What's new

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

genetic freaked

Veteran
Wanted to post some Snow Monkey pics in here..
Off the charts frost on these..

SM2 puts out amazing yeilds..

SM1 has a great shape grape smell and finished at 6 weeks!

SM1

picture.php

picture.php

SM2

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Mattbho - No Digi seeds available at this time. VerdantGreen built a line using pollen from my male, and is working an F3 variant of his line with it currently, I think.

I like Bubba and have nothing against it, other than, I'd like to find my own favorites rather than defaulting to known clones, which aren't exactly easy to come by.

Haven't started the TK x '88 G13/HP F2s yet. Soon though. Looking forward to what you find in your own hunt.

@GMT - I agree what is being discussed in that article doesn't really take in to consideration anything other than nutrient salts, etc - it's a completely different premise and style of growing. It's not something I plan on worrying about, personally. Until I see some issue present itself, I'm going to keep on keeping on. I'm content with the recipe I'm using currently.

State universities offer some services to the general public as they are in part tax payer funded, even if their testing procedures aren't always the best.

@Fitzera - A professional test is the way to go and it's worth the money if you are trying to get something dialed in. If you really wanted to be more specific you could get leaf tissue analysis done to check nutrient levels.

I have zero desire to cut back on anything in my current soil mix recipe. It's working exactly as intended. I would like to remove bat guanos and sub out seabird guano, as a personal preference, but I used what what available to me when I made the mix. Otherwise...I see zero reason to change anything.

@Moses Wellfleet - I have to admit I've got the seed popping urge BAD right now. I have to be careful, honestly. I'd hate to lose something nice just due to running out of room. Solution: I need a bigger space so I can sprout more seeds...LOL.

It's always good to have someone to pass the hobby to. After all, part of the mission of ICmag all these years has been to create more growers - be safe - but it's always nice to share when possible.

@Chili_Berkster - I'm going to need a better seed starting method I guess. None of those seeds broke soil, even the ones that cracked shells and spit tails. Back to looking at what else to sort. I need something growing. Very bummed. Still need some blueberry.

@Blazeoneup - wiggle wire channel (used on greenhouses to hold plastic in place) - it just happened to work perfectly for the task at hand.

@Bmac1 - Thank you, brother. It's shaping up to be a good run. It's up to the LEDs to do their job at this point.

@Get Mo - They do seem to suffer a day of shock after a heavy stripping, but all in all I do think it is a necessary practice for LEDs. Not something I'm used to doing with HID in general. With a seed run I have limited expectations, but I have high hopes. If nothing else maybe find a couple new winners with these seed runs.

@Med-Grower Tom - Glad to see you still following along. Hope things are going good in your garden. If not, I know who to blame...hahaha

@Akss - glad to have you along. Pull up a chair. It's just starting to get interesting again.

@asher1er - what it do, F.A.M. - glad to see you here as these are old crew genes. Familia x I95 - had not to grow these knowing the histories. :joint:

@Prodigygrower - I certainly hope so. If not here, then some where! I'll keep dropping beans.

@Mars Hydro LED - Glad you are watching. Sorry for the delay, but I hope I can get these lights to perform up to their full potential. Slight learning curve, but all in all, nothing an experienced grower wouldn't be able to adjust to.

@Thesearch - Long time away from dropping any seeds, but when done, it'll definitely be unique fire.

@genetic freaked - Looking fire, brother!!! So glad sm2 finally came out of her funk for me. Can't wait to get a room of her in. sm1 finishing at 6 wks needs to be replicated...LOL. Kind of crazy. :respect:

@bibi40 - It really is. The Snow Monkey line has given some really nice plants.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, I did get a some new genetics in from MeltingPot. I'm always a sucker for his work and since the last seeds of his I started were too old, I had to toss something from this new kit in. Much respect, brother.

For some reason, the last round of seeds I dropped did nothing. I got tails, but they never came up above the soil. Checked today and it looks like wire worms were the cause of the failure. Hate those damn things and still have no clue where they come from, other than just being in the soil.

This round of seeds:

11 - BlueDigiBerry F2 - from VerdantGreen - his early 2ks Dutch Passion fem sativa Blueberry mother x my selection from Chili Berksters Digi Bx1.

VG's line has prodced a lot of nice plants for a lot of people. Maybe I'll get lucky. I'm definitely wanting to have some sort of Digi back in the garden. Going to keep droping such seeds until I get what I seek.

5 - Original Diesel x (Original Diesel x Sour D Bx2) - from MeltingPot - homie is always throwing out genetic fire. I've always been a diesel fan. Even have Daywrecker x Digi Bx1 that Melty made, but I never got to them, and like many other seeds in my collection, they'll need in vitro germination tech. I'm just hoping for some pure fuel from these babies. Something different to put in the pipe.

One of these days, I'll get a laminar flow hood and tackle these old genes that I know are still viable but just need a bit of help. Until then, let's hope this round of seeds gives me some plants...

The Familia x I95 from Top Dawg are looking very promising to produce a keeper or three. #1 and #2 are definitely the stand outs in the group. Zero question about that. It's always nice to sort seed and being able to isolate the potential keepers in the group while they are still seedlings. I'm still favoring #1 and my lady is still favoring #2, keeping in mind, #2 was my original pick when it only had it's first fan leaves. It showed early resin on the fans more so than the siblings. #1 was selected shortly there after and given my designation as the favorite due to it's smell and shape of the fan leaves, giving it a more compact TK/Chem look that really caught my eye.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GL with the BDB and all the seeds frank !

I dug some out of the vault myself today.... same seeds, same camera... what next ??

VG :tiphat:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It really isn't a coincidence. I told my lady it was time for blueberry to enter the garden. Past time. When I tried the Dabney x - I pulled the BDB F2 out of the vault at the same time, just in case. They were always on deck after the Dabney x

I really hope they sprout and if not, I'll be waiting your F3 release. I'd really hate to just revert to growing the clone, when I know she breeds very well and shows many of her desired traits + improvements when paired intelligently. Just want to run my own selections over clones these days.

Same camera. Same seeds. Same lights. (HGLED...LOL...if we desired to do so)
You just need to run my soil mix and we'd almost have a mirrored garden half way across the planet. Looking forward to traveling the same path, brother. :joint:

Good luck, VG. :respect:

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Mattbho - I have a lot of things I could germinate, but I'm truly trying to find something in the 8-9wk range that still smokes proper. I really need to be steady cropping in 2021. I'm ready to make changes in my life and that means I have to get the medical bills from the last year taken care of. If that cut does run a true 6wks or even 7 wks - then you better believe I'll be buying a rosin press sooner than later... The market for extracts and such is increasing.

The Snow Monkey #2. ie Sex Monkey pheno, seems to be an 8-9wk plant. She's bulky. I'll have a full room of her running without question.

Not going to lie though, these Bandaid Haze#7 x A5 Haze should be so fire and are really burning a haze sized hole in my pocket. Although, I'm not sure there is a worthwhile market for haze. However, haze rosin...hmmmm...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Chili Berkster - LOL. You've been hanging out in chat too much! LOL.

I will say though, I just planted the 5 Diesel Bx1 - all 5 had tails. I did have to crack their shells using my finger nails. 3 had nice long tails. 2 had split shell and started to show a tail, so, it was time to go to soil. No reason for these to fail...fingers crossed.

The 11 BlueDigiBerry F2 - not showing much life. I put them in a fresh paper towel. Some seeds have cracked, but not grown a tail. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll see some indication of life or I'm just going to toss them I'm afraid. No sense putting them in soil if they aren't going to spit a tail.

That leaves me in the situation to start more seeds. I need to have enough to keep new females coming in. I'd rather have to many and have plants sitting all over every where, than find I don't have enough to keep a full room. I'm sort of tired of sprouting individual lines as well. I'd like to increase my variety moving through the room, in part, why I keep trying to start some form of Blueberry.

So with that in mind, it's back to the vault. I'll assume the BlueDigiBerry F2 are not going to make it. I really want to get to the TK x '88 G13/HP F2s, but I think I'm going to wait to start those until I get to smoke some of the FAM95.

With that in mind...8 more of the Dabney x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2) are going for a swim. Said I was going to stick on this Blueberry train until I got something going...

dank.Frank

eyesdownchronic

Are you still growing in beds? Reason I ask is I want to run something past you. A recent conversation turned up a suggestion that P does not get depleted as its merely a taxi driver taking K across the root boundary and is then re-released back into the soil for reuse. If that is the case, then in a no drain medium, wouldn't that create a toxic level of P in the medium if standard flowering nutes were used? I'm thinking that if that is the case, I need to switch to solo nutes and just provide K in later flowering. Wondered what your thoughts are on that.
I may be mistaken here, but I believe that whoever suggested this may have gotten the two confused. K+ is largely responsible within the plant for regulating electrical balance and as a transporter for anions ie (po4- and no3-). This is why K is primarily found in plant sap and not as a structural component.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I only dropped 8 seeds of the Dabney x (Digi x Sour Bubble Bx2)...

That left a bit of room on the tray for something else...

2 x Karma Genetics Bandaid Haze #7 x A5 Haze fems have hit water and are soaking. I have been itching to start a few of these, but due to their flowering time and my current needs, I haven't wanted to start them. However, I can't help it. I know there is insane crazy fire in these seeds. I only have six of them - but - two will be a nice sneak peek into the line.

Looking forward to seeing what these amazing genetics hold...

dank.Frank

eyesdownchronic

in regards to uptake. its also worth noting that nutrients have different levels of mobility through the soil ie medium, which will impact the uptake of nutrients unless you are growing in a strictly "hydroponic" (in this case im referring roots being suspended in water) media.

unlike NO3 which is extremely mobile in the soil, P is not. This implies that when you water you evenly distribute the nutirents through the media, and the plants roots can only access whatever P they are directly in contact with. The P can not flow through the soil, creating P depletion zones directly around the roots, unless the soil is fully saturated. NO3 on the other hand is able to move from higher levels of concentration to lower concentrations within the soil, so the roots can access NO3 that is not in direct contact.

**edit _
interesting side note here is that most increases in plant growth seen from plants interacting with beneficial microbes is due to increased P uptake, for the exact reason described above. even though P is largely present in soil, its generally unavailable to plants due to its limited movement. mycorrhizae are able to cover a much larger surface and therefore increase P availability.

genetic freaked

Veteran
wait a little on the Black Triangle. I got 8 up now. Let me look into these so you can see what it is..

You gotta dig into those blueberry genetics so we can hit the SM2..

Here she is at 7 weeks. SM1 is a true 6 week plant with blueberry stank but SM2 is a true 8 week girl with heavy yields and rotted fruit stank. This clone needs to be dubbed Sex Monkey not just because shes sexy but ........The best of GG4 and GromxDig..
Ill put it out there as the best GG4 cross there is.. Test me

Get your hash presses boys and girls

picture.php

picture.php

genetic freaked

Veteran
I post these pics for the creators of this strain. DF, Chilli, Greyskull, Phillthy and Josey(RIP)
I have more respect then I can ever show for these people and anyone else that may have had a hand in this creation.
I am no one.
Just someone who had the opportunity to grab a pack of GromxDigi for the cheap ($42) on a great site willing to risk it all for the plant and get lucky finding an amazing male.
All love to these pioneers who paved the way for us no ones to carry the torch.
Big shout out to Hammerhead for his advise on how to get proper pics of a frosty strain.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was having a bad case of cotton mouth. :D

But not any more. Great Googily Moogily.

DiverDave

Great Thread

Great Thread

:good:

I am pulling up chair a bit late , that's only cause over the last week I have been trying to catch up on some reading and only got to page 12
from 2 yrs. ago .. move forward ..

Nice concept on bed and nutes.(from past)
great info for soil & beds.

DD

Latest posts

Latest posts