What's new

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

mobi50

nice plants BlackBart! Congratulations. Did they receive cold temperature? Normally they turn that color when temperatures get below 18c.

maree

Lilly

Lilly

Here's my Lilly - flowering under 110 watts of pl-l, a little way into it's fourth week of 12/12. She's turned out as quite a delicate but vigorous plant, at least in my set-up, beautifully fine, long-fingered sativa leaves.

Attachments

• Lilly 1.jpg
    Lilly 1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19

maree

Lilly mother

Lilly mother

I had three seeds originally - unfortunately, only one of them germinated and sprouted. Showed odd mutations - three apical growing tips, one of which is flowering now (see pic above), one cut to grow on to flower next and the other one cut to keep for a mother because it has the unusual trait of forming three branches at each internode, rather than the usual two. I figured it'd give me 50% more cuttings.

It grows very vigorously - more so than the part I have flowering or the other cutting.

Attachments

• Lilly branch 2.jpg
    Lilly branch 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

maree

Lilly and friend

Lilly and friend

And here she is with her stable mate - a Peyote Purple (which is a week further into flower), vertically scrogged around one side of the pl-ls. Haven't got the flowering size right yet so the scrog is a little bare. On the other side, experimenting with flowering from cuttings between 10 and 15cm high.

Attachments

• scrog 3.jpg
    scrog 3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 19
  • scrog 5.jpg
    scrog 5.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
G

Lilly has grail like qualities. You are just now entering into the phase when the terpenes will bless your nose with tropical fruit and flowery perfume notes.
Yours has thinner leaves than mine, but I've run a few beans of this and they ALL turned out excellent.
Very unique strain altogether.
Keep stopping back to report progress!

G

Coincidentally I harvested an Upstream today. Figured I'd post some pics for the OD fanbase.

I want to post here as well as the other Original Delicatessen's thread for exposure.
I really love the Upstream with its vigor yield and quality of nose in the jar. It is louder than Lilly, and they are somewhat different. Both pleasant when you open up the lid and take a whiff. You are not expecting such a sweet non weed smell. Its that Upstream is so much more and remains loud long into the cure.

Lilly is much more sativa and quite potent, especially for an everyday driver. Upstream is more mellow and balanced of a high. Both taste great. The bag appeal on Upstream is not on the same level as the Lilly, in my opinion.
The pics were hastily taken on a camera phone. I wanted to get across the size and yield on this one. I expect somewhere >5.
The last pic is the 2 gallon hempy bucket. Roots down to the bottom and engulfing the pearlite.

mobi50

yes, I' ve found some three branches from time to time, I used to lable them as CL (150 en numeros romanos), unfortunately that peculiarity seams to disappear as the plant grows.
Thanks for the photos

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Outcold,
the upstream looks pretty good but your description of Lilly makes me want to grow her.
I need a sativa with not strong smell and quite fast finish of max 10 weeks and a good yield, does she fit the bill or should I look for another strain?
Thanks for any help

Cheers

maree

yes, I' ve found some three branches from time to time, I used to lable them as CL (150 en numeros romanos), unfortunately that peculiarity seams to disappear as the plant grows.
Thanks for the photos

Yeah - was hopeful that cuttings would carry the same trait and so have more flowering sites but the side-branches display a more usual growth pattern.

Oddly enough, though growth from seed with it's three growing tips was extremely slow, this particular cutting is extraordinarily vigourous, at least treble the growth of a peyote purple cutting taken at the same time. Will be difficult to keep this for a mother without vicious, regular pruning.

maree

Lilly has grail like qualities. You are just now entering into the phase when the terpenes will bless your nose with tropical fruit and flowery perfume notes.
Yours has thinner leaves than mine, but I've run a few beans of this and they ALL turned out excellent.
Very unique strain altogether.
Keep stopping back to report progress!

Thanks Outcold, going at a rate of knots now and will snap a couple more pics to put up over the weekend. I was really excited about this plant before starting it (went through torments when two of my three beans didn't pop and really hope I have a half decent version of the strain in this single plant). The success of the cuttings and now your description has fired me up again and can't wait to see the results.

G

Hey Koondense,
I feel Lilly is fairly low smell in general, but am unsure of it being stealth. The smell of Lilly (& Upstream) is mostly non-pot smell, except for that tinge of skunk dank at the end of your inhale. But all of the other criteria are easily met. I tried taking Lilly down at 63 days and the head high was diminished somewhat. She does get a bit more dense in that last week, but I feel the 56 day harvest is best for my head.

Marie;
Snap up some pics when you have the time. I would love to follow your progress. I have confidence in Original Delicatessen's gear and know you will like what you find.

maree

Couple of snaps - Lilly in situ with her friend, Peyote Purple, a couple of buds that the eagle-eyed amongst you will notice are starting to form resin, another Lilly, a couple of weeks behind, flowered from five inch cutting now twenty inches tall (her leaves are pushed up against the pl-ls so suffering a little), and a wonky close-up of her top flower.

Attachments

• 20160409_005548.jpg
    20160409_005548.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2016-04-09 12.07.33.jpg
    2016-04-09 12.07.33.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
  • 2016-04-09 12.05.07.jpg
    2016-04-09 12.05.07.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2016-04-09 12.06.20.jpg
    2016-04-09 12.06.20.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2016-04-09 12.07.42.jpg
    2016-04-09 12.07.42.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 17

mobi50

Hi maree, it looks to me as if your plants have received too much food. Sativas normally require less food and can be easily overfed. Let us know and thanks for the photos.

maree

Hi maree, it looks to me as if your plants have received too much food. Sativas normally require less food and can be easily overfed. Let us know and thanks for the photos.

Hi Mobi - I can see why you'd say that of the taller of the two (the one grown from cuttings) as the leaves have that classic inverted canoe shape and clawing that comes with too much nitrogen. The peyote purple also displays some of the tell-tale signs but, oddly, only on the larger, older fan-leaves; all else seems to be fine. The larger of the two Lilly (the one on the frame), to me, exhibits no signs of over/under nutrition (the leaves aren't as dark as they look in the pic, much nearer to the lime-green colour I would think of as healthy in this kind of plant. In fact, I'd associate the yellowing of the lower leaves with possible N deficiency though, at this stage of it's life cycle, I wouldn't be concerned. Unless, of course, you're seeing something that I'm not. Let me know!

They don't receive any food other than what goes into the soil mix; biochar, brown earth loam, calcified seaweed, volcanic rock dust, worm humus, organic potato fertiliser (high on phosphorous and potassium, low on nitrogen) and some perlite and vermiculite. They don't get anything else to eat unless they look real hungry (and none of these have).

Think though, as you say, this may still be too strong a mix for the Lilly grown from a cutting. However, she is also shoved up against pl-l fluorescents to make the most of the light and think the almost direct contact has caused some leaf curling.

However, I have much more experience with regular hybrids than with pure(ish) sativas as have only very recently started growing them but haven't had any issues with feed levels during this time - did do my research! The soil mix may be too hot for the girl but, hopefully, it'll have eaten through most of it pretty soon and will continue to water/flush the soil with water only to help them along.

Always willing to listen to those more experienced than myself though so will take what you say on board and try amending the mix for any future Lilly cuttings to see how it goes.

Thanks for the tip man - lets see how this one does.

maree

Anways - here's some pics of Lily taken last week. Fortnight or so to go now. Little Peyote Purple bud alongside.

Attachments

• 20160416_005620.jpg
    20160416_005620.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 17
  • 20160416_005700.jpg
    20160416_005700.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 20
  • 20160416_005534.jpg
    20160416_005534.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 19

maree

Last one before harvest in a week or so. Taken end of last week.

Attachments

• 20160421_110927.jpg
    20160421_110927.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 14

maree

Still a few more days/week or so to go...

Attachments

• DSC09481.jpg
    DSC09481.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC09490.jpg
    DSC09490.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC09491.jpg
    DSC09491.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC09495.jpg
    DSC09495.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 12

maree

Thought I might as well keep on going...harvest a little further away than I imagined a week ago.

Attachments

• 20160426_000612.jpg
    20160426_000612.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20160426_000640 ed 1.jpg
    20160426_000640 ed 1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2016-04-26 00.15.31.jpg
    2016-04-26 00.15.31.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 14

Queen Mum x Critical+

Queen Mum x Critical+

I have some Queenies from the Deli, had some trouble with them as last year we had this tremendous heat wave, they grew large and lanky, good production unfortunately low on turps and resin, heat kills.
I did get this amazing cross last winter, incredibly sticky, heavy production, tight hard buds, brilliant, so i am also running some right now, this summer things should go better all round with a new super silent aircon unit. So anyways ...

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts