What's new

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...The Blueberry Bx1 from VerdantGreen, that only I have - don't seem to be germinating either.

Mate, My BDB seeds still seem fine.. i got 5/6 germ .. so PM me. I still have the bx to my BB somewhere too in the vault !

VG

Sunshineinabag

There is so much potential in the garden right now, I'm almost embarrassed. The only thing missing is a great Blueberry. I just can't seem to get the seeds to sprout. Time is a bitch. The Blueberry Bx1 from VerdantGreen, that only I have - don't seem to be germinating either. The Snow x Bubba from Nspecta - nothing. The Dabney x Bluebubble from Chili - nothing.

Old seed is not being kind to me right now. Sort of why I keep saying I need invitro tech to germinate these special genes where the seeds are still alive but lacking energy... Soon, I hope.

dank.Frank

Welp frank! Ya spanked em again! Well done good sir

Miraculous Meds

There is so much potential in the garden right now, I'm almost embarrassed. The only thing missing is a great Blueberry. I just can't seem to get the seeds to sprout. Time is a bitch. The Blueberry Bx1 from VerdantGreen, that only I have - don't seem to be germinating either. The Snow x Bubba from Nspecta - nothing. The Dabney x Bluebubble from Chili - nothing.

Old seed is not being kind to me right now. Sort of why I keep saying I need invitro tech to germinate these special genes where the seeds are still alive but lacking energy... Soon, I hope.

dank.Frank

Yo amigo, gardens looking great. I may know someone if you wanna get some blueberry in the mix.
:)

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Prodigygrower -The hardest part is yet to come. I will have to cull some of these. Best problem to have is too many good phenos.

@Genetic Freaked - #1 - I think is more unique - more special. To have a true sour terp surface in what is predominantly a pure chem line - especially considering OG came from Chem '91 - but to find that sour terp - is amazing. It's proof the chem line some how holds that recessive terp profile - and it doesn't surface very often. Plant #1 - is SOUR like ECSD - maybe sweeter, less spice - but all the same, SOUR. Given she is more "kush" leaning in her stature and not a foxtailing sativa - means there is plenty of room for this new sour at the table. She's a true. Pure. Original. SOUR. All of her own making. All on her own merit. I'm hoping she smokes as good as she looks and smells - she's going to end up being head stash.

The Snomoji - is going to be a stellar plant. She was transplanted to 2.5 gallons and put under a 315w CMH. The Snow Monkey #2 - SeX mOnKeY - got the same treatment and I can't wait for her to really get some growth going. I'm excited to see what I can do with her - I know she has massive potential. Very excited to see both of these plants flower out. Snomoji - is going to really surprise people. This plant has a look I recognize very well, considering her gene pool. She's a throw back pheno - way back - into some of the very early years of her building blocks - she just has that look. I'll be seriously surprised if she isn't a stunner in the looks department. Hoping for frost like deep chunk along the edges of the leaves - but isn't that always the case?

@blazeoneup - Variety is the spice of life. Good to see you, brother. Thanks for passing through.

@moses wellfleet - If she keeps it up, she really will look more like a Bubba hybrid than a chem/og line offspring. I'm not ever against a pretty purple though. Purple SOUR...not offended in the least.

@darksider - I think what happened with #1 and #6 - both are more Afghani leaning. JJNYC outcrossed Chem D when he first started working the line. It's almost certainly the result of heavily crossing two separate lines that share a heavily incrossed and worked male. Seems like some recessive gene traits surfaced in the FAM95. I'd not hesitate to suggest these seeds to anyone looking for elite level plants from seed. Pricey. But worth every penny if you happen to strike gold like it appears I have. #1 could be a lifetime keeper.

@VerdantGreen - poor storage for years on my part, when it was outside of my control. A lot of my seeds are struggling with this same issue. No fault of yours, sir.

@Sunshineinabag - Eh. I'm not 100% happy with this run. These ladies could be better. New lights. New genetics. Learning curve necessary. I'm not unhappy - just not content. I'd like to see several of these ladies again in a more mono-crop style fashion to really see how they perform. The genetics are just putting out plants that are far above average. It's almost a crime not to be excited about the others, but #1 and #2 really do stand out. Thanks for the kind words.

@Miraculous Meds - Thank you! ...hmmmm. Noted. You have certainly dabbled in the gene pool. I gawk at your albums relatively frequently, in all honesty.

FAM95 #7 - She was the pheno that showed the lime green leaf discoloration in veg - ala Chem D. I'm not surprised, she's a garlicy toe jam smelling ball of funk. Big. Dense. Rock hard NUGGETS. Throw through a window type of buds. Her calyxes are coated with resin and there is nothing about her that wouldn't make me jump for joy in any other seed run. If she smokes, I know she is going to sit very pretty on the scale - and she does seem to want to finish slightly faster than her siblings - she is not going to be culled immediately in favor of others. I'm going to want to see her again. She reminds me of the old SFV x Chem D lines that were impossible to get the cuts to root. There were some stellar plants found in those pairings.

picture.php

Simple, quick room shot at 50 days - yes, there are some colas in there. The 2x Mars Hydro SP3000 can certainly grow some cannabis. I actually have some very mild light bleaching on plant #3. Oops. These things ARE bright.

What really catches my eye in this photo - is the cola from plant #2 - on the right side edge of the doorway - you can clearly see how much frostier she is than the rest of the room. She is positively glowing. :joint:

picture.php

Thanks for looking and conversing. Much love, ICmag!!! :respect:

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just heard some sad news. IC member and moderator FallenBuddha had a heart attack New Years day and passed.

He and I knew each other personally. He saved my ass one time - literally. If it wasn't for him I'd have ended up in a seriously desperate financial situation. Until someone lets you dry your outdoor harvest at their house, in a different state - that you've never actually met in person - you don't know what it means to have true graciousness extended to you. FB embodied what the cannabis movement was supposed to be about. I considered his handling of situations a sort of personal guide and often discussed things with him in IC chat - I considered him one of my early cannabis mentors.

First time I ever smoked Pre-98 and knew for sure that it was the correct cut. First time I ever smoked Abusive OG Kush. First time I tried bubble hash. First time I used glass with an inline perc - I still use an inline ash catcher.

I'm shocked by this news and have to admit it's hard to keep watching the greats drop. He was a true friend. When I had no other option, he gave me a life line. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

RIP FBeezy.

:respect:

dank.Frank

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just heard some sad news. IC member and moderator FallenBuddha had a heart attack New Years day and passed.

He and I knew each other personally. He saved my ass one time - literally. If it wasn't for him I'd have ended up in a seriously desperate financial situation. Until someone lets you dry your outdoor harvest at their house, in a different state - that you've never actually met in person - you don't know what it means to have true graciousness extended to you. FB embodied what the cannabis movement was supposed to be about. I considered his handling of situations a sort of personal guide and often discussed things with him in IC chat - I considered him one of my early cannabis mentors.

First time I ever smoked Pre-98 and knew for sure that it was the correct cut. First time I ever smoked Abusive OG Kush. First time I tried bubble hash. First time I used glass with an inline perc - I still use an inline ash catcher.

I'm shocked by this news and have to admit it's hard to keep watching the greats drop. He was a true friend. When I had no other option, he gave me a life line. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

RIP FBeezy.

:respect:

dank.Frank

no doubt,josey wales was one of those kinds of people,really helped me out when i was in a rough spot,if nothing else just by being there to talk to when things were getting ugly...and dansbud,sent me so many cuts over the years and would never accept a single penny to pay for shipping...

i guess your not a true icmagger until you've lost a friend here,even the ones you've never met in person still hurt...

Bio boy

my god haha i think i found my new guru haha.

man every living gardener seems to flower tiny plants. I grow trees.

dude... frank first guy who grows trees like me. That room is full and dank as hell.

.am off to find ya bed size and mixes time to order some bits me thinks.

And ready heavily all ur notes.

Got some rare seeds here some dank. And been asked to test some i wana make em the best ya know.

Hats off bro and moses... Thankyou for the point in the right direction u wasnt wrong haha i owe u a smoke pal
Shit man the mofe i read the more i get excited haha ur even growing how i wanted 80gal 9 girls.. Cant believe its identicle to me room almost haha i was questioning my bed size

Bio boy

@CDgM - Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to get back in the groove, but it's a slower process than I'd like. The GROM is one of those cuts that got overlooked. She was special in her own right and yes, she tasted like welch's white grape juice. Frostier than most every other elite I've seen. The 3 Snow Monkey hold some promise. If the trichome field density from the Glue + GROM pairs right with some flavor from the Digi, the plant will be a winner.

The final mix for this bed will look like this:

21 gal compost
7.5 gal coir
12.5 gal peat
3 gal EWC
3 gal black kow
2.5 gal vermiculite
2.5 gal permatil
6 gal perlite

3 3/4c - alfalfa meal
1 2/3c - aragonite
2 1/2c - azomite
3 1/3c - bat guano(N)
2 1/2c - bat guano(P)
1c - blood meal
5c - bone meal
1 2/3c - calcitic limestone
5 1/3c - crab meal
1c - diatomaceous earth/calcium bentonite
3 1/3c - dolomitic limestone
2 1/2c - dry molasses
1/2c - elemental sulfur
1c - feather meal
5c - greensand
2 1/2c - gypsum
2c - humic/fulvic
5 1/3c - kelp meal
2/3c - potassium sulfate
3 1/3c - rock phosphate
2c - sul-po-mg
8 1/8c - symphony

This is close enough to being within range without being exact that it won't make any difference to be more precise. I'm annoyed because I'm out of seabird guano. It'll change a bit again when I restock that amendment. But until then...

dank.Frank

isnt sul-po-mg and potassium suphate the same thing? it has 2 different ratios but both seraches brng the same suphate of potash up,

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to dank.frank again

That looks like a solid flower right there wow just beautiful! Guess the soil is on the mark eh? Well done!

eyesdownchronic

isnt sul-po-mg and potassium suphate the same thing? it has 2 different ratios but both seraches brng the same suphate of potash up,
no, sul po mag is a combination of epsom and potassium sulfate. generally much higher in Cl impurities. I don't really understand how sulpomag ie langbeinite is considered organic.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frank this round is looking so awesome! Fucking stacking proper my friend. Bet them gonna be some bell ringers.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I imagine it's against TOU to bid on that cola. Just kidding!
But I had to come back for another look.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@heady blunts - thanks, F.A.M. - I'm certainly on a much better track this year, as far as the garden is concerned. I'm aiming for no less than 5 harvests this year. Multiple rooms at some point. If I pull 3 out of 2 other rooms, I'd be beyond content and consider it a very successful year.

As much as I want to keep sprouting seeds, what I really need to focus on is consistent production, at least until there is a 3rd room. That would give me seed space. Until then, I need to focus on the best of what I currently have running, and keep cropping.

Fam95 (multiple phenos more than likely), Snow Moneky #2, and if this Snomoji I've picked out is legit - not to mentions a pure haze - that's rotation enough, in all fairness, for one 12.5 square foot room. I'll start more seeds once I eliminate the Fam95 phenos that aren't going to stick around.

Oh. Yeah. Happy New Year. Hope you crush it in 2021. :respect:

@unclefishstick - Yeah man. Josey was and is a legend in his own right for sure. I hope one day to have a clone worthy of spreading in such a fashion. Although. I won't lie. Snow Monkey #2, selected by Genetic Freaked - is a beast of a plant. It's GG4 x his stupid frosty GROM/Digi Bx1 male. He has two keepers from that line - and you might call #2 the Glue pheno - EXCEPT - the finished flowers are nothing like GG4. Not in terps nor in effects. However, that glorious glue chunk is there. That leaf curl is there. That crazy resin field density is there - if not better, to be honest. Not as LOUD as Glue. It's a different plant all in all, even if the weight of the flowers make it flop all the same.

I'm really looking forward to getting the SM2 into a round of flower. I've had here since - wow - uhhhh - mid- October, maybe. Maybe sooner. It took her a month to root. Once she did, I transplanted - then she stalled out. Nothing happening up top, but her roots expanded to fill a 1/2 gallon container. I left her stalled out for maybe 2 months, then one day I saw she had new growth out of an old calyx - almost like she had revegged.

She's still been a bit weak, but since transplant into 2.5 gal and put under the 315w CMH to veg out - she's for the first time starting to look happy. I'm planning on running 18 next round. I'd like to get at least 6 of those to be her, ideally.

Truth be told, it's the cut that made my girl...excited. Every time we smoked it, she became...well, I'm excited to grow more of this cannabis. It's fun. She did in fact, dub the cut, "sex monkey", so...I kindaaaaaa want jars of it. :joint:

@Bio boy - I'll respond to your PMs shortly. I appreciate the kind words, but the simple truth is, I learned what I learned from others. I've had many growers adapt my recipes and then provide feed back. Things have been refined. I learned information from this site, so I provided information, freely, back to this site.

Bed size is really irrelevant. I give a mix based on what I did and still do, personally. It's all ratio based once a recipe is set. Just look at base volume of soil/media. If my mix is A gallons and your mix is B gallons - then find the difference in percentage of volume. Find that number, then add or subtract that same percentage from each individual ingredient and compensate accordingly.

If I'm not mistaken, Moses, follows the recipe to some extent and has put a twist on it that works for him. I'm never one to sit here and beat a drum and say this is the only way. Again, I just know what I've done...how I've responded and adapted to those results, and this thread, is the culmination of those years and those attempts.

I know you've liked the posts in the Stank Bros sub-forum, which is awesome. If you start talking substitutes with products, then you can use the formulas provided in the “measuring amendments” sticky. If you get a soil test done then you can use the base NPK values I’ve provided in the thread as a target goal for nutrition levels contributed per amendment added.

Current Mix used in the thread - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8532670&postcount=10
Measuring Amendments thread - https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358312

@moses wellfleet – Thanks, man. You understand now why I was saying I felt the TK x 88 G13/HP F2 – could serve as an excellent pollen donor for this particular line. Just seems like they would pair very smartly. #7 – just reminds me of the old SFV x Chem D lines – this is definitely a chem leaning plant with a strong OG twist. It’s just beautiful cannabis, all in all.

@Lester Beans – Yeah, #7 is one chunky beast. Very big, dense HEAVY flowers. I’d be worried something like this outdoors might mold or rot, but indoors it seems to be just fine. #5 – I think – is going to make even heavier flowers. It’s just going to take a bit longer. #5, if you didn’t know better, you’d think it was a pure chem clone. She’s going to be a crazy looking plant when done – looking very similar to Chem 4, I’d expect. However, #5 – is not happy in the room. Either a lighting issue or feeding issue. Likely lighting, because she is taller than the rest. I’ll post her up when she is a bit more mature – errors and all.

@eyesdownchronic – there ARE specific reasons to use both. Adequate sulfur provision from varied inputs. Proper balancing of Ca:Mg ratios, 7:1 – 10:1 range. Release rates between the two products I’m using. The 0-0-50, is actually micronized and water soluble and can be used in drip lines. The 0-0-22 is pelletized and takes a bit more time to break down.
As far as why some sources are considered organic and others not – probably has a lot to do with lobbying bodies impacting the USDA NOP board, just like everything else. However, there are better and best sources for MOST amendments. For example, the calcium phosphate I use is from Fertoz and has an awesome amount of plant available silica as well. Input quality does matter.

@Critter – thanks for the kind words, F.A.M. – I look forward to getting your take on them. Going to be hard to decide what is what, I think. Going to need that extra input.

@NEW ENGLAND – thanks for the kind words, man. I’ll admit. I take the pictures with
consideration to making them look good. It’s far from perfect. They all sort of grow slightly different. #4 for example, didn’t stretch as much as the others, but her resin levels on the calyxes is just as extreme. She’s still a very pretty plant. It really will take a half room of a few of them to get a proper idea of what they can really do. Glad you’re enjoying the thread.

@thailer – Thanks for the good vibes. I hope they keep packing it on as they approach the finish line.

Puff. Puff. Pass. 56 days today. I’ll get some pictures up before lights come on.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts