What's new

Do u like football/soccer?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DopinderBhong said:
Looks like the Gunners might just do it this season.

Adebayor is giving Ronaldo a run for his money as the top goalscorer too!

I reckon so too, especially with some key players back from the ACN.

Josh-Skunker said:
FA Cup this weekend!! Bristol Rovers vs Southampton, got my ticket!

Gotta love the FA Cup its the highlight of my season.

Yea got to love that glory tie with Barnsley this weekend :rolleyes::biglaugh:

i_score

nice sammet, the sao paulo shirts have something that i like, but i can´t quite put my fingger on it,heheheehe!

J

Jack Crevalle

Sammet said:
Hey JC - why does Kaka never play for Brasil in friendlies?

For one because he is the best player in the world and Milan as well as Dunga does not want him to get hurt or prove anything in a friendly. Also it's hard for a team like Milan to let their star player go for a few days if he is not needed by Brazil's national team for a title etc, and they are usually concentrating for an upcoming Italian Serie Match. I think Juan's team (Roma?) was already telling him that they don't want to let him go to play the Olympics this Summer, it sucks, but if a team owns a player's pass they can strong arm Dunga into not taking them if they have a strong argument.
Since Brazilians players are so spread out in so many countries, friendlies are the only time Dunga really can get an idea for how new players and prospects will do, and make tests and changes, Dunga keeps a very open team.
Sometimes Kaka and some top players don't even go to some major tournaments because they are not important enough, a good example was Copa America last year. Kaka and Ronaldinho said they were "tired" after the World Cup and the Italian/Spanish/World tournaments and asked Dunga not to play, in that case, Kaka is so confident and prestigious, he calls the shots, and even without him, Robinho and crew smashed the ARGIES LOLLLL.

So there are a few reasons that could come into play, depending on the situation. but mainly for new guys to test, as KAKA has his spot guaranteed on any coaches dream team.

nice sammet, the sao paulo shirts have something that i like, but i can´t quite put my fingger on it,heheheehe!

Shirts, I didn't notice the SPFC shirts either LOL!

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice JC ;)

Return of the Champions League tonight? Who else is excited? Hopefully the reds are going to stuff Inter :D

Anyone see the mighty Barnsley take out Liverpool at the weekend?

:D

As for United beating the Gunners - what can you say!?! Shit happens. They can have the FA Cup as long as we win the league!

Look out for Arsenal vs. AC Milan.

I am predicting a victory for Arsenal - yeah against the odds maybe - but this could be a good'un for the Gunners.

Full squad - full power - we can beat anyone!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought the gunners had 9 first teamers injured and now they've got a full squad? Or is Wenger just pulling a fast one.

Torres is going to destroy Inter tonight but I bet Mascherano will be the best player on the pitch. He's a legend. Come on you reds!

Edit: Pato to get a hat-trick against Arsenal tomorrow :D

Last edited:
Well OK - not quite full squad - full power - but we're getting there. I just wish Van Persie would fucking do something - other than get injured that is.

No doubting Wenger's a shrewd man - but you can always get his latest mumblings from Arsenal.com.

Here it is.

Arsène Wenger has six players back to full fitness for the visit of Milan on Wednesday.

Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor were on duty at Manchester United last Saturday despite being troubled by hamstring injuries. All those will be ready to play against the Champions League holders at Emirates Stadium.

Bacary Sagna is available while Denilson and Theo Walcott have been added to the squad. However Manuel Almunia is still recovering from a virus so Jens Lehmann will keep his place.

"Bacary Sagna is back so are Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday.

"Manuel Almunia is not completely ready to play. But he is getting there and is very close now. Jens Lehmann will start.

"Denilson is back in the squad and Theo Walcott is in too. But Johan Djourou, Robin van Persie, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky are all still out."

[ Tuesday, February 19, 2008]

That'll do us! :D

G

Sweet Champions League is back...i'm in the states and i definitely enjoy euro football over american football anyday...the liverpool match and the arsenal match are on espn2 at 2:30 est :D

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, total domination by Liverpool, rubbish referee and 2 good goals in the last 10 minutes against a team unbeaten in their last 29 games. Got to love the Champions League :D

J

Jack Crevalle

Am I the only one watching Libertadores?

The only one repping the New World? LOL

Go Flamengo!!!!

J

Jack Crevalle

Today Kaka, Pato and company are going to destroy Arsenal, any bets?
LOL
Fluminense also makes their debut, they have an all star forward squad, but a shady goalie, we'll see, I hope they loose. :laughing:

Last edited:
G

good game liverpool, bet rafa slept better last night! le arse will beat milan i reckon after getting destroyed by united in the fa cup. have you all seen nani's seal dribble yet? utter class, even made a player fall over lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HD220e0bx4&feature=related

lyon v united will be a good game both attacking sides so it should be open.

Last edited: