What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

Bio boy

Somuch time for peeps replys to em all. Love it. Love ur cuts.

Im off reading done a few posts cross forums no 1 srems to know my questions answers haha. Asked about ur recipie most have a heart attack. But i can see how it works.

It seems organic growers are focused on being organic somuch they totaly mitigate the factor of yield for "i dont care on yields its quality" but surely once thats matched good u wana boost crop yield its only natural. And if u can do that with organic then its somthing they can use if it works just like bottled nutes. Just clean. and organic.

U state clearly "i smoke alot im pushing to the max" n i love that. Lol unlike the others ur gettin yields outright.

Herd commments like "i get 2.2 a light last thin i wana do is show people on yt and forums" well pics or dint happen eh lol. U defo got the pics. More than enuff to say u know what ur saying.

And my fave "if u want yeilds go back to chem"umm why the hell? Yet every veggie quote says ur fruits wil be huge organic. I think there missin sumin urs aint

Im doing my coots ish mix
As ur ingredient some are hard to get sobmy 2nd room will be ur nute mix after its sat a while.

U sat it a year the first time in the yard but appear u mix and pot babys into ya new w str8 away? No burns and only rest period wud be first few weeks of growth whike in pots yes?.

Diversity and selection i defo eat more at a buffet than a Sunday dinner

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Incredible thread Dank! Been a while since I dropped by. Still frosty as always.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@mr. brunch - Thanks for the good vibes! Home stretch now.

@matt bho - looking forward to seeing more of your results. These LEDs are still an interesting challenge. Some plants are just more sensitive to them than others, even siblings. Some fine. Some bleached tips - all the same height. I'm looking forward to a more mono-crop style under these SP3000.

@DARKSIDER - I really think I can get it more dialed. New plants. New lights. Bound to be some lack of perfection in play. I appreciate the kind words, but - I know I can get a better run in, although the numbers will be nice this time.

@Ganoderma - howdy, chat buddy. Glad to have you watching along.

@Bio boy - In all fairness, it really wasn't until this current mix that I have had the types of yields I am experiencing now. I never broke the 1 gpw barrier until I built this room and started running a bed - but I know this soil recipe is far superior. It truly works.

Yes, I typically can plant directly into the soil after being mixed. The plants will show some leaf cringe due to a hot mix, but they adjust fairly quickly. It is better to let it sit a couple weeks, but not mandatory. ESPECIALLY, if vegging prior to flowering.

A lot of the cuts you see from this thread and previous ones are extinct. Actively trying to rebuild the library with new selections...I'll certainly get back with you in PM. I'm sorry it's taken me a minute to respond.

@Rainman - Great to see you stop in, brother. Hope life is being kind to you. Nothing but :respect:

FAM95 #7 @57 days - different cola than before - this plant is just a BEAST. I'd not be surprised if she smokes better than anything in the room. Her calyxes are absolutely coated.

picture.php

FAM95 #2 - @ 57 days. I did take a small sample nugget off this plant, from the very bottom @8wks. She was about 30% cloudy and the rest clear. No amber. I'm expecting her to be ready at 9wks. She should hit about 3-5% amber after being dried, I'd expect. Hopefully with zero clear. Either way, I might take her longer - 15%-20% amber - if the other plants actually look like they want to finish at 10wks. I sort of want to see how purple she'll go.

picture.php

dank.Frank

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I must see a tomato grown in that soil mix, a nice big ugly black tomato. I bet that flavor would be outstanding.

Beautiful flowers, the FAM95 looks chunky af

Bmac1

Veteran
That #7 is a thick girl, dang. I'm looking forward to getting into a bigger volume of soil here myself. Totally hear you on how the plants react to the LED. I really saw that on my first run but will get out front of it this time.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Killer work dank.frank and considering you say a touch more to be dialed the kind words to you are well deserved fantastic work m8 she looks.. Well enough for now said ..:bow:;)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Hats off to u df! I dont kno wif I mentioned it before but with your love for detail when you write mixed with your knowledge of growing quality organic, I bet if you were to write a book on growing the herbs it would be an instant classic!:respect:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Ganoderma - I've seen you comment from time to time. I know you're in the shadows. hehehe

@Moses wellfleet - It doesn't smell like those candy shop pastry lines though. This is definitely an OG dominant, chem hybrid. She smells a lot like her heritage with a strong lean to OG equation in the I95 parents. This is one of the most "OG Kush" looking flower sets I've ever seen - but it does have some added chem girth and chunk to her.

Wait until you see what comes next - I expect the Snomoji will look more like the modern gene pools selections.

@Lester Beans - there are in fact, tomatoes growing in there currently. I can't get to them. I harvested one for Christmas. I imagine there are a couple hiding that are starting to show some blushing. They aren't dark skinned fruits however. Actually growing a white fleshed, clear epidermis line and an old red canning heirloom line currently. The white I had to save for seed. The red, I want to use for another breeding project., and want a fully mature plant out the gate come spring, so I'm keeping her around all winter.

Thanks for the good vibes, fellow farmer.

@Lapides - :respect: - What it do, F.A.M.

@rePeat - I've talked about you several times lately - even in this very thread. I'm so beyond glad to see you drop in. I've missed your presence here. Nothing but love, brother. I hope life has been kind to you. Beyond stoked. Highlight of my day, F.A.M. Reach out if able. Honored to have you following along.

@Bmac1 - These are the type of plants I need in the garden. I have a ton of life goals I'm trying to bring to a close in 2021 - and I have to keep the garden at max capacity. It's not an option. It's a must. Plants like #7 - are exactly what I'm looking for at this point in the game. Fat. Chunky. Sticky. Stanky.

I hate to say this, but even if she doesn't smoke a true 10, she'll still be far beyond "good enough" for any interested parties, based on the comes off the boat around here. Several of these plants are getting another run.

True success in organics, is certainly not tied to making a mix stronger, once you reach a given threshold. Eventually, it comes down to soil volume and root mass potential. Give the girls some mass under the ground and they'll respond up top in kind. I'm seeing that to be more and more true with the soil bed. I'll admit though. I really do miss being able to take individual plants out of the room for photo shoots. I might have to run a few in larger volume pots from time to time still, just to get those spreads.

@DARKSIDER - Thanks man. I can't wait till I can get proper shots of #1 - she's getting attention neglect, but she is every bit as much a looker as #2.

@Get Mo - If I had the FOCUS to write a book, I might consider it - but, that would require me to be wired somewhat differently than I am. As soon as I clear out some of the dross in the current plants, I'm dropping some of that gear from DroHammed next. Will do my best to make them shine. I know Genetic Freaked is excited about a couple of the Raspberry leaners he has sexing out.

@Chunkyoufarley - Hey F.A.M.! Good to see you. You going to be running anything outdoors this year? You get properly situated yet?

This plant - is SEXY. She's centerfold material. Has that classic OG Kush look, with smaller, tighter chem calyxes. Flowers are dense as can be. She smells classic OG Kush with a hint of chem. Seems like she's taken an undertone of gassy pine. Tennis ball funk and gassy pine. I expect she'll cure out a bit and change again. Her terps have been pretty dynamic throughout the grow.

Have cuts of her in the cloner for the next round. I want to see her in bulk.

FAM95 #2 @ 62 days

picture.php

dank.Frank

DiverDave

@Ganoderma - I've seen you comment from time to time. I know you're in the shadows. hehehe

@Moses wellfleet - It doesn't smell like those candy shop pastry lines though. This is definitely an OG dominant, chem hybrid. She smells a lot like her heritage with a strong lean to OG equation in the I95 parents. This is one of the most "OG Kush" looking flower sets I've ever seen - but it does have some added chem girth and chunk to her.

Wait until you see what comes next - I expect the Snomoji will look more like the modern gene pools selections.

@Lester Beans - there are in fact, tomatoes growing in there currently. I can't get to them. I harvested one for Christmas. I imagine there are a couple hiding that are starting to show some blushing. They aren't dark skinned fruits however. Actually growing a white fleshed, clear epidermis line and an old red canning heirloom line currently. The white I had to save for seed. The red, I want to use for another breeding project., and want a fully mature plant out the gate come spring, so I'm keeping her around all winter.

Thanks for the good vibes, fellow farmer.

@Lapides - :respect: - What it do, F.A.M.

@rePeat - I've talked about you several times lately - even in this very thread. I'm so beyond glad to see you drop in. I've missed your presence here. Nothing but love, brother. I hope life has been kind to you. Beyond stoked. Highlight of my day, F.A.M. Reach out if able. Honored to have you following along.

@Bmac1 - These are the type of plants I need in the garden. I have a ton of life goals I'm trying to bring to a close in 2021 - and I have to keep the garden at max capacity. It's not an option. It's a must. Plants like #7 - are exactly what I'm looking for at this point in the game. Fat. Chunky. Sticky. Stanky.

I hate to say this, but even if she doesn't smoke a true 10, she'll still be far beyond "good enough" for any interested parties, based on the comes off the boat around here. Several of these plants are getting another run.

True success in organics, is certainly not tied to making a mix stronger, once you reach a given threshold. Eventually, it comes down to soil volume and root mass potential. Give the girls some mass under the ground and they'll respond up top in kind. I'm seeing that to be more and more true with the soil bed. I'll admit though. I really do miss being able to take individual plants out of the room for photo shoots. I might have to run a few in larger volume pots from time to time still, just to get those spreads.

@DARKSIDER - Thanks man. I can't wait till I can get proper shots of #1 - she's getting attention neglect, but she is every bit as much a looker as #2.

@Get Mo - If I had the FOCUS to write a book, I might consider it - but, that would require me to be wired somewhat differently than I am. As soon as I clear out some of the dross in the current plants, I'm dropping some of that gear from DroHammed next. Will do my best to make them shine. I know Genetic Freaked is excited about a couple of the Raspberry leaners he has sexing out.

@Chunkyoufarley - Hey F.A.M.! Good to see you. You going to be running anything outdoors this year? You get properly situated yet?

This plant - is SEXY. She's centerfold material. Has that classic OG Kush look, with smaller, tighter chem calyxes. Flowers are dense as can be. She smells classic OG Kush with a hint of chem. Seems like she's taken an undertone of gassy pine. Tennis ball funk and gassy pine. I expect she'll cure out a bit and change again. Her terps have been pretty dynamic throughout the grow.

Have cuts of her in the cloner for the next round. I want to see her in bulk.

FAM95 #2 @ 62 days

View Image

dank.Frank

I'm still following and as always looking good dank.Frank
I can almost smell them way out here ;)

DD

eyesdownchronic

BEautiful buds D.F.
You say that the the most important factor is the volume of soil, so I was wondering, about how many gallons do each of your plants have to grow in? and what, if any, advantages do you see in growing in a large single bed type setting vs. multiple sub irrigated totes?

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts