What's new

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

Mist

Getting rid of stems and the fan leaves is the easy part. I just chop everything up really small and then spread it around in the mulch under my bushes. After a couple days it is all brown and blends right in.
My biggest problem is the hydroton from my ebb and gro system. I end up with a couple hundred pounds of wet hydroton to get rid of after each grow. So what I ended up doing was to put it out in the city trash can the night before the trash comes. Those can't are lifted by the truck and dumped by a big arm so nobody every actually looks into the can. And with all that loose hydroton mixing all through the trash that is already in the huge bin I am not really worried about anything getting traced back to my house.
I used to live somewhere that I could clean and reuse the hydroton and will be moving to such a location again soon and that will be a relief on both my mind and my wallet.

TexasToker

And the Rockwool, Hydroton, Coco, etc all go into a compost bin & can be re-used in the future as a super soil!

You put spun glass and expanded clay in your compost? Neither of those will biodegrade. The rockwool may add some areation, but putting hydroton in, just makes a clunky rocky mess IMO.

Bodhi Roach

compost it

compost it

Hey, does anyone make a special compost mix out of their pro/sunshine mix?

make a big bin, dump the dirt - the leaves and stems
add the kitchen fruit and veg scraps and yard waste to it?

D

dunkybones

Mist - Why on earth are you throwing away a couple hundred pounds of hydroton after each grow? Are you not reusing it?

Double bag the trash, securely, and give it to the garbage man. Use caution, not paranoia, in deciding how to handle a grow.

microgram

Making hash out of the big fan leaves is a great way to pollute your hash with greenery. Personally, if I was in your situation, I'd go buy a 200$ wood stove, burn what I could and add it to a garden. if you have a millon dollar grow; that sucks. Personally, I wouldn't throw my medium away unless there was no way to remove the roots, like in rockwool or in coco. If it was coco, I'd take it to a neighborhood composting drop off place and leave it there with all my other trash, and as for the stems and leaves, I'd leave them there too. You'd just have to dry out the leaves, blend them down to nothing, and no one would be the wiser (dried leaves have no smell). Leaving them on your property (or garage, ahem) is a bad idea unless you have a license, or you're doing it in a tolerated fashion, ie: small grows, for a small grow I wouldn't worry about with the composter, just discard little bits at a time with your food scraps, and im sure no one would dig through your compost refuse bin. A good habbit to get into. And If I do say so myself, this forum has made me think green, in more than just cannabis. It's made me realize how bad we're messing up our world with garbage that leeches out of some peoples mouths, especially anti-drug co-ops, governments, universities, etc. As for the lights, RECYCLE THEM! When you're out buying new supplies, bring in your old bulbs into any hydroponics place, im sure they'll gladly take them back and recycle them for you. (Don't forget to ask them to recycle them for you.)

I've left various males in peoples windsheilds before, or on the ground, just to get the point across. Love the best crop ever, love it.

belgowiet

i just trow it in the garbage bag
never had any problem exept for a cat that cut the bag because there whas food in it ...

F

flat5th

i just trow it in the garbage bag
never had any problem exept for a cat that cut the bag because there whas food in it ...

isn't that a pretty big problem? I came out one day to find my trash can tipped over and bags ripped and torn by an animal. Trash was all over my curb...if there were stems and leaves in there they would have been all over my sidewalk.

i consider that a big deal.

fifth.

T

tokinafaty420

I compost the leftovers and add it to my outdoor veggie garden in the spring.

belgowiet

isn't that a pretty big problem? I came out one day to find my trash can tipped over and bags ripped and torn by an animal. Trash was all over my curb...if there were stems and leaves in there they would have been all over my sidewalk.

i consider that a big deal.

fifth.

HaHa that realy happend 2 me but its a quiet neighborhood so nobody saw a thing

M

medi-useA

This here will get rid of a VERY large crop of waste very quickly...and often!...AND it could earn you $$!

muA

Try buying a bubble bag and turning it all into hash before you burn it. After it's been done the scraps won't look or smell anything like pot when you burn it.