What's new

DNA Lemon Skunk to save the world

chomsky

About 10'x10' space

4KW for flower

3KW right now, in veg.

Culled some today; am considering culling more. Started with 23, now down to 19. So ~6/light at the moment. Each footprint under light is is approx 4'x4' - 5'x5'

MFDOOOOM Man I wish I could give you more solid info. I actually only grow 4 girls at a time to avoid a felony where I live. However, That seems like a loy of plants in a 10x10 space. I have 4 in a 4x4 space and its pretty full. Seems that even with powerful lights it would be tough to get good even penetration for 19 plants in a 10x10 space. I hate to waste good plants but maybe veg a few in another room (if possible) Id try 14 or 16 plants at the most. Im no pro about how many to grow in a certain space under certain light wattage (there are ratio recommendations out there tho, I'll look for ya) so take my advice with a grain of salt.

chomsky

It's a damned good thing Fluence recommends the light only be 6 inches above canopy. Due to this Cal mag def, I had to let the girls heal and they grew really fast even during the deficiency. The tallest girl is 18 inches above the net. If they more than double in height even by a few inches Ill be growing into the light and even the ceiling. If they only double hopefully they wont quite double in size I should be perfect. Ill be pinching the hell outt of em the first week or two of the flip to hopefully slow and minimize the stretch...

Flipped this morning. Bring on the buds....

mfdoo0mm

MFDOOOOM Man I wish I could give you more solid info. I actually only grow 4 girls at a time to avoid a felony where I live. However, That seems like a loy of plants in a 10x10 space. I have 4 in a 4x4 space and its pretty full. Seems that even with powerful lights it would be tough to get good even penetration for 19 plants in a 10x10 space. I hate to waste good plants but maybe veg a few in another room (if possible) Id try 14 or 16 plants at the most. Im no pro about how many to grow in a certain space under certain light wattage (there are ratio recommendations out there tho, I'll look for ya) so take my advice with a grain of salt.

My plan is to switch over the low performers into a veg room. Some I just put outside, for now..

yeah, I was curious what the ratios were or if you had an idea. I appreciate you response, your plants are looking solid.

budsnblunts

Veteran
You thought about gently bringing them down to twelve/twelve? Reducing an hour here or there type of thing to limit the stretch...?

chomsky

You thought about gently bringing them down to twelve/twelve? Reducing an hour here or there type of thing to limit the stretch...?

Not sure about that? Id say just go ahead and switch. The real stretch usually happens a couple weeks into 12/12 so I don't know how easing them into a different light cycle would help? I know some people go 24 hours dark before they flip. That has nothing to do with stretch tho.

chomsky

OK, if it isn't one thing it's another. So I flipped and went down to tie up all light leaks. The room is pitch black However, in my Co2 sensor there is a green flashing light. I can cover it on the outside where its really bright no problem but it lights up the inside too and continues flashing through the vents that allow the Co2 reading to happen (I can't cover). Some light definitely spilling out. Is this going to be an issue? Its very faint green light but its fucking there. I don't think there is anything I can do about it.

Roor22

Not sure about that? Id say just go ahead and switch. The real stretch usually happens a couple weeks into 12/12 so I don't know how easing them into a different light cycle would help? I know some people go 24 hours dark before they flip. That has nothing to do with stretch tho.

I did a 48 hour darkness before switching to 12/12 but if you don't know what your doing I wouldn't suggest it, it is a high stress technique and will super stress your plants but I already got hairs and I shut the lights off on feb. 16 for 48hrs. Most cannabis can take a lot of abuse but only if you have a strong and healthy root system, I was cleaning up a couple week old clone with a xacto and sliced the main stem all the way thru only a little piece was still attached taped the cut and supported the stem with a stick 2 weeks later 💯

Roor22

OK, if it isn't one thing it's another. So I flipped and went down to tie up all light leaks. The room is pitch black However, in my Co2 sensor there is a green flashing light. I can cover it on the outside where its really bright no problem but it lights up the inside too and continues flashing through the vents that allow the Co2 reading to happen (I can't cover). Some light definitely spilling out. Is this going to be an issue? Its very faint green light but its fucking there. I don't think there is anything I can do about it.

Green light won't effect photosynthesis, they recommend only green light while lights off.

chomsky

I used to think that greenlight did not affect plants either. Several numbers here have sent me articles and I've read other saying that in fact it does. There's a lot of debate you can certainly find information on that on these forums. Just type in green light

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Chomsky is it possible to open the sensor up and put some electrical tape around the LED maybe. If you can't I doubt it will affect anything. I had to do this with aircons.