What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

DoDad

I have 5 c99's, 3 Queen Mothers and 1 Alice in the same tent. That 1 Alice smells more than all the others combined.

I can't say it's pineapple unless you stuck a pineapple up a skunks butt.

I wouldn't suggest this strain for the stealth grower. My Alice is one smelly lady and I don't even have preflowers yet.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I have 5 c99's, 3 Queen Mothers and 1 Alice in the same tent. That 1 Alice smells more than all the others combined.

I can't say it's pineapple unless you stuck a pineapple up a skunks butt.

I've just realized I mixed the names because of the new releases and changes in strain names... Alice and Lilly are indeed two different strains! Lilly is the pinneapple one! ;)

Queen Mother = Reunion x unknown sativa from Spain x Congo1
Dreams & Honey = Congo1 x Congo Banghi
Her Majesty = Queen Mother x Mexican 70s.
Alice = Queen Mother x Congo1
Lilly = Dreams & Honey x Queen Mother.
First Lady = Mexican 70s (in theory gifted by Robert Clarke).
Edy = HH (north india/pakistan strain) x Congo Banghi
Upstream = Lilly x HH.

DoDad

I've just realized I mixed the names because of the new releases and changes in strain names... Alice and Lilly are indeed two different strains! Lilly is the pinneapple one! ;)

What is Alice "supposed" to smell like?

There is just no question it's different than the QM in odor. Of course if you like that heavy skunky weed smell, you'll like the way Alice smells or at least my pheno is that way.

For me, I'm not sure I want more than one based on smell alone. An entire room of Alice I think would be hard to odor control.

My QM are the same size as the Alice and no more odor than the C99. So far I can say QM is low odor. I can't say that about Alice.

G

This is an Upstream gal that will get her first dark period tomorrow. She is a seed plant and I'm putting her in when she is just barely showing sexual maturity. Any good ideas on how much she will stretch?
OC

G

Here is a Lilly at day 27. I have two different s1's I am reselecting a mom from. The one pictured is a little thinner leafed. We shall see!

Rory Borealis

Veteran
This is an Upstream gal that will get her first dark period tomorrow. She is a seed plant and I'm putting her in when she is just barely showing sexual maturity. Any good ideas on how much she will stretch?
OC
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63542&pictureid=1500031View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63542&pictureid=1500030View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63542&pictureid=1500029View Image

It will stretch by 25 -35%. The fragrances from UPSTREAM can be intoxicating. Last summer I grew two that smelled of creamy blueberry/raspberry breakfast cereal.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
What is Alice "supposed" to smell like?

There is just no question it's different than the QM in odor. Of course if you like that heavy skunky weed smell, you'll like the way Alice smells or at least my pheno is that way.

My QM are the same size as the Alice and no more odor than the C99. So far I can say QM is low odor. I can't say that about Alice.

Well my Alice cut is pretty skunky and pungent as well, much different to the QM and Lilly cuts.

Alice also has a leafy hashplant aspect and lots of resin on the leaves, as opposed to the more airy and delicate structure of the others. The leaves are very circle-like, the other strains have longer and slender leaves, it's definitely the faster flowering one and by the looks probably the most productive one:

tO1W3aD.jpg

The Lilly cut going just behind with an amazing pinneaple candy smell. I can't imagine the smell in a few weeks. It's getting nice purple colors and plenty of resin too:

hUL8xMx.jpg

The QM is definitely the latest flowering of the seedbank... with its signature structure and unique shaped leaves it's an unmistakable strain:

kATmGAB.jpg

FXRNlYf.jpg

Vibes.:tiphat:

hey guys. i'm growing some alice outdoors this year - i have two plants, but only one is really doing well. the other is pretty shaded most of the time. i planted them late - she's only about two and half feet tall but she smells extremely exotic - no skunk smell whatsoever. probably guava, like musatfunk says but i've never smelled one lol.

alice is at the bottom left with the green net wrapped around her... the big ones in the back are sag's western winds. the streching on those ww bad boys didn't stop until about ten days ago lol. first sign of pistils were at the end of august.

sXMPdEB.jpg

ZppAFFQ.jpg

u37mxpP.jpg

cXhW9rR.jpg

Last edited:
G

Here is a couple of pictures of an Upstream at day 17, and a Lilly at day 45. The Upstream stretched almost as much as the Lilly. Too soon to note any scent, but I'm liking the open structure of the Upstream. She will be fun to dial in, in my vert set-up. The Lilly pictured is one of two seed plants. Both are similar and will be run a couple of times to rate differences.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Little and probably last of the updates... others are down, Queen Mother will be the next one in some time! Love the mango/guava/ripe pinneaple smell!

Delicatessen stocks probably two of the best few spanish strains ever bred (Lilly and QM), a fantastic breeder with very distinctive style really. Connoisseur organoleptics that make anyone want to bite the buds, lovely colors, frosty flowers and outstanding stimulating high for the active life. Only bad thing is the high sensitivity against grey mold in most strains, flowers are a bit too leafy. These aren't for humid outdoors I guess... I was only able to save a few Lilly flowers, all the big colas were damaged by the mold. :comfort:

Reina Madre aka Queen Mother, got some amazing purple colors with the low temps lately:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vibes.

idiit

Veteran
9143698429a666608ae039d9e2d8c555_1484393.jpg

picture.php

rc clark's primera dama female s1 from delicatessen

Mario has stated there is phenotype variation in the primera dama but some are the most potent sativa he has.

will post updates including early appraisal smoke report.

crossed this gal with some purple wire mafate zamal pollen.

will do fem s2's if she smokes up really nice or shows some extreme purple.

DoDad

I grew 3 QM and 1 alice. The QM seemed to take much longer than the Alice by my eyes and alice produced more bud.

In all fairness, I did something really stupid and it really cost me this grow. I think that may be why I don't have great yeilds out of either but I do have an ounce or two from each to sample.

The Alice grew faster and larger buds so far and finished earlier I think. I have cloned the alice again and am about ready to put her in the flower tent. I also took some QM clones too but if I had to choose one, Alice might get the spot in the tent.

Alice Smells AmAzInG! Christ.

I said before if you're a stealth grower a room full of alice isn't advised. One in the tent smells up my place.

I'm not sure they took too well to supercropping but I would be open to trying it again this run.

Here is a clone from that plant which produced the cola I posted before. These images show me supercropping the top. It supercrops fine this time. Grown from clone in this 32 oz drink cup. Mini hempy bucket. Nutes were K.I.S.S system. Maxibloom only.

This plant goes 12/12 any day now. Alice grow try #2.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2supercrop.jpg
    2supercrop.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 3topdown.jpg
    3topdown.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

mobi50

hi DoDad,
I can't really say if your Alice is ready or not, the photo is not close enough.
You need to look at the resin and the calixes. The trichomes have to look like a lollipop, the resin gland has to be larger than the stem that holds it and the calixes swollen as if the were producing seeds.
Hope you let us know how you enjoy the smoke.
All the best

DoDad

hi DoDad,
I can't really say if your Alice is ready or not, the photo is not close enough.
You need to look at the resin and the calixes. The trichomes have to look like a lollipop, the resin gland has to be larger than the stem that holds it and the calixes swollen as if the were producing seeds.
Hope you let us know how you enjoy the smoke.
All the best

Alice is chopped, dried and bagged. I need to test it on a fresh day but I liked it a lot that one day I tried it. Yesterday was QM, the day before Alice. Today is Sexbud day, tomorrow FS c99. I'll get back to Alice real soon. I think it's my favorite from this run.

You're from Spain I see. I got my original seeds from Rafa.

mobi50

Well...I' ve been living in Spain for many years, aunque born and bred in Italy.
I' m pleased you liked the Alice, enjoy it!

DoDad

Well...I' ve been living in Spain for many years, aunque born and bred in Italy.
I' m pleased you liked the Alice, enjoy it!

I knew both queen mother and Alice were Spanish strains. Someone on ICmag suggested it in a PM. I bought the QM and the Alice was a freebie.

Is it my imagination or does Alice put on more weight than QM and finish earlier?

Queen Mother seems like very nice daytime high, Alice a little heavier buzz. Does that sound about right?

Alice made me hyper aware I think moreso than QM and I can't wait to test it again.

Does that sound about right?