What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

Jhhnn

Veteran
I have a question for those who've grown QM. Is she manageable indoors w/o topping or is she a stretch monster?

mobi50

Yes, the Queen Moter tends to stretch when left to flower.
The stretching can be reduced by using white light (metal halide) for the growing fase and the first couple of weeks of the flowering, than you can switch to sodium.
This way the plant stay much more compact.
If you have any more questions I' ll be pleased to help you. Good luck!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Yes, the Queen Moter tends to stretch when left to flower.
The stretching can be reduced by using white light (metal halide) for the growing fase and the first couple of weeks of the flowering, than you can switch to sodium.
This way the plant stay much more compact.
If you have any more questions I' ll be pleased to help you. Good luck!

Thanks for that. I recently started using Philips 315 CDM lamps seed to harvest- very white light. It's my first round with them & one very "sativa" pheno of what I'm growing still stretched enormously, at least 5x the height when lighting was reduced to 12/12. My grow space is only 6'3" tall floor to reflector so it's a management problem.

I don't want to top the plants if I can avoid it, preferring to induce flowering at 12"- 15" tall & let them keep their natural shape.

If QM doesn't stretch to more than 3-4x the height when flowering is induced I'll be OK. Otherwise, I'll top them early at 8-10", veg to 12" or so before inducing flowering.

I may top them just to be safe if folks who've grown her think that's the smart way to go.

I don't want to top the plants if I can avoid it, preferring to induce flowering at 12"- 15" tall & let them keep their natural shape.

Hi Jhhnn, I've grown her and I would say this is the way to go. She is naturally tall and not branchy enough for topping. I topped mine and it was a mistake. Next time I'll use smaller pots/higher density and induce flowering sooner. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
G

Hey Deli enthusiasts! Here are a few harvest pics of an Upstream I took down today. She went 63 days. I am going to try her clones at a week earlier and later to see what direction the high goes in. The smell of Upstream is very similar to Lilly with it being slightly less pronounced and with more of a fruit and less of a perfume or tropical note. Yields noticeably more than Lilly. Stretch was around 100%. Trouble free grow. I've collected some Pie Face pollen recently and am going to dust a few branches of both Upstream and Lilly with it. Should make for a fun cross.

Irotas

Little and probably last of the updates... others are down, Queen Mother will be the next one in some time! Love the mango/guava/ripe pinneaple smell!

Delicatessen stocks probably two of the best few spanish strains ever bred (Lilly and QM), a fantastic breeder with very distinctive style really. Connoisseur organoleptics that make anyone want to bite the buds, lovely colors, frosty flowers and outstanding stimulating high for the active life. Only bad thing is the high sensitivity against grey mold in most strains, flowers are a bit too leafy. These aren't for humid outdoors I guess... I was only able to save a few Lilly flowers, all the big colas were damaged by the mold. :comfort:

Reina Madre aka Queen Mother, got some amazing purple colors with the low temps lately:

Vibes.

Hi, you stated the queen mother and Lilly are not good for humid outdoors? Or just the Lilly? I can understand the Lilly because the flowers look more compact.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah the QM was the best strain overall for rainy outdoors (she's the most sativa one)... while the Lilly and Alice were prone to mold in most people's experience.

They work very nicely indoors and drier climates. I guess it depends on phenos as well, mine were all widespread clones but a friend had different experiences with his Lillies. Purple one was totally prone to mold while the green pheno was ok with the rain at the very harsh northern coast of Spain.

As for the stretch, they are a bit strechy but I normally keep them controlled by using smaller pots and MH lights during the first 12/12 weeks (stretch phase) until they stabilize. Works like a charm for this kind of strains and even Hazes!

;)

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Some pics from a yummy pinneapple candy cut of Lilly grown indoors in coco coir. Frosty and stincky as she can be and very fast too, a real pleasure to grow.

She's definitely getting some nice colors with the temperature drop lately, she's about 7 weeks now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vibes.

maree

I have a Lily with a bizarre growth pattern. Got one seed to pop and germinate. Very slow growth, probably attributable to it having three growing tips, like conjoined triplets, one dominating over the other two, maybe due to the feminisation process, but who knows? The dominant one is now growing much, much faster than the other two. (As the plant exhibited columnar growth with very little growth of the side-branches, have done some low stress training to encourage these two so I can take them as cuttings.)

Almost as odd is that, after reaching the fifth internode, the dominant stem bifurcated into two growing tips of its own accord, without pinching. Really curious to see how this is going to turn out.

hugo23

Hi, you stated the queen mother and Lilly are not good for humid outdoors? Or just the Lilly? I can understand the Lilly because the flowers look more compact.
My Lilly's finished properly at the end of September here at 49 degree north.
They were growin at a shady and humid spot. 0% mold on very small medium density buds. Lilly loves the sun unless you have a full sun spot it is not worth to grow outdoors, very low yield and puny buds.
The plants are strong with solid branches, about 2m in height. The most noticeable trait is the unique smell/flavour of coco/pineapple/sweet'n'sour.
The high is uplifting and activating african sativa though in a uncomfortable way, maybe I had just a bad pheno.

BlackBart

Veteran
Beautiful photo's Mustafunk .
I just got done growing Upstream from Delicatessen seeds .
Super up happy time high that will put a great big smile on your face .
She smells of pineapple and chocolate .

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 22

BlackBart

Veteran
Thanks CTG and 2000PM . Sorry I have not been here for quite sometime .

To answer your question I took the Upstream to 65 days . She is great daytime or party weed .