What's new

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIP BushyOldGrower. I'll never forget you - or your contributions to the gene pool.

I know many remember BOG and I going back and forth in the forums over the Bubba infusion into Sour Bubble - it was just accurate history, it was never meant to be an insult or a diss. We had been discussing that matter when orginal OvG and CW existed.

I've often said, I'm a big fan of the Sour Bubble. One of the only things I've ever had that smoked stronger, better than a perfect Bubba run - was - a White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3 cross made by Peat - but those plants were medicine.

The Digi Bx1 male - that I shared with many growers - Digi x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2) - it had that infusion...the ARNOLD male, selected by Chili_Berkster...

That same male, is in genes I have in paper towels now - Dabney x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2)...

Not to even mention Sour Dubble - BOG's cut Sour Bubble x Sour Diesel (pollen from Rez) - the Sour Dubb - gave birth to Gorilla Glue, Adubb, and Blue Power WHICH is a key baseline component in nearly everything Jungle Boys produce. It's where they got that FUNK from...(which Power#1 was nothing more than a renamed Sour Dubble cut, potentially)

It's very easy to say, the cannabis industry - and heady gardens across the globe would not be the same without the influence of BOG Seeds.

Bushy, RIP, vacuum sales man. It's hard to watch so many greats disappear from this earth in one single year. I'm honestly surprised how much this one hits me. 2020 has been the end of an era in so many ways...

:respect: to those who sacrificed to get us all where we are.

dank.Frank

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Damn another great bud father gone. Been following these forums since a kid and it's crazy to see these guys pass.

asher1er

Veteran
RIP BushyOldGrower. I'll never forget you - or your contributions to the gene pool.

I know many remember BOG and I going back and forth in the forums over the Bubba infusion into Sour Bubble - it was just accurate history, it was never meant to be an insult or a diss. We had been discussing that matter when orginal OvG and CW existed.

I've often said, I'm a big fan of the Sour Bubble. One of the only things I've ever had that smoked stronger, better than a perfect Bubba run - was - a White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3 cross made by Peat - but those plants were medicine.

The Digi Bx1 male - that I shared with many growers - Digi x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2) - it had that infusion...the ARNOLD male, selected by Chili_Berkster...

That same male, is in genes I have in paper towels now - Dabney x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2)...

Not to even mention Sour Dubble - BOG's cut Sour Bubble x Sour Diesel (pollen from Rez) - the Sour Dubb - gave birth to Original Glue, Adubb, and Blue Power WHICH is a key baseline component in nearly everything Jungle Boys produce. It's where they got that FUNK from...(which Power#1 was nothing more than a renamed Sour Dubble cut, potentially)

It's very easy to say, the cannabis industry - and heady gardens across the globe would not be the same without the influence of BOG Seeds.

Bushy, RIP, vacuum sales man. It's hard to watch so many greats disappear from this earth in one single year. I'm honestly surprised how much this one hits me. 2020 has been the end of an era in so many ways...

:respect: to those who sacrificed to get us all where we are.

dank.Frank

He will definitely be missed and all hes done for the community won't be forgotten. One of the few willing to help all the way back from the OG days regardless of who you are.

His sour bubble was definitely one of the top smokes ran in my gardens! That White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3 from Peat was definitely potent meds. I received that cut from Stoney...another good one lost...R.I.P. Brother! way back in the days. I had people still asking for that SB over a year after i had stop running it cause i lost the mom.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy Holidaze. This thread is due an update. I'll get some pics up this weekend. Almost @ 35 days of flower. Things starting to get interesting now.

dank.Frank

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
BOG not only contributed heavily to the gene pool, but was a real positive person, got 2 meet him twice and both times i left with good energy and vibes. Him and his wife, they were my favorite booth to visit at cups.
Happy holidays man. Im bout to pop some of them sour bubble x gg4 in him and joesys honor, 2 greats we lost this year.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Top Dawg Seeds FAM95 - 42 days

#1 - This one is my personal favorite. Seems to be a tad more indica - and has a new shoes, sour, gassy kush smell to her that is just mouth watering. Appearance wise - she was the more stout TK looking plant in the beginning. I'm glad she's shaping up to be quite an awesome looking and smelling plant. I can imagine she is going to be straight fire. She sort of reminds me of Irene, oddly enough.

picture.php

picture.php

#2 - This was originally the plant that was my first favorite as a seedling. She had early leaf resin that stood out and that hasn't changed much in flower. She's definitely an OG leaning plant - she started off more sweet, then that changed to more citrus, then more fuel notes surfaced - she's been complex the entire time. I expected her to be more like Guava Stardawg in terps - that's not what she's turned into.

She smells identical to the Chem Sis x Pure Kush from earlier in the thread - but not as chem forward - more OG - forward - but it's the exact same nuance, just not quite as loud - a tad bit muted. It's without question and Chem/OG cross all the same.

Here's the kicker though - it's not that she isn't loud - that Chem/OG nuance is muted only because she's VERY lemon rind citrus tennis ball forward and it's only been getting louder. She's going to be absolute kill. She looks amazing.

picture.php

dank.Frank

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Top Dawg Seeds FAM95 - 42 days

#1 - This one is my personal favorite. Seems to be a tad more indica - and has a new shoes, sour, gassy kush smell to her that is just mouth watering. Appearance wise - she was the more stout TK looking plant in the beginning. I'm glad she's shaping up to be quite an awesome looking and smelling plant. I can imagine she is going to be straight fire. She sort of reminds me of Irene, oddly enough.

View Image

View Image

#2 - This was originally the plant that was my first favorite as a seedling. She had early leaf resin that stood out and that hasn't changed much in flower. She's definitely an OG leaning plant - she started off more sweet, then that changed to more citrus, then more fuel notes surfaced - she's been complex the entire time. I expected her to be more like Guava Stardawg in terps - that's not what she's turned into.

She smells identical to the Chem Sis x Pure Kush from earlier in the thread - but not as chem forward - more OG - forward - but it's the exact same nuance, just not quite as loud - a tad bit muted. It's without question and Chem/OG cross all the same.

Here's the kicker though - it's not that she isn't loud - that Chem/OG nuance is muted only because she's VERY lemon rind citrus tennis ball forward and it's only been getting louder. She's going to be absolute kill. She looks amazing.

View Image

dank.Frank

Sexy :thank you:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Happy New Year Frank!

Oh the smell of a fresh popped can of tennis balls! Yum! Never met a plant that smelled like that, that wasn't special in some way. Sounds like a real gem you have there. Looks beautiful and like she will be encrusted in resin by harvest!

Popping some heirloom tomatoes today!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Fam95 #1 @ 45 days. This plant is straight up SOUR SOUR SOUR SOUR SOUR. I'm loving her terps big time. Amazing to see the terp profile surface in a line that has ZERO sour in it. This line is all chem/og funk. Where'd the pure sour nose come from!??! I mean, the plant reminds me of Sour Dubb, Irene, ECSD - IT'S legit true SOUR. A bit of new shoe/new car smell - with a sweeter (not spicy or earthy) gassy/engine grease note. The plant is coated and grows more like a true "kush" indica hybrid. She seems like a mix between plant #6 (the fat leafed Afghani runt) and plant #2 - the I95/OG leaning frost queen.

They are actually on day 50 now - so things are a bit different now. Going to start taking more regular pics once we get to week 8. I simply can not wait to smoke #1 and #2. The plants have me drooling when I look at them.

I'm certainly impressed by the plants individually. If #1 and #2 didn't look like elite cuts mixed in with a seed run, I'd be talking about the chunkiness and girth of plants #3, #5, and #7.

#7 - was the plant I thought was male at one point. The plant that showed the leaf variegation while in need of a transplant in veg. It's actually, a really nice plant. Looks like a classic OG frame, that has been beefed up with chem genes. Very fat chunky dense buds - and the fastest finisher in the room. The calyxes, are NOT lacking in resin production and resin field density is top notch. The plant, is by all standards a potential keeper, depending on how it smokes.

#5 - is probably the largest yielding of them all, but also seems more like a 12wk plant. She looks almost EXACTLY like you'd expect a pure chem genetic line to look. Like a mash up between Chem 4 and Chem 3 - with nothing else in the way. She's grown taller than all the others, putting her closer to the lights, which she doesn't seem to really appreciate. She seems to be feeding much heavier than the other ladies as well. Needing something she's not getting to truly perform. This plant is getting another run without question. Her peek potential will not be realized this cycle - but - her terps are a bit bland. Much like Chem 3. If that doesn't change, I'm not sure she'll stick around long, but she's still going to look good in front of a camera when dialed in and I want that photo spread with her.

#3 - Really seems like a blend between #4 and #7. It's terps are sweeter and some what tropical citrus with a hint of rot setting in. To me, it smells like generic good weed - but it doesn't really scream to me or catch my attention. However, this plant, hasn't been 100% happy either. She's seem like she wants to eat more as well and the way she stacks and the way her flowers are putting out resin on the calyxes, can't be ignored. I don't expect her to be "bad" smoke - I just don't expect her to be exceptional. She looks like a beefed up Corey Haim Stardawg cut, ultimately. Better structure. Better flower stack and density - but still looks very much like the Corey. #4 - looks more like Corey than #3 - except #4 really didn't stretch or fill in like the others.

All in all it's a very unique blend of plants, but you can certainly they are related. How they smoke and their bag appeal is certainly going to influence which one sticks around in this garden. 2021 I have goals to accomplish. There are going to be a lot of harvests in this thread this year. New build out is still coming. I need more space to see more seeds.

Next run - is looking to be project Snomoji - isolated female from 18 seeds. Genetic Freaked's Snow Monkey #2. FAM95 #2.

I'm not 100% happy with the current setup in the garden but I'm also not done messing around with the SP3000. I like the lights. Just need to figure out how to make the plants like them. I want to thin out the canopy more and focus on more single cola type growth vs bushes. I didn't really like the clone upkeep of running a true SOG with 32 plants. However, I did like the end result.

This next flower cycle, I'm looking to run 18 plants. I think this is going to finally be my sweet spot in this bed. I'm to the point I'm ready for this round to be finished so I can start the next.

Project Snomoji - while I've not flowered ANY of these plants out - I do have a very specific type of plant I'm looking for. That means, I don't always need to flower out every plant - not everything falls within the selection parameters - so it's culled. This female I'm going to flower out, I fully expect to be a next level keeper. I fully expect I'll end up running rooms of her. Time will tell, but I'm getting anxious to see if I'm correct.

Also, I'm a bit anxious to see one of these Karma Genetics Bandaid Haze#7 x A5 Haze seedlings - it's crazy frosty for a seedling and sparkles and glistens in veg like something special. I can't WAIT to see what is contained in that plant, because she has a true woody/forest/incense sort of smell on a stem rub. I'm excited to have real haze in the jars for summer trips. Not generally my forte, but for every season, a flower. :joint:

dank.Frank

genetic freaked

Veteran
#1 looks so sick!!! I thought I liked #2 the most but #1 is starting to shine. Looking forward to the smoke report!

Snomoji is going to be a treat to watch grow and really excited to see what SM2 does in your room.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is so much potential in the garden right now, I'm almost embarrassed. The only thing missing is a great Blueberry. I just can't seem to get the seeds to sprout. Time is a bitch. The Blueberry Bx1 from VerdantGreen, that only I have - don't seem to be germinating either. The Snow x Bubba from Nspecta - nothing. The Dabney x Bluebubble from Chili - nothing.

Old seed is not being kind to me right now. Sort of why I keep saying I need invitro tech to germinate these special genes where the seeds are still alive but lacking energy... Soon, I hope.

dank.Frank

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
A good blueberry is an excellent compliment to any garden. That Fam95 is looking killer, until next time be safe and take care. :tiphat: