What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

mfdoo0mm

Found my way here from your "help ticket".

Looks phenomenal!! AND LED you say??

No joke!

Great job. We started at roughly the exact same time (1/11?, I counted backwards from your post ("These are 15 days from seed" on 1/26).

Your plants are so much better than mine :'(. Take my jealousy/self-pity as a compliment! I am truly amazed at that LED as well..

mfdoo0mm

Well all kinds of help and great advice, thanks to all of you. I think most of it is spot on in bits and pieces. Probably more than one problem. I'll say one thing for sure tho. Since I'm using vegamatrix I decided to call the company to get their opinion. I actually connected with Kyle Kushman (the owner) on my first call. He gave me his cell phone number and I've been texting back and forth with him all day with regards to my problem. He clearly cares about and believes in his product and he still cares about the little guy (me)... That kind of karma goes a long way in my book. So for now on his advice I'm going to up my boost (cal mag) considerably and up the amp it as well. My plants are exploding regardless of this nute issue so I'm going to try to get it sorted as best I can and flip in a few days. Thanks all and thanks Kyle!!!

Definitely looks like mag deficiency (if lower leaves). Foliar spray an epsom salt solution for a quick band-aid. Since you are under LED's the water will not immediately dry and the plants will have a chance to drink in the mixture through their stomata. I would hate to see you go through what I just went through (check my diary if interested) and had similar symptoms.

I ended up using too much cal mag (in my soil) and starting to lockout K. There was a 3:1 ratio cal:mag. Turns out I didn't need the calcium, and the magensium sulfates (epsom salts) were what I really needed! lol Did a flush and have been using just epsom ever since, and it solved my issue.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok if they are still growing then definitely not salt in the medium. Growth completely shuts down with salt at toxic levels!

baranga

I see this often, looks like cal def but if you are using cal it points to a ph lockout issue. I get it everytime I transplant into the bigger flower room. My girls always come out of it after a week or so, but the damage remains in the fans. I am in soil however.

Cal def have 3 sources..
Lack of Ca , PH range , or dry medium ....
Dry medium is the most common from all ..
And all Ca def, apear only on young leaf .. not on old fan leaf.. because Ca is not as mobile as N

chomsky

Found my way here from your "help ticket".

Looks phenomenal!! AND LED you say??

No joke!

Great job. We started at roughly the exact same time (1/11?, I counted backwards from your post ("These are 15 days from seed" on 1/26).

Your plants are so much better than mine :'(. Take my jealousy/self-pity as a compliment! I am truly amazed at that LED as well..

Thanks man... I know the growth is crazy. Call me anal but I see one brown spot and it looks to me like my plants have leprosy... Ha ha

chomsky

Ok if they are still growing then definitely not salt in the medium. Growth completely shuts down with salt at toxic levels!

Still growing fast. Im going to do what Kushman said to do and if I dont see major improvements in a day or two Im going to do a super flush. I have to flip soon and I want to get this under control. On a good note they didnt seem to get worse over night. MAybe even a little better looking.

chomsky

How long does it typically take plants to bounce back from a mag def (for the yellow leaves to actually go green again)? Is it ok or not recommended to flip to 12/12 if there is a deficiency happening? My girls are still growing and I cant let them get too much taller at this point...

chomsky

Check out the growth rate on these HOLY COW!!! The first pic here ws taken feb 6th the last pic today. Thats only 12 days of growth...

guanito

The growth is great - but it's not a scrog anymore - just a trellis
nowhere to weave the stems.
might as well throw the lights.
with the stretch you're going to have a problem.

chomsky

The growth is great - but it's not a scrog anymore - just a trellis
nowhere to weave the stems.
might as well throw the lights.
with the stretch you're going to have a problem.

Why is this not a scrog? The stems are already stretched under the screen, some quite a long way too.... My goal is big buds. What do you mean by throw the lights? Whats the problem going to be in stretch? Im going to put in some support rods and I have plenty of height.

Last edited:

Heathen

Are they in flower yet? I'm sorry I should prob read the whole thread but I would go VERY easy adjusting any cal/mg deficiencies.. Tbh I would've said water first to see how they react.
You should have plenty height as well.. I would still pinch the main stems and let the sides catch up.. and repeat until end of week 2 of flower seeing as they are gonna flower pretty fast.

mfdoo0mm

Are they in flower yet? I'm sorry I should prob read the whole thread but I would go VERY easy adjusting any cal/mg deficiencies.. Tbh I would've said water first to see how they react.
You should have plenty height as well.. I would still pinch the main stems and let the sides catch up.. and repeat until end of week 2 of flower seeing as they are gonna flower pretty fast.

Can you explain what you mean by "going easy" and what the repercussions/consequences are if you don't?

Not trying to call you out, genuinely curious what you mean.

MG deficiencies are easy to treat, it is hard to fuck up by "overdoing" mg. Ca, on the other hand, due to it's immobile properties, acts as a big fucking rock, getting in the way of other nutrient uptake.

So I don't know how you could make the blanket statement, but I am hoping you could enlighten me :)

You just had a touch of foliar fungus, and the plants are over it and kicking ass!
Get rid of all the cal mag supplements as you never did have a deficiency.
If your actually worried about the leaf spots, just remove the older leaves.

chomsky

You just had a touch of foliar fungus, and the plants are over it and kicking ass!
Get rid of all the cal mag supplements as you never did have a deficiency.
If your actually worried about the leaf spots, just remove the older leaves.

How in the world can you say that so confidently? All due respect and definitely not starting a feud on my thread but I think you're way off... Actually, Im sure of it. I went down this morning and as usual these days was scared as to what I might see. Well, it seems they are finally bouncing back. This is due in no small part to flushing and upping the Cal/Mag ALOT adding epsom salt to the feed and foliar and raising the light yet again (this spyder X Plus is really an intense light)...

Anyway, my girls are finally looking to be on the mend. Im really reaching my max veg height I want to flip but want to give another day or two of healing. I think Sunday or Monday Im going to do a TOTAL flush then feed according to the feeding schedule adding extra Cal/Mag of course and enjoy the show.

I think Vegamatrix is probably really awesome when its dialed in according to a particular strain however, I think it's still too new on the market and the feeding schedules really need to be sorted out for mass sales and use for it to succeed long term as a product line, it's getting very, very expensive. Since its recommended to be used every watering and at really high doses (at least for my Lemon Skunk) it's just not cost effective. Even if I fed every other feeding. I may revisit Vegamatrix in the future and I love the organic nature of this stuff but for upcoming grows I think Ill be going back to soil (which is how nature intended plants to grow) and Techniflora, I've never gone wrong there. It may be too early to say this Ill hold out my final verdict till I harvest but Im pretty sure Vegamatrix and coco isn't for me.

chomsky

Chomsky did you amend the coco with dolomite lime before you planted?

Nope, Im not having PH issues. The most it goes in at is 6.5, my runoff is typically 6.0 which according to Vegamatrix is dead center in the middle of nutrient uptake for their nutes. They recommend 5.5 - 6.5.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
OK, meant more as a source of magnesium. But I see you giving Epsom salts, also for calcium deficiency I top dress with gypsum. Anyhow I see you got cal/mag source.

I agree about the nute line, if it's new let other people try it first. Stick to the tried and trusted. Still can't believe how those plants are so vigorous even with the issue!

Latest posts

Latest posts