What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJ SHORT PRE 99 BLUE BERRY PROJECT

Cooper1

The smellin in the room now is a sweet all most grape jelly but once u touch the crystals it's full on blue berry to the max

My whole goal was to make
A bigger blue berry plant and that's just what happen the pre 99 has more fake blue berry berry taste and smell like a scratch and sniff sticker but my craneberry sauce is sweeter and has authenticness like of u took real blue berries smashed them up and smelled it it would be kinda grape blue berry smell

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is her structure pretty much that single cola growth pattern with not too much side branching? IF so, that is some influence from the Carolina Blue...

For comparison - Carolina Blue @ 4 wks

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Cooper1

The one they call craneberry sauce doesn't look like that many side branches if I super crop her then I talking 13-20 bad aaa tops and all get rock hard with the most amour of crystal I ever seen

Cooper1

Here is a better pic to see her
Size it in 7 gallon pots I did 7.6 o each last run and was my first run in new spot so allway couple kinks u get in a new room this run will be epic

Cooper1

Here we go week 7 crane berry sauce

I thought my last run was better this shit crazy covered when done they finish a cranberry color and taste stright blue berry on the tung

Cooper1

She a huge momma I did over 7 oz each plant last run and rock hard balls of cyrstels I a heavy smoker and the cran will put me to sleep
Pre99 Dj short sativa cut x (Carolina blue x digital blue ) aka cranberry sauce going to be putting se cuts out in Oakland hope this makes it around to you guys becUse she is a beast by all means

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super glad you've found something you enjoy out of the time spent with this project!

Looks pretty chunky. Would love to see some more shots!

dank.Frank

Mikenite69

Veteran
Very nice they looks very nice. Cuts in Oakland suck! We need cuts on the mag! Lol

It's been a while since I smoked a good blueberry. I have gotten so frustrated with seed pops labeled "blueberry" that I have stopped trying to look for that old blueberry girl in seeds. I know Verdents is a good place to look for blueberry in seed form. I must say it's refreshing to see others that also miss that legendary creation that dj short originally created. Hands down my favorite smoke of all time I would only grow that cut if I still had it.

"HEMPEROR"

nice thread ive just got my hands on blueberry cuts from over the pond! detroit blueberry and pre99 blueberry sativa (lems) cut cant wait to sample there buds! subbed to this thread! cheerz

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Just know I am actually here, watching, reading and more than willing to help with any information I can.

I'D REALLY like to see you address that serration question. It's very relevant to the phenotypes that will be seen in the plant. It is essential to understand as much as you possibly can about the parents. If you can't answer that question - you don't have a full understanding of what you are selecting for - no offense intended.

Just to make sure we are on the same page with your selection criteria and such. Looking forward to seeing your project progress...

dank.Frank

Sorry, i'm still only on page 7 dunno if this was already answered. I thought the Double Sawtooth was a characteristic of Blueberry. But i think it might be a feature in the original Cali-O.

It's been a lotta years and bong hits since OG but i distinctly remember the DoubleSawtooth Being a BB marker along with the mutations. But if it wasn't BB i'm thinking of then it was Cali-O.

"HEMPEROR"

dj shorts pre99 blueberry sativa! (lemonhoko) cut! uk exclusive ! keeping this baby on lockdown lol! cant wait to flower this girl out!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

happy days...........:biggrin:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Got my old blue cut as well!

Got my old blue cut as well!

This is my old blueberry sativa cut that has been floating around NY for many years now. Finally track her down from a friend of a friend still alive and kicking!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

"HEMPEROR"

I can't see this but I fuckin want too, Have heard nothing but rave reviews about her. I can't wait for beans to come back on the market.

Hey sorry bro I wasn't aware pics didn't show if your album was private
Here ya go. Bb sativa in all her glory..:biggrin:

C

corygreen

why there such a must to get real blueberry by going through packs of DJ's blueberry when you can either get blue dream, azure haze, or True blue and cross with DJ's current blueberry and bam you have real stinky blue berry plant with a little more kick due to the haze influnce... I to had a bunch of blue berry and found out myself that the cali con blue berry haze has a straight sativa dom bluebery pheno and I didn't due it yet but once I move In the next cuple months that wil be a project for myself cause I think DJ is a great breeder but he breed the same stuff for so long his stuff needs to be woken up with a cross just like breeding dogs you breed tight then you out cross and then tighten back up the line I know it seems like a real project but I truly believe the first P1 cross will treat you to a real blue smelling and tasting plant.... This just my opinion not built on actual fact though I believe it will work a thousand times faster then spending a bunch of money on blueberry beans I don't believe I should have to buy more than one breeders pack of anything to find what I'm looking for when I can just cross look for phenos that makr the cut and cross back if needed....

Scrappy-doo

My keeper cut from lemonhoko's blueberry bx.

picture.php

picture.php

Mother is the same cut as the OP.

The stink on this girl is absurd. Straight blueberry funk for days I still can't get over how strong it is.

There's frostier and prettier phenos from the pack but none have the ridiculous nose this girl has. Very pleased.

Cooper1

Can't Believe it's been allmost 4 years when I started this project still
Killing it with the cb x db x pre98dj aka Blue Berry Buffalo allmost 4 years later
I lost all the beans I ever made of these well got stolen
I found a buddy I gave a bunch of these seeds 4 years ago hope there still good
Going to search out for some different blue berry goodness I keep it posted

Latest posts

Latest posts