What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
So they barely started to flower and you are already dissapointed? lol.

Sorry about the male abundance (males are always much faster than females though), but look at the positive side, you can select the nicest male and make F2 seeds so you can have free seeds for yourself and all your friends for years... ;)

Peace.

E

egodeath

So they barely started to flower and you are already dissapointed? lol.

Sorry about the male abundance (males are always much faster than females though), but look at the positive side, you can select the nicest male and make F2 seeds so you can have free seeds for yourself and all your friends for years... ;)

Peace.

yes, you are correct, i am disappointed because they havent started to flower even though they should have started to flower over a month ago and the other female (remember 2 out of 13 plants?) already started to flower a lot earlier than the other female.
how yould i be disappointed with that?
2 out of 13, considerable size variation and flowering onset variation over one month and it doesnt even show flower development yet, very nice work, i am impressed !

baduy

hi egodeath do you have light pollution in your garden? About the ratio male/female it's something that happens,call it bad luck; if you are not ready to accept that you could buy your reina madre seeds in feminized form but you can't blame the breeder.

E

egodeath

hi egodeath do you have light pollution in your garden? About the ratio male/female it's something that happens,call it bad luck; if you are not ready to accept that you could buy your reina madre seeds in feminized form but you can't blame the breeder.

that would be a possibility but it is not the case in my case. only 2 females out of 13 could be bad luck, but such a big variation in flowering onset is not my problem and can not be blamed on me.
how i know that? because the other 25 strains i grew this year had no problems at all, thats why

Koondense

Veteran
Anyone have some info on her majesty?
I believe she will be my first delicatessen choice, or maybe qm. Most others seem to be to smelly for my taste...and i'd love to try some mexican genes.

Azaghal

Veteran
Hello everybody :tiphat:

Just want to share a few pictures and experiences regarding the variety "Alice" by Original Delicatessen Seedbank.

Purchased a pack of 6 regular seeds via Cannabiogen online store and germed them this spring dircetly in seedling-suitable potting soil with 2 x 55W, 6400K Fluoros as a light source.

4/6 seeds germed, one of them was really stunted and did not develope its first true leaves and eventually shrivelled away.

All 3 remaining seedlings showed some slight growth abnormalities like "crinkled " leaves, misplaced or douplicated leave "fingers" and asymetrical branching.
Both males expressed limited intersex tendencies as they developed female flowers on a pair of side branches each, which were also pollinated.

I was able to harvest 15 seeds from one male, hopefully there will also be some female plants among them since YY males are said to be unviable which leaves us with 66,6% XY males and 33,3% XX females so maybe, with a bit of luck ~ 5 female among these seeds.

The female plant had a very nice fresh and fruity smell, people like me, who enjoy sweet sativas, will find this attractive, I guess.
Furthermore haven't I seen any signs of Botrytis nor Mildew, so zero mold on her !

Overall I am satisfied with my experience of Alice. :good::yay:

I guess this variety is just a little bit inbred/homocygous since its genome is theoretical ~ 75 % congolese. As far as I know, the pedigree is :
((Unknown sativa from Spain x Reunion) x Congo1) x Congo1 or a Reina Madre backcross to the Congo parental.

And to achieve fast flowering, a distinct fruitiness, high trichome production and all other characteristics you have to select and inbred your breeding stock.
But this last part is only me speculating because I don't know for sure.
A smokereport will follow after a decent time of drying and curing.

Cheers

Attachments

• Whole female Alice.jpg
    Whole female Alice.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 31
  • From above looking down.jpg
    From above looking down.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Sidebud 1.jpg
    Sidebud 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Sidebud 2.jpg
    Sidebud 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Upper part.jpg
    Upper part.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 29
That's a nice looking plant Azaghal, gonna have to add this strain to the short list. I've had good luck so far with Congolese genetics; interested to read a smoke report.

mobi50

Hola Azaghal,
as far as I know Alice lately has only been sold as fem.
Did you buy the seeds some time ago? If you had any problems with germination don' t hesitate and contact Original Delicatessen and they will replace your loss no problem,
Good luck!

mobi50

That looks fantastic! Is there any plant under the resin? You can hardly see it! Let us know the effect of it.

Hola Azaghal,
as far as I know Alice lately has only been sold as fem.
Did you buy the seeds some time ago? If you had any problems with germination don' t hesitate and contact Original Delicatessen and they will replace your loss no problem,
Good luck!

Regular seeds are available also. Check their web dude.

Thanks guys. I was testing her in a pot with soil, outdoors at 30s 1300m where she auto-flowered, finishing soon after midsummer
(her more 'sativa' sister flowered normally).

I would say the effect is clear and functional, but also a bit flat and neutral.
Ideal breakfast smoke for me.

BruceBanner

It seems that Lilly is really a special plant, I have put one seed in zip lock baggy to give it to a guy so he can grow it outdoors, although there was no humidity in the new baggy, the next day he found that the seed sprouted in the bag lolol unreal... I have put another one to soak in, and after 24h I've noticed a part of shell split off, but when I looked better, it wasn't the shell, it was the taproot that is dark olive brown color! I've never seen that before nor in pictures lol :D

Koondense

Veteran
Hey Delicatessen aficionados,
which of their varieties would you recommend for a small indoor grow?
Must not be too smelly but should be proper sativa character, fruity is good.
I'm considering Lilly, Alice, Queen Mother and mostly Su Majestad(Her Majesty) because of the Mexican genes(QM x Primera Dama?)

Thanks for any help

G

All I've grown so far is the Lilly and the Upstream.
Upstream was a very good yielder and there was no paranoia to the high. It was as strong as Lilly and fragrant in a lighter summers eve kind of a way.
Lilly has grail status in my garden. She is the whole package and takes people by surprise when they first try her. She has a strong and friendly high that is all in the head and back of neck. She looks great while growing and in the bag. She is a resin machine and her smell is original tropical perfume. I've managed smaller Lillys and done fine with yield. Id say she was average to above average in yield.

G

Hi guys!Are the mentioned 8-9 weeks of flowering time for Queen Mother a science fiction scenario as I presume or what?I got the seeds and if she finishes at 11 weeks-12 tops she's going in!What about structure/stretch?:thank you:

baduy

I don't know about indoor times but in 2015 I had one RM ready to cull mid-October and a second one 3rd wek of October,regular seeds,afair they were 6/7ft tall (guerilla). They were beauties during flowering, effects and taste were similar but the slower one was more potent.
Both grew quite columnar with good branching only in the end. The leaves were not that narrow during vegging. A good stretch in the end but not more than I expected from a sativa. Nice colors with the Autumn cold. They were 43N.
I don't know why I didn't grow her again last year, this year for sure, at least two girls.
Excellent daytime smoke