What's new

DEA Scoffs Obama: Raids California Dispensary

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
While I belive Onbama will at least end the raids and thereby making MMJ legal on a pseudo federal level, it will not change my focus either way. I grew before MMJ was legal on a state level and when small amounts still meant big jail time. I will grow if it becomes illegal on the state level again. For me it will always be a personal and secretive act shared among close friends. Like a 'fraternity of herb' if you will. Even if legal, I am so indoctrinated in my thinking I would not freely share my lifestyle with strangers/public/ general physician anyway. I share genetics I have with the community and offer my homegrown meds to people in my circle that really need it. I make my own crosses. Some good! Some not so much and share those when I can. That is my donation and I dont have any one/bureaucracy standing in the middle of that transaction for me. I encourage people to get into orgs. like NORML/ASA and learn about the community, but have never given a second thought to joining. Thats just my personal thing and its what makes me comfy while being active. The main reason honestly is I enjoy the ability to enjoy herb and help my fellow man out when possible but I have other important things going on. Point blank. Activism takes time and energy and I have very little of both. And when I do have it and it is all mine, I dont wanna go and be a pot revolutionary. I know that sounds selfish but tell that to my kids. Besides, I wouldnt join a club or Org. that would allow someone like me to be a member!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
It would take Obama all of 2 minutes to call his secretary into his office to dictate a letter to the DEA directing them to immediately stop MMJ raids.

It would take her all of 10 minutes to type it, and that's if she's a slow typist.

It would take him all of 30 seconds to proof-read it and sign it.

It would take all of 10 minutes for a courier to deliver it to the DoJ and the DEA less than a mile down Pennsylvania Ave.

Yes, under 30 minutes flat to cease DEA raids. Anybody else want to use the "more important things to do" argument?

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Keep in mind, Obama is 100% against MMJ--
He has stated he is for State's Right's...but if the DEA can spin a tale of dubious dealings from a Dispensary or Co-op...don't think he won't back them--:wallbash:

Well I see no better reason then, kmk, to continue keeping up the fight. This is a war they've admitted they can't win... so let's see how much longer taxpayer will continue letting them waste money. :D

Did I ask you if you were going to be in DC on the 4th, kmk?

Would love to see ya there, brudda!

G

The claim of fighting cancer is pretty fantastic, so it needs to come with equally fantastic evidence.. irrefutable evidence like double blind trials in large numbers with cause and effect clearly established.

Without that no one will take it seriously. So we need to work on getting research restrictions lifted first.
"You can't prove that. There have been no human trials."

"OK. Can we do some human trials?"

"No"

It's been going on for years. This is an endless word game that is killing people.

The Rick Simpson video has been viewed more than 200,000 times. Some folks are taking it seriously.

At this point only one single person needs to take it seriously. President Obama.

One bad part is that conclusive evidence is extensive. Takes a lot of time to digest. Most folks have a hard time being focused for more than a few seconds. That's why I posted that link to the 30 second video.

The first medical study showing cannabinoids killing cancer was reported in 1974. It had been tested against lung and breast cancers. Cannabinoids killed both kinds of cancer. Test tube kind of tests against samples of human cancer.

See Granny StormCrow's list and see the sections on cancer.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=107333
She must have fifty medical studies listed under cancer.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Yall need ta give obama some time. Unless your goal is to show him the benefits that it will have in stimulating the economy then Obama doesnt give uh FUCK about medical marijuana or whats goin on with it. Hes got bigger fish to fry, like the fuckin war we're in and recession... I know its an important issue for us all but recognize that the their other more important issues facing our country. Not that this isnt important, it is, just like #3 or 4, not 1.

G

From Granny's list:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/12088.php

Researchers in Spain have discovered that a cannabis extract makes brain tumors shrink by halting the growth of blood vessels that supply the tumors with life. Cannabis has chemicals called cannabinoids, these are the chemicals that could effectively starve tumors to death, say the researchers.

The study was carried out at the Complutense University, Madrid, Spain.

The team used mice to demonstrate that the cannabinoids block vessel growth.

You can read about this latest research in the journal Cancer Research.

Apparently, the procedure is also effective in humans.

The Spanish team, led by Dr Manuel Guzm�n, wanted to see whether they could prevent glioblastoma multiforme cancer from growing by cutting off its blood supply. Glioblastoma multiforme is one of the most difficult cancers to treat - it seldom responds to any medical intervention, such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy and surgery.

The scientists knew that cannabinoids will block the growth of blood vessels (to tumors) in mice - they wanted to find out whether the same thing would happen with humans.

The mice were given a cancer similar to the human brain cancer (glioblastoma multiforme). The mice were then given cannabinoids and the genes examined.

The genes associated with blood vessel growth in tumors through the production of a chemical called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) had their activity reduced.

Cannabinoids halt VEGF production by producing Ceramide. Ceramide controls cell death.

Dr Guzm�n said: "As far as we know, this is the first report showing that ceramide depresses VEGF pathway by interfering with VEGF production."

They then wanted to see if this would also happen with humans.

They selected two patients who had glioblastoma multiforme and had not responded to chemotherapy, radiotherapy or surgery. The scientists took samples from them before and after treating them with a cannabinoids solution - this was administered directly into the tumor.

Amazingly, both patients experienced reduced VEGF levels in the tumor as a result of treatment with cannabinoids.

The researchers said that the results were encouraging. In order to be sure about their findings they need to carry out a larger study, they said.

Dr Guzm�n said "The present findings provide a novel pharmacological target for cannabinoid-based therapies."

Last edited:
G

Yall need ta give obama some time. Unless your goal is to show him the benefits that it will have in stimulating the economy then Obama doesnt give uh FUCK about medical marijuana or whats goin on with it. Hes got bigger fish to fry, like the fuckin war we're in and recession... I know its an important issue for us all but recognize that the their other more important issues facing our country. Not that this isnt important, it is, just like #3 or 4, not 1.
Marijuana is the only business in the United States that is growing.

Obama thinks that marijuana is only good for getting high. If he understood that our currently federal policy is killing thousands of innocent Americans then it would move up on his list. Given that he could take action without a vote from congress, I believe he would act at once.

I say this because I believe him to be a good, Godly man. Although I could be wrong and he is spawn from hell and enjoys killing as many people as he can.

The fact that he seems willing to let the DEA continue to act in CA would tend to put him in the second area (spawn from hell).

I tend to believe he is a good man that simply doesn't understand .. yet.

ROJO145

Veteran
Oh....its Cancer we are curing now,ok.
it is a proven Fact that cancer can not live in an alkaline environment,thousands of learned scientists and studies have shown this,yet,why isnt every doctor out there telling people to alkalyze there bodies?
There are tens of thousands of reports on the carrot juice cure,64 oz's of pure carrot juice a day and wam...cancer cured.Why dont we hear about that every day.
PB,you mis-inform and half speak all your babble,the fact that you keep blaming Obama for these deaths annoys me.They HAVE running human studies on the very thing your talking about,and better brains than ours have and are on the case......MJ is no cure,or rather,there are BETTER cures out there.

YOU PEOPLE KEEP MISSING THE ONLY POINT THAT MATTERS HERE>ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY!!!!!!!!

its so simple its hard to digest I know:wallbash:

Last edited:
G

Oh....its Cancer we are curing now,ok.
Not just cancer. Diabetes also. Those are numbers 1 and 3 on the hit list.

PB,you mis-inform and half speak all your babble,the fact that you keep blaming Obama for these deaths annoys me.They HAVE running human studies on the very thing your talking about,and better brains than ours have and are on the case......
Good to know. What kinds of cancer is cannabis being used against? What have the results been so far. You must concede that they had to have some indication to justify starting the studies.

MJ is no cure,or rather,there are BETTER cures out there.
So you already know the results of the studies before they are concluded?

Last edited:
G

And since you already know the answers, let me ask you this:

What are they using in these tests? The crap from the U of Mississippi?

Are they using Delta-9-THC like we get when we smoke it or the more powerful Delta-11 like Rick Simpson was using?

You see, when it's eaten, the human liver converts the D-9 into the more powerful D-11. And that's just the THC. Other cannabinoids are also converted into something else. Are those others being tested also? Or are the researchers trying to use the compounds that Rick says don't work?

Remember:
1. Rick was treating about 300 people when the government stopped him.
2. Dozens of people showed up at his trial with their medical records and doctors to prove his claims.
3. Rick found out that results were strain specific.

I can see medical researchers ignoring existing human application information when it's information from someone outside the medical profession. "They can't possibly know what they are talking about" is the knee jerk thought.

And their professional ego's get in the way of results.

Last edited:

ROJO145

Veteran
LOL......yer just plain LOST!!!!Nothing I say or show you will change that.I applaud your youthful enthusiasm,but it has you looking thru blinders.If you want to believe what your saying go right on,smarter heads will see the truth for what it is...............do you really believe there is a cure for cancer in marijuana and "they" whoever they are at the time,are suppressing this???Do you really believe that the hundreds of scientific studies done over the last lifetime are wrong.Now you will resort to "well your study is wrong,and they didnt account for that,add nauseum"
Marijuana is an effective alternative treatment,period.But a cure it is not.
You will not draw me into your rhetoric,I post simply to keep you real.OBAMA isnt responsible for ONE death you lay on his head.
Funny,I go to all the norml sites,cancer sites,and various other sites and I dont see PB there preaching????????:fsu:

whodi

Veteran
Wouldn't it be amazing if the marijuana industry was legalized and brought our entire country out of recession and just think how many people would actually stop and think.. "wow that was a great idea.. guess marijuana isn't so bad"

G

Do you really believe that the hundreds of scientific studies done over the last lifetime are wrong.
I've linked in several studies and you haven't linked in any at all.

I've cited the Simpson examples of real life human application and you've supplied nothing at all.

You scoff and provide nothing to support your pre judged notions.

Do you have a vested interest? I don't understand why you are so determined I must be wrong.

Actually I must insist that it is you who are supplying false information.

Last edited:
T

texsativa

LOL......yer just plain LOST!!!!Nothing I say or show you will change that.I applaud your youthful enthusiasm,but it has you looking thru blinders.If you want to believe what your saying go right on,smarter heads will see the truth for what it is...............do you really believe there is a cure for cancer in marijuana and "they" whoever they are at the time,are suppressing this???Do you really believe that the hundreds of scientific studies done over the last lifetime are wrong.Now you will resort to "well your study is wrong,and they didnt account for that,add nauseum"
You will not draw me into your rhetoric,I post simply to keep you real.OBAMA isnt responsible for ONE death you lay on his head.
Funny,I go to all the norml sites,cancer sites,and various other sites and I dont see PB there preaching????????:fsu:

Cannabis has been shown to be anti-neoplastic. However, it also modulates the immune system. To fight the cancer, you need to inhibit it, let it die, then clean it up. The right research should look into what is doing the good, and what is doing the bad. Because we don't want a weak immune system, such as what many anti-neoplastic agents will cause. I believe a significant advancement in cancer therapy lies within marijuana. Unfortunately, not near enough studies are being done. And the studies that are being done, cancer therapies, are being funded and pushed by the drug makers. The government gives approval to study marijuana, and it is still under the Bush administration, even the FDA is appointed by Bush. But with Obama's administration coming in hopefully there will be more research and inhibition of raids on medical marijuana patients, caregivers, and dispensaries

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

If you do some homework, you will find that PB has done extensive research, and also some videos about this very topic...he does not hide his face, he is a true Activist-- I may not agree with him in all his points, but as he said, he has provided several links supporting his argument...you have only argued--
Check out Granny Stormcrow's List, http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=107333 there are many uses for Cannabis...and we have only scratched the surface--
No disrespect intended to you, but I think you are only saying things you have heard, and you seem intelligent, so open up to other possibilities...most of the opinions and "Gov't Studies" done to date....have been biased from the classification and social stigma associated with Cannabis--
PB has mad respect here...as he always provides links and is open to hear other ppls opinions on any matter--
Welcome to ICMag--:wave:

ROJO145

Veteran
As we ALL know,I could link you to just as many nay studies as you can yah studies,that is not my intention by posting here.I believe there to be many medicinal values still undiscovered out there and hope one of them,wether it be marijuana or dandelion brings relief and or a cure for the disease Cancer!!
That off my shoulders,this is not a pissing match or a cock measuring contest so I am out of the discussion,BUT.....I get pissy when I keep reading PB's sig about Obama being responsible for what,we must be over 8000 deaths today????
I have looked at your links and actually am quit impressed with recent(unknown to me) advances,PB,but In no twist of the world could a rational,sane man,BLAME Obama for all the deaths Cancer is causing.I dig the Harvard study tho,and hope they find the cure.........But AGAIN,,,,,,Obama is NOT responsible for one of those deaths.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Obama may not be responsible per se for those deaths...but every day that he does not order new studies, and publicize some of the older, suppressed ones, others are needlessly suffering--
Obama has the chance (that every other President has passed on...) to educate America about what Cannabis really is...and admit to the long-going deception by the Government about the mythical, "Dangers of Marihuana"
Cannabis should be scheduled as an Herb, as it meets the criteria--

G

I have looked at your links and actually am quit impressed with recent(unknown to me) advances,PB,but In no twist of the world could a rational,sane man,BLAME Obama for all the deaths Cancer is causing.I dig the Harvard study tho,and hope they find the cure.........But AGAIN,,,,,,Obama is NOT responsible for one of those deaths.

Thank you so much for looking.

So many people assume that marijuana couldn't possibly hold such an answer.

As for the Harvard study .. LOL .. which one? My guess is that you are talking about one of the Tashkin studies. He published two. The second was a retraction of the first.

And yep .. I'm a nut. And I'll concede yours is bigger than mine :)

And when you see me talkin' God a lot, you might want to ask what strain I've been working with lately:)

Obama is the one single person on the entire earth, right now, that can make a change in the situation. He can sign an order forcing the DEA/FDA to begin rescheduling hearings. And they have to obey.

Each day that passes represents another set of people that it will be to late to help.

It's like a ticking clock.

I urge Obama to do the responsible thing and end this death machine.

In his place of responsibility, he can choose to end it or let it continue another day.

And in his place of responsibility, I'm sure that he has no idea what the impact of that choice is.

Today makes 9000.

AbbieDoobie

Today makes 6 days since you've had an audience with Obama to convince him to sign legal marijuana as law of the land. PB, you are the MLK of marijuana. Now GO! Go talk to Obama, have an audience with him, march from where you are, with all of your followers, speak at the Lincoln Memorial, appear on TV, have that audience with Obama, take our case to Obama, and make the changes those sick people need. Now.....GO!!!

~Abbie :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts