What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

creative ways to dispose of pot trash

Vigil

I dump a medium size garbage bag of leaf trim in the walmart garbage right when I walk in to buy some new lightbulbs.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I live out in the country a bit, so I burn anything flammable outside, preferably a small fire at 2 AM on a Wednesday, not a Friday or Saturday when folks are awake.

All nute jugs get rinsed, labels scraped off (thanks wife!) and recycled.
Soil and coco gets tilled into veggie garden.

I only generate 1-2 bags of actual "bad" garbage per grow, I take it to the dump myself 1-2 times a year.

bdro

I always liquifiy trim in a blender then flush it. I feel that driving with trim to dump it is too risky.

mandi paige

i dump all the big fan leafs in busy intersections to show the police that WE cant be stopped and stems i burn em in the firepit... I could burn everything but composting on the streets is funner...

i once burned a 4cufoot moving box full of brown weed leaves and crap all at once. smoked out the old folks home on the next street... didnt even smell like weed burning thou too old or whatever..

hahah thats funny

one time we took a garbage bag and hungout to it out the window going about 70mph and left a trail of fan leaves down the road :xmasnut:

Getting rid of Trim and Stems after Harvesting

Getting rid of Trim and Stems after Harvesting

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned in this section, if it has been mentioned please post a link so I can read it. I could have placed this in the Soil, Coco, Hydro, Indoor/Outdoor section but once we've finished our Harvest, it's time for everything to come down.

O.K. So your buds are dried, everything is trimmed, you've chopped off your water leaves, manicured the buds all nice and pretty (except for you lazy people who leave it all leafy) and now what????? What do you do now?

You've got 15 trash bags full of trim and leaves. Now what? You can't throw the trash bags outside because you've just given away your place. If you try and burn it, your whole neighborhood is going to smell. Do you put it in your car and throw it away some where else?

What do you guys do to get rid of all your waste after the Harvest? And this applies to everything else other than trim and stems - Rockwool, Hydroton, Coco, etc... What is your method?

D

deathtosoapbar

I put all my shade leaves ,stem etc in a food blender with some water ...when done just pour away as liquid

OrganicMeds

Get a worm farm started, they love the stuff & once your farm is established they will eat it all in days then you get to use the BEST worm castings to grow better meds.

And the Rockwool, Hydroton, Coco, etc all go into a compost bin & can be re-used in the future as a super soil!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
When I trim I always sort out trim into two piles:

Bad stuff includes anything brown, fan leaves, stems and anything with little to no THC.

Good stuff is all the actual trimmings.

Dry out all of it in separate bags, then burn the shit in my fireplace in the middle of the night. Or dump somewhere safe a couple times a year. Vacuum seal it to compress it and make it odorproof if transporting.

The good trim gets vac sealed for winter hash projects, but now I'm not gonna make bubble or butane ever again, just QWISO. I found 99% iso for $19 a gallon online, which will do a pound of trim and turn it into roughly 45 grams of insanely good gooey hash!

praisehim.

Veteran
lazyman said it. make some hash outta your material. being that its fifteen bags of trim i'd recommend making some cold water. you can chop up the stalks to.
or you can also make butter out of your trim...

i have a vegetable garden with a 4 foot trench in the middle.. i dump my extra shit in there an mix it with regular soil. i have 7 foot chili treeeeessss : )

recycle everything. make use of what you wouldnt use.

Very good ideas, I was always wondering if I was the only one driving around different parts of town throwing trash bags out of my car. Hoping that for no reason I would get pulled over and asked why I have trash bags of trim in my trunk!

Blckbrd

make hash, self compost, and for all else, bag or box with absolutely no identification information in surrounding refuse and take to dump/transfer station personally

C

crownedsparrow

One of my dogs really likes bud and stems, works great! Does steal and eat buds now, so its a double edged sword!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
There's a sticky in this very forum. 9 pages and over 100 responses. Look at the top of the page.

D

Deaner

Yeah driving it somewhere else just sounds sketchy to me. Doing so would unnecessarily expose you to getting caught with a large sum of illegal material. I like the composting idea.