What's new

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
The best I've done with my LED design is 1.43g/w. That is feeding lightly and without co2. I've started feeding much more heavily and have added co2 so I am really looking forward to see if there is much improvement.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
XB200 - wk4 - Karma Genetics Testers - London Loud and Mochiesel

Notice I got the temps up a bit. I do listen to what you tell me.

picture.php

Louds #9 (2 cuts) and #2 (5 cuts) can be seen in this picture. #4 is on the far left edge.

picture.php

Mochiesel #9 - side profile shot. I'm hoping she wants to turn purple.

picture.php

Loud #2

picture.php

Loud #4

picture.php

This at least gives you a bit of an idea how the room is looking. I'd say about 3/4 of the room is full. The 15 plants in the right side have sort of taken over. That's okay though. Flowers are flowers.

The London Loud smell all quite similar. Mostly Cheese - sweet skunk with a bit of toe jam/foot funk - some have slight hints of fuel - but mostly they smell like the UK Cheese cut.

The Mochiesel - is starting to smell a bit dank. It might actually have some potential. Smelling like a fruity slightly sour kush at the moment.

I don't think things are quite done stretching. I'd like to see them keep reaching over the next week or so. That might give me more confidence in yield potential.

So this defoliation thing. Guess I need to get on that.

dank.Frank

Scrappy-doo

Frank the best advice I could give on defoliation is don't be afraid to start plucking! :)

Do a little at a time until you get comfortable, or if you're feeling brave clean them up real good all at once. Either way the plants recover and within a few days the remaining leaves adjust, and the canopy is full again. You can start like you mentioned... Big fan leaves first that are obviously blocking lots of light. A few days later after they adjust you'll see which other leaves need to go. For me this continues all throughout flowering right up until harvest. I'm almost always plucking a leaf or two any time I'm in there working.

That's mostly all I do, but there are other ways I'll defoliate sometimes for purposes other than penetration. I have a headband about to go into flower that just loves to stretch and I'm aiming to not let it. Then there's the snow monkey a week in that I'm undecided on what to do with. I'll post up in my thread and the snow monkey thread some before and afters.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frank the best advice I could give on defoliation is don't be afraid to start plucking! :)

Do a little at a time until you get comfortable, or if you're feeling brave clean them up real good all at once. Either way the plants recover and within a few days the remaining leaves adjust, and the canopy is full again. You can start like you mentioned... Big fan leaves first that are obviously blocking lots of light. A few days later after they adjust you'll see which other leaves need to go. For me this continues all throughout flowering right up until harvest. I'm almost always plucking a leaf or two any time I'm in there working.

That's mostly all I do, but there are other ways I'll defoliate sometimes for purposes other than penetration. I have a headband about to go into flower that just loves to stretch and I'm aiming to not let it. Then there's the snow monkey a week in that I'm undecided on what to do with. I'll post up in my thread and the snow monkey thread some before and afters.
I was the same way when I first tried defoliating.

I've since learned to be ruthless. Otherwise I'm constantly removing leaves.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mochiesel #9 @ 4wks

picture.php

This plant has potential. I like pretty much everything I'm seeing about her so far.

I did pull some more large fans out today. I'll keep at it slowly and progressively. WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS...my canopy is full of buds. It's hard not to rub up against things. I hate molesting my flowers while they are growing. I'll have to learn how to grow a bit differently to really maximize the potential of these LED panels. I'm okay with that in the broader sense.

Lights out after light defoliation and no color correction so you can see the true color of these girls. I'm pleased with the new soil mix created in this thread. Happy and healthy plants.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

I was the same way when I first tried defoliating.

I've since learned to be ruthless. Otherwise I'm constantly removing leaves.

My garden is perpetual so I'm constantly removing leaves anyways, but judging from your pics I'd say we defoliate about the same.

EDIT - Actually looking again I think I'm probably heavier handed with it. Not sure I can see any signs of defoliation on some of you plants tbh. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong pics?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My garden is perpetual so I'm constantly removing leaves anyways, but judging from your pics I'd say we defoliate about the same.

EDIT - Actually looking again I think I'm probably heavier handed with it. Not sure I can see any signs of defoliation on some of you plants tbh. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong pics?

No, you're right. It's been a while since I've done it. And I'm pretty sure I've never taken pics of it. I really need to do the tent, so maybe that will be my first photos of it.

Stretch is over, so I should be able to take quite a few. I just hope it doesn't stress them out too much because she's kind of sensitive.

Maybe I'll just do a couple of light defols over the next couple of weeks and it won't stress them too much.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread broke 100k views this week. It's actually well past that milestone already - but, I said I wanted to do something special for everyone who has been a participant in making this thread an asset. It's the dialogue that really adds the depth and I couldn't accomplish that without all the input and continuing conversation from everyone else.

Yes. I document for me. I document to go back and have a safe record that isn't on my own HDD.

This happened faster than I expected. More people lurking and reading than I realize. Everyone that has a post in this thread - before this post - will receive a gift. Won't be until around Christmas time, but I'll work out all the details with Seedbay and I'll cover any costs - and they can get things to members safely, as it has always been done.

However - thank you all - for your support. For your encouragement. For your wisdom. For your patience and understanding. For community. Thank you. Sincerely. I F.U.C.K.I.N.G. love this place. It is my home. It is the only place I am me.

It's an honor to share what I do...with all of you. :respect:

dank.Frank

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Congratulations DF, 100k all day! I haven't contributed anything significant in terms of dialogue, I try to drop a line to let you know I'm lurking in the background.

I do enjoy the dialogue and conversation between all the contributors. My :tiphat: to all the :artist:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Blazeoneup - What most people don't know - Phillthy followed your mix. Couldn't find all the same inputs, adapted it to what was at his disposal. When I gave him the NSPB mix to try, it was because I knew it was going to out perform.

At the end of the day though, you are in many ways, a catalyst to what my own mixes have become. You are just another unspoken legend in this game - and it's why I have so much respect for you.

You're a boss. Don't ever forget it. I'm looking forward to 1 mil now. Trust me though - the gift will be WORTH it. The work is already in progress...

dank.Frank

Safe Gardener

However - thank you all - for your support. For your encouragement. For your wisdom. For your patience and understanding. For community. Thank you. Sincerely. I F.U.C.K.I.N.G. love this place. It is my home. It is the only place I am me.

It's an honor to share what I do...with all of you. :respect:

dank.Frank

Frank, I know that I am mostly a lurker here but wanted to take a moment to thank you. The work that you do and the details that you share with the community helps so many of us in so many ways! This thread alone is such a wealth of valuable information that one could read just this and have a solid grasp on how to grow proper cannabis.

My contribution to this thread was only in the telling of a story when one of my dogs are an entire loaf of Canna infused bread. I hope at least a few we're able to get a laugh from my story and realize their animal if actually falls into the same situation will most likely be okay in a couple days.

Thanks again for all that you do and share with us. I'll go back under my rock now. :peek: :tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi D.F!

Your soil mix looks to be performing exactly perfect. Those plants are a vision of health! You must try a nice fat beefsteak plant in that mix someday!

I really want to do a soil bed one of these days. It will have to be next winter but I am looking forward to it. Knowing each run will get better and better!

Congrats on the 100k!

Have a great weekend!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Prodigygrower - Thanks for kind words.

@sdd420 - :tiphat:

@moses_wellfleet - What goes around comes around, brother!

@.............. - Thanks! I've got a few spots getting roughed up by the circulation fan. I had to redirect it a bit.

@Mars Hydro LED - Glad to have you here. We'll get to flowering with that EpiStar 160 here shortly. It's being used as a veg light currently.

@Safe Gardener - That is also the point of documenting everything. So others have a platform on which to learn. Sort of the purpose of this site, maybe kind of. Overgrow Prohibition. :joint:

I assure you all - the gift will be ORIGINAL and worth your while. It will most likely be feminized seeds from a selected ideal phenotype from a line currently in development.

dank.Frank

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That mochiesel looks like it's gonna be big and smothered in trichs. Congrats on the 100k. You do a nice thread bro. I probably am responsible for 1% of that number.. haha. Keep on growing, Greenthumb.

Latest posts

Latest posts