What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Distinguished and Nurtured Kind

rePeat

hahaha
You are too kind!
Nothing but love for you too!

Life has not been kind
But Im still kickin'
And it certainly could be worse
So Im not complaining

I look forward to catching up!
Lemme get a few more posts and I'll pm ya!!

BTW... That FAM 95 = Supermodel sexy!!

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
I will be running outdoors again, just have to get them away from the house more so when my brother warms up his truck his headlights won't be shining on them ,I'm sure that's where the seeds came from,other then that the only thing all 3 had in common was they where all crossed with chem valley cookies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@DiverDave - I hope not!!! Must be time to get a new filter! LOL.

You know. The Chem Sis x Pure Kush - was - louder, I think. In the chem department. This FAM95#2 - has the chem D garlicy undertone on the back end, but it's very tennis ball, pine, gasoline, mild citrus, garlic undertone. It's LOUD - but, I'm not sure how unique she ultimately is. She's a great example of what I expect, is common, in the various I95 seed lots. She smells more old school weed than new school weed. More east coast rank than west coast pastry. I generally prefer that though.

@eyesdownchronic - Most important - eh - equally as important as all the other various things that have to be right. We all know, if you get slack about one single facet, the whole plant pays the price regardless if everything else is at 100%. Each plant has about 6.5-7 gallons of soil to itself, in theory, but it's more like they each have 50+ gallons of soil to spread into. Given I've never personally done a sub irrigated container, can't really speak to one as an advantage over the other, but I can say I see better plants in a bed with 6.5-7 gallons per plant than I did in individual pots previously. I really really like the ease of watering a single bed vs individual pots. I don't like not being able to move things around or pull out an individual plant to mess with it in particular.

@rePeat - White Rhino x Sour Bubble Bx3. Can't forget those flowers either. Straight medicine. I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. :respect:

@Chuckyoufarley - at least you'll have some plants out. I really considered it this past year - even walked some spots. The spot I picked - the day I wanted to plant, had about 5 or 6 sheriff's cars parked around the area. I guess they were searching with dogs for a body...I ended up not planting this year!!! LOL.

I think I'll check the same spot out again this year. It's amazing how much foliage can grow from year to year - shading things out that were previously great spots.

Hate to hear of all the seeds. I'm sure the headlights didn't help. Living in the city - street lights would mess up plants on top of buildings - I imagine the daily head lights being much the same problem.

Nothing but love for you, F.A.M. - you know what to do if you are ever tired of what you have. :joint:

dank.Frank

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That is the pic of the month right there !

Very cool on the white tomato! They are increasing in popularity and near impossible to find. As always hit me up if you are looking for any varieties!

How close is the 95 to harvest?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@DoobieDuck - Hey there, oh wise camera jedi master!!! How are you?! Funny you should appear as I'm currently bitching about my last camera purchase and my inability to take the right photos with it. It's like I can never get it to focus on the right subject matter. It's always dancing around what I'm get a shot of - and I can never seem to find the right focal range vs where I'm standing to get the right flash balance - and I can't seem to find where or how to dim the flash down to say 30-40%...which was possible on old film SLRs with detachable flashes, since forever ago - you'd think...

Eh. I really miss my old Nikon S3000. It was a great point n shoot. Now, I have what was supposed to be a great option based on all my research - a Sony RX100 MarkIII - and I just can't seem to take a decent picture with it. Not just of cannabis. Of anything, actually. Very frustrating.

All that goes to say - I WOULD be taking many more pics - if I was happy with or could get a decent shot. I've spent quite a few man hours messing with the camera, but not enough yet, apparently. Theoretically, it SHOULD be able to handle the task.

@Lester Beans - there are some great shots on this site - even still. I'd love to step my game up for POTM, honestly. That was always a lot of fun and a high honor. I did win, twice, actually. It really encouraged me to strive harder to get that great one of a kind angle that would solidify I was in fact growing absolute fire. I've always enjoyed photography. It's something I could easily blow lots of money on. Sort of why I've not ventured down that path. Maybe some day, I'll set aside some dedicated monies and wait like a vulture for someone to get out of the hobby and do a sell off of some used high end gear - and then swoop in.

The white tomato has a funny story too it - and I'm not even exactly sure what variety it is. I know what it was given to me as, but - it's well known the individual who shared, likes to make up - or rather is very lazy about researching, and is content to re-name whatever, whenever. This person is no longer vending publicly - and last I knew, had no intentions of repopulating the seeds larger than necessary for her own use. I know what she called it. It's a surprisingly great tomato. But I have no idea what it actually is. I also know, I only had two seeds left. Only one plant sprouted. If I ever wanted to enjoy this tomato again, I had to save seeds from it. It was mandatory. Weird weather this year and poor companion planting led to the tomato getting over grown and never setting fruit. I took a clone of it and brought it indoors around October when I knew the nights were too cold to mature a fruit if one were to set.

I actually took seeds out of a fully mature fruit a couple days after Christmas. Mission accomplished. Mystery White tomato from an Amish lady in PA - saved. I'm glad too, because it's the best white tomato I've personally had to date.

A white tomato is a blast to cook with - because people don't associate the color with the flavor and often fail to recognize it as "tomato" entirely. But that is in part, the entire point of growing something rare and unique - to provide a different experience.

The FAM95 #2 came down before lights on Monday. That gave her a full 63 days - 9wks. She was roughly 3% partially clear/cloudy, 95% cloudy, 2% partially starting to amber. Seemed like she was ripe to me.

The #7 - honestly, is ready. I checked her trichs yesterday, and she was pushing about 3% full amber, but still had some fully clear heads and some partially clear cloudy. Mostly cloudy - some turning partially to amber. She's in a weird window where I don't want any of those clear heads at all, but I really don't want to let her take on too much amber. I think she's a growers choice plant in this regard - ready @9wk but can be taken @10wk for a much stonier effect. Granted, this is true of anything left to go amber, but this plants overlap is a bit broad, which means, to be fully ripe with zero clear heads, ala 10wks, she's going to also be pushing possibly 10%+ amber trich heads. That'll be a very different smoking flower when taken just a week apart - with some plants, it's not as noticeable.

I'm pretty sure #3, #4, #7 could all come down. #1 and #6 - maybe, but might want to go a tad longer. #5 is going past 10wk without question. She's still putting on weight. She might even go 12wk. Honestly, she's a monster plant. Her side bids are as big as the colas on #7. She's impressive. Smell wise though, she suffers like Chem #3 did. Just not very loud. Time will tell though. She has a way to go yet.

dank.Frank

zif

Veteran
I peeked at the manual for your camera hoping to find focus bracketing for you. No go!

It's usually the first step to stacked photos with greater depth of field that the lens can deliver, but it's awfully nice to be able to take pics over five or ten focus settings and choose the best.

My cell phone camera became far more useful once I found an app with bracketing.

Looks like plenty of 'smart' focus options on your model. Hope you find something that works!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@zif - I'm pretty sure it really just comes down to learning how to use it. The camera should be capable.

FAM95 #2 @ 9wks - trim shot

picture.php

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FAM95 #1 @ 70 days - this is the "sour kush" pheno - reminds me a lot of the Irene clone the way it grows and smells.

picture.php

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay. Okay. Okay. I'm about speechless.

This may be one of the best pack of seeds I've ever sprouted. These plants are resin bombs and several of them are just MONSTERS. I can't wait to see the numbers on some of these - and none of them are below average quality plants.

FAM95 #2 - dried enough to put on the scale. She sat in paper bag evening out and sweating for about 3 days. She went to jars today. 143.3g.

That's right. 143.3g. Just a fuzz over 5oz. For that degree of quality - because this girl is WHITE. Stupid frosty. Likes to go crunch crunch, like cracking the crust on a fresh snow, when you try to break her up.

I have 8 rooted cuts in the cloner for the next cycle and very glad I do. This girl is going to be put to work, especially since she was truly ripe at 9wks.

I couldn't be more pleased. EXACTLY the kind of plant I needed. Fast. Frosty. Funky. Heavy.

@MoneyMike - can't thank you enough for the seeds. Incredible plants. Glad I had the common sense to sprout them. Simply AMAZING work. :respect: I've only just begun to get pictures of these girls. Several of them need their own mono-crop runs to really show their value. I'm very pleased.

@MarsHydro - The sp3000 does indeed work and can grow some high quality flowers. I don't think I really maxed out the potential of the plants this round. I need to defoliate more with these lights to really get the penetration I'm used to with a HID. I don't think I'm going to be hurting this round with the numbers, but I know I can increase the over all quality of the lowers if I can get more light to them. I'm still learning how to transition to this new lighting technology. To be honest though, I'm still not 100% sold - but I don't think I'll be pulling them out of the room, just yet. I'm very pleased with them and I'd certainly not hesitate to suggest a new grower or a personal grower go grab one - not sure I'd tell someone running large rooms with DE HID lights to make a 1:1 switch. There is a learning curve with them. I'm learning.

That said - I can't thank you enough for you patience and for letting me test the lights and letting me purchase a second one early, before public market release. I'm still not done giving them ago. I'll hit you up in PM to discuss a few other things. :respect:

143.3g - that's excellent per plant numbers in my room. x8 - and that is my 2# goal easily. 2# in a 2.5' x 5' - it's been an ambitious goal since I started this thread - but I think this next round, just might be the cycle I pull it off!!! :woohoo:

Let's do this F.A.M.I.L.Y. - east coast beast coast. I'm chasing numbers this year.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

DiverDave

That is amazing 143.3g per plant is a nice take dried.
Good on ya, you set the bar high ;)

I will keep an eye on your grows .. lots to be seen here.
I am not giving up my seat .. everyone get your own chair lol

DD

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Im so happy for you Hommie. You crushed it! I have no doubt you will dial these next runs in and archive the numbers you desire with the quality being next level. The fact you achieve these numbers in a organic water only system with no co2 is amazing. Well not amazing to me because I’ve seen it first hand. Your system (even the basic amendment recipe I use ) has helped me achieve the most fragrant mouth coating flowers I have ever produced. For that I can’t thank you enough. I’m so happy you have found a keeper that being said. I’m truly looking forward to the future. You continue to inspire me to push my own garden to its limits and your advice and our conversations have helped me more than I can express. Enjoy this crop my friend you deserve it fam.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Im so happy for you Hommie. You crushed it! I have no doubt you will dial these next runs in and archive the numbers you desire with the quality being next level. The fact you achieve these numbers in a organic water only system with no co2 is amazing. Well not amazing to me because I’ve seen it first hand. Your system (even the basic amendment recipe I use ) has helped me achieve the most fragrant mouth coating flowers I have ever produced. For that I can’t thank you enough. I’m so happy you have found a keeper that being said. I’m truly looking forward to the future. You continue to inspire me to push my own garden to its limits and your advice and our conversations have helped me more than I can express. Enjoy this crop my friend you deserve it fam.

I know right?... we owe Frank a lot.

Microbial activity in organic soil produces abundant co2, you can easily achieve more than double regular atmospheric levels, ime. The larger the volume of soil the better obviously, so a bed is ideal.

Had I discovered this earlier in life I would have saved a lot of money and numerous experiments to produce co2 .

Latest posts

Latest posts