What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That mochiesel looks like it's gonna be big and smothered in trichs. Congrats on the 100k. You do a nice thread bro. I probably am responsible for 1% of that number.. haha. Keep on growing, Greenthumb.
I'm probably another 1% myself. I'm always digging through the beginning of this thread.

You are a credit to this board and cannabis growers. Not to mention your love of sticking your green thumb in the eye of The Man!!!

genetic freaked

Veteran
Damn man congrats on the 100k.

Garden is look spot on. I can’t wait to see them in 4 more weeks..

An ORIGINAL gift worth while hmmmm. I’ll just be over here wondering what it could be

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have a question for you Frank. Hopefully it has not been asked before. Do you adjust your soil mix for long flowering strains such as these A5 s1's? And if so, how?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Lester Beans - missed your comment in my last reply. My bad! Yes. The soil mix seems to be on point! 3rd round - it's been re-amended twice now since the original mixing - and it is smoothing sailing all the way. I'm really thrilled with it. A soil bed has it's perks, but certainly has some draw backs. I miss being able to move the plants in and out to get a better look at certain ones. Taking individual picutres of each lady is also a bit compromised - sort of hard to get the camera in just the right spot. It's definitely a more permanent type situation.

@Mr. Brunch - Yes. Frosty. I'll be honest though. I'm starting to get quite concerned about yield potential with these HGLED XB200s. I'm seeing what appears to be early pistil browning on some girls that doesn't necessarily add up. Looks like they are maturing without ever really starting to swell. I'm always a skeptic until I have my numbers and my first pull through the daily driver. (small 12" straight tube, perc down stem with an inline perc ash catcher)

@Chili_B - thank you for the kind words. I have old school growers like you to thank for the example. Trying to keep this thread relevant. If the mochiesel swells, it's going to happen later in the flower cycle. I'm assuming these Sour Diesel genes will run up to 12wks.

@GOT_BUD - I like the way you phrased that! Your SSSDH x GROM/Digi run is looking on point. Can't wait to see her finish up. Thanks for the good vibes! (the first 40 pages are pretty in depth)

@Genetic_Freaked - Not 100% sure what that gift will be yet. You're good people. Thanks for staying true to the cause and spreading things like you do so freely. You get it. :joint:

@Heady Blunts - What it do, F.A.M!!!! I'm telling you - I'm trying! Hopefully, we have big things in the pipeline with some of the stuff happening behind the scenes now. Stank Bros will always be IC exclusive gear though.

@Bigtacofarmer - It comes down to root exudates controlling how and what and when the plant takes what it needs from the soil. I'm not fully convinced a sativa really feeds that much more than a indica except maybe that demand takes place at a different rate. Especially considering, the amount of veg time one is given vs the other.

One of the primary reasons I'm so very glad to have the A5 s1 and the BH#7 x A5 is to put that theory to the test more or less. I'm hoping the mix performs the same with a 14-18wk plant as it has with 9-12wk plants so far.

@Chuckyoufarley - I wasn't paying close enough attention to your thread. I'm sorry for your recent losses. Much love to you, F.A.M. Reach out anytime you want to chat. Thanks for the good vibes, brother! If the boot fits...hahaha. :joint:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mochiesel #9 @5wks - she's smelling like a grape sweet tart - and dank.

picture.php

picture.php

London Loud #4 @5wks - This one is looking like it's the best combo of the two genetics. It doesn't have the loudest terps yet - smells just like the cheese with a very mild fuel back end added.

picture.php

picture.php

You can tell the soil mix is pushing the plants a bit harder than the lights are driving them. That's why I'm getting tip burn. Also, I might be letting the bed get a bit too dry at times, which could also contribute to seeing a bit of burn.

Either way, yes, the XB200 is producing what appears to be a quality flower, I'm not fully convinced these plants are where they should be. They feel a bit behind to me but that could just be my natural skepticism kicking in.

dank.Frank

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looking good DankFrank, I don't have no experience with either strain so i'll take your word on whether or not their behind schedule, they do look pretty good for week 5 though.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
London Loud #9 @5wks - this is the smelliest of the group. They all smell about the same, but she has a sort of cheesy tart melon sort of note that is quite appealing. She has a much different flower structure. Much smaller. Much tighter. Much denser. She appeared out the gate to be the frostiest of the group, but I'm not so sure now.

picture.php

picture.php

London Loud #2 @ 5wks - this is the one that roots easiest, but seems most bothered by the nutrient load. There are more of this cut in the bed than any other. But, all in the back corners. I'll have to get a better picture of her. Her resin doesn't seem to be as pronounced, but she smells nearly identical to #4. Looks to have a more skunk flower structure though as opposed to #4 which seems to show more diesel line influence.

picture.php

Week 5 lights off pic. These were all taken several days ago, at the appropriate interval, I just haven't had time to get them posted. Sorry!!

picture.php

Week 6 update will show that difference accordingly, and I think they are starting to calyx out a bit more and swell a bit since those pics were taken. Patience is the key!!!

Thanks for the nudge. :tiphat:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks!

The Mochiesel, oddly, I wasn't too stoked to run (wanted zkittles x) but as Karma G promised...shut up and run these...it's shaping up to look like some potential legit fire.

I never doubted it. I've trusted Karma Genetics to bring the dank...since Happy Brother Bx1...over a decade ago. Literally. Nothing but respect for, KG.

dank.Frank

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Patience DankFrank son.

April i should have the Femmed version of Zowahh Zkittels cut X Reversed Karma Sour D. And they will make there way too you.

Looking good.

Here is a Mochiesel almost at the finish line.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-100821_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-100821_Instagram.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 22

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sure do know how to make a grower feel special, F.A.M. :respect:

You send it, I'll grow it. You know that!

But - I think I have a better pheno of the Mochiesel over here blooming. Telling you. Grape Sweet Tart smelling dankness. I'm stoked to see the color coming through in the pheno you posted though! I'd love to see some color pop up in the line.

dank.Frank

nickman

Veteran
@Frank, your bed is looking very nice... looks like your gonna have to start proppin those flowers up soon enough...!!!...

What a difference from when you first had all those clones plugged in ...!!!...

Seems those LED’s are doing something right over there ...!!!...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
if i may be a bit pretentious...about the fert load...those numbers you posted...are those numbers aggregate or a percentile of the total media?
i'm confused about how you tallied them.

i know in the 'organics' threads, it's been stated that plants will take what they need, as you have said in here. how do you think the CEC is affected, if at all, and we've all been told about nutrient lockout...will or does that lockout happen because of an imbalance in the ratios?...or have you adjusted and balanced them to prevent that happening?

girls are looking fabulous at five weeks!
thanks for your insights and expertise.

:joint: