglers Barnsley. It's great to see an FA cup without any of the big 4 from the epl in it :D

_44478106_ronaldo_getty416.jpg

Possible Ronaldo penalty?

_44478252_tk2_ap300.jpg

Portsmouth hold on and win a penalty when Tomasz Kuszczak, on for Edwin Van der Sar, brings down Milan Baros

_44478243_muntari_getty416.jpg

Rio Ferdinand replaces him in goal but is powerless to prevent Sulley Muntari's 76th-minute spot-kick from finding the net.

_44478669_oakwell_pa416.jpg

Barnsley 1-0 Chelsea: A packed Oakwell welcomes the current holders of the FA Cup for Saturday's second quarter-final

Last edited: