What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

Hey, hi, so how did it go? That Lilly looks beautiful. The droop on the peyote, one of my favourite smokes, is pretty well known but I ve never seen too much of it unless conditions are humid or sometimes just after watering. Saw this thread and made me want to try out some Edy and Ciskei crosses I did last year. i m gonna pop em in water right now!

did you keep any cuttings of the 3 branch same internode plant? the only way to keep fix this trait is to make seeds and possibly cross with another plant showing the same trait, something i am engaged in now. When a plant is young it grows out symetrical branches, 2 leaves plus 2 new growing tips or branches from one node, then when it matures, it spirals up obviously losing the symmetry, you cant keep it once the plant grows, you cant clone it. manifolding techniques use one node to make multiple colas but this is only really efficient starting every time from seed. if you can get a cutting and F to M and cross with another specimen showing this trait you might get 3 cola seeds. i have three 3 cola specimens and one 4 cola which i am cross pollinating

peyote purple x afghani2 and 4 cola

peyote purple x afghani2 and 4 cola

check it out

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sorry, that is actually 3 and 4 colas, internodal side branching, not 2, the usual in a young plant. shame i cant edit.

maree

Hey, hi, so how did it go? That Lilly looks beautiful. The droop on the peyote, one of my favourite smokes, is pretty well known but I ve never seen too much of it unless conditions are humid or sometimes just after watering. Saw this thread and made me want to try out some Edy and Ciskei crosses I did last year. i m gonna pop em in water right now!

Still going! Got a mate to take some pics of trichomes and they were still nearly all clear about 4 days ago so still patiently waiting. Checked my dates by finding the piece of paper on which I'd scribbled the flip date and it's now into the 9th week of 12/12 (well, 12.5 dark/11.5 light).

Has anyone got any harvest advice for Lily by the way? Usually, but not always, just go on looks but would like to see how the whole trichome thing works out with Lily.

Yeah, checked out the Peyote purple thread and leaf curl seems to be a distinct trait of this plant though I am going to try dropping nitrogen levels on upcoming runs of Lilly and PP following the promptings of mobi50.

Thanks for all the info on plants showing multiple branching and how to fix it as a trait. Think it's a really long shot that I will find another one to cross this Lily with as I have a very small set-up and can't grow many plants in order to search for one. Best of luck with all your seed projects though.

Last edited:
G

I never use the color of the trichomes. On any of my strains. I guess the milky is as far as mine get. I would suggest taking samples at each appropriate interval to see what is good for you.
I've had 3 or 4 different Lillys and I have decided in each situation that about 56 days is right for my head. The buds will be a little more dense at 63...

maree

Thanks Outcold. Have this plant and one flowered almost straight from rooted cut (and some cuttings waiting in the wings) and think I'll take them at either end of your suggested flowering times so the former will be the 63 dayer. (Having said that, the cuttings will probably mature a little more quickly than the original plant anyway.) Will have a good idea of either end of the spectrum then and can mess about in between with the next couple of runs.

maree

Lily 63 days and down - before and a little bit after. Final shot is a BlueOG for comparison.

Attachments

• 2016-04-30 10.22.28.jpg
    2016-04-30 10.22.28.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 2016-04-30 15.34.03.jpg
    2016-04-30 15.34.03.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 2016-04-30 10.24.54.jpg
    2016-04-30 10.24.54.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 2016-04-30 10.29.24.jpg
    2016-04-30 10.29.24.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 27
G

Hey Maree,
I enjoy the high from both a short cure and a longer cure. So I've been known to dip into the jar/freezer as early as a week. I think optimum time for the best nose would be around week 3. I find with some strains, Lilly included, that the nose will diminish with the cure past a certain point. With that said the complexity of the nose continues to mature. As well as the nuances of the high.

Here are a couple of pics of Lilly. The first is at day 12 and the second is a wall of Lilly at day 30.

maree

Thanks for the input Outcold.

Pulled the other Lilly today, flowered from a newly rooted 4 inch cutting, ending up around 20 inches tall. 57 days from flip precisely.

Leaves have turned largely purple again. It's pretty warm here now so guess it must be what it does. Looks beautiful, smells even better.

If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been growing it, Outcold?

Attachments

• 2016-05-09 08.49.36.jpg
    2016-05-09 08.49.36.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-05-09 08.51.41.jpg
    2016-05-09 08.51.41.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-05-09 08.51.00.jpg
    2016-05-09 08.51.00.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 2016-05-09 08.50.16.jpg
    2016-05-09 08.50.16.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 20
G

Great pics! Do you have two different seed moms, or are they clones? I've found that my Lilly will darken with age. I've been growing her since 2014. The debate I've been having lately is if I should keep both Lilly and Upstream. I'm thinking I can be happy with the Lilly only...
Keep up the great work. Glad you have round 1 under your belt with the Lilly.
OC

maree

Great pics! Do you have two different seed moms, or are they clones? I've found that my Lilly will darken with age. I've been growing her since 2014. The debate I've been having lately is if I should keep both Lilly and Upstream. I'm thinking I can be happy with the Lilly only...
Keep up the great work. Glad you have round 1 under your belt with the Lilly.
OC

Update on the high 14/5/16, after a little longer curing and a proper sesssion. New thoughts in blue. (Old thoughts in brackets.)

You're too kind!

One seed mom (only viable seed out of 3 purchased) - the most recent pics are of a cutting taken from that mom. The earlier pics (and first Lilly I flowered) are also of a cutting taken from that mom. However, that cutting was one of the triumvate of apical stems that grew from the original seed - it put out three conjoined stems, like triplets.

I've tried it - it smells and tastes absolutely delicious plus she has (xdecentx) good, longlasting potency with (xsomex) several of the qualities I look for in the various types of highs/stones I like. And she's ready in 56! Can't ask for a lot more really.

In short, it's good nordle and I'm keeping it going. I can see why you'd be content with her as your mainstay and can't see me replacing her anytime soon.

Last edited:

maree

Hi mobi50 - thanks for the tip. I did ponder getting in touch with OrigDeli initially but decided not to because:

- seeds are a natural product and you can't expect them to go right everytime. Just a bit of bad luck for me.
- felt a little mean complaining about just two seeds - though I did panic in the beginning that none of them were going to come up.
- I had a free Alice seed with my little purchase (which I haven't cracked yet but am looking forward to!)
- the plant that did come up kinda gave me three separate plants anyway.
- and, in the end, I'm very happy with the results.

Original deli seem to have a good reputation and I have no doubt that they would've replaced my seeds if I'd asked. But I think I did ok in the end so no complaints.

G

Lilly

Lilly

Hey fellow Original Delicatessen enthusiasts!
Here are a couple pics of a Lilly that will be put into 12/12 in the next week or so.
She's in a 2 gallon Hempy and has established her roots nicely. I am finishng her veg cycle and will be flowering with the 315 CMH lights and I have Hi hopes for a leap in quality. She is still as special to me as the first time I grew and smoked her about 3 years ago. I can't imagine what the change in lighting will do for her.
The last person I turned her was noticeably impressed with how fantastic/different she is.

G

Hey maree,
I was looking at the pic I posted above and the girl I'm flowering now is a beast. She is at about 26 days and stretch has stopped sometime ago. She is setting flowers and all looks to be good. I'm excited about how she will respond to the new light spectrum. So far she seems to have reduced her stretch by about 1/3. Other than that I've not noticed any differences in how she grows.
I'll be sure to post any progress and especially at the end.
Peace,
OC

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anyone has grown First Lady chime in here. I have a dozen seeds of her and will pop 1 next grow. Supposed to be Mexican old school psychedelic high. Hope so as I miss that buzz.

E

egodeath

bought a pack of queen mother, it had 13 seeds of which all sprouted.
at first the growth was quite uniform, then later showed relatively big size differences and the onset of flowering was very different between the plants.
unfortunately out of 13 plants only 2 were female, one very small, the other one big, the one big female still has not started to flower properly (only preflowers, no bud development at all) although the males already have started 4 weeks ago and the other female 2 weeks ago, which was also very late.
i am quite disappointed because i had read some good reviews but for my purposes this is not what i am looking for.

Latest posts

Latest posts