What's new

DJ SHORT PRE 99 BLUE BERRY PROJECT

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking very good, Cooper - loving all the double serrations. Can you describe the smells on the stem rubs?

Did you separate the plants by post this time? Are we looking at 3 different plants or...???...it makes it really hard to differentiate when there are repeated images too...

Looking more indica than you had expected?

dank.Frank

Mikenite69

Veteran
It will be nice to see if you could lock down that special blueberry from NYC. That is most likely the same cut that I smoked many years ago. The smell and taste were amazing so much to the point that it is my favorite smoke of all time. The high was truly euphoric made you feel a sense of self worth and just overall amazing weed. You could also smell it clear across the room and it smelled of pure blueberries. Not bb pancakes not bb muffins straight blueberry also tasted like blueberry all the way through a joint truly amazing.

I have also been hunting through almost every blueberry on the market to find that unique taste and smell only to be disappointed.

Lyryc the reason why the blueberry u tried of djs was different is because he changed the lines. I think he wound up losing one of the parent plants. So chances are that killer blueberry taste will be lost forever. Unless one of the dudes that are holding the real cut release it to the word instead of hoarding it.

My guess is people on the east coast that have the cut are holding her down because we are about to become a medical state sometime in the near future. So if your one of the few people that hold that rare old cut u know you have something that will always be in demand or atleast have something that the depos wil want and pay for on a regular basis.

I have been tinkering with a blueberry myself because that is my all time favorite weed. So I won't stop until I find that one truly unique gem.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Digi = blueberry muffin... it leaves a room smelling like you have something baking in the oven after being smoked.

The "muffin" aspect is hard to describe...very slight nutty / doughy type smell...but that really doesn't pin point it.

The Carolina Blue - was very much like a blue pixie stix type of smell - with a more mixed berry - not straight blueberry.

I'd expect the plants that Cooper is showing that have the double serrations to be more in line with the Digi terpene profile, which is why I asked in particular about how those plants smell...

I truly think that if Cooper sorts enough of these seeds he's made off the CB x Digi Bx1 - he will find exactly what he is looking for. The problem is - this makes it much like many other blueberry lines - it requires a lot of hunting to find what is special...

I personally want a blueberry line that DOES NOT require the hunt. I'm still working on my take on such a line...have been for many years.

I'd like to think that between Cooper, MikeNite, VerdantGreen, Chili_Berkster, and myself - that we are able to reach such a marvelous thing faster...

Because I would tend to agree - the blueberry we all love was some how lost in the work DJ has brought to all of us. And this is NOT a jab at DJ - because we are all, we the exception of the Digi cut - trying to utilize his work to bring back to the equation what is missing...

But at the same time - I think that might also be the crux and in large part the problem.

Which is again, why I hold Digi with such high esteem. Nothing is lost in that cut...I've yet to hear of an older blueberry...

I wish I knew for certain if the blueberry mother that Cooper used is also the same cut referred to as O's blueberry...which is a pre-99 blueberry sativa. It would be helpful to know such things...

It might be time to start looking back to the old Oregon Dabney as potential parental material as well...

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Cooper1

As far as I know she is the o's she came from Washington state from Lem he is greenbeanz
Seeds he ownes I ran her 3 times and better ever time stright bb on the toung I'll take some pic with the number near them
Got a lot of females only 2 males
I'm smelling that menthol and berry in the stem rub I'll get some deal for you tonight

Cooper1

I head to do year of searching and I lot of wheeling a dealing but I got it I'll take some pics of her I. Her glory like week6

But there one fav I will need if I do find the blu berry of
old I need help spreading this shit for free to everyone let the beast out the cage coast to coast

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it is O's cut - that is interesting. That cut is held with pretty high regard within my extended circle of peeps...it has a couple other names it's been called over the years too, fwiw.

You know I'm rooting for you and wish you nothing but the best as you sort through these line progressions.

How many different plants were we looking at in that last series of pics? I for sure counted 3 - but wasn't entirely sure if that was all...

On the Digi dominant plants - there should be a very clear and distinctive skunky berry aroma coming from them at this stage when given a stem rub. Within the digi line and her outcrosses, I know with 100% certainty which plants are going to have the most berry influence while in veg - the smell is that clearly defined.

Are you detecting that at all?

dank.Frank

Cooper1

Last night did some cleaning befor I went out to the garden so my hand a smelled like bleach I'll do at detailed list and I number the plants I wait till I cut clone to do that but getting close so I make it happen

Mikenite69

Veteran
You are 100% right Dank frank it's gonna take a lot of people to get that trait that everyone is after locked down. I mean especially if you are going the male/female seed route.

I mean selfing the original cut would most likely get you where u want to be faster. Especially if you have that old blueberry sativa. I had that cut years ago mine might of been a different pheno but it was a pheno found in a pack if dj seeds over 10 years ago. She looked very sativa and flowered in a indica time frame. The BluebErry smell was unmistakable as soon as she started to get a smell to her and it only got more pronounced as she matured. It also wasn't a low tiny yielder like a lot of the blueberry lines you see today she actually yielded pretty well.

I have 3 blueberry plants of my own growing right now that I am kinda excited about. I mean one of them is a dj short blueberry I mean not sure I'll get the smell that I want and am looking for out if her but she is just a pretty plant all around to her maroon/redish/purple hollow stems to the beautiful coloring she gets on the undersides of her leaves.

Now my Dutch passion blueberry seeds I am hopeful about 1 is very sativa and am hoping she carrys that blueberry taste and high. The other plant looks like a perfect hybrid between sativa and indica. She also has the double serrated leaves like my blueberry he/she male had. I still have pollen from my he/she male and from a couple of plants I started where I used him for a cross the offspring are showing double serrations like there daddy did. I used his pollen on a nortern lights blue clone and a blueberry bud clone. Both the northern lights blue clone and the bb bud clone both has a nice berry smell but nothing like that old blueberry more watered down versions. I would be stoked to see if that male added more blueberry smell to the cross and I will have something special.

Well good luck that blueberry sativa sounds like a good starting point to work the line.

I'll be watching with anticipation to see what you find and if you can actually lock down that special cut that we all love. I think anyone that has tried that old blueberry cut hold that strain within there top 5 best weeds of all time....

Mikenite69

Veteran
dutch passion Blueberry sativa

dutch passion Blueberry sativa

here is my blueberry sativa from dutch passion 1 week into flower.. I am very hopeful for this girl stem rubs are smelling spot on i just hope she doesnt change...

:woohoo:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I know what you mean about that stem rub. I had a blueberry x sweet tooth #4 male. It was the strongest smelling plant. Even in veg it was strong. Unfortunately I had to stop growing then and didn't get a clone.

Heres my Blueberry x SweetTooth ~
picture.php

picture.php

Its one of my favorite plants to breed with. It makes unbelievable crosses when X'd to the Chem line.
I believe, if Im not mistaken, that the original breeder from CO has stopped making these seeds because the Blueberry(indica) used was a hermi mess. It passed the hermi trait to the BB x ST. I just popped the last of the last of these beans, on Earth, to find a good male.
Found one, and am gonna keep him as long as humanly possible.
1 out of the 3 BB x ST's I have going, hermied in wk 1, so I chopped it and tossed it, along with its clones. 2 females left.
Im making more seed of the (BBxST) x (BBxST)BX1 and Ill continue to breed out the hermi traits from the BB line used.
Ill make an inbred line starting with the famale that wont hermi after much stress. This line shouldnt be givin up on just because of this issue.
Ive seen the hermi trait appear in every 1 out of 6 plants, that get ballsacks along with the female calyxs.
The nanners are like 1 in every 4 plants.
After X'ing her with the Chem line, she doesnt throw nanners much, if at all.
Ive grown the Chemical Blue 3x's and I loved it. Im making these beans available to all through gifting, and the Bay.
The Chemical Blue "revamped" is gonna be a really good one too.
Chemmy Jones x (BB x ST).
Some of the dankest herb Ive encountered to date was DJ Shorts True BB. Wish I got a cut of that. I tried like hell.
Grower wasnt parting ways with a clone, no way, no how.

Last edited:

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey muffinheads. Good luck in your search. Some real gems are to be found. The digi bx1's did outstanding outside. Some of the strongest/fastest plants. Some strong ganga. Sticky icky panty dropper cannabis. Non gmo too!. Lets keep it that way. Thanks and Keep her rockin guys. Digi dont dissapoint.

Cooper1

Just finished the pre-99 DJ short blueberry She def a pretty nice run these things are fucking ridiculous can't wait to see combined with the CD x DB

Cooper1

I'll take better pics after their dry I cut them two days ago I also got Girl Scout cookies, chem dd(garlic pheno) and alien blueberry. Chem DD is ridiculous