What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Chomsky maybe post in the infirmary or the coco section, you need to get that sorted ASAP, the experts may not see it soon enough in this thread.

Edit: Sorry my bad I see it in the infirmary, ah well another bump can't hurt.

74G

i think it looks like more a burn than a deficiency ? but that's just me... .. .

All the best for your grow Chom, it's really nice start... .. .

chomsky

Chomsky maybe post in the infirmary or the coco section, you need to get that sorted ASAP, the experts may not see it soon enough in this thread.

Edit: Sorry my bad I see it in the infirmary, ah well another bump can't hurt.

All good, thanks. Yes its driving me crazy... I want this fixed before 12/12.

chomsky

i think it looks like more a burn than a deficiency ? but that's just me... .. .

All the best for your grow Chom, it's really nice start... .. .

Not sure about burn. Im using vegamatrix organic nutes. Not supposed to burn much. I may be wrong... Plus, I did two complete flushes a couple days ago and only one light feed since.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
When you started out were you in soil?

The first pictures don't look like coco, did you switch to coco when you potted up?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ok is it possible that brand of coco contains salt? because in the beginning the plants couldn't be healthier but then after you pot up they are worse off.

Years ago I used coco in my organic soil. I got symptoms similar to yours. After much head scratching and advice discovered that some coco contains salt and needs to be flushed with calcium nitrate to remove the salt, before you plant anything in it.

I am wondering if that is not the case here?

Is there any info on the packaging re salt content?

chomsky

Moses I don't think that's it. I just did a little research online and it says that it's prewashed and has a very low salinity content.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
OK the better quality brands do wash it for you that's true, but if you have an EC meter test it to be sure!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Squeeze out a handful of soaking wet coco into a cup and test the liquid... I was getting readings as high as 1.2

Picarus

I see this often, looks like cal def but if you are using cal it points to a ph lockout issue. I get it everytime I transplant into the bigger flower room. My girls always come out of it after a week or so, but the damage remains in the fans. I am in soil however.

Classic light burn. Picarus, you see this after transplant because plants are stressed and the light interested sitting should be reduced for about 4-7 days after transplant.

If you can't adjust the light, increase your rH.

chomsky

Well all kinds of help and great advice, thanks to all of you. I think most of it is spot on in bits and pieces. Probably more than one problem. I'll say one thing for sure tho. Since I'm using vegamatrix I decided to call the company to get their opinion. I actually connected with Kyle Kushman (the owner) on my first call. He gave me his cell phone number and I've been texting back and forth with him all day with regards to my problem. He clearly cares about and believes in his product and he still cares about the little guy (me)... That kind of karma goes a long way in my book. So for now on his advice I'm going to up my boost (cal mag) considerably and up the amp it as well. My plants are exploding regardless of this nute issue so I'm going to try to get it sorted as best I can and flip in a few days. Thanks all and thanks Kyle!!!

Last edited: