What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ SHORT PRE 99 BLUE BERRY PROJECT

I think it's funny someone contacted me a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I wanted to trade a cut of the forum for his "pre2k" cut. I asked him what his cut smelled like and he said he can't remember exactly. I was like wtf?? I am sorry but if you have that old blue girl that won the cup around that time u are not ever gonna forget what she smells like.

So my thought on the situation is he got passed a fake cut or paid for a fake cut.

lol I'm sure you must be talking about me. I think you got some of the facts wrong though bro. Here is a direct quote from my message to you.

"Well, she has been passed around the NE area as Pre-2k BB. Def smells very blueberry. Taste I can't say I unfortunately didn't get to smoke much she just went so damn quick and I had lots of others at the time, plus my palatte is not quite so developed. I only flowered her out once and then had to wait to get her again from my bro cause I didn't take cuts."

So yeah it's true I don't remember much the taste and don't smoke enough to tell you if she tastes exactly like blueberries or not sorry bro.

I don't think I got a fake cut though I got this from the same source in Maine I got my M.O.B cut from which was the real deal. I think this girl is exactly what she is labeled as. I just can't tell you she is exactly the girl you are looking for that smells and tastes exactly like blueberries and not blueberry muffins and not floral blueberry bouquet, but exactly straight up blueberries. Sorry man I can't confirm that kinda detail. But she does smell very blueberry, like I said originally.

Anyway, here is the girl in question. Yes she is dank. Yes people still ask for her 6 months after the one time I ran her. No I will not be getting rid of her any time in the foreseeable future. Yes I consider myself one lucky mofo to have her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cooper1

No I read frank was saying he can get to the source and I was just saying the best blue ever stright up was that bb pie I posted as pic of it early in the thread but I got some crazy stem run on these going to flip next week very happy with my pre 99 when grown right she puts out took me a couple runs to work with her but now I getting some nice huge not rock hard put hard nugs so the fun will start in a week for these Take pics in a day or so I allso crossed my pre 99. X ( gorilla grape x north berry ). The north berry is nl#5 x blue berry
Got some pretty sick Smells and structures going here

I pop a shit load this time like 15 differnt kinds half cool stuff I made and some cool shit

Frank I got a sweettooh#4 x kksc you
Made how are those in seeing swt dom can't wait

I made this bad ass new cross kosher kush x godbud I call it Zeus og
She got a weird shape to her so I allso got this star dawg x chem dd male I'm going to hit that Zeus og with
The Zeus og fucking stinks the worst in the whole garden if u ever grown the kosher kush the. U know that bitch stinks
I'll start a new thread on all this and get clones out to u guys soon all in good time the blue Berry is making a come back that all I know it's out there lost in genetics it could be found and better then the first and sound like we got a small army on the job one of use will get it I want to set her free

Mikenite69

Veteran
Funk jungle it definitley wasn't you I could say the members name but I am not gonna blast him in open forum.

There has been a couple of people I have discussed and talk to about there blueberry cut there are multiple memebers that claim to hae the pre2k cut.

If I was gonna put you into the mix I would of said how you told me that you haven't flowered the cut out in a while.

Like I said I could members names but I won't. Plus why would I mention u in this post when we already talk about linking up for me to try your cut. If u wanna pm about this issue I can talk to you directly about who's supposedly pre2k cut I was talking about.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Cooper1 - the KKSC x Swt#4 was made by my bro Phillthy - but we did releases some together via Stank Bros. That cross is called Venus.

I found them to be rather SWt#4 dominant in some regards. There are certainly plants that come through with that grapefruit scent - but they retain some of the musky spiciness of KKSC. The more Swt#4 plants tend not to grow as fast or stretch as much. The plants that tend to have better side branching and vigor tend to express more KKSC traits - and they also have that typical blocky flower flower structure from KKSC. There are some REALLY nice plants in there. Great daytime smoke that really is very social and creative. And worth mentioning - it is a rather high yielding line...

Out of all the plants I've grown - I found women tend to really enjoy this cross - which may have played a role in why Phillthy named it what he did.

Phillthy's Carolina Blue pics (to keep it blue in here):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Carolina Blue was a complete pain to grow - but when taken care of, she was amazing smoke. One of her unique attribtutes was she literally had zero cieling. The more you smoked of her, the more intense and surreal the effects became. She could take you from zero stress and complete comfort - to feeling like the floor below you was made of water and you were on a boat trying to keep your balance in a heavy storm...

There is a reason I chose to breed with her...hahaha. Posted those to remind people of the potential of what Cooper1 is working with here in using the Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 line as the father material for his hunt...

Carolina Blue is a perfect sport example of modern DJ type blueberry. Digi is the old school classic unadalterated blueberry. The two together represent so much possibility combining a span of well over 20 years of genetic separation.

Some where in the pre-99 BB sativa x (CB x DB Bx1) is going to be some serious winners.

dank.Frank

Oh damn ok Mikenite sorry bro. I thought it was kinda odd to post that up. Just seemed like quite a coincidence, too much I figured for it to not be me lol. But ok my mistake. Peace to the all blueberry lovers!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not supposed to be posting / discussing private messages in the public forums in the first place. That is against TOU - I'd edit your post if you haven't already...especially when the topic is about exchanging / trading cuts - which is also against TOU... just saying. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Cooper1

Frank how hard is it to be a private breeder on the bay I got so much sick shit I made just sitting hear not even blue berry but other shit too

Cooper1

Thanks frank didn't like that drama in my thread u guys need to smoke some blue berry or something about peace and helping each other around here

captinahab

Hey dank frank, are all 5 of those pics carolina blue?. The first pif looks more sweet tooth dominante.. maby it just the way the pic was taken. That last pic im guessing was not fully dry and cured (stems aint shrunk all the way). Do you notice a blue hue to the resin? Like if you made oil out of it it would hqve a blue glaze look to it?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cooper1 - you gotta talk to clarence about the vendor stuff. I don't want to say anything that isn't accurate. I've seen several people that are now private vendors establish a reputation by first sending things into the server fund - and then good reports coming in from members who had run the gear, naturally creates a demand for more. The other thing I have seen happen is people entering their work into the ICmag cup and placing - which also creates a demand for that persons efforts. But that is just observation speaking - you gotta talk with Clarence for the actual particulars of such...

CaptinAhab - All those pics are Carolina Blue. The first pic is actually the same flower as the second pic - just a few day prior before it had tailed out - and from a slightly different angle, but it's the exact same plant.

Carolina Blue was extremely single cola - and getting her to branch even to take a cut to keep her going was only one of the difficulties in keeping her around.

You can see how she was topped at one of her lower internodes - and still never really provided any further side branching in this SOG pic of her in a 1 gallon container:

picture.php

Pictures from MeltingPot:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Again - you see the very single cola nature of the plant.

And while the flowers did certainly have a very blue/silver hue to them - the resin / extracts didn't appear any different than normal...

The dried flowers in the picture were fully dried - she just had a really thick / fat main stems. Those were likely the tops of several plants - and that means it's not ever side branching but meristem - so naturally they'd be a bit thicker looking. But no, those flowers were completely dry.

Original smoke report thread from back in 2009 - these were some of the first Carolina Blue flowers ever grown, might have been before she was even cloned, ie the very first run.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=140466

dank.Frank

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Okay, let's straighten some things out....

Dutch Passion never had DJ's blueberry parents. He made all of the seeds they sold until '02 when Hank called and said that they no longer need him cause they found good enough stock to keep making seeds and not pay him. So they left that owing him €40k. Anything after '02 is actually F6 blueberry made by hank, not F5s from DJs original stock.

His F4 mother from '98 is all around as he has spread it freely to the medical community. He did lose his sativa blueberry male though.

So to say the least DJ is touchy about people using his work for breeding. I never followed this thread. Hope you didn't sell a whole bunch of beans.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I knew they didn't have his parents - wasn't sure the exact details - thank you for sharing that TMB - you always have such good insight on things. I love it when you guys in the know share that type of genetic history. I'm such a junkie for that kind of info. :respect:

I've never worked with any of DJ's specific cuts...and I don't think these guys are working with the DJ Blueberry sativa club cut...as it has come to be known.

I think the pre-99 sativa they are growing was originally sourced out of West Virgina many years back...fwiw

But I'm not even 100% sure they are growing what is known on the boards as O's cut ...

I'm following along with this thread mostly for the sake of seeing how my Carolina Blue x Digi Bx1 cross pairs up with other blueberry selections...and to be of any assitance and support I can in case any questions arise regarding the use of one my seedlines. Call it long term tech support. That's what you get with Stank Bros. :joint:

You know me, TMB - at heart I'm just a Digi fanatic.

dank.Frank

captinahab

Okay, let's straighten some things out....

Dutch Passion never had DJ's blueberry parents. He made all of the seeds they sold until '02 when Hank called and said that they no longer need him cause they found good enough stock to keep making seeds and not pay him. So they left that owing him €40k. Anything after '02 is actually F6 blueberry made by hank, not F5s from DJs original stock.

His F4 mother from '98 is all around as he has spread it freely to the medical community. He did lose his sativa blueberry male though.

So to say the least DJ is touchy about people using his work for breeding. I never followed this thread. Hope you didn't sell a whole bunch of beans.
Rat in the drain ditch.... caught on a limb

........ nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

captinahab

Thanks for the link dank frank. I read that 24 page thread.. that lead to a 29 page thread. I have a lot better understanding how she likes to be treated now.

captinahab

In the end of the last thread you were talking about re-veg. Here is two picks of big buddha blue cheese flyer that i have been moving twice a day for the last 2 weeks or so. I just snapped the pics ten minutes ago. The buds stretch out and then little sprouts pop up. She will grow funky for 2 months ..... but she will come right out of it. Zoom in on the pics its kinda cool.. it looks like baby plants growing outta the top of the buds.

In back is a blue cheese 2nd harvest at day 78

I find that carolina cut and ill throw her in a 50 gallon smart pot. Should give her enough time to bend her vertical and get some side shoot clones off her before she gets root bound and autoflowers.

Latest posts

Latest posts